International Simulation Football League
HR Department? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: HR Department? (/showthread.php?tid=7248)

Pages: 1 2

HR Department? - speculadora - 01-30-2018

to piggyback a little bit on what automatic mentioned, a sort of R&D team sounds like a good idea if that sort of thing falls outside the scope of HO responsibilities. A group that hears suggestions or comes up with their own and then presents those ideas in a thorough, logical way with their own recommendations seems like it would only be helpful. Ultimately the rulings would probably be left up to HO, but it would sort of be like adding a legislative branch to the existing executive one. this assumes that this is something HO doesn't already do, of course, and I really don't have the knowledge to make that assumption

HR Department? - ExemplaryChad - 01-30-2018

See, this is why I said it might be difficult to figure out exactly what the role of NSFL HR is at first. Dealing with onsite bullying is something that, I think, we could use. Maybe Jiggly has brought this up because I've seen him bullied more than just about anyone else here. Maybe it's not about that at all. Regardless, just about every place on the internet could use some adult mediation to make it a friendlier place.

The fact that not many people have complained recently about treatment by the community is great! It's what we should aspire to all the time. Do we honestly think that none of the interactions on here, especially during all that controversy stuff that's not that far in the rear view, wouldn't drive some otherwise interested people away? Do we not think that most people, instead of bothering to complain to HO, would just leave? For every incident that gets reported, I think it's uncontroversial to say there are more that don't.

This isn't about witch hunting or sanitizing or being overly PC. It's just about keeping it a pleasant community before more problems arise. I think Jiggly is right on in bringing this up now, when we don't have much bullshit happening. But it's important to recognize that more bullshit will happen, and won't it be better to have something in place already to deal with it than to try and figure it out then?

And like I said before, this position probably won't be limited to peer mediation type stuff. There are other functions that could be performed to make the site better. Whether it's Jiggly's vision, or mine, or someone else's, it could very well be worthwhile to have a position like this.

HR Department? - manicmav36 - 01-30-2018

(01-30-2018, 01:36 PM)Supersquare04 Wrote:What you described is not what jiggly described.  As Slm pointed out no one on this site complains about other people except for jiggly.  It sounds like free money because no one will be contacting them, jiggly will be getting money for doing literally nothing because there is no 'bullying' that goes on the site.  "someone who is willing to spend time to improve the league is seen as a moocher?"  Yes, jiggly won't be improving the league at all and getting paid for it.

It might be sunshine and daisies now, but all it takes is one user to change the attitude of this site. It's happened once, it could easily happen again. Besides, how is one person able to state, unequivocally, that there in no bullying on this site?

I do think the position responsibilities would need some tweaking though as I expect there would be stretches of time with nothing at all to do.

HR Department? - Jiggly_333 - 01-30-2018

Thank you to the people supporting the instatement of this “team”.

It was definitely my intention to have this be an ever changing position. While it’s main focus will be for the well-being of members on the site, in “peace-time” it would be absolutely a great idea for the group to switch over to being an R&D squad.

And if people are worrying about “wasting money”, first: NSFL Ca$h isn’t backed by anything. It’s worthless. Second: I actually suggested the possibility of it being an unpaid position. Like a few positions were in the past. But I’d hope that we would constantly be working on figuring out ways to help improve the site when not handling a crisis.

And to slm, the reason why only one person has reached out to you is because the position of HO is vague. How would a new user know that they’re supposed to contact the heads of the site about issues. And sure, maybe only an idiot would get confused by that, but maybe it’s a minor thing and they don’t want to bother “important people” with it. I want to make sure there’s a chsnnel for small shit. I’ve handled a couple of these situations myself already and now I want to be able to have a platform where people know they can go to someone for this stuff.