International Simulation Football League
S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! (/showthread.php?tid=16348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - majesiu - 11-12-2019

0. PBE Affiliation

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:
Written: Give a short write up of one or multiple playoff matches. If completed before the airing of the sims have predictions, after if it is a review of the game.

Since we are past Wild Cards & Conference finals this will be mix of review of previous rounds and predictions for the Ultimus. Unsurprising to everyone the defending champions Orange County Otters will play against one of the best teams ever assembled in Juggernaut Yellowknife Wraiths that won 11 straight during regular season. Both teams had BYE in Wild Card series, as they won their respective conferences. In the meantime Hawks dispatched the Yeti in 31-0 shutout and Austin in their first postseason rodeo made it close, but fell to the favored Outlaws 26-33.
In the NSFC it looked like a potential upset after first half with Hawks leading 14-6, but it was all Wraiths in second half where they outscored their opponents 23-0. ASFC was closer and hard fought battle where Andrew Reese was player of the game despite losing effort, as he thrown over 300 yards with no picks and single TD, Otters however responded with balanced running game, which was enough for 3 TD to set the score at 21-16.
The anticipated final makes me wonder what kind of magic the king of playoffs otters will pull of this time, since they'll enter as underdogs, but somehow it's hard to see them as such, as they won so many titles, never missing postseason either. (217)

5) Stupid Tiebreaker!
Written: Got screwed by the tiebreaker into making the playoffs of getting a bye? Write about what happened and what it should have been as a tiebreaker?
I still have no clue why it was Yeti instead of Buthers playing in wild card spot, since the latter had both better point differential and scored more points. I guess something to deal with conference record, which seems weird at best, but oh well, potato sim strikes again. Instead let's focus on real victim which is NOLA missing the playoff the 7th straight year in the row. Let's find tiebreakers that would award this persecuted franchise a spot in the playoffs:
- reversed standings - duh, winning is too easy as apparent by Otters going into postseason every year, so let's see if they'd be able to do that if bottom 2 made it instead of top 3
- points against - defence wins championships so standings would look like this if this was determining factor:
1. Orange County Otters 233
2. Arizona Outlaws 291
3. New Orleans Second Line 327
4. San Jose SaberCats 338
5. Austin Copperheads 390
Seems just perfect, doesn't it?
Ok, that's harder than I thought, since other options don't look so good, of course wins are no good, neither are points for, point differential, home record or even away combined with conference/division shenanigans. I got another one, which would be really practical to promote activity since the losing streaks often discourage people so instead let's award the team with longest one at the season conclusion with automatic Ultimus seeding. (233)

7) Next year
Written: If your team has been eliminated, why will the next year, or the year after that, be the year that your team is going to win the Ultimus or Ultimini.
I'd say this much that it's not fun to write next year prompt for 7th straight season, as this is the length of New Orleans Second Line drought, which would suggest looking at franchise history that another rebrand might be needed, but thankfully signs of improvement are already showing despite dreadful 6 loses in a row to end the season. The positive signs are that team is still really young, but this time the young guns are slowly turning into studs and the old guard is not relied upon at all, with Harrison playing his last snaps and Fyodo preparing for #4 WR role in his final year. Only Lo Rax should remain more than role player at DE. Swift, Francisco & Jones are entering their prime and defense will be once again a tier better with linebacker core close to the historical levels, cornerbacks are vastly improved too, though team could use some more safeties. OL tackles are secret weapon that hopefully will all other mentioned players will be enough to end this dreaded drought, that Fyodo really hopes to break in his final moments in the league. GMs are also a year more experienced, team has gelled and the team conviction is as good as ever that we are trending in the right directions and that S19 will be truly ours. (223)

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Murtsi - 11-12-2019

So here we (or I use this loosely as I was not part of the team the last few seasons because I am a rookie) were again, a conference championship game and where there had been what seemed like a curse against Yellowknife and facing off against our rival the Baltimore Hawks! The game started out with the defense of both teams doing well, getting to the quarterbacks and making Yellowknife only settle for field goals. Havran was sacked twice and intercepted once in the first quarter but these did not lead to any points. On the other side Bigsby had a costly interception before the end of the quarter and the Hawks capitalised by putting 7 points on the board. The second quarter was much of the same with teams trading punts and the only action was one good drive by Baltimore which put them in the lead 14-6 going into half-time. In the third quarter Yellowknife was able to capitalize on a Havran interception with a touchdown and added a field goal to put them up 15-14 with one tense quarter of action to go. The fourth quarter was all about the Wraiths defense, with rookie Virtanen sacking Havran on the first play of the quarter. Havran was intercepted twice during the fourth quarter, with one of them returned to the one yard line (and a follow up touchdown) and the other being a pick six. With the dominance of the Wraiths defense, they were able to shut out the Hawks offense in the final quarter and come away with a 29-14 win and move on to the Ultimus

12) Sit-down with a star, AJ Lattimer @TeyonSchavari

Q: So here you are after quite an amazing game and win against the Outlaws in the ASFC Championship games, what are your feelings and the feeling inside the locker room?

