International Simulation Football League
(S22) - Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S22) - Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=22426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

(S22) - Ultimus Week - DatSmolBoi - 05-25-2020

8) This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S22 class and later. In 400 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

When I first joined this league, I was scared. I felt like no one wouldn't care about me and I would be a forgotten prospect with no team. First of all, I joined very late, somewhere between week 8-9. I did not know what to do whatsoever but I was to afraid to ask anyone even though they said you were able to. I looked threw the "Create a player" section and saw S22 and S23 Prospects. Me, not knowing what the hell to do, decided to go with S22 (Because 22 is a better number then 23) Once again, I did not know that S22 already began or that S23 was if you wanted to enter the DSFL draft (I realized I did when it was too late.) So once my player got approved I was just there like, "Well, What now?" I had no team, I wasn't in S23, I did not know what to do. I joined the discord and greeted myself, but for some odd reason, still not asking any questions I NEEDED answers to. My motivation to continue in this league was two messages in the rookie server. I said "I feel like I should be more active here". Thats when RussDrivesTheBus and siddhus both responded with positive messages, basically saying that I shouldn't force myself to be active here and that's the moment where I realized, this server wasn't toxic. It was Wholesome. Fast Forward to week 9 in the DSFL and I see Bruins 10 (The guy that made that awesome sig at the bottom of this) just got picked to be on the royals. So now I can sense that I will be picked any minute now, I just have to be patient. 1 Day later I get a message by Kanako. I just woke up and did not know many gms besides the ones that messaged me before. I look in the message and what do I see? "Hey man, Welcome to the Portland Pythons!" I was stoked. Not only is Portland the best team in the DSFL, but it was also located where my character was in, Portland. If that isn't cool as hell then I don't know what is. Thats when I met my teammates. They were fucking awesome. There was Leafer, Steel, George, Okusi, Claxton, Kehla, Dawkins, and many more that I knew through discord. This made the league way more exciting to me since there was no toxicity, no problems, it was just friendly in general. Fast forward to the S22 NSFL draft and im excited. Sure I skipped the DSFL draft and sure I know I wont be drafted in the first 7 rounds but still, very exciting to see your player on the big screen. I wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, until this one name was called, "In the last pick in round 9 of the draft, the New Orleans Second Line selects...Sean Snyder.". It was, even better then what I felt when I was in the draft in the first place. I am now a member of the New Orleans Second Line. I can see why I was draft in the late 9th round though. I had 75 TPE, Joined at week 9, and clearly did not know what was going on. I had 75 TPE then, I have 222 TPE now. So yeah, I would consider myself as a draft steal. You know why? Because I never gave up like I thought I would do once I joined here. I stayed, interacted, and played around. Did PTs, Trivia, and asked for help when I sure as hell needed it. So to the whole NSFL, I just want to say, Thank you.

Code:
616 words i think oh wow

4) It’s down to the final four in both leagues. Choose one playoff team that is not your own from either league and recount how they got here in 400 words or more. What challenges and hurdles did they face in the regular season? Did they cruise into home field advantage or have to fight off contenders for the wild card? Are they led by MVP players on offense, or is a stifling defense the engine to their success? Don’t be afraid to go deep.

Sadly, my Portland Pythons are not in the playoffs which is very disappointing to us since not only would we have a chance at the Ultimini, but also I could write my own team on here. Anyways, its time to meet the Ultimini contenders! On the first corner we have the Tijuana Luchadores! On the other corner we have the London Royals! (It should have been the Pythons!) anyways for me its easy on who im gonna pick to win. The Tijuana Luchadores. Lets talk about how they got here in the first place. Lets see just skip two weeks no big deal and WOAH, 0-2 to start the season, not what you want. Don't worry though, we will fix this...and there you go! 2-2 to start the season, best that I can do. Alright I will wait until next week, don't do anything bad- and your 4-2 now. A 4 game win streak huh? seems like a great road to success for me. Well too bad Portland has to ruin your little win streak. Now they have a better chance at the playoffs. But hey! A win against Norfolk is good enough right? You want another win streak? Well uh, I don't think we can do that- HOLY HELL YOU ARE 9-3. I GOT TO STOP THIS, uhhh there you go! Lose to the Coyotes, No big deal, you still have playoffs! You want one more win? Well no, your facing against Portland, which is the best team in the DSFL by- .....Well good fucking job Luchadores. You ruin a teams life in the playoffs just to go 10-4. You happy with yourself? Well looks like you will be beating the Royals this year. Go have fun and fucking burn them to the ground. Oh wait im not done? Well lets talk about their players. We will start with the QB, Ben Slothlisberger. So far throughout the year he has gotten 1797 yards with 6 TDs and is #6 in passing stats. For Tijuana, he is a solid package with 397 TPE. For receiving however, Friedrich Vequain is a fucking beast out there, 938 yards and 6 TDs on the board. He will be a useful player out there when the Ultimini time comes. At rushing there is Richard Gilbert, eating up 1331 yards and 10 TDs. Only the sim gods know how they are going to play in the Ultimini this year. If they can all play the hardest as they god damn can then they have a high chance of winning the Ultimini. I just really need to hope that they can get the victory especially since I don't want a rival expansion team to win it all.

