International Simulation Football League
*The greatest team in the history of the NSFL - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The greatest team in the history of the NSFL (/showthread.php?tid=22040)

Pages: 1 2

*The greatest team in the history of the NSFL - infinitempg - 05-13-2020

(05-13-2020, 12:34 PM)IthicaHawk Wrote:Poor Yeti. They've had a rough time. League worst offense 7 times, league worst defence 7 times.

*BUT* in season 13, Yeti had the league best offense. Scoring 488 points. 48 more than second place. So well done there.

S13 seems to be the upside down season. Top three offenses were Yeti, SaberCats, Liberty. Hawks in last place. SaberCats had the league best defence meanwhile Wraiths had the worst. Season 13.

ah yes our all in season where we went 8-6 and still lost to the stupid river dogs

traded away all our picks in the first ever /r/nfl draft too lmao

*The greatest team in the history of the NSFL - IthicaHawk - 05-13-2020

(05-13-2020, 06:35 PM)TomHanks Wrote:http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=20502

????????????

S21 NOLA had the best offense of the year, scoring 457 points (159 less than S9) and allowing 314 points (72 more than S9). That is a delta of 143 vs 364 (best all time).

*The greatest team in the history of the NSFL - IsaStarcrossed - 05-13-2020

(05-13-2020, 12:41 PM)IthicaHawk Wrote:S21 NOLA had the best offense of the year, scoring 457 points (159 less than S9) and allowing 314 points (72 more than S9). That is a delta of 143 vs 364 (best all time).

I'd actually be curious to see what would happen if you factored in things like the fact we changed from a 14 game system to a 13 game system in S16. And overall strength of teams. Like by point differential, the S9 NOLA team is the best. But what happens when you compare the strength of the teams they played that season to the strength of other seasons?

*The greatest team in the history of the NSFL - IthicaHawk - 05-13-2020

(05-13-2020, 07:12 PM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:I'd actually be curious to see what would happen if you factored in things like the fact we changed from a 14 game system to a 13 game system in S16. And overall strength of teams. Like by point differential, the S9 NOLA team is the best. But what happens when you compare the strength of the teams they played that season to the strength of other seasons?

I'd have to consider how best to approach. I could divide all S1-S15 stats by 13 and multiply by 14 but that's an estimate. I feel, much the same way the NFL directly compares old season stats despite different length of seasons, that it's best to leave things as is.

That being said, some teams have achieved their best offense in the 13 game era and others have had their best defences in the 14 game era. SaberCats had their best defence in S4 for example.

*The greatest team in the history of the NSFL - slothfacekilla - 05-13-2020

(05-13-2020, 11:12 AM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:I'd actually be curious to see what would happen if you factored in things like the fact we changed from a 14 game system to a 13 game system in S16. And overall strength of teams. Like by point differential, the S9 NOLA team is the best. But what happens when you compare the strength of the teams they played that season to the strength of other seasons?

Please don't break Ithica before we get more content

*The greatest team in the history of the NSFL - 37thchamber - 05-14-2020

"Season 1-4 Outlaws feel like some sort of cheat code at this point"

....intentional?

*The greatest team in the history of the NSFL - IthicaHawk - 05-14-2020

(05-14-2020, 09:10 AM)37thchamber Wrote:"Season 1-4 Outlaws feel like some sort of cheat code at this point"

....intentional?

I wasn't aware of the issues that happened at that time until after I released the video and people told me.

*The greatest team in the history of the NSFL - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 05-14-2020

(05-14-2020, 04:10 AM)37thchamber Wrote:"Season 1-4 Outlaws feel like some sort of cheat code at this point"

....intentional?

Definitely multiple levels to it

*The greatest team in the history of the NSFL - speculadora - 05-14-2020

The difference between S9 NOLA and basically every team before or since is they had the depth and quality of talent we see in the league now at a time where the league was probably not-so-debatably teetering on the edge of folding. Imagine sending the best team built in the current league back to a time where we had maybe 80 or 90 active earners league wide. In terms of teams that have come since I'm sure others have competed but realtive to their era, S9 NOLA would be like having a 20k TPE team in the current league

Edit: idk if you discussed this in the video or not, haven't gotten to watch it yet, just something I feel bears repeating when this team gets brought up. It was just an unfair level of talent relative to their peers

*The greatest team in the history of the NSFL - IthicaHawk - 05-25-2020

(05-15-2020, 01:50 AM)speculadora Wrote:The difference between S9 NOLA and basically every team before or since is they had the depth and quality of talent we see in the league now at a time where the league was probably not-so-debatably teetering on the edge of folding. Imagine sending the best team built in the current league back to a time where we had maybe 80 or 90 active earners league wide. In terms of teams that have come since I'm sure others have competed but realtive to their era, S9 NOLA would be like having a 20k TPE team in the current league

Edit: idk if you discussed this in the video or not, haven't gotten to watch it yet, just something I feel bears repeating when this team gets brought up. It was just an unfair level of talent relative to their peers

I just saw this comment. I didn't cover that in the video as that's, I guess, 'meta content' rather than 'in-universe content' which the video focuses on.