A: The adrenaline is still flowing from that game. The Outlaws are a great team and we knew it'd be close coming in. That game had me as anxious as I've ever been since coming into the league, and I'm glad we were able to come out with the win. The locker room went wild after a win like that, we're hyped to be in the Ultimus again and we all are excited for a shot to bring the trophy home for the second year in a row. Really fun win

Q: The Otters are unsurprisingly or maybe surprisingly in the Ultimus for the second straight year. Now up against the Yellowknife Wraiths, what are your thoughts on what the Otters need to do to win and what scares you the most on the Wraiths?

A: I'm excited to play against the Wraiths. This year its the two best teams going head to head so it will be a hard fought game. The Wraiths have the spookiest defense in the league, and for us to win we're going to have to take advantage of every opportunity and keep the ball out of their hands. Cooter and their offense can't be ignored either, so we have to work hard to make stops and try to force turnovers to give our offense the best chance to succeed.

Q: Talking about defense, you have recently switched over to cornerback when you previously were working down in the trenches as a defensive tackle. What were the reasons behind the decision and do you think it has helped the Otters?

A: There are many reasons, but the main one was I didn't feel that I was making a big enough impact for my team. Along with this, Showbiz is on his way out of the league and the rookies really needed a veteran presence in a defensive back. I felt that it was the best way to help the team as we have good pieces on the defensive line but were missing something at corner. I do think it has helped the otters - Thor is still holding down the defensive line, Lanzer is leading the linebackers, and now I can be the lockdown defender we needed in the defensive backfield. I'm happy with my decision and I believe the team has benefited as well

Q: Well that does sound like a good outcome for everyone on the team! Now final question, if there are any young Lattimer fans out there who might read this, and are looking to become the next big thing, any tips for them?

A: All I can say is follow your dreams, and be open to change. Everyone is afraid of change, that is normal, but sometimes you need that change to better yourself. Whether it being changing your major in college, changing cities, or changing positions in football like I did, no matter how big or small push past that fear of the unknown and make whatever changes you need to be a better you. That is the key to success

13) Sit-down with a fan:

Interview with a fan

14) That Magic Moment

Even with the Ultimus still to come, I definitely think one play and one moment from the NSFC Conference Championship game between the Baltimore Hawks and the Yellowknife Wraiths will be remembered for a long time, especially over here in Canada. The game had been an absolute slugfest with two great defenses going at each other and score was 15-14 going into the final quarter. The Wraiths had been able to turn an interception into a touchdown with a Morgan Marshall run into the end zone. With only a slim margin between the teams, Yellowknife put themselves in a bad position with a personal foul that led to them punting the ball back to Baltimore. The Hawks started with the ball on their own 25 yard line. After an incompletion to Espeeyeeseetee, Havran dropped back to pass on second down, looking for his trusty veteran tight end Verso D’Alto to move the chains and thought he had an easy throw. That is when Giannis Kroustis stepped in and intercepted the ball, put on the burners and wheeled into the endzone. Havran The whole Yellowknife bench erupted and ran to congratulate him and the entire crowd was jumping up and down. With under 6 minutes left in the game and a two touchdown lead, the place was ready for a party. The play was the final nail in the coffin for Baltimore and Yellowknife would move on to the Ultimus

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Jiggly_333 - 11-12-2019

PBE PT

7) Next year
The Chicago Butchers have a very bright future ahead of them. It’s just hard to see, I guess. Rose Jenkins is still going into her prime and everything, so that’s something. There’s other things, maybe? There’s a lot of cap space and they have a lot of draft picks this year. I’m just not sure about how we’ll get there. I was GM and I don’t even know what my plan was. I don’t really know how I plan to continue. I’m just gonna keep doing my part and I think that sometime soon the Chicago Butchers will finally win.
This team of weebs has potential to have a great incubating locker room, but the problem is the weebs, I guess. I’m just not sure. The future is always hard to predict and something like this is especially murky when you consider the current pieces in place. There’s one possibly elite quality player surrounded by a lot of meh. If that meh can be upgraded, then this is a team for other NSFL teams to fear. It’s all about how they build. This draft is going to be a very important first step to that end and it should be exciting to see what they come up with for the next couple of seasons.