Code:
451 words

hand over the 10 TPE, NSFL.

(S22) - Ultimus Week - DrunkenTeddy - 05-25-2020

Code:
10) Create an argument for your own player, or for someone else on your team, as to why they should be nominated for awards. Lay out their stats or compare them to other contenders. Make a convincing argument. Written option available for 200 words or more.
Jeffrey Phillips should absolutely be "the guy" to win offensive rookie of the year this season. He came in as a true rookie without spending a single send down season in the dsfl before making the jump to the big leagues. On the receiving side Phillips managed 66 catches for 822 yards, and 3 touch downs, with his longest catch being a 52 yarder. The closest to that was Barker with 45 catches, 580 yards, and 3 TDs. Phillips also had 12 pancakes in the season and allowed 0 sacks, not the highest for a TE, but he spent most of his time going for catches, not blocking. Buckley of Arizona, a rookie tackle, had a great season on the offensive line and might be another candidate with 63 pancakes and only 1 sack allowed. For Running backs there is a stronger competition, 3 different running back rookies exceeded 900 yards this season. Tirtawidjaja, Skyline, and Yoda all had very similar numbers of attempts and yards gained, but Skyline stands out as having 9 touchdowns. I think of the Running backs Skyline has to be the top choice, but Phillips edges him out having nearly the same yards gained as a Tight End.

Code:
12) Lay out the steps you think your team should take over the offseason to improve. This must be more than just a list over an image. Graphics only.
[Image: 94Q6LzF.png]

Code:
13) Create a billboard, magazine cover, or video game cover depicting a superstar of the league. Graphics only.
[Image: mjYQ7LJ.png]

Code:
15) Show your player hoisting the championship trophy. Graphics only.
[Image: RzA8mri.png]

(S22) - Ultimus Week - gbfn - 05-25-2020

4)
It's playoff time in the DSFL. This season came with quite a few surprises. Teams, that had expectations to make a deep playoff run, fell short of their goals. The most disappointing team this year has to be the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers. I am sorry but the last season was not up to par for the defending Ultimini champion who finished last in their respective division.

But let's look at the teams who managed to clinch a playoff spot. The Luchadores are this years favourite to go all the way and win it all for the first time since season 17. On the way to the first seed they had to win the SFC, which was considered a bit stronger than the NFC in that year. And they did it with a bang. They went 10-4 and going 5-1 in their division. The Luchadores scored 330 points - the most of all teams in the DSFL. But not only their offense was outstanding, the defense also had a stellar performance this season, with the third best scoring defense of the league. Led by Slothlisberger and Waters at Quarterback Tijuana had the best aerial attack and with the most effective RB duo with R. Back and R. Gilbert who had unbelievable 21 TDs combined they are destined to go far in the title race.

The rest of the league is a bit behind them. As the team with the second best chances to win the title i have the Minnesota Grey Ducks listed. They finished the regular season with a record of 8-6. To be fair the record can be a bit missleading as their point differential is clearly the best in the whole league. So they seem prepared to deliver the Luchadores a real fight for the crown. If Jamar Lackson can continue his performance, he will be a important piece forthe offense. With 1410 rushing yards and 9 TDs he is a real force at the position of the RB. But the major reason for the successful season is the outstanding defense. The Grey Ducks allowed the least points on the season wich will be vital for their success in the playoffs. Leading them is D. Kennedy, an absolute beast this year. He racked up 12 sacks and 6 TFLs with 126 tackles.

