International Simulation Football League
(S23) - Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S23) - Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=23669)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

(S23) - Ultimus Week - TheCC - 07-20-2020

2.8) As a member of the Chicago Butchers, we have kind of been the laughing stock of the league ever since I got here after being taken in the 11th round of the S22 NSFL draft. Last off-season, I was finally seeing people talk about how impressive the team was starting to look, even though we had just come off of a 1-12 season. Not only that, but mismanagement by the former leadership of the team left us without our first round pick, which obviously ended up being the number one overall pick. We followed that up with a 3-13 season this year, which was, again, last place in the entire league. This all sounds bad, I'll admit, but we are actually very happy with where we stand currently. We have some of the highest numbers of players updating each week. We have 11 active players that fill our entire defense, and a lot of active players on the offensive side of the ball as well. We are also the youngest team in the entire league too, with most of us being S21 and younger, I believe. We have some players that were sent down to the DSFL for the season too, who should be able to make a huge impact with the squad next season. Two of the bigger ones being max earners Defensive End Arik Eller (user: Ace), and Wide Receiver Luca Scabbia (user: enigmatic). Honestly, if it just ended right there, I think we would be a top squad within a season or two. All we need is time to develop and catch these other top players in TPE. But it doesn't end there... With the draft coming relatively soon, in the next few weeks, we will look to add several high impact players. We have the number one overall pick again, so that should hopefully net us a new star player to add to this already promising young team. We have a fun locker room, and a ton of active players who are excited about the future of the Chicago Butchers. It's really exciting to be a part of, in my opinion. It has also been cool to see players and GMs from other teams talk about how impressive CHI is starting to look, and to see people talking about how good our GMs are. I think that all we need to be one of the top teams in the league, is time. So as a message to all the other teams: your days laughing at the Chicago Butchers are numbered!

Code:

2.10) The team that I am going to talk about won’t ring many bells for most people in the league. At first glance, they aren’t anything special. They weren’t overwhelmingly dominant. They weren’t even in the big leagues, they were in the DSFL. They didn’t even make it to the Ultimini. I’m talking about the S22 Minnesota Grey Ducks. The Grey Ducks weren’t a bad team by any means in S22. We actually ended up with the number one seed in our conference. The performance on the field wasn’t necessarily what made this team special, though. It was the locker room. More specifically, all the guys in the locker room. I may be new in the league, but even I can tell that our team was special. We had so many active guys, and we all fit together so well. We all had similar senses of humor, and the locker room was absolutely popping just about every single day. That team is the reason I’m still in the league. Let’s talk about our on the field performance for a second though. We started the season off 1-3, which was extremely disappointing with how many returning players we had. We didn’t lose hope, though. Our defensive captain, Jango, made sure that we didn’t stop earning, because he knew it would turn around. We went on an insane tear to finish out the season number one in the conference, on the backs of the MVP QB Sim SnowBow, one of the best RBs in the league in Jamar Lackson, WROTY Tychondrius Hood, two time DBOTY Buck Thornton (who was a member of the best defensive back group in the league), OLOTY Julio Jones, and many more. It felt like our fate was written in the stars. It felt like this was our year. Playoffs came. We were matched up with the London Royals. We had something like 10 people in voice chat for that game. We were all so close, and it might be our last game together, so we all wanted to experience it together. Unfortunately, it didn’t go our way. A lot of us still talk often. Many of us are actually wily old vets that have been added to the Minnesota Grey Ducks War Room, so at least there’s that. Since we’re all probably going to be recreating around the same time, maybe we’ll get another shot, who knows. All I know is, I don’t think I’ll ever be a part of something like that again for the rest of my time in the ISFL.