8) Draft Focus
I think pretty much everything needs to get fixed up. There’s a pretty damn good QB surrounded by a lot of trash. I can say that since I built up that trash. We need WRs to make that QB look better, we need a RB to make the offense an even bigger threat. All of the defensive linemen are inactive, much of the secondary is inactive.

The biggest thing that the Chicago Butchers need to do is to heal. They had big expectations and high hopes, but they crashed and burned horribly after all that capital they built up in the first couple of seasons didn’t hold up. It was a tower built with spare pieces of wood. They piled up some furniture, climbed up it and it just wasn’t stable enough to stay. This draft is a chance to start laying down real foundation. If you’ve ever seen a construction project, you need to dig a hole before you build a building. With some of these trades, we’ve been digging that hole. Now it’s time to get some real studs and pour the concrete. This draft is a chance for the Butchers to look so much better than they have the past couple of seasons, which is saying something since they’ve been in the playoff race still.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - TeyonSchavari - 11-12-2019

12) Sit down with a star (@`BaconBrother`):
As a rookie in the NSFL, how does it feel that you are already getting a shot at a championship so early in your career?

Man I feel really surprised and honored. During the draft I wasn’t expecting myself to fall down to the Wraiths, but being here is great. Having a shot at the greatest prize in the league in my first year just is absurd and is mostly thanks to the veterans around me. You never know if you get another opportunity like this and a shot at the title, so I am going to try and make the most of the opportunity I have gotten

You were able to make a huge impact for the Wraiths in the NSFC Championship game, racking up 5 tackles, 2 for a loss, a sack, and a forced fumble. Were you surprised that you did so well in your first ever playoff game?

Yes and no at the same time. It was definitely my best game of the season by far and I was surprised it came against the Hawks whose line had been good all season. On the other hand I have always loved playing in pressure situations and thrive when the lights are on so I guess it’s just a continuation of that and I am very happy that I was to play my best game when it mattered the most

How are you and the Wraiths as a team preparing for the Ultimus against the Otters? Are there certain weaknesses in their team that you feel you’ll be able to exploit?

We try to keep the preparations quite similar to what we have been doing before each game this season, I guess in a way to ensure that we dont let the occasion get in our heads and forget something that we definitely shouldn't. The Otters are a very good team and that is something our coaches are not letting us forget. We might have home field advantage and we need to use that to our advantage. Armstrong is a different quarterback to almost anyone we have faced this season with his ability to make plays with his legs and we need to limit that. I think if we are looking to exploit something on the Otters it will definitely be their young wide receiver group. We have an amazing linebacker group and secondary that has been doing great work all season and I think that is where we can look to create the biggest advantage as there is no clear veteran presence there and the occasion might be too big for them

You had a solid first season, racking up 6 sacks as a DE for Yellowknife. Are you happy with how you performed this season, and how would you like to improve for the next?

I think 6 sacks on the season has been a good results for me overall. Obviously I had been playing linebacker last season for the Coyotes and that is what I am looking to continue doing further on in my career. We had discussions before the season with the coaches and they felt that they needed help in the trenches this season and I could help there right away. There was some bulking up to be doing and learning a few tricks but I am really happy that I have been able to help the team and now we are here competing for the biggest prize in the sport. Looking on into the future, I would love to get back to my linebacker roots and really be there trying to rack up tackles and look to become one of the best linebackers in the business

13) Sit down with a fan:

Interview with a fan

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - SweetJamesJones - 11-12-2019

Place holda:

7) Next year
Written: If your team has been eliminated, why will the next year, or the year after that, be the year that your team is going to win the Ultimus or Ultimini.