The other title contenders have in my opinion little chances to come out victorious in the semifinals. The London Royals went to the playoffs with a losing record of 6-8 and have to hope for a little wonder to beat the Grey Ducks with their impressive defense. In the SFC the Norfolk Seawolves also have to deliver an oustanding performance to have a chance to beat the on both sides of the ball strong Luchadores.
Code:
456 words

8)
Coming into the league I had a few troubles getting all together and understanding the mechanics of a forum based sim league. It was the first sim league I was attending, the premise was really exciting with creating a fictional player. Running throug a scouting and eventually be picked by a team was a totally new experience for me. Up until today i have not had any negative experience with users and players in the league. Everybody was really helpful and gave me tons of advice on how to get the max out of my player.
But the real hero from the start was sakrosankt who showed me the Ins and abouts of the league. He really got me going very well. After getting to know it all I am pleased how my carreer so far has been.
I was drafted by the Portland Pythons, where I immediately got the chance to contribute to the team and leave my mark on the field. On the course of the season however we failed to meet our expectations and failed to achieve a playoff spot. This was a bit of a let down, as I thought we had all it takes to be a title contender. On a personal note the season was really good, i didn't have too high expectations for myself, so im am absolutely staggered on how good it went on a individual point of view. 123 Tackles, 6 sacks and 10 PD was definitly better than expected. But even better than the game stats (these my be a bit deceiving) is, that i was able to reach the cap for the DSFL after 1 season. I may be not fully pleased with how i spent my TPE accumulated, as i had invested too much in other attributes besides speed (We all know how important speed is in the league). So i couldn't max my speed attribute (i only brought it up to 88).
But overall I am really happy about the way my first season in the league went down.

It is a bit hard for me to make suggestions on how to improve the experience for the users in the league as this is my first time being part of a sim league and i don't have any comparison. I can only point out, that my experience so far is overly positive. I had to get accustomed to using discord as the primary communication tool, but meanwhile it really turned out to be comfortable and is in my opinion essential to leaving a mark on the landscape of the NSFL.

Code:
432 words

(S22) - Ultimus Week - QuirkyTurtle - 05-25-2020

Tier 2 - 6) It’s always important to look forward to the future. Examine your team, and in 400 words or more, talk about how they can improve themselves to get a stab at trophy contention next year. Are you loaded with draft capital for the next draft? Do you have plenty of cap space to sign free agents? Go through the roster and note the different strengths and weaknesses, and how you think those will change over the next few seasons. How should your team adapt?

The Austin Copperheads squad for Season 22 is elite. No two ways about it. We hold the best offence in the league in terms of TPE, leading the charge with our two glorious GM players QB Easton Cole and RB Mako Mendonca who both sit at over 1300 TPE. Not to mention on the defensive side, we have Dermot Lavelle Jr who is a top the league in TPE at over 1450. Them and a whole bunch of strong users make this team an Ultimus contender and that has been on full display this season. Looking to the future, there are some concerns that need to be addressed. Firstly, our elite receiver option in Rod Tidwell enters his second year of regression and will likely only have one more season, or two at a stretch, at full effectiveness before deciding to hit the retirement button. This leaves S18 Net Gaines to take up the WR1 position and S22 Eddie Jeeta can move up to WR2. Austin will need to look for that high earning WR in this year’s draft to pair up with Jeeta for the future. Another important thing to keep in mind is Star QB Easton Cole will be entering his regression years and luckily with his high TPE count, he’ll be able to thwart off regression for a few more seasons but it should be in their agenda to seek out his eventual replacement. Sadly, same goes for RB Mako Mendonca. His season 22 counterpart in Ryan Leaf Jr will be retiring after the season, and Mako enters his first season of regression. Fortunately, Austin grabbed a steal of a pick in S22 RB Kichwa Jones who is earning tremendously and will learn behind Mendonca until his time to take over the position arrives. Defensive concerns are not as concerning other than to just bolster up that defensive line. We will be losing DE Kuusela to retirement and DT Riles McTackle is looking like a bit of a bust as he is inactive and no signs of returning. Id expect Austin to target Defensive line very early in the S23 draft. Likely with their first picks in Round 2 seeing as Austin currently don’t hold a 1st round selection. Cap Space is never really an issue as most players are comfortable in their bank account to take minimum contracts and not to mention that Austin never draft that many players. They take the best players they can in first 4 round and sell off the rest for something extra if they can, so we are not in the situation that Arizona could be facing very soon. Overall, I feel this team is exceptionally well managed and will remain contenders for playoffs without skipping a beat. Especially for the next few seasons.

