International Simulation Football League
(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight (/showthread.php?tid=4476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - SwagSloth - 09-11-2017

While his position is not typically an exciting position to watch on its own, I’m really excited to see how Offensive Lineman Francois Lameroux performs over the course of this season. Francois has a lot of passion for the game and is driven to excel at his position. I think he has the potential to put together more pancakes than any rookie has ever achieved in their first season. On top of that, he’s part of a great offensive line and has already been taken in under the tutelage of the Wraith’s Mat Akselsen, who is one of the most dominant linemen in the league. Together, these two are going to accomplish amazing things on the field and take the wraiths’ offense to an even higher level, which is no small statement. Offensive Lineman is not a glorious position. They don’t get the big stats that other players do. They’re not typically involved in making turnovers or scoring points, but they’re vital at every part of the game and we need players at this position to display passion and drive if their teams are going to realize their full offensive potential. And Francois Lameroux is exactly the type of player that possesses such motivation. Picked up at #9 overall in the S3 draft, I believe that Francois will prove to be well worth his ADP when the season is over.

230 Words

@Archon

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Oles - 09-11-2017

Written: Must include 200 words. Talk about which rookie you are excited to see play during the pre season.

I’m excited to see Clifford Rove play in the preseason. The pick many seem to call a reach will show why he can be a top QB, and why he was the best QB in the draft. Everyone was quick to talk about the Liberty reaching for him, and did not see 2nd round value from the top QB in the draft, but the only team that matters in that regard is the Liberty. They’re the ones who took him, and now we wait and see if he really was the best QB in the draft. I hope to see him do well, as he will help send that offense to new heights, and with the defense already doing well, Rove could be the final piece needed to really make an impact in the league and reach the next level. Rove will have good targets to throw to, and hopefully a good offensive line to protect him. He has the tools for success, and he should be able to quickly make a name for himself in the league, and he gets started on his quest soon. He will help lead the team to new heights, and he was the last piece needed to make the Liberty contenders.

@Yurt6

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - RainDelay - 09-11-2017

[Image: gMja0ST.png]

Season 4 Rookies should count as well!

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Kris - 09-11-2017

Edit: I wrotw this before Boggs got traded to Colorado. I hope I can still get TPE for it.

I'm really excited to play alongisde Brice Boggs. Actually I really think the offseason additions for the Wraiths are really good and our defense is the one that's overlooked. Yes, it was horrible, if being honest, but this season we don't look much worse than your average NSFL defense and that's only going to improve. A revamped D-Line, strengthened defensive back position will surely make us boast better stats at the end of the season.

But now let's continue about Boggs. Last season as a waiver pickup he already showed that he's going to be a stud. 82 tackles made him the 3rd best tackler in Yellowknife, and that number would put him around the same spot if he played for other teams as well. Five tackles for loss, two forced fumbles, six sacks and an interception is by no means a bad statline for any decent linebacker iin the NSFL, but this guy wasn't even drafted yet! He's only going to improve, and that means we are going to hear more of Brice Boggs. Playing alongisde Kevin Cushing they might already become a well oiled duo of linebackers and if you add a much better D-Line, this front 7 of the Yellowknife Wraiths will look scary in no time. Excited for the preseason!

YKW YKW YKW YKW

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - cosbornballboy - 09-11-2017

I am very excited to see the man, the myth, the legend, other cliches here to boost my word count, Brice Boggs @Daybe. This man is just a ferocious beast. If you put his mother in front of him, he'll even tackle her. If you put YOUR mother in front of him, he'll fuck your mom. This man knows know boundaries, and that is why he is a very serious contender for line backer of the year. Had he been on the Hawks defense, he may have had a shot at an Ultimus this season, but we'll see how his numbers hold up in order to see if the Hawks will attempt to trade for him. In essence, I can't wait to see if rookie Brice Boggs becomes elite enough to play for the Hawks defense that will be in the Ultimus for the second season running. Brice Boggs is a special player that, theoretically, could have gone number one in another draft, but he's here to stay, ready to show the Yeti and the Outlaws why passing on him was a mistake, and he's now here with a vengeance. Brice Boggs will be elite. Mark my words on that.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - ralz9 - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 10:19 AM)Ballerstorm Wrote:[Image: TlROz4a.png]
@ralz9

dope!

