International Simulation Football League
Minor Attribute Cap Increase - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Minor Attribute Cap Increase (/showthread.php?tid=4244)

Pages: 1 2 3

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - SimmerDownBruhh - 09-06-2017

(09-07-2017, 12:10 AM)37thchamber Wrote:That's kind of my point though. Not all active users get lots of cash

I don't bring in a lot from gfx and media (for various reasons) but I'm still active though.

I don't think there's a problem with rewarding activity. That makes perfect sense. I just think if it's done based on money you effectively exclude a chunk of the active member base.

When I thought this up, I wanted to avoid using your already earned TPE for the use of bringing up your cap because money is still something that can be grown on your own time more often and quicker than the point tasks/activity checks/weekly trainings come. And even then, you still spend money to bring up your attributes with equipment and training regardless, I'm thinking of it like a Legend Mentor Training System type thing.

It's available to everybody but not achievable by everybody.

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - Anti-Hype - 09-06-2017

I really like it. Coming from someone who doesn't exactly have the most money and probably wouldn't use it to its fullest extent right now. I feel like if we wanted reward activity more without it being unfair to folks who don't have all the time this would be the way to do it.

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - SwagSloth - 09-06-2017

(09-06-2017, 09:59 PM)Noble Wrote:Either way its rewarding the most active users. The richer players usually have more money because they're either 1) At the height of their career when this increased cap would make sense to buy 2) a part of multiple league offices that require activity to earn money or 3) a super active member of the GFX or media community and therefor help out the site as a whole and get the reward they deserve.

I'm also speaking as part of that upper class and as someone who earns $18,000,000 from salary and league jobs alone, so it would be good to hear a low revenue users POV.

Keep in mind though, the league can only give back as much as you put in. If you aren't an active member of the community, you shouldn't expect the same bonuses as if you are.

I like the idea of spending large amounts of TPE to go over the cap and have given thought to it myself.

Maybe allow players a choice:
(A) Spend 2x or 3x the TPE to go over the cap. (ex: max STR 90. It normally costs 15 points to go from 90-91, so I have to spend 30/45 TPE to do it.)
(5) Spend a certain amount of money to raise the cap, so it doesn't require 2x/3x TPE. It should be a large amount of money, but would give people an alternative.

I don't think either option or even both is bad as long as it's a huge TPE/$$$ sink. Ultimately, it takes a lot to reach your attribute max, so this would mostly be an endgame focus for veteran players that were super active their whole career and/or did well on predictions.

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - kcheng686 - 09-07-2017

(09-06-2017, 08:49 PM)SwagSloth Wrote:I like the idea of spending large amounts of TPE to go over the cap and have given thought to it myself.

(A) Spend 2x or 3x the TPE to go over the cap. (ex: max STR 90. It normally costs 15 points to go from 90-91, so I have to spend 30/45 TPE to do it.)
(5) Spend a certain amount of money to raise the cap, so it doesn't require 2x/3x TPE. It should be a large amount of money, but would give people an alternative.

I don't think either option or even both is bad as long as it's a huge TPE/$$$ sink. Ultimately, it takes a lot to reach your attribute max, so this would mostly be an endgame focus for veteran players that were super active their whole career and/or did well on predictions.

I think a good idea is once you hit your 4th season, you can pay like 10 million for a 1 time payment 100 cap TPE (basically TPE used to increase cap. So like if you can use the cap TPE to increase your caps however you see fit. Cost is same as normal TPE costs.)

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - SimmerDownBruhh - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 12:49 AM)SwagSloth Wrote:I like the idea of spending large amounts of TPE to go over the cap and have given thought to it myself.

I see what you're saying, I was just thinking that I don't want to make changes towards using the Update Scale, that's why I proposed it to be the way of purchase should be of monetary value. That and it will be easier on us upgrading to our supposed caps.

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - SimmerDownBruhh - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 12:49 AM)SwagSloth Wrote:I like the idea of spending large amounts of TPE to go over the cap and have given thought to it myself.

Just like I said earlier, that'll be pretty cost efficient to spend your already earned TPE to increase the cap of an Attribute. Maybe I just think that I more than likely wouldn't put a cap max on my highest attribute, I'm thinking I would use it more on one of my lower attributes to get a bit more of edge in something I'm lacking. In my instance, I'll probably use my +10 to get my speed from 75 to to 82-83ish.

I dunno, it seems like using more TPE than it usually takes to increase the cap (above the allotted amount in the Update Scale) sort of stunts the growth of your player, where you can put that TPE in another area of your build.

Options would be awesome though, people love options. Lol

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - SwagSloth - 09-07-2017

(09-06-2017, 11:20 PM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:Just like I said earlier, that'll be pretty cost efficient to spend your already earned TPE to increase the cap of an Attribute. Maybe I just think that I more than likely wouldn't put a cap max on my highest attribute, I'm thinking I would use it more on one of my lower attributes to get a bit more of edge in something I'm lacking. In my instance, I'll probably use my +10 to get my speed from 75 to to 82-83ish.

I dunno, it seems like using more TPE than it usually takes to increase the cap (above the allotted amount in the Update Scale) sort of stunts the growth of your player, where you can put that TPE in another area of your build.

Options would be awesome though, people love options. Lol

Yeah, the TPE option wouldn't really be cost efficient, but it's more about just offering an alternative. The majority of people would benefit more from spending it in other stats unless they're maxed out in key attributes. Mostly, I'm just brainstorming because I find the idea interesting.

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - 37thchamber - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 04:22 PM)SwagSloth Wrote:Yeah, the TPE option wouldn't really be cost efficient, but it's more about just offering an alternative. The majority of people would benefit more from spending it in other stats unless they're maxed out in key attributes.
My thinking, basically.

If I'm honest, I feel like spending TPE to boost Speed past the 90 limit I have as a zone CB would probably serve me better than boosting endurance beyond 70, for example. So why would I not want to do it?

And rather than have to save up all my cash to do it -- which as I already mentioned isn't exactly flowing in, for various reasons -- why not use my "excess" TPE?

(tbf in this example it would probably be better for me to spend 4m and change archetype to man to man, then boost hands past the limit instead, but you get my point)

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - kcheng686 - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 07:36 AM)37thchamber Wrote:My thinking, basically.

If I'm honest, I feel like spending TPE to boost Speed past the 90 limit I have as a zone CB would probably serve me better than boosting endurance beyond 70, for example. So why would I not want to do it?

And rather than have to save up all my cash to do it -- which as I already mentioned isn't exactly flowing in, for various reasons -- why not use my "excess" TPE?

(tbf in this example it would probably be better for me to spend 4m and change archetype to man to man, then boost hands past the limit instead, but you get my point)

Honestly though, I feel like this will just end up in everyone boosting the hell out of speed, since it is so important, and end up making everyone more of the same than more customized

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - Admin - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 08:42 AM)kcheng686 Wrote:Honestly though, I feel like this will just end up in everyone boosting the hell out of speed, since it is so important, and end up making everyone more of the same than more customized
Yeah, it's a neat idea but this would just negate all the DT changes we made and make everyone faster