Code:
Words: 464

Tier 2 - 8) This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S22 class and later. In 400 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

My experience in this league so far has been so enjoyable. I love the silly antics that the discord chat gets into sometimes, and the drama that appears within the league is not only super fun to witness but also adds to the somewhat realism and overall kind of seriousness that you hope to see when joining a league like this. On top of that, HO does such a fantastic job of keeping the league organised and running smoothly with hundreds of users every day and it’s really incredible and they really need more recognition for their efforts. Beyond that, I have made some wonderful friends through my time in the KC locker room and Austin locker room, as well as friendly rivalries. Most will know who they are but there are too many to list, it would feel a bit cheaty to just list them all.
I am actually happy with the start my player has made. I was a few votes off making WROTY in my rookie season in the DSFL which was fun, and on top of that I went to a really great organisation in the NSFL being the Austin Copperheads. It was a very late decision to call me up to play in the big leagues right away which rubbed the KC crowd the wrong way a little as it was long thought Id be sent down to help the coyotes for a second season. Alas, that’s just the ay it goes sometimes, but even as pretty much the 5th option of receivers on this overloaded Austin Offence, I still managed 3 TDs, even with a low yardage count which was expected anyway. Moving forward I’m really excited to keep earning and eventually become the WR1 for this team and prove their decision to select was a slam dunk. Speaking of my draft selection, that was great fun also. As my class was hella deep, it was tough to guess where I’d fall, especially in a loaded WR class. But I feel blessed to have been the 1st WR taken on the board, even in the mid-3rd round, and Austin traded up to do so. Which I believe to be an exceptional trade with Honolulu. Austin would give a 7th rounder that year that they had no intention of using anyway, and a S23 1st and 2nd for the S22 3rd and their S23 2nd. Now some call this a steep price but its actually not. Not to toot my own horn but in most other drafts, I’m likely a 1st rounder as am a max earner and top of the position. So that’s an even swap for giving up the S23 1st. Then we swapped 2nds which gained us a bunch of spots for a measly 7th. Superb trade in my eyes and my plan to be elite is only gonna show people just how good a trade it truly was.

Code:
Words: 487

(S22) - Ultimus Week - KenitohMenara - 05-25-2020

Tier 1, Task 1:

The Dallas birddogs were in their second season as a team and already they had to practically rebuild their entire team. After suffering a vast amount of players being called up to the NSFL from their season one team, the front office had to scramble to fill holes, especially on the defensive side of the ball. After the draft, the offensive players they did draft were often asked if they would considering moving to the offensive side of the ball. Players like d’Alcott and McGallager would change from Wide Receiver and Tight End to Safety and Cornerback respectively.

After an average start, they entered week 6 with a 2-3 record. Their week 5 game against Tijuana was the stuff of their worst nightmares. In their worst showing of the season, Dallas would lose 30-9 and be utterly humiliated doing so. While no points were scored by either team in the second half of the game, by that point it didn’t matter as all Tijuana had to do was hold on to their three touchdown lead which their defense was more than capable of doing. It was the lowest point of the season for the young core who had been dreaming of so much more. As they returned over the border to Dallas, they were mobbed by reporters who were demanding answers for how the season had gone so far. It was here where rookie safety and Dallas native Raphael d’Alcott would step up to the interview podium and give this now famous speech:

“I know this wasn’t the result you wanted and I apologize. These aren’t the results that any of us want and it's not what we want for our team going forward. So to everyone in the Dog Pound, I’m sorry. I promise you one thing, these losses will be good things in the end. The Good Lord wouldn’t give us these hardships if he didn’t believe that we could overcome them. I promise that you will never see any player work harder than me for the rest of this year. I want to bring Dallas home a title and I will give every ounce of blood and every drop of sweat to make it happen. God bless you all.”

This speech, now referred to as “The Vow”, stunned the reporters as the Birddogs left the airport. It was a rallying point for the players as they wouldn’t allow their season to go in flames this way. If they were going to revive their season and fight for the playoff spots, they would do it starting with week six. A rather fitting week to start again considering who their next opponent was. The London Royals.

London had joined the league at the same time as Dallas and thus they were natural rivals. The Royals had a 4-1 record going into week 6, led by their new star safety, Greedy Sly. They were one of the league's best offenses at the time, averaging more than 24.2 points a game and had weapons all over the offense. Their defense was also strong, often leaving opponents with two touchdowns at best most games. London was the heavy favourite coming into this match up but this match up meant so much more to Dallas. The birddogs had a goal in mind and the players were ready for the war that was to come.

When the rest of the league woke up, they couldn’t believe what they saw. Dallas, a team that many had left for dead, a team that the pundits were mocking and calling trash, had not only withstood London’s attack, but won the game in incredible fashion. While 21-18 was the final score, anybody who watched that game saw one of the finest overall performances from any DSFL team that season.