- Unfortunately, during this past season, Myrtle Beach had a rough go at things. After changing cities and relocating, wins did not come easy for the Bucs. Offensively they were led by Sweet, Tyerucker, and our mobile quaterback, DTF. If things fair well for the bucs this offseason, we won't get folded and disbanded and if that i sthe case then I believe we have a strong case to make a push next year if we can patch some of the holes we have on the sqaaaaaaa. First and fpremost if we can find some defensive talent in the upcoming draft that will make an immediate impact and more than likely get us more Ws. After going 2-12 on the year with the defense, as well as our o-line being our biggest issues, I believe with smart pick ups among the o-line will give us an immediate boost. If DTF stays down for another season as well as Sweet and Tyerucker, that offense could be on track to being an offensive jugernaut and if that;s the case.... Watch the fucc out for the bucs this upcoming season, for yee have our sights set on the ultimate booty: The Ultimini, bihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

9) Enemies
Written: Not everyone loves each other, write 200 words on an opposing player or player in this year's playoffs about how they will struggle, why do you want them to lose? (Don't be too mean).

- As a great Canadian once said " I got enemies, got a lot of enemies". This statement holds true for us Bucs down here in Myrtle beach. Everyone loves to hate and it's easier to hate on said team, especially when they've had a down year. This year the Bucs seemed to be the team to hate; with our fluorescent green and purple jerseys and people even hated on the city we moved to. Well, we loved and still do love the hate so fucc all y'all haters cuz the bucs give no fuccs lemme tell ya. With that being said though, what could be called the budding of a rivalry was began. MB vs Norfolk or snorefolk as we like to refer to down here on the coast. I hope nothing but the worst happens for Norfolk and the wet dogs. Sweet ain't care too much for Andwhos either because as we all know..... Sweet is the superior. That is neither here nor there though at the moment. Despite dropping both games to the wet dogz this season, it still brought happy tears to the eyes of the booty taking Bucs because the wet dogs had just as bad of a season as we did. Misery loves company amirite?

17) Robbed
Written: Write about why your team was robbed from making the Playoffs, how did the sim screw you and why were you more deserving.

- Ahhhhhh so we must talk about the bull shit Sim God and the bull shit simulations he bestowed upon Sweet and the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers eh? I could go on and on about this bull shit Sim God and all his wrong doings towards us reavers down here along the coastal Carolinas. Where could I begin? Possibly with the twelve atrocious losses it handed us. All 12 of our ridiculous losses were earned in funky fashion. Several games we earned the most outlandish and off the wall penalties a team could earn. For instance, I, Sweet, had a 15 plus yard reception and on the same play I was called for a chop block... A fuccin chop block on a play that I had a reception... down the field! I mean come on, if that doesn't tell you something about how the Simulation God feels towards us, then I do not know what would. Along with several other mularkely esque plays, the sim god buttered us up with high hopes, to only steal most of our games from us. The sim God indeed Robbed us of our rightful spot in the playoffs this year and it brings me to tears just thinking of the stupidness we had to endure. So we, The Myrtle Beach Buccaneers were in fact robbed over the entire season of wins that should have been ours. We spit in the face of the sim God down here.

8) Draft Focus
Written: What areas of your team has the biggest holes that you are hoping get filled in the upcoming S19 draft? What round are you hoping it’s filled?

- Ahhhh the draft is looming and just around the corner and Da Bucs got some holes we need to fill. As noted in my first ultimini post, our main priority should either be o-line or any position on the defensive side of the ball in my honest opinion. We allowed a lot of overall offense against us this year and all those yards led to scores which led to blowouts that we were unfortunately on the receiving end of. While he have a couple of decent players on defense, we are still lacking in that department tremendously. With that being said thoooooo, we are also lacking in the offensive line department. DTF was sacked far too many times and was often left scrambling for his life throughout this past year. In turn this led to several INTs and just not enough time to huck and chuck it, rip it and run it, or to skeet it and yeet it which really hurt us since our skill players are all on the plus side of above average. If these needs can be seen to, the bucs have a big chance of making waves in the upcoming season.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - karl - 11-12-2019

Game 2 of the ASFC division had the second seed Arizona Outlaws against the third seed Austin Copperheads. Arizona entered this one as the favorite with a superior regular season record of 9-4-0 compared to the Copperheads 6-7-0. It didn't take look for the scoring to start in this one as Outlaws star running back Slim Shady ran in 10 yards for a touchdown inside the first 5 minutes. Austin would respond with a touchdown of their own just 4 minutes later. Arizona would reclaim their lead to exit the first quarter off a field goal with just 1:27 left. The second quarter was far more defensive as only the Outlaws would be able to put up any points, a lone field goal. Entering the second half Arizona was up 16-7 and looking to increase their lead. They would strike first again with another field goal. This time however the Copperheads would respond with a field goal of their own to reduce the lead back to 9 points. With under 2 minutes left in the quarter Arizona would finally get one in the end zone off a 24 yard pass to league veteran Kazimir Oles to increase their lead to 26-10 entering the fourth and final quarter. Austin would start the scoring early in the final frame with a quick touchdown just 1 minute in. Arizona would respond with yet another touchdown to erase that deficit. The copperheads were all but eliminated at this point, but would attempt to mount the improbable comeback with a field goal and touchdown to end the game. Sadly they'd come up short, losing to the Arizona Outlaws 33-26.

