International Simulation Football League
S17 W1 Resim - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Head Office Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=230)
+---- Thread: S17 W1 Resim (/showthread.php?tid=15245)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

S17 W1 Resim - Raven - 08-28-2019

(08-28-2019, 02:02 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:This is completely untrue. Your GM demanded a re-sim in GM chat in a long winded rant.

Share logs for transparency :eyes:

S17 W1 Resim - majesiu - 08-28-2019

(08-28-2019, 01:02 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:This is completely untrue. Your GM demanded a re-sim in GM chat in a long winded rant.

Damn, and I was making a post backpedaling what I said earlier and apologizing for baseless accusations...

(08-28-2019, 01:06 PM)Raven Wrote:Share logs for transparency :eyes:

Hey, that's my shtick

S17 W1 Resim - iamslm22 - 08-28-2019

If Austin doesn't want a re-sim there's a simple solution. We still have the original week 1 file - we should just go back to that.

Re-sims are almost never the answer unless someone cheated or broke the rules.

S17 W1 Resim - JKortesi81 - 08-28-2019

(08-28-2019, 07:02 AM)iamslm22 Wrote:This is completely untrue. Your GM demanded a re-sim in GM chat in a long winded rant.

THIS is completely untrue. Adams rant was about demanding an apology. Don’t throw him under the bus in this public forum so everyone can shit on him when he never once asked for that resim. Adam asked for an apology and that we restructure how we do offseason tasks with the sim file because how it works now is stupid and doesn’t allow for ways to prevent things like this. Other GMs have agreed.

For clarity, I asked for that resim because it wasn’t fair that many of our best players just had their major updates ignored. It’s bad enough that we had to go 0-13 but now we aren’t getting our guys updated too? That’s not fair.

And come to find out it isn’t just Austin that’s wrong. Chicago and New Orleans both seem to have mistakes. I’m willing to bet there’s more out there as well when we look at them.

So I’m sorry if people’s stats change but you got those stats in an incomplete file it seems, so they may not be legit anyway.

I think the correct course of action at this point is to make sure that everyone is correct in the sim. People work hard to build thier players for large offseason updates to be ignored. Perhaps we get everyone right, like they should’ve been, and start fresh.

But no, Adam did NOT rant about a re-sim. Don’t come at him with that when that’s a lie.

S17 W1 Resim - Raven - 08-28-2019

Out of morbid curiosity how many resims did it take before you got all other teams to win their respective games?

S17 W1 Resim - majesiu - 08-28-2019

(08-28-2019, 01:29 PM)JKortesi81 Wrote:THIS is completely untrue. Adams rant was about demanding an apology. Don’t throw him under the bus in this public forum so everyone can shit on him when he never once asked for that resim. Adam asked for an apology and that we restructure how we do offseason tasks with the sim file because how it works now is stupid and doesn’t allow for ways to prevent things like this. Other GMs have agreed.

For clarity, I asked for that resim because it wasn’t fair that many of our best players just had their major updates ignored. It’s bad enough that we had to go 0-13 but now we aren’t getting our guys updated too? That’s not fair.

And come to find out it isn’t just Austin that’s wrong. Chicago and New Orleans both seem to have mistakes. I’m willing to bet there’s more out there as well when we look at them.

So I’m sorry if people’s stats change but you got those stats in an incomplete file it seems, so they may not be legit anyway.

I think the correct course of action at this point is to make sure that everyone is correct in the sim. People work hard to build thier players for large offseason updates to be ignored. Perhaps we get everyone right, like they should’ve been, and start fresh.

But no, Adam did NOT rant about a re-sim. Don’t come at him with that when that’s a lie.

Ok I'll come at you instead if it was your doing to demand resim it's still clearly Austin management pushing for it and not HO own doing like dizzy presented it.

And yeah even more mistakes are coming up, so we should do another resim? What if we discover some on Saturday, go back and resim whole week again? It's slippery slope and last time it happened because of sim error and was necessary to have season go on as planned, this time it was too fix players attribute, much less of necessarily thing.

S17 W1 Resim - dizzyDC - 08-28-2019

(08-28-2019, 07:02 AM)iamslm22 Wrote:This is completely untrue. Your GM demanded a re-sim in GM chat in a long winded rant.

It's not completely untrue... in our LR we discussed how a resim would be bad. We can't see GM chat so again... wrong.

S17 W1 Resim - iamslm22 - 08-28-2019

(08-28-2019, 08:29 AM)JKortesi81 Wrote:THIS is completely untrue. Adams rant was about demanding an apology. Don’t throw him under the bus in this public forum so everyone can shit on him when he never once asked for that resim. Adam asked for an apology and that we restructure how we do offseason tasks with the sim file because how it works now is stupid and doesn’t allow for ways to prevent things like this. Other GMs have agreed.

Adam Ranted a long rant and YOU demanded a re-sim lol. I didn't mention Adam by name. You were the one who demanded a re-sim

(08-28-2019, 07:49 AM)majesiu Wrote:Ok I'll come at you instead if it was your doing to demand resim it's still clearly Austin management pushing for it and not HO own doing like dizzy presented it.

And yeah even more mistakes are coming up, so we should do another resim? What if we discover some on Saturday, go back and resim whole week again? It's slippery slope and last time it happened because of sim error and was necessary to have season go on as planned, this time it was too fix players attribute, much less of necessarily thing.

That’s fine.

I didn’t come in guns a blazin’ demanding anything. My players noticed the errors and brought it to my attention. I did what any GM would do and brought it to HO’s attention with the request of a resim, because it didn’t feel fair. After that, I left it to them to discuss. I wasn’t demanding or hounding it anything. I didn’t even bother them until they came to me later on with what they decided.

I’m more concerned with how so many mistakes were made and I’d rather everything be right. There’s nothing wrong with that expectation.

I agree with the slippery slope it presents. You aren’t wrong. For this mistake I think it makes sense considering it’s affected more than one team at this point and it was a large number of TPE.

I will disagree with you on the point of players attributes being correct not being necessary. This whole league is a bunch of players working hard to increase their attributes. So it should matter, at least when it’s to a large degree on how they were off.

(08-28-2019, 08:01 AM)iamslm22 Wrote:Adam Ranted a long rant and YOU demanded a re-sim lol. I didn't mention Adam by name. You were the one who demanded a re-sim

Your ignorance on this subject is astounding. Please don’t speak when you aren’t sure what you’re talking about.

You’re just causing anger in others at us that shouldn’t be there.

As stated above, I didn’t demand a thing. I presented the issues to HO and asked. And that was all. No demands. No complaining. No arguing. I calmly said there were mistakes, showed them the missing TPE we found, and asked if there could be one.