The Dallas offensive game came alive in that game as the birddogs would carve up the London defense. Luca Scabbia would lead the charge and in one of his finest performances of the season, he would catch 6 passes for 77 yards. He kept Dallas offense charges alive and got crucial first downs when they mattered most. Dallas three running backs would also have incredible games, as Kichia Jones, Arik Eller and free agent signing Bob Murphy would come bine for over 200 yards and over 6 yards a carry between them, an incredible feat for the rookie team.

Then the defense showed their stripes as they would limit London to two quarters of scoring points. A week after making the vow, Raphael d’Alcott would lead the Dallas defenders. He had moved over to Cornerback to stifle the London receiving core and he would not disappoint, getting 4 tackles and two critical pass deflections. His clutch play kept London receivers from getting any major yards. Bradley Owens would also have a standout game as the rookie linebacker would tear through the London running backs, getting 10 tackles in a game for the fourth week in a row.

Dallas would ultimately end the season 7-7 and miss the playoffs but in this game, they showed just how good they could truly be and in a rivalry game that meant so much to them, they showed their true colours. The Vow had been made true.

Code:
875 words

(S22) - Ultimus Week - xTri - 05-25-2020

TIER 2

1. Awards season is a big part of the offseason festivities. Take the stand, in 400 words or more, for one or more players that are not your own, and argue why they should receive awards glory. They can be your teammates or anyone in the league. How did their stats and on the field contribution contribute to their case this year?

To preface this, I'm new to football and I'm learning what stats are important, so this is a good way to learn and apply the stats on who I think will win certain awards. Since I created a WR, I'll start off with the best Wide Receiver Award. Looking at previous years, I can see a very easy correlation in who wins that award vs the amount of touchdowns they perform with each winner being the player with the most touchdowns. The exception was when Vinny Valentine won in S16-S18 where he lead in receiving yards averaging around 1400 where current WR couldn't achieve. Thus, by looking at Yards and Touchdowns, there are three obvious candidates in the race: Nate Swift, Rod Tidwell and D. Thomas-Fox. All three receivers got 11 touchdowns as well as getting over 1000 receiving yards. But in my opinion, my choice for the award would be Rod Tidwell because he averaged a higher amount at 18.2. The other two only averaged between 14-15. Tidwell also got the longest received with 50 yrds among the 3, but I think this stat won't represent the performance well.

The next positional award I'll look at is Quarterback. This one seems a lot simplier to look at. From comparing the winners to the stats for previous years, all of the recipients of the award had the highest passing rating. If we use this method, the player I would choose is Dan Wright with a 95 Passing Rating. But my actual choice for the award is his closest competition, Cooter Bigsby. Bigsby does have a lower rating but is close with 93. He had 80 more oppotunities but has 8 more touchdowns, 30 more completions and 600 more yards. He does have 1 more interception than Wright but I would say that's a positive thing with a larger sample size vs a small one. Wright got a higher rating because of his higher percentage completed with 5% more than Bigsby but with more opportunities, I feel he would regress to a lower rating than Bigsby.

My last positional award analysis is the Kicker and Punter award. For my money, Alex Dasistwirklichseinnachname is going to win the kicker award again having a 100% XP% this year with 34 attempts. He has has a decent FG% with 93.5% in 31 attempts with only missing two where the attempt was 40+ yrds. For the Punter award, the correlation seems to be the highest average punted yards. My choice will be Alfredo Crisco, Having almost average 50 yards with 49.2 in 76 punts which is one point higher over the next.

(442 words)

TIER 3
1. PBE Championship PT +2.5 TPE

2. Make a comparison between your own team and a playoff team, if your team failed to make the postseason, showing why your squad was better.

I'm currently not on a team as I will be a S24 Draftee, so I'll be comparing two teams similar in TPE but drastic in results. The two team twos I'm comparing are the San Jose Saber Cats and Arizona Outlaws. In TPE totals, the Sabre Cats have 300 more at 10317 while Outlaws only have 10085. But the Sabre Cats are in the playoffs with a better record of 8-5-0 while the Outlaws have an unfortunate 4-8-1 record. Looking at the Quarterback matchup, the Outlaws have Jay Cue with 1090 TPE who on paper should be better than the Sabre Cat's QB, Dan Wright. However, Dan Wright overperformed to be a contender for the best QB of the season. Cue did lead the league in passing yards so the main problem isn't in the QB. The major difference between the teams is the defence. The Sabre Cats performed to be a top 2 defence in their division while the Outlaws' defence are ranked dead last in their league as well as the division. Outlaw's allowed the most yards in all defense category as well as points in the division. In terms of TPE, Outlaws' defence team, to no one's surprise, ranks last in the division, and third last in the league (last two are the two tanking teams in the NSFC). The Outlaw's offense should be better with more TPE by almost 1000 versus the Cats but struggles in the many categories. In the end, the defense is definitely a worry of concern for the Outlaws and it should be retooled in the future as they approach their competitive phase in making the playoffs.

