International Simulation Football League
(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S23) - PT2 - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=23214)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Leafs4ever - 06-22-2020

PBE PT Affiliate

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - xTri - 06-22-2020

PBE PT

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - retrospace111 - 06-22-2020

Ah, a perfect PT for me. I could write like 2000 words about this and turn into a media piece. The S22 NSFL Draft was an exciting one, sporting the largest draft class in NSFL history. With over 250 members, there were going to be several rounds of max earning players being taken, and several steals and busts also. I was an outspoken, max earning CB that was making himself known to the entire league. Everyone knew who I was, but that doesn't mean they liked me. Some people thought I would fall far, like to the fourth round. I thought there was a 0% chance of me falling out of the 3rd round, mainly because of my TPE and how active I was. I guess I underestimated how many GMs are pussies. I had just come back from a walk, and it was like 8:45 or something and I checked my discord, expecting to get a bunch of DMs and @s and stuff like that, but to my surprise the only alerts I had was from the NSFL discord pinging everyone for the draft stream. I was shocked I wasn't on a team yet, and expecting the worst, I asked what round we were on, and they said 3. My heart sank. I didn't think I would fall this far. I had even made a $5 mil bet with Vorsh that I would go in the first three rounds. I was about to lose 5 million. After the third round ended, I was disappointed. then the 4th round started. I sat there, watching, waiting. I was shocked to see my name not be up there. then the 5th round started. I saw a 100 TPE dude get picked before me. I was mad. Finally I was picked by the Outlaws, with the 54th OA pick.Some people might have got discouraged and quit, but this was just another chip on my shoulder.

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - SchwarzNarr - 06-22-2020

I feel in a very weird place. I was never drafted, I was picked up on waivers, and even though I may have been drafted slightly higher than last, I still don’t know that it would have happened for me in that way. The thing about kickers is that we aren’t the prettiest girl at the dance. Sure, everyone needs one of us, or maybe two, maybe you have someone specializing in strength and someone who is more finesse, but, you really don’t need a lot of us. Kickers aren’t exactly under the threat of massive injuries, either, so we typically can last longer than a lot of other positions, we don’t tend to get concussions, we aren’t going to have massive injuries (most likely, anyway) as a result of getting tackled or anything else. Everyone needs a kicker, but nobody really wants one early on.

The thing is, though, the kicker is who everyone pins the game on. How many games are won or lost in that last minute field goal, because the offense couldn’t do enough? How many games get so close because the kicker missed the point after? There have been at least 3 super bowls decided by these last minute field goal attempts, and if you don’t think that is pressure, oh boy, you are wrong. That pressure is worse than draft fears (or you know, not getting drafted fears).

I really would love to see a kicker go higher up in any draft. They are important, and let me tell you, good kickers can be really hard to find. My hope is that I don’t feel like the ugliest girl at the dance during the NSFL draft. My hope is that even a kicker can be wooed and can feel like a queen.

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - tMuse - 06-22-2020

PT Pass (Used two total now)

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Mavfatha - 06-22-2020

PBE PT

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Ace - 06-22-2020

SHL PT - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php...5463#pid2855463

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Hallmonitor_20 - 06-22-2020

[Image: x8hGpbU.jpg]

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - sakrosankt - 06-22-2020

I created my player alongside many other users in middle of February, which means I am part of the biggest class in NSFL history, S22. The time the draft rolled by, it was very exciting to finally get to know on which team I will land and spend the future of my career. I didn‘t really know who‘ll give a shot and take me, but I had some favorites. As my class was that big, it was hard to say in which round I will go. I would say, I was a solid prospect, but didn‘t have much stats put up in the DSFL. This doesn‘t really mean anything, and I was one of the top WR prospects. Alongside with my Coyote team mate Eddie Jeeta and William Lim. We all were on par in regards to TPE, and were a bit ahead of the rest of our class.

With the big class, it was similar as to other recent drafts – the top picks were very defense heavy. We had to wait until round 3, to see the first wideout go. I am not sure how the GMs ranked us, but my WR colleagues are all top-notch personalities. At the time round 3 showed up, I was very excited. I finally expected a WR to be picked, and it could have been either one of us three. Finally it was Eddie Jeeta, who was selected with the 31st pick by the Austin Copperheads, instantly followed by William Lim selected by the Colorado Yeti. Finally, I was picked with the 36th pick by the new expansion team Sarasota Sailfish. I am glad they took a chance at me and got me into this new franchise, although they already had two top WR in Dexter Banks II and Rayne Gordon.

After my first NSFL season, I think both my team and I are very happy we ended up together. I feel that the Sailfish really like what they have in me, and I feel the same way about everyone on the team.

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Forty Jordy - 06-22-2020

I will reflect both on my DSFL and NSFL draft. For both drafts I was super stoked about being drafted and being drafted as high as possible, although a bit less so for the NSFL draft. Leading up to the draft it was fun being scouted and engaging in GMs. Even though this is a simulated league with fake players, it was a great feeling to be wanted by various teams. The DSFL draft was more exciting for me as this was the first time I experienced being drafted in a sim league. While I did not exactly where or when I was going to be drafted, I had a good feeling about the two. I knew Phat Boi, Magnus Rikya, Clemente, and Magic were all going to be drafted ahead of me which indeed happened. I ended up being drafted in the 3rd round at the upper end of where I was thinking. I also had a feeling that the Birddogs were going to draft me as I had the most interactions with them prior to the draft. It was a very similar story when being drafted to the Otters the biggest difference was that Edd was drafted before me which he earned by putting a lot of effort into the league while being a Birddog. It was also surprising that the Otters took both Edd and myself as that put them at 3 Defensive Tackles. I ended up switching to LB to fill a hole that they had. Overall it was a great experience!

Code:
256 Words