International Simulation Football League
Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Ultimus Neutral Site Game (/showthread.php?tid=3494)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Admin - 08-18-2017

(08-18-2017, 01:52 PM)DeathOnReddit Wrote:ER TOLD ME. BLAME HIM!
Rabble rabble rabble rabble! @ErMurazor

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Bzerkap - 08-18-2017

@ErMurazor what you think man?

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - ErMurazor - 08-19-2017

(08-18-2017, 07:51 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:@ErMurazor what you think man?

I don't have time to formulate a full response right now, but one suck thing about that system is it eliminates the any given Sunday aspect that football has. When I did my sims before the season started the Legion won the Ship a few times. With this system that would NOT happen.

I was also curious why you'd do point differential? I think it would be better to do 10 games and whoever wins the most wins. I think some teams are probably better built to run-up scores and get big differentials while others can play tight and still win. Changing the system could have an unfair impact on some teams.

The other thing is, as the league stands every team has the same schedule of opponents. I think this would be a lot more necessary if one team was able to beat up on a crappy conference/division all of the time but that's not really the case right now. It makes it more interesting because ALL of the top teams are competing for home field in the Ultimus as well as everything else and nobody really has an easier path to get that home field.

Those are all of my unbiased opinions.

My biased opinion is at the very least this change should not be implemented this season. The Outlaws have all but locked up home field at this point for the Ultimus if we make it there so it'd be kind of shitty to "lose it." :shrug:

At the VERY least I think it should be most wins in a series, strongly oppose the point differential thing. I'm probably not going to be back until Sunday night but I can say more then if you want to hear it. Lol!

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Bzerkap - 08-19-2017

(08-18-2017, 11:07 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:I don't have time to formulate a full response right now, but one suck thing about that system is it eliminates the any given Sunday aspect that football has. When I did my sims before the season started the Legion won the Ship a few times. With this system that would NOT happen.

I was also curious why you'd do point differential? I think it would be better to do 10 games and whoever wins the most wins. I think some teams are probably better built to run-up scores and get big differentials while others can play tight and still win. Changing the system could have an unfair impact on some teams.

The other thing is, as the league stands every team has the same schedule of opponents. I think this would be a lot more necessary if one team was able to beat up on a crappy conference/division all of the time but that's not really the case right now. It makes it more interesting because ALL of the top teams are competing for home field in the Ultimus as well as everything else and nobody really has an easier path to get that home field.

Those are all of my unbiased opinions.

My biased opinion is at the very least this change should not be implemented this season. The Outlaws have all but locked up home field at this point for the Ultimus if we make it there so it'd be kind of shitty to "lose it."  :shrug:

At the VERY least I think it should be most wins in a series, strongly oppose the point differential thing. I'm probably not going to be back until Sunday night but I can say more then if you want to hear it. Lol!
Good points. Thanks for your thoughts!

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - kckolbe - 08-19-2017

(08-18-2017, 10:07 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:At the VERY least I think it should be most wins in a series, strongly oppose the point differential thing. I'm probably not going to be back until Sunday night but I can say more then if you want to hear it. Lol!

I would be completely cool with this as a compromise, as it would limit home field advantage.

(08-18-2017, 11:50 PM)kckolbe Wrote:I would be completely cool with this as a compromise, as it would limit home field advantage.
Agreed. I mean we really don't have to do that much to fix it. I just want something done about it. Home field advantage is a crazy advantage.

Although I do understand the argument about everyone playing everyone already

(08-19-2017, 11:26 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:Agreed. I mean we really don't have to do that much to fix it. I just want something done about it. Home field advantage is a crazy advantage.

Although I do understand the argument about everyone playing everyone already

Everyone playing everyone doesn't mean equality, though. Just look at the Liberty. Playing them weeks 1-4 was a guaranteed win, home or road. By week 13, though, they are just as good as the Hawks and Cats. Some schedules will be stronger than others

(08-19-2017, 12:29 PM)kckolbe Wrote:Everyone playing everyone doesn't mean equality, though.  Just look at the Liberty.  Playing them weeks 1-4 was a guaranteed win, home or road.  By week 13, though, they are just as good as the Hawks and Cats.  Some schedules will be stronger than others
Good call. I reverse my opinion. Neutral site is a must

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - TimPest - 08-19-2017

i think wraiths wont be saying this if they were home field for champions game.

(08-19-2017, 02:51 PM)TimPest Wrote:i think wraiths wont be saying this if they were home field for champions game.

I might be saying it as a proposed rule for S3 and beyond. I completely understand keeping it as is for this year.