(279 words)

(S22) - Ultimus Week - ValorX77 - 05-25-2020

4. The Orange County otters appear to be a team of destiny and fate, as they currently have the league’s second best record and a first round bye, posting a record of 10-3, but you may be wondering, how did the otters get to the point they are today? We must go back to week 1 of this season in the national Simulation Football league to figure out where this magical run of dominance began at. The otters season began with 3 straight wins, over the expansion team Honolulu Hahalua and stealing 2 games on the road against rival opponents in the New Orleans Second Line and the Austin Copperheads, the key part to the first 2 wins is the otters defense who held Honolulu to only a single touchdown, and the defending champion Second Line to only 9 points, when New Orleans was the home team, something you don’t see in every sim! But in week 3, which was a road game against the Austin Copperheads, despite the copperheads scoring 23 points against the otters Defense, the otters were able to intercept quarterback Easton Cole 3 times, which allowed a shorter field to work with to support rookie Tatsu Nakamura, and Ludicolo Bigby, who both found the endzone once. Armstrong did the rest of the work this game with a rushing touchdown and a passing touchdown to Hugh Mongo. Week 4 came around, and the otters were playing their in-state rival in the San Jose Sabercats, little did the otters know, but this would be their first loss of the season. The otters this game would show Armstrong trying to clinch victory himself with 2 rushing touchdowns, but he would commit the fatal mistake that would lose the game, a interception returned for a touchdown by Trey Staley. The otters would rebound with 6 straight wins, including 2 against NSFC playoff opponents in the Colorado Yeti and Sarasota Sailfish, in which proved to be the high point of the season until they had to play the Austin copperheads who at the time was riding a 4 game winning streak, this would prove to be a revenge game for the copperheads as a 63 yard rushing touchdown by Easton Cole would turn out to be the dagger. After the otters dropped yet another game to the Sabercats, they demolished the Outlaws 20-6 to secure the number 1 seed in their conference, where they get a chance to redeem themselves against the Austin Copperheads, one of the team’s 3 losses this season (420 words)

10. If there is a player who definitely deserves to be the national Simulation Football league most valuable player, it should be Austin Copperheads quarterback, Easton Cole, who was one of the key contributors to the turnaround of the copperheads long gone 1-4-1 start by somehow winning 7 straight to make the playoffs, which is one factor into why he should be considered. Cole is Second one the passing yards list, only Jay Cue has more, and Easton Cole has more than Dan Wright and Franklin Armstrong. Cole has a passer rating of 90.7 which is considerably better than Armstrong’s 86.7. He also has a better touchdown to interception ratio compared to Dan Wright and Franklin Armstrong, with a 26-9 for Cole, 17-7 for Armstrong, and 21-7 for Wright. Next thing we look for is team records, Cole and Armstrong had each posted a 8-4-1 and a 10-3 record respectively, (however Cole’s numbers are lower due to an incorrect offensive line for the first 5 weeks) and Dan Wright missed the playoffs despite a 8-5 record, and was eliminated by.. You guessed it, Easton Cole and the Austin Copperheads. In conclusion, Easton Cole should be the league’s MVP not only for his dominant regular season but his strong playoff run he is currently having. (213 words)

14. Prospect Review:
Videl-San Wide Receiver, 215 TPE DSFL team: Portland Pythons
Stats: 33 catches, averaging 11.2 yards per catch, 371 receiving yards, 3 touchdowns.
Videl-San is one of the most underrated wide receivers in this draft class, she’s a little bit undersized for a wide receiver, but she is faster and more stable then a majority of the other wide receivers in this draft class, the data on her stats are skewed because she had to split playtime with Sean Snyder, but she was used more during endzone formations so she could be know for being a red zone threat, but it’s very likely she could be developing into a wide receiver that relays on speed to give her an advantage over other wide receivers built that way because she is also elusive. There are no bad behavior reports on this player, so she known to be a great person not only on the field but also off the field as well, as she has helped out with local food banks in the Portland area. Overall, she is a great player, but she is only slightly undersized, which is the only possible thing that could hurt her draft stock, but other than that, if you need a receiver, you should consider drafting Videl-San. (213 words)

(S22) - Ultimus Week - Blasoon - 05-25-2020

5. The one playoff team not named the Seawolves that I am interested in this season are the London Royals. It might have been due to me scouting a bunch of their rookies for the upcoming season twenty-three National League draft, it might be because they are my hometown draft, and I always want to see London do well. With that being said, as a fellow two seed, I know that the Royals did not have an easy journey to the playoffs, and I will only partially attribute their success to finally changing their initials from ‘LON’ to ‘LDN’, if only because no true sports team based in London would ever use the former initials.

