International Simulation Football League
*In Favor of Draft Questionnaires - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *In Favor of Draft Questionnaires (/showthread.php?tid=8833)

Pages: 1 2 3

*In Favor of Draft Questionnaires - ExemplaryChad - 05-25-2018

(05-25-2018, 08:16 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:We should have one thread with a set of questions all GMs have agreed upon and post it for all prospects to fill out. That way you still get your basic questions handled, but the prospect doesn't end up answering a bunch of the same questions 8 times.

I'd be in favor of this, so long as prospects knew where to go and what to do. I only noticed after I was drafted that teams had prospect questions in their team forums.

This would also help teams not look like scumbags when they sent out questionnaires. Everyone has access to the information without having to be the dick who asks the questions.

(05-25-2018, 08:08 AM)Durden Wrote:If someone is drafting me, I want it to be personal.

I suppose if I was semi-active, I wouldn't care about doing an interested prospect thread or a questionnaire, but if I'm a high pick, you better talk to me. As seen in this last draft.

Of course, everyone wants to be contacted personally at some point. But do you object to a questionnaire being the first step in kicking off the process? Is that still a turn off for you, even if more communication is incoming?

*In Favor of Draft Questionnaires - AzhekAhriman - 05-25-2018

If you are a high pick and the team doesn't talk to you then that's a failing. But I would also expect to get a questionnaire along with that. The truth of this matter I think is that it differs based on prospect and system. I extensively utilized questionnaires as step 1 of scouting in the DSFL in large part because there is even less knowledge about the creates. But for example I know Molarpistols pretty decently so when I scout his recreate I probably would not have used a questionnaire if I was still GM

*In Favor of Draft Questionnaires - run_CMC - 05-25-2018

too many big words, didn’t read

Kidding of course. Really great article. I personally think questionaires can be done fine when it’s a mix of general questions that apply to everybody, and some questions tailored to the individual you’re contacting.

I also found that Discord was a good way to contact prospects (those prospects who use it at least). As long as you lead with a fleshed-out message (more than just a single sentence), it’s easy to keep the conversation productive and informative, while not being excessively formal.

Edit cause I just thought of something else: for anyone insulted that a GM doesn’t know them from other league(s) where they’re very active... please consider that there are people like myself who are active solely in the NSFL

*In Favor of Draft Questionnaires - timeconsumer - 05-25-2018

(05-25-2018, 09:43 AM)ExemplaryChad Wrote:I'd be in favor of this, so long as prospects knew where to go and what to do.

Make it worth 3 TPE.

*In Favor of Draft Questionnaires - Roly - 05-25-2018

First, really great article. Love reading something about the draft that is pretty unique, and it's definitely a decisive issue (although a more fun decisive issue).

I also like the idea of a single forum questionnaire and then letting teams do more personal conversations as their scouting.

But in general, like Run said, I think having a set of questions you want answered heading into a scouting conversation is good and that doesn't necessarily mean you need it to be formatted like a template questionnaire. It's all about customization to the individual - and the informality of Discord.

(05-25-2018, 08:53 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:Make it worth 3 TPE.

Love this idea. Nice little boost to the new players who want it while providing something valuable for teams? Yes, please.

*In Favor of Draft Questionnaires - Durden - 05-25-2018

(05-25-2018, 08:44 AM)ExemplaryChad Wrote:Of course, everyone wants to be contacted personally at some point. But do you object to a questionnaire being the first step in kicking off the process? Is that still a turn off for you, even if more communication is incoming?

Do GMs truly USE it?

Or is it a simple 'oh, they're active'.

Depends on the questions. I think it's great for first-timers, but vets get kinda tired of them, IMO.

I wouldn't object. But if it's like... 30 questions I'm out.

I also dislike google forms because I don't want you weirdos to have my email address. Y'all know enough about me as it is.

*In Favor of Draft Questionnaires - Supersquare04 - 05-25-2018

(05-25-2018, 09:29 AM)Durden Wrote:Do GMs truly USE it?

Depends on the questions. I think it's great for first-timers, but vets get kinda tired of them, IMO.

I wouldn't object. But if it's like... 30 questions I'm out.

I also dislike google forms because I don't want you weirdos to have my email address. Y'all know enough about me as it is.

Yes we actually use it

(05-25-2018, 09:29 AM)Durden Wrote:Do GMs truly USE it?

I know I used it a lot (though not a GM). I got some really good, specific information from some people, and the rest it gave me a good idea of where to position them on the board for locker room fit, predicted activity, etc.