International Simulation Football League
(S48) Late Joiner Thread - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S48) Late Joiner Thread (/showthread.php?tid=51102)

Pages: 1 2

RE: (S48) Late Joiner Thread - Bwestfield - 05-20-2024

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=51454

Week 3: 05/20 - 05/26 - Eligible for 21 TPE (3 Prompts)

- Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it
I wanted to pay tribute to Marc Spector in my name but I wasnt 100% sure how to do that. I didnt know if I should use his name or something similar, so I went similar and the name Graves stuck. The name Lucas I just grabbed from a random name generator has no significance. I hope that I can keep his memory alive here as he was a great personality and friend.

- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?
I first want to say that I love a lot of the teams' brandings. They uniquiness adds to each one of them. That being said, the New York Silverbacks are my favorite. I helped design the team with the assistance of many others. Honorable mentions are the Hahalua, Yeti, and Fire Salamanders. My least favorite is probably the butchers for no other reason that I wanted to pick one team to be the worst.

- Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you
The number 99 has no significant meaning to me. It is used by a number of great NFL players like Aaron Donald who recently retired. I chose the number 99 also because it is the highest number that a player can wear. If in the future player numbers can go higher, I will likely change my number to that.

@Bwestfield 21 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S48) Late Joiner Thread - STZ - 05-20-2024

- What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?
I think my favorite part of the league is that it's giving me old school VHL vibes. The way the old update threads worked, as well as just having that feeling of learning a new league with a whole bunch of new members that I've never interacted with. There have been times where I've tried other leagues, but just kind of fell off. This one seems very unique, and the earning doesn't seem overly intimidating. The Teams look interesting and so far, the discord servers have been filled with some pretty cool people. Astro first sent out a message to me, but after being claimed by the Luchadores, their GM Croney has been very helpful.

- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?
Navigating around the forum was a little difficult. I still don't really understand how or where I was claimed by the DSFL team. It's a little confusing understanding where exactly we are in the season schedule (I understand now). I think if it weren't for the members who reached out when they did, I probably never would have created a player. When you get to the forum, everything does seem very overwhelming, it would be good if there was a landing page or a pop-up that told new-creates that a ISFL Member would be around to help navigate them through the league.

- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft (or waivers). What makes you stand out?
Anyone who is interested in picking me, should know that I'm an experienced sim leaguer from VHL. I do my best to make good players, but to warn you, VHL is my main league, and if I have to make time for it, I'll likely go inactive here. I'm easy to talk to, honest, and loyal to my teams. I chose OL because I think it's an under-the-radar position, and it would be a good spot for a clicker who does the min earning but can still be productive.

Well, I think it's an obvious satirical take on Jason Kelce. My daughter is a hardcore Swiftie, and so I've had firsthand experience of Football takes from a 10-year-old Swiftie. I think it's hilarious that an all-time Tight End is being referred to just as Taylor's Boyfriend. I find it equally funny that an all-time center is just Taylor's Boyfriends Brother. If I had more characters I would have names him Taylor's Boyfriend's Podcast Co-Host.

- Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you
62 is Jason Kelce's number. That's basically all that it came down to. No special significance to myself. I don't even quite understand football numbers, I thought they were limited to certain numbers for different positions..

word count: 515

@STZ Just FYI your player creation date is Week 2: 05/13 - 05/19 - Eligible for 14 TPE (2 Prompts). 14 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S48) Late Joiner Thread - Yahtzee - 05-20-2024

Player Profile

Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it
I'm just a pretty big fan of Tim Robinson. The show he has 'Tim Robinson I Think You Should Leave' is one of my favs and I quote it all the time. His other show Detroiters was also hilarious and I wish it got more seasons. I'm currently using Tim Robinson as my VHL player and then decided to join this league and make him over here as well.

Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?
I'm just out here trying my friggin best! I honestly can't guarantee I will be a great player haha. I'm relatively active in the VHL and would like to be active here as well, but life can happen so there may be times where I'm not doing as much. If your team has a discord tho, I will join and I will at minimum chime in from time to time. I do like to make graphics for my VHL players so I can maybe do that over here as well if I have time for it!

@Yahtzee 14 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S48) Late Joiner Thread - AJW - 05-21-2024

- What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?

My favourite part of the ISFL so fair is that y'all are now an affiliate to the VHL. The VHL is my home and I am really happy to have expanded to this league as well after trying it once before. Getting back into the swing has been okay but my GM Croney has been a huge help as well as all the people in the DSFL and ISFL discords. Super useful having a boat load of members to help at my disposal.

My player's name is really easy to understand. I created a kicker who takes on the Accuracy Kicker traits and I named him Auto Matic. Basically, if you are still lost, I want my player's leg to kick the ball every time and never miss the uprights. Making so many kicks so often that one may call him, "Auto Matic". Also I made a player in the EFL before called Big Leg, I think, so I had to be more creative than that of course.

