International Simulation Football League
(S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms (/showthread.php?tid=50642)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - JoeSteel - 04-08-2024

Ironically this was a podcast topic that I was wanting to do with Tmoney! Coming from NOLA, I can imagine from the outside it would appear miserable to lose so much in so many seasons. Especially someone like myself that came in during the worst of it all. So to that extent, it was actually nice to understand I'm not going thru this alone. We pretty much expected losses, so that kind of hurt the pain of them in the kneecaps, but the extent to which it was going was demoralizing. Especially how certain games could be extremely close. I think the team focusing on ensuring the players were kept in the loop regarding things happening was a big thing as well. The transparency really made it feel like the GMs were dealing with much more than we were at times between managing the punishments and the chatter from the league as a whole. Seeing it as avplayer had me resonating with Mobi quite a bit honestly.

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - r0tzbua - 04-08-2024

SHL affiliate

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - .Laser - 04-08-2024

SHL affiliate

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - Brad Woof - 04-08-2024

I think the Honolulu locker room has been a great place to be as an ISFL rookie just because of the friendly nature of it. Teammates and prospects are accepted as soon as they join and it feels like everyone is on the same page about keeping things fun and approachable. We regularly run Hunger Games/Survivor sims that tend to draw a lot of activity amongst vets and prospects alike, and having something as simple as the Question of the Day bot always gives the locker room something to chat about, regardless of how small the topic might be. I'd like to think that I, and my fellow S47 rookies, fit in well by bringing the same energy and "island vibe" to the locker room that they've already had. Scouting out personality fits is an important job for any ISFL GM because a user/player that fits in is more likely to be active and contribute to both the teams' success and its activity. The more activity, the better. I feel like we've fit in very well and I hope my teammates agree.

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - amjohnson636 - 04-08-2024

I believe the main thing to do when it comes to livening up a locker room is to be active within the locker room on gamedays. I know that in the London locker room both Tyler and Twenty-Six put highlights in chat and at the user who made the big play. I think this works great as it encourages the user to not just be active within the locker room but also pushes them to go check out the live stream going on. I also think that adding new users to the war room is essential for keeping the war room fresh and new blood cycling through into leadership roles. I personally did this, and I am very happy to be a GM. Going forward I hope that we can get some game nights going or possibly even some movie nights as we look to increase the activity within our locker room.

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - DocLars - 04-08-2024

The Grey Ducks have an entertaining and friendly locker room that makes it enjoyable to be a part of. We have a question of the day that facilitates discussion on a daily basis, and on game days the chat is always very active watching the live stream. I also couldn't talk about Minnesota's locker room without mentioning the Honk Tourney, where ducks and duck hopefuls battle it out to be declared the Honk King. I like to think that I bring a laid back and friendly vibe to the locker room which fits in perfectly with the rest of our team. I've also gotten to reminisce about my college years with Hudz and our mutual admiration of Tressel Ball. At the end of the day, the locker room is controlled by the GMs and they've both done a tremendous job making it a welcoming, fun, and friendly space where we will get together and celebrate our Ultimini win in just a few weeks time. QUACK QUACK

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - Rusfan - 04-08-2024

If you’re not someone wanting to know about the weekly tasks, the PTs, the predictions, and so on, you would not like to share a locker room with me. When possible, such as in New York, I ping the subscription flair with a description of whatever it is the deadline is approaching for. Usually around 7:30 EST for weekly predictions, and whenever I think to do it for the activity checks and PTs. In the offseason, whenever it starts for the team I’m on, it’s a ping for the wiki update with a message that I can help with whatever is needed, such as opening the page for the first time or updating it with a stats table. It could also be a ping for the offseason task, with a reminder that you don’t need to acquire all 10 TPE, and that only doing part of it is OK too, as long as some work is done.

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - ValorX77 - 04-08-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - griis - 04-08-2024

While I appreciate the effort to get everyone to divulge the secrets of their locker room, the Honolulu Hahaula locker room remains a secret and covert location, best kept away from prying eyes. That being said, there are a few pastimes I can divulge:

1. Berating Icebear for no reason in particular- Similar to the daily post-shower wet towel fights in the Berlin locker room that @jreed12 is oh so fond of, it serves as a vital team bonding activity for the Hahalua.

2. General scheming- I can't go into too much detail on this, but as any other team does we scheme as well. Beware.

3. Yapping- probably too much yapping for my taste, but nonetheless a staple of any good locker room. With media tycoons such as myself and Mr. Woof in the locker room, its important we keep our ear to the ground for a new beat. And in that case, it means keeping up with the yapping.

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - Muddym13 - 04-08-2024

Creating locker room unity is absolutely essential for a team's success, and I'm proud to say that the London Royals have been doing a fantastic job through our Discord server so far. As a brand-new rookie, I've been welcomed with open arms, and my experience so far has been nothing short of amazing. In our Discord server, there are plenty of different channels to participate in, from RPG chat to Pokemon battles, providing opportunities for bonding beyond just talking football (although there's always time to talk about some football!). When I'm active on the server, I make sure to bring some positive energy and offer valuable input whenever it's needed, aiming to contribute to the team's success in any way I can. Being promoted to our team's war room was also a big accomplishment for me and I am glad they felt like I would be a good fit for that role. Two people who have really stood out to me are AJ and Twenty6. They've been incredibly supportive, always there to answer my questions and offer advice on how to improve my guy in the sim league. Their guidance has been very appreciated and I couldn't ask for better people to help me get the ropes of this league. But it's not just AJ and Twenty6, there are others in the locker room who keep the chat lively and entertaining. Everyones presence adds to the sense of working towards winning and makes being part of the London Royals a truly enjoyable experience. Overall, I'm very grateful to be part of such a supportive and welcoming team. With the positive atmosphere in our locker room, I'm confident that we will have a great season this year.