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - kcheng686 - 09-11-2017

With the trade of star WR Mayran Jackson to the Colorado Yeti, rookie wide receiver and third round pick Samuel Zhang of Michigan State is officially the third wide out for the Outlaws offense, and many eyes are on him. However, there is also another big change for the Outaws, as there is talk about rookie tight end Charlie Law out of Boise State University replacing veteran TE Joseph Tkachuk on the Outlaws depth charts.

The 6'5 possession tight end will likely feature heavily in the Outlaws passing offense in the preseason. With 2 strong wide receivers in Evans and Chess, and a high potential 3rd WR in Zhang, its likely Law will be open a fair bit in the preseason. However, Law is also a significantly worse blocker than Tkachuk was, and it will be interesting to see how this affects the run game as well.

So with the huge overhaul to the Legion offense this offseason, there is quite a bit of pressure on Law. Can he perform well and show the team that he is deserving of the #1 TE spot, or will be underperform, and allow Tkachuck to keep his position as the starting tight end of the Outlaws?

- 203 words

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - BoltyMcSpeedy - 09-11-2017

Buster Mimes here, Buster Mimes' Agents and Grocery. This is quite the question to be presented with. There is one clear answer heading into season 3. The Rookie the WORLD is most excited to see is none other than my client, #31 Erlich Burnsman. Don't be surprised to see others proclaiming the same. We have already seen flashes but I'm confident when you see what this kid can do after a full offseason, the NSFL will be looking at its newest superstar. My client #31 Erlich Burnsman is working endlessly to improve his speed, it appears there is no cap as to what he can accomplish there. Once he is confident he can outrun defenders he will turn his focus to his endurance making him a threat to break a big one every down. Hell, the kid may even start working on his tackling because there is NOTHING my client cannot accomplish. Except Intelligence, that may remain low.

The preseason will be simply the appetizer for what the regular season will bring as a main course. For dessert? A championship. That is how confident Erlich is, that is how confident I am. This offense will be a powerhouse and my client will be the electricity that powers it. His backfield mate Leroy will be the engine that pushes them forward, and their O line will be the plow that clears opposing teams out of the way. Which rookie am I MOST excited to see this preseason, you ask? The one and only #31 Erlich Burnsman. The FUTURE of the NSFL.

-Buster Mimes rep Erlich Burnsman
Buster Mimes Agents and Grocery

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Muford - 09-11-2017

One rookie that I cannot wait to see in the Pre-Season is none other than the new San Jose kicker, Iyah Blewitt. After going through all of season two with two different kickers, both of which weren’t showing up to practices but only games and with that not helping but hindering the team immensely. When your kickers can’t get the job done that really can hurt the team because they are missing either easy field goals, or shanking punts and giving the opposition great field position. Mr. Blewitt might not have the strongest or most accurate leg but one thing that he has already shown since the draft is the drive and want to continue to get better. This man is in the gym with the big named players of Vincent Sharpei, Darren Smallwood, Dan Miller and John Canton daily, which is something to say. He has brought a much needed breath of fresh air, so to speak, to San Jose with his words and essence he brings day in and day out. Iyah Blewitt is already helping rebuild the San Jose Sabercats in more ways than you can imagine. With how much he has already been a part of things, and how much he is willing to work on things, dare I say after seeing him in Pre-Season he could even be Rookie of the Year.

(227 words)

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - kckolbe - 09-11-2017

Trey Willie is the last great rookie offensive weapon. As each team continues to fill the holes in their rosters, and with players on offensive (excluding the offensive line) generally working harder and competing for depth spots on the DSFL, it is getting harder to see a wide receiver make any kind of impact in his rookie year. Trey Willie is the exception to that rule.

In Season Two, Willie played for the Orange County Otters as a number three receiver after being picked up as a waiver claim just prior to Week 3. Despite missing all of offseason training and two games, Willie racked up four touchdowns, tied for 12th among all wide receivers. He was selected by the Baltimore Hawks with the tenth overall pick. Technically, Willie will begin the season as the number three wide receiver, but with #1 receiver Cooper Christmas appearing to have hit his ceiling, it seems that Matthew Vincent will replace Christmas at #1, but Willie may very well take that job away as well, moving to the #2 spot well before the season’s end. And with Carmel Gibson not there to lead all tight ends in touchdowns, the sky is the limit for Trey Willie.