3) All about the QBs
One game left in the books for S18. The winner takes all Ultimus final between the Yellowknife Wraiths and the Orange County Otters. While the Wraiths do enter this one as the favorite given their 11-2-0 finish to the regular season, they best not sleep on the reigning champions who finished with a comparable record of 10-3-0. For the Otters we have Franklin Armstrong. The S15 draft selection is no stranger to post-season play as he played a pivotal role in the Otters championship win last season. At the other end we have Cooter Bigsby. The S14 draft selection has been lights out this season, but this will be his first taste of Ultimus finals play. Based on their play in the S18 regular season you have to believe Bigsby will play better. He led all quarterbacks in passing yards and touchdowns this season and more importantly he drastically outplayed Armstrong passing for nearly 1500 more yards and 13 more touchdowns. Considering Armstrong only threw for 18 touchdowns on the season that is a decisive edge for Bigsby. So far in post season play the edge however goes to Armstrong. His 425 yards and 3 touchdowns through 2 games is arguably better than Bigsby's 552 yards, 2 touchdowns and interception and the ratings agree as he averages a 97.7 rating over that time compared to Bigsby's 74.5. So who will play better in the most important game of the season? As much as it pains me to side with the Otters I think Armstrong will prove to be the better of the two in the final game due to his clutch play and overall success of the franchise.

7) Next year
Two seasons removed from being league champions, the Arizona Outlaws still possess a competitive roster more than capable of stringing together another run or two. Last season they lost to the eventual champions, the Orange County Otters, and this season they lost to them again. While the Otters enter the finals as the underdog to the Yellowknife Wraiths, it wouldn't be shock to see arguably the most successful franchise in the league win another. Back to the Outlaws though, they are still more than capable of hanging with these two teams. Their quarterback Andrew Reese is still on of the top earners in the league and over 1000TPE. Their defense is arguably one of the deepest in the league, led by several players both young and old that have proven to be strong consistent TPE earners including Raymond Vans, Leighton Lee and Ricardo Morris. One area where they were quite weak was downfield in the wide receiver position, but the additions of Kazimir Oles and Vinny Valentine these last few seasons have outstanding and given some much needed time for drafted talent such as Brock Landers and Saba Donut to grow. They loaded up this season and added a few extra weapons for the playoff push and although it didn't work out they didn't trade in the future for those pieces. This is a solid team that will be contending for the Ultimus for at least several more seasons so look out.

16) shl s50 cw claim

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - CLG Rampage - 11-12-2019

6) Our Time

We've already had one massive upset during the playoffs. San Antonio, with a rookie at QB, several superstar cornerbacks and safeties taken up to the NSFL and other key defensive pieces moving on as well. Let's be real here, everyone had the Luchadores penciled into the Ultimini finals, and why wouldn't they? They almost had a perfect season, they had a solid veteran QB in Avon Blocksdale Jr., they had a potent running back duo, they have a strong defensive unit, what more could you want during an Ultimini run? The Marshals were a decent team, yes, but they were the weakest team coming into the playoffs, or at least most people would think they were. The only reason they got in the playoffs in the first place is because Myrtle Beach was a dumpster fire this season so San Antonio had to take that spot. However, we made the most of that spot, upsetting the Ultimini favorites in the Luchadores in stunning fashion with a 78 yard run by yours truly and a good stop by our defense inside the 20 to put the game away. It was one of the most unlikely wins of the playoffs, and if we can take down Tijuana, then I don't think Portland is going to stop us either.

