International Simulation Football League
(S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal (/showthread.php?tid=28032)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - bex - 12-06-2020

Change is inevitable. Nothing can exist in the same state forever. As Marcella Toriki looks at the new season, she can feel things changing around her. While she's enjoyed being part of one of the best running back duos on the league, one cannot help but notice that both her and RBBC partner Forrest Gump aren't exactly spring chickens anymore. No, the team has Mike Rotchburns as a recent call up, and another young running back in development. Season 26 brings with it the knowledge that her time is short, as she prepares for her eventual step away from New Orleans. Soon enough, she will need to make way for the next great NOLA RB duo, and move on to other ventures. But there are some things that will not change for Toriki this season. She will not change her determination to be the very best that she can be on the field. Nothing can change her drive, nor her love for her teammates. She's been part of the NOLA family for seasons now, and even when she moves on, that family is forever. And while it will change eventually, for now, she also gets to know that she will be able to live on in NOLA with her name plastered across the NOLA team records.

Code:
216 Words

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - frazzle14 - 12-06-2020

A lot has changed for Yeboah since he last took the field. He’s played his last game for the Kansas City Coyotes after two great seasons as he was called up to the ISFL by the Baltimore Hawks.

He’s been called up with a couple of others to join a very good Hawks team. Yeboah has improved a lot over the offseason after hitting his DSFL cap early in his 2nd season. He was able to massively improve on his speed aswell as his hands and intelligence. Yeboah will be going to the Hawks as the starting strong safety. He is hoping to continue his strong play, especially the amount of sacks he has been producing, after being the co-leader in sacks his 2nd DSFL season.

The Hawks have brought a strong team into the new season. They have a few strong call ups as well as two big free agent signings, possible future hall of famers in Hanyadi and Lavelle Jr. They also have the QB with the highest TPE total in Chika Fujiwara.

After missing out on the playoffs last season, the Hawks definitely feel like they’ve got a good chance at making the playoffs with the team they have. Yeboah will be delighted if they make the playoffs after missing out both of his seasons with the Coyotes.

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - ComebackZak - 12-06-2020

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - SwankyPants31 - 12-06-2020

The upcoming season is going to be interesting for the Tijuana Luchadores. After riding a defense that was made up of mostly send downs and two highly drafted rookies to an Ultimini victory in the previous season, the Luchadores found a lot of talent drained due to call ups. The offense in particular lost starting quarterback Mike Boss Jr., starting running back Bronko Mills, and starting tackle Adam Mellot, along with two of three wide receivers activity dropping off in the prior season. The Luchadores responded in the offseason by focusing almost entirely on offense in the draft. The result is a large set of fresh faces representing Tijuana. Most exciting to me personally, is with the new quarterback Boo Tee we’ll be running a completely fresh offense not only in terms of players, but also in terms of strategy. Since I first arrived in Tijuana during S21 we’ve been mostly reliant on pocket passers at the quarterback position, beginning with Ben Slothlisberger and continuing with the previously mentioned Mike Boss Jr. Boo is coming in as a game manager quarterback focusing on speed first, which is something we haven’t experimented with recently and is more in line with the “typical” quarterback at the ISFL level. All in all, a lot of our performance this season is going to be based on our ability to stay active and earn to work for a late season push, but I’m excited to see what we can scheme up with a completely revamped offense.

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - MrStennett - 12-06-2020

SHL PT Affiliation

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - moonlight - 12-06-2020

PBE PT

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 12-06-2020

The excitement that I felt walking off of the field, Ultimini champion, is unlike anything I’ve had in my life up to this point. It’s an incredible professional accomplishment, and I will cherish it for the rest of my life. I couldn’t have asked for a better ending to my DSFL career before embarking this week on my new life as an ISFL starting QB for Sarasota. Things are way different in the big leagues, and it even starts with training camp. They have guys that know what type of car I drive so the moment they saw me arrive in the parking lot, the attendant asked me to get out of the car and some kid took my vehicle and parked it for me. The food spread is amazing before practice and before scrimmages, catered by the best restaurants in the area. We have the most interesting cheerleaders in the entire league—a lot more promising than the ones we had in Tijuana. Being surrounded by veterans who have been playing this game at a high level for several seasons now has been an inspiration. My teammates are pushing me to learn more, to be better and that’s my goal each day. I want to keep getting better at my craft and become the quarterback that this franchise thinks I can be. [223 words]

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - pauadrian - 12-06-2020

Well, Tom Teboat's sophomore season with the Norfolk Seawolves is officially underway. Last season was a pretty disastrous one. At least I would consider it so, we did not get many wins and to be honest my stats were not very hopeful. I know Norfolk is currently at a rebuilding phase with the team and that is completely fine to me. I am obviously just like my teammates hoping for a much better season this time around. Might be too much to ask but I would like to finish on at least equal wins to losses. Tom Teboat has improved throughout his rookie season. After being snubbed by Tijuana Luchadores Tom Teboat is out to prove a point this season as he has already reached his 250 TPE cap as a Tight End. He has also been drafted in the second round by the Arizona Outlaws. He is also out to show that Arizona have not made a mistake in picking him up this high on the draft board. My personal wishes for my player are that Tom Teboat can reach Tight End Of The Year award after not even being nominated in his rookie season. He has the speed now and strength to be both an offensive and blocking threat for Norfolk and will be looking to mentor the newly drafted Tight End for Norfolk as well, some dude from Iceland

(232 words)

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - iStegosauruz - 12-06-2020

This offseason was an interesting one for the Austin Copperheads. Going into it we really expected it to be a slow offseason - we thought we were heading into a down season because of the regression of Easton Cole and the loss of Dermot Lavelle Jr., however we ended up in play for some of the top free agents which would have opened our window a season earlier than we expected. With that in mind we traded for Brach Thomaslacher in an attempt to signal to free agents that we were prepping for an attempt at competing this season. That acquisition combined with the development of what was already a very young team we thought would launch us into contention. Although we missed out on all the major free agents the acquisition of Thomaslacher combined with the arrival of Quigley to the pros and the drafting of Slurms McKenzie have set us up for a potential surprise run. If the San Jose Sabercats have showed the league anything in the last few seasons its that being the best team in the regular season doesn't always correlate to winning in the playoffs. Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen and I think the Copperheads are set up for a surprise run if we manage to sneak into the playoffs.

RE: (S26) - PT 1 - Keep the Change You Filthy Animal - xenosthelegend - 12-06-2020

The offseason was not a quiet one for the Philadelphia Liberty. It started when the third highest TPE CB in the league was traded and not given any kind of a send off in the locker room. The CB then made a media post about this, and opted out of their contract so that the Liberty would get nothing out of this. Then came the resignation of our GM. Brock Phoenix is entering regression, so we ended up drafting a new QB in the first round. As of right now we have no season 26 call ups this season. The Liberty did not load up on new weapons in free agency, fortunately there is a chance for something many seasons down the line. We have many great earners from season 25, six of which are above 500 TPE, with one above 550.  As for Jake Fencik, he did ok in the offseason. He spent the majority of it working on his kick power, and being able to prove to his Special Teams coordinator that he can attempt field goals from beyond the 30 yard line. This season is not expected to be much from the Philadelphia Liberty, I personally expect us to be the worst team in the ISFL this season, but a few seasons down the road, I expect my thoughts about where this team is to be different.