@AJW 14 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S48) Late Joiner Thread - jacobcarson877 - 05-23-2024

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?pid=803785&highlight=jacobcarson877#pid803785
Week 3: 05/20 - 05/26 - Eligible for 21 TPE (3 Prompts)

As I’ve mentioned before I’m mostly here to fulfill my cravings for VHL TPE by getting my Affiliate Check, so that is probably the real answer for my favourite thing so far, but for useful information I think the Wiki is my favourite part, getting to be a part of a huge history recording is really cool even for something this niche.

- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?

I’ll be honest I don’t think the experience was intuitive, and I think me knowing sim leagues pretty well and being extremely bored today, even in the face of being very busy, has gotten me to this place. Everything is very de-centralized which can be a bonus I’m sure but as someone used to looking in just a couple spots for everything useful, it’s been a bit of a learning curve.

The meaning of my name which I just talked about in my mega media, is that I don’t know football or basketball positions and I once had a VHL player who used actual human names to make the initials of their position (Landon Wolanin, Left Wing), and now every time I join a league with positions I don’t understand I use that scheme to make horrific names like Oandon Lolanin.

@jacobcarson877 21 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S48) Late Joiner Thread - WALDO - 05-31-2024

What truly inspired the name Zack Vega Jr. was obviously the previous player of mine Zack Vega, but the name truly began when I used a random name generator to make myself a fun name to use as my MLB2k13 MyCareer mode character. As you can see, the name has stuck with me and I now consistently use it for many different games.

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=51180&pid=799925#pid799925 (1 Prompt)

@WALDO 7 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S48) Late Joiner Thread - Daniel Janser - 05-31-2024

Prompt 1: What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?
I love that everyone is so welcoming and eager to explain what football is really about (as I am from Europe and have absolutely no clue about it). I found a home quick in the BBB and Whovian as well as Triceratop happily explained me how to navigate and that OL are not to be sneezed at (as noob this sounded like the most generic football position) and that there is always a need on that position.

Prompt 2: As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?
I come from the VHL and it is slightly different there. However, when I remember back when I was a noob in that league, everything was daunting and chaotic to my untrained eye. Meanwhile I help others navigate on the forum and such. I guess it is a matter of getting used to. I really like the check list for the point task, though.

Prompt 3: Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you
I use #7 as it was always my jersey number in sports and because one of my favourite players of my local hockey club wore the number seven (Dino 'Dynamite' Kessler, an offensive minded defender). The reason I used the number seven in real life is due to my DOB (which for obvious reasons I will not disclose).

Player page: https://forums.sim-football.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=4200

@Daniel Janser 21 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S48) Late Joiner Thread - hihihi_62 - 06-04-2024

Player Page - Created June 4th

Prompts:
1) What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved? 
I was originally recruited back in S17, recreated in S29 and have in IA since about 2022 so although I'm not a "newbie" I can tell you that a lot has changed since I was last here and for the better! So far my favourite part has been how easy it was to create my new player compared to the last time I was on the site and look forward learning about the other improvements since I was last here! (80 words)

2) As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?
I touched on this in my above prompt but I can honestly say that the improvements that the league has made in relation to the character creation since the last time I created in S29 is a massive improvement. Everything from the improved "Rookie Guide" to the Character Creation sheet and absolutely love the new TPE entry system - back in my day I had to do the math on TPE myself so this is WAY easier. (76 Words)

3) Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?
This isn't my first rodeo. I've produced two previous max earner players and after a longer than expected IA hiatus I am back and hungrier than ever to add to my trophy case. I look forward to hearing from teams and want any and all GMs reading this to know that they will regret it if they don't seriously consider adding Spencer to the roster. (65 words)

4) The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?
The very first ISFL to draft me was the Yellowknife Wraiths and as a result I've always had a huge soft spot for their branding - I love the colour scheme, the location and the logo! My least favourite has to be the Orange County Otters for a very similar reason - they beat my Wraiths in numerous Ultimus games back in my earlier seasons and I can't forgive them and their stupid Otter logo for that! (75 words)

5) Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it
Unfortunately I don't have a cool or inspirational answer to this one. When it came to character creation I knew that I wanted to create a disruptive pass rushing Defensive End and for some reason the name, "Martavius Spencer", just came to mind and spoke to me. What I can guarantee is that QBs will be having nightmares about that name for years to come. (65 words)

6) Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you
Similar to my player's name there isn't necessarily a special story behind this one although during character creation I hummed and hawed over a good DE number and my head took me back to the early 2000s when Dwight Freeney was wreaking absolute havock on the NFL and as a result settled on #93 in his honour. (57 words)

bumping for @wizard_literal to review

@hihihi_62 35 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.