International Simulation Football League
Publicize HO Votes - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Publicize HO Votes (/showthread.php?tid=6219)

Pages: 1 2

Publicize HO Votes - kckolbe - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 07:11 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:Was there? I can’t find anything

The Bly ruling.

Publicize HO Votes - TheMemeMaestro - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 06:11 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:Was there? I can’t find anything

How we had to take him 1 or 2 OA instead of with a 2nd round pick or even the ability to trade down in the draft and still pick him in the 1st round. We talked about this in the NSFL GMs Discord, but it was never an official HO ruling

Publicize HO Votes - ItsJustBarry - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 09:06 AM)kckolbe Wrote:Yeah, and a pretty major fucking ruling got handed down about Yeti and Bly, and there is almost NOTHING talking about it.  I'm just not seeing improvement.

Did the HO make a major ruling on this that I missed? I saw Sandoval agree to take Bly 1OA in discord without any HO getting involved.

Also, I will point out that I think people are misinterpreting the rule here. The rule everyone is referring to would be in place if Bly was the Yeti co-GM prior to recreating which is not the case in this situation. The rule does not, at least should not, apply to any GM/Co-GM from an upcoming draft class that is appointed the position during their rookie DSFL season. Otherwise, we would see new GMs hired every season as teams game the system to lock up top talent with their 2nd round picks.

Publicize HO Votes - White Cornerback - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 02:36 PM)TheMemeMaestro Wrote:How we had to take him 1 or 2 OA instead of with a 2nd round pick or even the ability to trade down in the draft and still pick him in the 1st round. We talked about this in the NSFL GMs Discord, but it was never an official HO ruling

That was not an official ruling. Firstly you promised in the discord that you WOULD take Bly with your 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. I merely told you that it would likely be in the best interest of the Yeti to keep up the promise or risk blacklisting themselves from available trades with other NSFL teams. This was never an official ruling.I assured you that you were under no obligation to as the promise was not in a contract, just in your own words. "I'm taking him 1OA" which is clearly pinned in the NSFL GMs section.

This is why it never made the tracker, because it was never discussed by HO. Just between myself, you and other GM's. I hope this clears some confusion up.

Publicize HO Votes - Bzerkap - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 09:12 AM)Dermot Wrote:That was not an official ruling. Firstly you promised in the discord that you WOULD take Bly with your 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. I merely told you that it would likely be in the best interest of the Yeti to keep up the promise or risk blacklisting themselves from available trades with other NSFL teams. This was never an official ruling.I assured you that you were under no obligation to as the promise was not in a contract, just in your own words. "I'm taking him 1OA" which is clearly pinned in the NSFL GMs section.

This is why it never made the tracker, because it was never discussed by HO. Just between myself, you and other GM's. I hope this clears some confusion up.
Yea that's what I meant

Publicize HO Votes - TheMemeMaestro - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 08:12 AM)Dermot Wrote:That was not an official ruling. Firstly you promised in the discord that you WOULD take Bly with your 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. I merely told you that it would likely be in the best interest of the Yeti to keep up the promise or risk blacklisting themselves from available trades with other NSFL teams. This was never an official ruling.I assured you that you were under no obligation to as the promise was not in a contract, just in your own words. "I'm taking him 1OA" which is clearly pinned in the NSFL GMs section.

Exactly, i said at the end of my statement there "It wasn't an official HO ruling" i am fine with it, dont want to anger more people.

(12-01-2017, 09:12 AM)Dermot Wrote:That was not an official ruling.

I believe that you believe that. But here's the thing. This is the SECOND time a team has declared a GM not on their roster (the other being PHI pre S2), and the rules SHOULD make clear that it is not sanctioned. What's frustrating about this is that I agree with the decision, but am still floored at how anyone in HO could be involved in a situation with league-precedent implications and NOT think "maybe we should talk about this."

Basically, if HO meddles in some shit, tell us about it.

Publicize HO Votes - Bzerkap - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 03:00 PM)kckolbe Wrote:I believe that you believe that.  But here's the thing.  This is the SECOND time a team has declared a GM not on their roster (the other being PHI pre S2), and the rules SHOULD make clear that it is not sanctioned.  What's frustrating about this is that I agree with the decision, but am still floored at how anyone in HO could be involved in a situation with league-precedent implications and NOT think "maybe we should talk about this."

They didnt meddle in it though

Publicize HO Votes - Oles - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 05:00 PM)kckolbe Wrote:I believe that you believe that.  But here's the thing.  This is the SECOND time a team has declared a GM not on their roster (the other being PHI pre S2), and the rules SHOULD make clear that it is not sanctioned.  What's frustrating about this is that I agree with the decision, but am still floored at how anyone in HO could be involved in a situation with league-precedent implications and NOT think "maybe we should talk about this."

To add on, Philly declared their first round pick would be used on Fox, so we do already have that precedent where a new gm that would be highly coveted otherwise should be with a first round pick

(12-01-2017, 03:28 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:They didnt meddle in it though

The commissioner was involved.