International Simulation Football League
*Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. (/showthread.php?tid=26337)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. - Bigred1580 - 09-30-2020

(09-30-2020, 06:21 AM)retrospace111 Wrote: How the fuck are you gonna give the saber cats the highest score yet dock points against Other teams for originality? SJS literally has the most plagiarized logo in the league, at least the most obvious. All you have to do is search up San Jose saber cats and you’ll get your answer

haha derpcat go meow meow

RE: Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. - timeconsumer - 09-30-2020

Arizona's branding is actually ripped off from the defunct USFL team the Outlaws. In fact the original Outlaws logo was the same logo as used by the USFL team but changed to red.

RE: Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. - AdamS - 09-30-2020

And the Sabercats were ripped off from a defunct Arena Football team. But the logo is significantly less ripped off than the original Arizona logo was. Shout out to the S6 HO group for denying a rebrand.

But going by the CURRENT logos, Arizona is probably a tad less ripped off. They're both still pretty high up.

Now..to get to my personal beef here...."This is about as clichéd as you can get, an American football team in Texas with a snake logo."

That's not really an accurate assessment. Football, in Texas is a reality, and not a cliche. And also...what even is the phrase "American football team in Texas"? As opposed to like...a Canadian football team in Texas? Finally, Arizona is the state that does snake motifs nonstop. Texas barely has any amongst its many many football teams. So while cliche is a great word to make a complaint sound good, it doesnt really apply here.

RE: Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. - Amidships - 09-30-2020

Have you not seen our uncropped logo?

[Image: iMAAIo3.png]

RE: Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. - r0tzbua - 10-01-2020

(09-30-2020, 06:44 PM)The And AdamS Wrote: Now..to get to my personal beef here...."This is about as clichéd as you can get, an American football team in Texas with a snake "American football team in Texas"? As opposed to like...a Canadian football team in Texas?

American football is what us Europeans call what you know as football. But we tend to call football football in Europe so we need a differentiation. Sometimes all you need is a little perspective.

RE: Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. - Asked Madden - 10-01-2020

And this is why you're my favourite @r0tzbua

RE: Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. - AdamS - 10-01-2020

(10-01-2020, 01:29 AM)r0tzbua Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 06:44 PM)The And AdamS Wrote: Now..to get to my personal beef here...."This is about as clichéd as you can get, an American football team in Texas with a snake "American football team in Texas"? As opposed to like...a Canadian football team in Texas?

American football is what us Europeans call what you know as football. But we tend to call football football in Europe so we need a differentiation. Sometimes all you need is a little perspective.

The perspective I needed in this case was that the author was Euro. Which I'm guessing based on this.

RE: Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. - Asked Madden - 10-01-2020

I think I mentioned it in the long ramblings somewhere that I'm from Scotland haha. Not to worry though! It was a fair point to raise

RE: Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. - Drizzy - 10-01-2020

Arizona logo is fully original, I paid irl money to a designer to get it made and have seen the sketches

RE: *Anyone else sick of ranking threads? I am. Anyway, here's another one. - Asked Madden - 10-02-2020

You can forgive me for mentioning it.