Code:

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Rusfan - 07-20-2020

12) This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S23 class and later. In 400 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

My experience off the field, especially in discord, has been great! I have always had someone to talk to in whichever locker room is active at the time, and my scouting experience has been a great meeting tool both for the DSFL and the NSFl/ISFL. On the field it’s been a bit of a different story in terms of my team as a whole. I am a member of the Portland Pythons who ended the year with a league-worst 5-9 record, with one stretch of wins in the middle of the season winning 3 straight and 4 out of 5, and picking up one final win in week 14 vs the Coyotes. That stretch was fun but the rest of the year was extremely frustrating. I guess I learned what people say when they say that the sim sucks. Personally though my player played at CB from about week 4 on and he absolutely excelled. He finished with a statline of 62 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 4 INT’s, and 22 PD’s. I had 4 goals entering the year: Reach 90 speed, cause 2 Interceptions, make the playoffs, and make the pro bowl. I don’t yet know if I’ve hit the pro bowl, but I’ve hit both other personal goals for my player. The process leading up to the draft itself was also quite fun, in the interest of stepping back for a moment. It's a little different from scouting for the ISFL, since they have the information of a season to really know who they want to take. But the DSFL pre-draft was a little trickier, since even I didn’t know what I was doing at the time, and I’d joined a little later than most of the people in my class. I just knew I had one main goal, and I’d told all the people who messaged me to scout the same thing, that I wanted to make the HOF and win at least one championship along the way. I also told them that I expected to be a max earner, though I believe I missed a weekly training session at the very beginning of the season. On draft day itself I had absolutely no Idea where I was going to go, I had just a little hope that I had convinced someone that I would be worth a high pick. I went higher than I could have ever hoped, to the Pythons at 10. I was shocked to go in the top 10, and certainly hope to have a repeat of being top 10 in a week at the ISFL draft.

13) Create an argument for your own player, or for someone else on your team, as to why they should be nominated for awards. Lay out their stats or compare them to other contenders. Make a convincing case.

Joel Drake should be up for both DBOTY and should get a spot in the DSFL pro bowl this upcoming awards season. The award nominations go to the top 5 DB’s of the past season and Drake deserves to at least be among them. His main competition? There are 3 names that should also get nominated: Rashad Hilliard of the Minnesota Grey Ducks, Lesean Paris Crooks of the Londan Royals, and Bane Ka’ana’ana of the Tijiuana Luchadores. Drake’s statline matches up to all of them in one way or the other, with his main selling point being his second-best 22 pass deflections, and 4 Interceptions. Drake outshines all of the other nominees with his PD’s and his 4 Interceptions tie him with Crooks and Ka’ana’ana. The main competition for Drake I believe to be Hilliard with his crazy 7 INT’s on the year, but Drake outclasses him the most with 22 PD’s compared to Hilliards 14, and Drake has 62 tackles to Hilliards 55. Drake also is only one of two in the group with a forced fumble, along with Ka’ana’ana. Overall I think that though Drake doesn’t have the most INT’s or PD’s in the league, his overall balance among the top DB's in the league in terms of every stat that matters should earn him more votes than any other candidate this year.

25) Select any player who was drafted in the back half of a DSFL or ISFL draft. Show how that player has outperformed their draft position, or how they will soon do so. You cannot write about your own player.

I would like to take this time to shower praise on a player purely for their on the field prowess, regardless of their TPE earning off the field. Mr Irrelevant in the S23 DSFL draft, Timothy Martins III was taken with the 62nd and final pick of the S23 draft by the Minnesota Grey Ducks, and has gone on to have a season undeserving of such a low pick. With 178 carries for 795 yards averaging 4.5 YPC with 6 touchdowns, Martins III has been nothing short of a great 2nd back behind Keppler and a boon for a Grey Ducks running game that ranks 3rd in the entire league. That all being said, I’m not sure if Martins III is going to go much higher in a week at the ISFL draft, since most teams are looking for improvement off the field with TPE earning, and Martins hasn’t earned any more than 7 extra TPE from weekly training and a single activity check back in late June. He will undoubtedly be the last RB taken but his season stats have definitely been better than some of the other late backs taken, and definitely been better than expected from Mr Irrelevant. He will most likely go at least a few picks higher however, so he won’t have quite so low expectations in the seasons to come.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Yeenoghu - 07-20-2020

5) Write 800 words or more on something that interests you. It could be related to statistics, to a league issue you take seriously, or a niche part of history that doesn’t fit neatly into either of the above categories. This must be directly related to the league, so don’t wax 800 words about your team’s Werewolf server. Be warned that freedom comes with risk, and this category will be judged especially stringently for anyone trying to spew complete nonsense.