The Royals have faced more troubles getting into the playoffs than would be expected from a two seed. With a pre-season record of four losses, the Royals looked to be for a tough season, normally losing their preseason games by two scores. And with a record of six wins and eight losses, this struggle was made abundantly clear. The Royals suffered a five game losing streak between week four and week nine, which seemed to take them out of playoff contention entirely. The worst of these being the thirty-eight to three demolition at the hands of the Tijuana Luchadores. Yet, an a great early start, combined with a competitive two and two finish to the season, with one of those wins being against conference rival Portland, and finally, combined with an incredibly weak Northern Football Conference, the London Royals managed to secure a playoff spot.

Now of course, I do not want to demean London, they had a lot of good stars stay on, and picked up a lot of good figures in the draft. The face of the franchise, quarterback Colby Jack put up the second most passing yards in the league, with an output of two thousand three hundred and ninety three yards. His effort ensured that the Royals had the third most passing yards in the league. Season Twenty-two wide receivers Susan Cash Jr and Nick Kaepercolin were stalwarts of the team and helped propel them forward. The former ranks eighth in receiving yards over the regular season, picking up six hundred and fifty-nine yards for five touchdowns. The latter ranks fourth in the league for receiving yards, with seven hundred and ninety-seven yards for another five touchdowns. On defence, new pickup Mikel Van Perkins secured three interceptions and forced one fumble. (409 Words)

8. Coming into this league, I was not really sure what to expect from it. I was not too familiar on how anything worked, and I believe that my first impressions on the website were “what in the bloody hell have I gotten myself into with this” Right after I created my character, Suleiman Ramza, making him a quarterback despite the website’s warning not to. My thought process behind it being that the Rookie Tasks would only be available to me now, so I may as well use that for my quarterback, who would need as much TPE as possible. I am really glad that I chose to be a quarterback, because right after I created my character, if I recall correctly, it was only about five minutes after creation, that one Franklin Armstong, or as his account is called, Moonlight, messaged me to talk about my new character, how to be a quarterback, and ultimately, just reassured me in my decision and gave me a friend to talk to, in times when the league became a bit overbearing, or when there were moments that were too much to understand.

Being drafted by the Norfolk Seawovles was a great feeling. Obviously, there is a big time difference between Greenwich Mean Time and Eastern Standard Time, and as a quarterback, in a draft class stacked with quarterbacks, I knew that I would fall pretty far. I remember feeling dejected around two thirty in the morning, really thinking about why I had fallen so far. However, as pick one hundred eighteen came up, and my name was announced loudly for the world, I immediately lit up, and found my dejection replaced with euphoria.

In the two seasons that I have been in Norfolk for, I have met some really incredibly people. Tesla, Lightnoir, Bex, Scorp, Juni, J0EB, and so many more have gone into making my journey as a young quarterback so much more fun. I remember the pain of the pattern of winning on Tuesdays, and then losing on Thursdays. I remember the joy of winning both of our games on the last two weeks of the season and making it into the playoffs. I really feel like my player has had some great games, which have really validated my choice to be a quarterback. With this season, I believe that I did not throw an interception until the last four weeks of the season. And with the unpredictability of the league, I am looking forward to leading the Norfolk Seawolves into another playoff game. And hopefully, I can lead them to an Ultimini this time. (434 Words)

(S22) - Ultimus Week - KC15 - 05-25-2020

Tier 3: PBE PT +2.5 TPE

Tier 2: Short Form Task 7 +5 TPE

I would have to admit that I am very pleased with Jed Podolak’s career up to this point. I landed on the Tijuana Luchadores as a waiver wire pick up and very few expectations. I joined the league because, although baseball is my clear favorite among all sports, I do like football and FrickNasty kept badgering to join.

