International Simulation Football League
Adam2552 Releases MattJames Contract Negotiations - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Adam2552 Releases MattJames Contract Negotiations (/showthread.php?tid=2531)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Adam2552 Releases MattJames Contract Negotiations - CubsFan19 - 07-23-2017

I read the 6 million part and James' first response and stopped reading. In character or not you are out of your goddamned mind James. If anybody gives that team or the GM shit you clearly dont know how sim leagues work. Go to bed, youre drunk.

Adam2552 Releases MattJames Contract Negotiations - kckolbe - 07-23-2017

(07-23-2017, 06:04 AM)CubsFan19 Wrote:I read the 6 million part and James' first response and stopped reading. In character or not you are out of your goddamned mind James. If anybody gives that team or the GM shit you clearly dont know how sim leagues work. Go to bed, youre drunk.

Check out the Yellowknife contracts. A lot of our rookies got 6 mil the first year.

Adam2552 Releases MattJames Contract Negotiations - Damienj10 - 07-23-2017

Thank god!

(07-23-2017, 06:00 AM)Perry87 Wrote:It only helps his argument if take away all other factors that influence the willingness to pay that much for a position. Predraft Philly made it clear that if they selected me they were going to invest in my development to a LB. In exchange I'm expected to reciprocate that trust and investment with dedication. My initial contract offer with Philly was a lot higher than the one I accepted. Loyalty begets loyalty.
((That is a good argument. I think that you having been around longer and shown that you'll put in the work was a huge factor as well. Yeah, I got nothing else here.

Unrelated, but since we are the same position now (though different roles), I'd like to start some kind of rivalry, friendly in nature, for our rookie season. I'll be playing sometimes at safety, so I am hesitant to just do tackles, but maybe total between tackles, sacks, PDs, and INTs? Two of those favor you (tkls/sacks, two favor me (PDs, INTs). Let me know if interested.))

Adam2552 Releases MattJames Contract Negotiations - CubsFan19 - 07-23-2017

(07-23-2017, 08:14 AM)kckolbe Wrote:Check out the Yellowknife contracts.  A lot of our rookies got 6 mil the first year.

That means nothing. Im referring to the fact he held out and expected the gm to cave and have no choice but to pay that or get rid of him. Character issues like this have no place in leagues as a rookie IF said rookie is actually being serious. If i want that kind of money im not going to act like a douche and expect to be compensated.

Adam2552 Releases MattJames Contract Negotiations - 124715 - 07-23-2017

There are better lineman who would take a smaller contract. I think Adam made the right decision.

Adam2552 Releases MattJames Contract Negotiations - Perry87 - 07-23-2017

(07-23-2017, 10:23 AM)kckolbe Wrote:Unrelated, but since we are the same position now (though different roles), I'd like to start some kind of rivalry, friendly in nature, for our rookie season.  I'll be playing sometimes at safety, so I am hesitant to just do tackles, but maybe total between tackles, sacks, PDs, and INTs?  Two of those favor you (tkls/sacks, two favor me (PDs, INTs).  Let me know if interested.))

You've got a headstart on TPE but sure why not. Hows this scoring suit you

1/2 point per tackle
2 points per PD
2 points per TFL
5 points per sack
5 points per turnover caused (FF/INT)

(07-23-2017, 06:31 AM)Perry87 Wrote:You've got a headstart on TPE but sure why not. Hows this scoring suit you

1/2 point per tackle
2 points per PD
2 points per TFL
5 points per sack
5 points per turnover caused (FF/INT)

((Didn't even think about tfl and ff. Sure. The sack points are really high, and I am unlikely to get any, but since I do have higher TPE, that seems a fair "odds" adjustment. As with my other two bets, gotta process some media first, but there is plenty of time before the season))

Adam2552 Releases MattJames Contract Negotiations - timeconsumer - 07-23-2017

(07-23-2017, 09:28 AM)124715 Wrote:There are better lineman who would take a smaller contract. I think Adam made the right decision.

My contract is pretty damn small.

Adam2552 Releases MattJames Contract Negotiations - timeconsumer - 07-23-2017

Oh, and this just happened.

MattJames signed with the Waiths for 3 years $500k per year.