8) Draft Focus

This is gonna be a tough season for the Marshals. Lots of pieces are being called up to the NSFL, including several old stalwarts that have been the anchors of the team for several seasons now. Jim McMahon, now converted to a wide receiver, is likely going up to the NSFL this season. The potent duo of Ruff and Hanyadi are very much gone after this season. Several key defensive players may or may not be staying, all of that remains to be seen. So San Antonio is going to lose a lot of momentum going into next season. Obviously, the biggest need the team will have is at running back, because we don't have one. We technically have Max Vaz, but he's deader than disco and hasn't actually gotten TPE for a very long time. We need an option that will actually develop over the season. As long as we get someone to put in front of Vaz, I think we'll be ok and have some rushing success, at least. Linebacker is a desperate need for the team and one that I hope we attack early. We only have one LB of any value, with the rest at around 50 TPE. At cornerback we should be fine if Marston and Little don't get called up, but if they do its an even more dire situation that the linebackers. So right now, I see our biggest needs at CB, RB, and LB. I think we should go for LBs first if Marston and Little stay, otherwise we desperately need quality CBs.

14) That Magic Moment

I think we all know what I'm gonna say here. I know it, you know it, it's the play that broke the conference championship wide open and got one of the most improbable upsets of the season started. That 78 yard touchdown rush by yours truly. To put this into context, the longest run of my entire career was 37 yards. The longest run I had the entire season so far was a measly 17 yards. This was never supposed to happen. Hanyadi was never a long run type of guy, much to my disappointment. He was more a chunk run type running back, able to consistently get a couple yards on every play. Despite his rather impressive speed for the DSFL, he never was able to show it. Hanyadi was rather ineffective during the game before that point. He was okay, nothing spectacular and certainly not what you would want from your star running back during a key playoff game. But after a strong stop by our defense inside our 25 and a missed FG by Tijuana, Hanyadi had his shot. He got the ball, took it to the outside, and the rest was history. Hanyadi had managed to outrun the entire Tijuana defense, scoring the touchdown to tie the game and make the comeback a reality.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - C9Van - 11-12-2019

Written: Give a short write up of one or multiple playoff matches. If completed before the airing of the sims have predictions, after if it is a review of the game.

I was going to do underdog but this one works. The only game remaining is OCO vs YKW and I think that Yellowknife are the favourites going into this match. However, last season I actually predicted that they would win the championship under the analysis that they finished 7-6. It was just written in the stars! However, neither of them are the 100% confirmed for winning the finals record of 7-6. So I will once again just be picking the underdog to win the finals.

The Otters.

I personally think they will win because if you scroll up you can see how many trophies they have (It is 6 if you are lazy) They are successful as fuck and I do not see this stopping whatsoever. Yellowknife do have a pretty good team and I think this will be one of the closest finals we have ever had in the history of the league but when the smoke settles I think the Orange County Otters will steal it.

Also I personally think the max TPE earners are stronger than Yellowknife from what I do know about these teams and it is hard to bet against a couple of OCO's best players not showing up once again in a final.

[211 words]

3) All about the QBs
Written: Write 200 words on one of the QB matchups in this year's playoffs. What are you most excited to see (Or excited to have seen), who will play better (Or who played better), etc.

Of course I am going to talk about my QB Wolfie McDummy. This season has been a slightly rough but gradually improving season and this season he faced Austin's Quarter Back in the play-offs. Now whilst he did not have a good game this play-offs. I cannot really point to many that did for us since what could go wrong for us really did. Just overall painful but what can you do.

What I am excited to see is the upcoming seasons from him as whilst he has had a rocky start to his career with the Colorado Yeti he is one of the top earners in our draft class and he has finally hit the TPE that he needed in the right categories to be quite a monster in future seasons from now on. This will be great for the Yeti as now going forward we really should be able to put consistent points onto the scoreboard and he now has multiple options he can throw too!

Credit to the Austin QB for proving how good he already is. It is hard to argue against him not going on to have a really good career too but the core of the Yeti will peak all at the same time so we will have the advantage in the future.

[221 words]

7) Next year

So sadly this season in the Play-offs the Colorado Yeti ended up losing pretty hard in the first game. Not scoring a lot. However, this was a team that a few seasons ago hit 1-15 so to go from that to 3rd in the division and be 4-3 at one point is pretty good. The progress this team is making is finally getting there. From 4th to 3rd and the core is now really starting to shine through. I am confident within a season or 2 the Yeti core will finally be hitting the prime and level as the teams that will be contending for the division and god help them cause we are starting to look really good now. Good amount of top earners in multiple positions.

I do not really know what will happen but we are finally approaching the Yeti being in the prime and starting to contend for the championship. We have a quarterback who will be doing much better with multiple options to throw at and a scary good defensive side to our team. Perhaps next season will not be the greatest for us like this season but the progress will once again show like it has in multiple seasons since going 1-400.