I created a running back and immediately started wracking up huge yardage for the Luchadores. In S18, Jed ran for 1,392 yards and 9 Tds (5.5 ypc) and in S19 uppped those totals to 1,544 and 11 (5.4 ypc). Jed even had a 99 yard TD run in S18 which was a real hoot and a highlight of his DSFL career.

When Jed was drafted by the New Orleans Second Line with the 3rd pick of the 2nd round of the S19 rookie draft, he found a crowded backfield in the Big Easy and made the switch to wide receiver. This he did willingly, but not entirely enthusiastically. But the move made sense for the team and Jed’s playing time and so in S20 he began his career as a receiver pulling down 34 receptions for 325 yards and 5 TDs. Not a bad rookie year as the third option on a team known for its running game. S20 turned out to be a fun year and I had a lot of fun with Jed’s new position.

Podolak moved up to WR2 in S21 and his production jumped accordingly. He scored the same number of TDs (5), but increased his receptions from 34 to 50 and more than doubled his yardage from 325 to 782. This made for a very fun year which was, of course, capped of with a Championship run with New Orleans – my first and only championship across six sim leagues in 3 different sports. It was only with this breakout year that I began to have any expectations of a great career.

From Ultimus Champion to expansion team in one giant leap, but only one year. S22 saw Jed go to the Honolulu Hahaluas as their second pick in the expansion draft. You would think that would be a let down being immediately “released” by the champions to go to an expansion team, but it actually very much excited me. I was slated to become the WR1 in New Orleans in S22, but that was assured in Honolulu and it felt great to be looked to as a leader on a new team and the chance to build from the beginning was exciting.

What a fun year it was in Honolulu’s first year of existence! We may have only won 4 games (still pretty good in expansion), but the building blocks are present, the GMs excellent, the LR positive and the future is bright! I’d love to win my second championship with this team and put Hawaii on the map as a football paradise.

And Jed continued to improve. His 984 yards receiving were a new career high and just short of the magical 1,000 yard mark that we can hope for in S23. Only 5 receivers put 1,000+ yards on the board in S22 (Donut, Swift, Tidwell, Thomas-Fox, and O’Leary) so that would put Podolak squarely among the elite.

So, do I see myself on an award winning trajectory? For a guy who came in with little to no expectations, I’m having to adjust to feeling like “yeah, this guy has a shot at an award someday”. Hall of Fame? Very lofty aspiration. But does he have an outside chance? I actually think so. It’s nowhere near a lock – but it does seem a possibility.

(S22) - Ultimus Week - puolivalmiste - 05-25-2020

TIER 2:

Task 8: 5 TPE

I joined NSFL about month ago as SHL was closing in on offseason and I felt that I finally could have time to try out another simleague as things there were starting to settle, I had hit bank balance high enough and got jobs to keep it up to make sure I won't need to write much media to still max earn.

So I had to make decision between NSFL and PBE (or what ever it is called?) and neither of the sports really are popular here in Finland nor am I really familiar with them. But as I have been watching super bowl almost every year since 2011 (or so) making NSFL more interesting choise for me. I joined bit late for draft so I ended up getting picked from waivers but drafts are always enjoyable time so I'm exited for NSFL draft and have had fun talking with scouts.

From very get go I was pretty sure that writen media is off the table as I had made sure on SHL to avoid doing that and in general I was thinking that what I can get from twitter + contracts should be enough for training, which I'm starting to learn might not be case in future, but I could not afford to get any equipment, still also something learned from SHL was that equipment should be considered optional and money to TPE ratio gets worse than with just training, so I was not too worried and didn't want to overspend to get early boost. In generals similarities between leagues are close enough that most things were easy for me to get handle even though stuff like lack of bank interface was annoying at first but im getting used to it.

People I met at Norfolk have been great but sadly because my dedication is focused mostly on SHL and as relatively busy familyman combined with european timezone I haven't talked with them as much as I should. Yet when ever I have had something to ask or needed help with anything there were always many helpful people to point me into right direction, all in all they have been very nice people making things enjoyable for me and would have been great if this was my first sim league and sole focus.

Because american football as sports is very foreing to me I really can't tell if my stats are good or bad, that is one thing I also got help from Norfolk discord. Also live sims help a bit, sometimes seeing that one great play even though overall stats for game were low is more satisfying. For end of the season I think we had 6 game winning streak pushing us to playoffs where we lost our first game on overtime, so close, yet now hunger for success keeps growing.

TIER 3:

TASK 10: 2,5 TPE

[Image: OAlDAsd.png]
Looking for sacks or tackles for loss and Mike is your rookie.

SHL PT 2,5 TPE

Total: 10 TPE