International Simulation Football League
The NSFL and It's Biggest Current Issue - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: The NSFL and It's Biggest Current Issue (/showthread.php?tid=11534)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The NSFL and It's Biggest Current Issue - majesiu - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 05:57 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:Player agents?

Yes please, media is so dry recently without them

The NSFL and It's Biggest Current Issue - manicmav36 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 11:57 AM)ErMurazor Wrote:Player agents?

Great idea in theory, but what's to stop an agent from funneling all their players to one team? Hard to keep everyone honest.

The NSFL and It's Biggest Current Issue - ErMurazor - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:13 AM)manicmav36 Wrote:Great idea in theory, but what's to stop an agent from funneling all their players to one team? Hard to keep everyone honest.

Only GMs can be agents and they can only represent players NOT on their team....

(01-10-2019, 04:52 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:Only GMs can be agents and they can only represent players NOT on their team....

Does that mean they would never be allowed to join the team of their agent?

The NSFL and It's Biggest Current Issue - ErMurazor - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 01:54 PM)manicmav36 Wrote:Does that mean they would never be allowed to join the team of their agent?

I guess so.

The NSFL and It's Biggest Current Issue - Beaver - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:59 AM)AdamS Wrote:what we could really use....and have for a while imo...is an actual neutral party to act as a counterbalance to HO. We tried it once for about 5 seconds but then the person became a GM and essentially the entire idea was ruined. An independent arbiter. Someone players can feel comfortable going to who's gonna put the issues over the team or the HO or the "shield" as it were. Someone independent of HO or GMs.
Me.

(01-10-2019, 03:59 AM)AdamS Wrote:Now dont kid yourself....95% of the time what would happen is this person just ending up at the same place HO does. It's not about "ho is wrong burn everything i hate all of you ". It wouldn't be that.
Wrong. HO sux and I'd rule against them 95% of the time.

(01-10-2019, 03:59 AM)AdamS Wrote:it'd be someone who mostly just sits there
I am over qualified for this position.

(01-10-2019, 03:59 AM)AdamS Wrote:and makes sure shit is actually being dealt with. But it owuld make people feel a fuckload better about what's going on.
Ok maybe not.

The NSFL and It's Biggest Current Issue - kckolbe - 01-10-2019

What really annoys me about this is how old a complaint it is. People are always saying to not go public first, but HO is so damn afraid of accountability that they go out of their way to keep secrets that would be so minor if THEY were the ones going public.

Biggest example is the TO complaint I made. Had anyone in HO made an announcement saying that there was a report, and TO had said some stupid but ultimately harmless things, and had been talked to, but that punishment was deemed unnecessary, it would have been one thread of shitposting followed by a complete non-issue. However, since they didn't do it, I felt they were trying to hide it, so I went after them, which started this huge fucking campaign that went off the rails and led to me genuinely considering leaving the site again.

In short, HO expects trust they have never earned, and continues to offer nothing to garner goodwill. Even the appeals team is just appointed by them. Could they really not tolerate ONE member of the appeals team being voted by the league? Come on, HO, make a fucking effort.

The NSFL and It's Biggest Current Issue - AdamS - 01-10-2019

Appeals team being voted by players would be good I think.

The NSFL and It's Biggest Current Issue - YoungTB - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:59 AM)AdamS Wrote:what we could really use....and have for a while imo...is an actual neutral party to act as a counterbalance to HO. We tried it once for about 5 seconds but then the person became a GM and essentially the entire idea was ruined. An independent arbiter. Someone players can feel comfortable going to who's gonna put the issues over the team or the HO or the "shield" as it were. Someone independent of HO or GMs.

Now dont kid yourself....95% of the time what would happen is this person just ending up at the same place HO does. It's not about "ho is wrong burn everything i hate all of you ". It wouldn't be that. it'd be someone who mostly just sits there and makes sure shit is actually being dealt with. But it owuld make people feel a fuckload better about what's going on. there's a reaosn that a prior HO actualy tried to implement it to begin with. People outside are basically told to trust the process because the process takes time. And effort. And preferably someone who understands that if several are wrong because they're under instead of over...THAT'S. STILL. WRONG. DUH.

Obviously a lot of details would need to be ironed out including how to choose said person and how to actually go about any of it but I'm just throwing potential ideas out there.

NSFLPA

(01-10-2019, 04:58 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:I guess so.

Innnnnteresting.