[212 words]

8) Draft Focus
Written: What areas of your team has the biggest holes that you are hoping get filled in the upcoming S19 draft? What round are you hoping it’s filled?

If I am being honest. I do not think the season 19 draft is looking rather look whatsoever. A few good players do exist within it but we do not have a 1st rounder. Now do not get me wrong but the quantity does not have quality. I would compare it to my season's draft. Compared to the drafts around us the quality just cannot compete and whilst teams did get great players in the early 1st 2 rounds of my draft you have to half it with these new kids.

The Yeti traded the 1st rounder to get a better season 18 player who has been killing it and earning that sweet, sweet Total Points Earned. This in my opinion was worth it so for our 2nd round draft it is basically grab anyone active if even possible. The lack of talent just means we will keep our reddit picks and screw this draft.

In a best case scenario and we do get an active player. I guess Wide Receiver just so Laszlo Forty-Two and James Bishop have more depth help to them or maybe more to our ever growing brick wall but I will not lose sleep over not getting anything good from this class. If anything we might look for quality in free agency. Exciting times either way.

[222 words]

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - RainDelay - 11-12-2019

6) Our Time

(Disclaimer: yes, I know my team lost in the Conference Championship, but I'm writing about why we should have won.)
At the end of the season, one thing is clear: the Kansas City Coyotes should be looked at as the favorite to win the Ultimini this season. Actually, it probably isn't that clear. After all, they weren't the best team during the season. The Portland Pythons have a better record. So do the Tijuana Luchadores.

So why, you may ask, should we call this team a favorite? What could they possibly have more of than those other teams? The answer is heart. The Coyotes have heart and they have a lot of it. The young group is quite dedicated to getting better and leaving it all on the field every time they go out there. Mason Blaylock is always working in the gym and watching film on opposing receivers and running backs. He studies their patterns in order to know his plan of attack for each play. Rayne Gordon has been doing sprints, long distance running, you name it. He had one goal and that was to be the fastest player out there. He's done a pretty damn good job so far. Speaking of fast, you can't forget about Orien Drake. The record setting KC Running back might be their best chance of winning, but it is the collective heart of the entire core that will get Kansas City to the promised land.

10) Rivalries

The specific prompt for this task says to talk about why a team is overrated. I'm bending the rules a little bit. I don't think the Orange County Otters are overrated, they are quite good. But oh boy, am I sick of watching them win football games. Ever since my heyday in the NSFL, the Orange County Otters have been a thorn in my side. More often than not, the Otters stingy defense was able to thwart my offensive attack, and I was a damn good receiver. I used to give opposing defenses fits, but not Orange County.

Why else do I want them to lose? When I came back to the site this season, I figured that by now maybe a different team would have the upper hand, but of course they dont. There is a shiny orange banner hanging atop the NSFL forums, and I would like that to be replaced by a blue and black banner (*eyes emoji*). Nineteen seasons and the Otters are still winning important football games. Seriously, someone stop them!

Let me go on record saying that I don't actually dislike this team, or anyone on it. I'm just a bit tired of seeing their continued success and figured it would be nice if some other teams could share in the fun from time to time.

8) Draft Focus

I'm not on an NSFL team yet, so I'm going to talk about my own draft hopes. Some teams have a desperate need for a Wide Receiver and may want to address that in the first round. Well, fear not, because Rayne Gordon is a first round talent for sure. With not that much TPE in my first DSFL season, I put up pretty solid numbers all things considered. I was also the #2 wide receiver for the team, so my numbers would've been higher if I had been given more targets. That's OK, NSFL teams understand that I made the most out of my minutes. Also, I am completely dedicated to improving and honing my craft. Since I re-created, I have not missed an opportunity to gain TPE. Every Point Task, every Trivia, every Activity Check, every Weekly Training. I did the Wiki page, the Predictions, and here I sit doing Ultimus Week for that big ten spot. My first player was a Wide Receiver who went #8 overall, and my goal is to surpass that and go higher. I think my name is well-known enough around here to open some eyes and garner interest, so all that is left is to wait by the phone and hear my name called. With my team out of the postseason, I will also be working on my large offseason update!

Need a future #1 WR? Give Rayne Gordon a ring.

3) All About the QBs

If your team is playing in the Ultimus, chances are they have a pretty good quarterback. That is definitely true for both the Yellowknife Wraiths and the Orange County Otters. This will be a top-flight QB matchup.

Lets first take a look at Wraiths QB Cooter Bigsby. He led the league in completions, but part of that is because he also led the league in attempts. He was tied for the lead in Touchdowns thrown, with Easton Cole of the Austin Copperheads. The 31 to 13 TD/INT ratio is definitely something to hang his hat on, as protecting the ball is crucial in this league and in football in general. 4398 yards is also a ridiculous statistic, and really highlights the Wraith's pass-heavy attack.

Now, on the other side we have Orange County Otters quarterback Franklin Armstrong. A steal back in the Season 15 draft, Armstrong was taken with the 8th pick in the 3rd round. And as his name would suggest, Arm-strong has a strong arm. He may not have put up crazy numbers this season, but he was relatively efficient with the ball, completing 59.1% of his passes. Orange County also relies more on the run than Yellowknife does, so Armstrong wasn't always in the spotlight. 18 touchdowns were not bad in a solid campaign for the still developing Armstrong.

Overall, I would give the quarterback edge to Yellowknife with Cooter Bigsby, but it will definitely be a thrilling matchup to watch. I, for one, am looking forward to it!

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - KillKillKill - 11-13-2019

TASK 1
PBE PT

Code:
TASK 8 Draft Focus

With the possibility of losing Ashley Owens in free agency as he has declined his player option for this year, Austin will need to secure a complimentary back to pair with Mako Mendonca. Mako has the tools to be the bell cow back in Austin, but any strong team will present a pair of backs to prevent break down of their premier back. I don't believe Austin will necessarily need to take a running back super high in the draft, I would personally prefer some defensive help, but it will be an area that needs to be addressed. It could possibly be handled during free agency, but the move needs to be a youth movement to ensure long term viability and success. With no first round pick, Austin should devote their next highest pick to defense and the following pick should be a running back. The team is set up nicely with Easton Cole coming into his own at the quarterback position, but a solid ground game is key if the team wants to compete in the future. With a strong defense, a good running game will enable the Copperheads keep opposing teams in arm's reach while the ground game grinds the defense down while also shortening the game.

WORD COUNT 209

Code:
TASK 15 Going to Disneyland!
Written: Who was the Ultimus MVP? Give us a rundown of their celebratory trip to Disneyland, or describe how they celebrated.

For the MVP, I am going to have to agree with who the sim picked as player of the game. His numbers weren't gaudy, but he protected the ball. With a touchdown pass and a QBR of 102.4, Franklin Armstrong put his team in a great position to win. When you are stacked up against a great defensive team like Yellowknife, ball security is at a premium. Armstrong had 226 yards and no interceptions or fumbles, this level of reliability is underrated if you are merely looking at touchdowns and extravagant yardage when assessing a quarterback. Defenses are the name of the game in the playoffs and anytime you can hold on to the ball to prevent the strain on your own defense, that should be considered a great feat. I fully expect Armstrong to be living his best life among the many Disney characters at some point this off season. I know it just seems that I am just mirroring who the sim picked as player of the game, but they were picked for a reason. A close second would be Lanzer Grievous, clocking out with 8 tackles and 2 sacks of his own. It would be a great look if Armstrong invited Grievous on the Disneyland trip with him.

WORD COUNT 211

Code:
TASK 16 Unsung Hero
Written: Who was the unsung hero of the playoffs, convince us

I know we didn't get out of the first round of the playoffs, but it wasn't for a lack of trying from Austin quarterback, Easton Cole. 346 yards is nothing to sneeze at against a team in Arizona that very few gave us a chance to win. His single blemish coming with 1 interception, Cole paired those gaudy passing numbers with two touchdown passes to two separate receivers. You would be hard pressed to look at this loss and pin it on Cole. His performance against a so-called better team should not be overlooked and serve as a notice for the season ahead. His 77.4 QBR doesn't tell the whole story. As a defense, the Copperheads couldn't stop Arizona's offense, but up until the very end, Cole kept the Copperheads in the game. As a member of the Austin defense, I would like to personally apologize for our defensive performance in such an important game. I wish we could have dug deep and awarded Cole's performance with a win, but it just wasn't in the cards. I would have loved to see what he could have done as we got deeper into the playoffs, but I will have to sleep at night knowing I let my quarterback down as he had an amazing game himself. All I can say is that I am excited to see where he leads us this upcoming season.

WORD COUNT 233