In my last ‘Decompiling the Sim’ post, I touched on some bonuses to speed that certain archetypes can obtain (namely, Power Back and Blocking Back) upon meeting certain criteria for Speed, Strength, and weight. What I didn’t realize at the time is how dominant this will make the Power Back archetype in the DSFL. I would advise reading my previous post for all of the intricacies, but the build is truly 'online' when the player reaches 91 Strength and 79 Speed while weighing more than 225 pounds. For a Power Back, this can be done with 240 TPE (175 TPE to go from 65 to 91 Str and 65 TPE to go from 60 to 79 Speed)--this is just under the DSFL cap of course, with 10 points to spare. Sadly, the same cannot be done for the Blocking Back who starts at 50 Speed, but they can still realize most of the benefits while capped at 77 Speed.

I recently heard that a Season 25 rookie ([@SchoolboyShue]) had decided to follow this build advice, so instead of just leaving him to be a guinea pig based on theory alone, I thought it would be wise to demonstrate the effects of this build in practice. To that end, I took the roster file from a recent sim and turned every single player into carbon copies of each other.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: x7nRmgR.png][/div]

These bot-like players have a score of 60 in every attribute, the same level of experience, the same height, the same weight. All Identical clones of each other, except for their position on the depth chart. I took two teams (London and Kansas City, but specificity is irrelevant since all teams are now equal) and set the same strategies for both of them. (Oh! Before we proceed, I also realized this is a great way to test home field advantage--in a quick test of 500 games, the home team won two-thirds of the time by an average margin of 5.84. The margin might fluctuate a bit in ISFL versus DSFL, but I would generally expect the win probability to hold). The only unique player on the team will be the lead running back--depending on his build at the time, this character will be called either Power Back or Speed Back. Here’s a look at Power Back--

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: 9zd2KSr.png][/div]

He is a capped DSFL player with the Power Back archetype and points in Strength, Speed, and Endurance.

And here’s Speed Back--

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: y8eVb9U.png][/div]

Also capped, Speed Back has the highest Speed possible for a DSFL running back (and a couple of points in Strength with the leftover TPE).

At this point, you can probably see where the test is headed. As a basis of comparison and attempting to hold as many variables constant as possible, we will run hundreds of sims with either player in the lead back role to see how their individual stats as well as their team’s win rate compares. Using a script that will be readily available to all of you within the coming week, simulating and exporting all of these games took around ten minutes.

Power Back Individual Statline
  • Rushing: 17.42 carries, 124.18 rushing yards (7.13 YPC), 1.01 rushing TDs
  • 29.59% of Power Back’s runs resulted in a first down.
  • Power Back’s longest run on average was 33.40 yards.
  • Receiving: 0.74 receptions, 5.21 receiving yards, 0.04 receiving TDs
  • Miscellaneous: 0.14 fumbles, 0.49 pancakes, 0.08 sacks allowed
Speed Back Individual Statline
  • Rushing: 17.30 carries, 115.57 rushing yards (6.68 YPC), 0.89 rushing TDs
  • 30.13% of Speed Back’s runs resulted in a first down.
  • Speed Back’s longest run on average was 26.45 yards.
  • Receiving: 0.73 receptions, 6.46 receiving yards, 0.05 receiving TDs
  • Miscellaneous: 0.13 fumbles, 0.30 pancakes, 0.10 sacks allowed
Most of the individual statistics between the two players were similar. Power Back had a somewhat higher YPC and ~10 additional rushing yards per game (and seems to be a slightly better pass blocker), but the biggest metric where Power Back outshined Speed Back is in the Longest Run. On average, Power Back’s longest run is ~7 yards longer than Speed Back. Additionally, the 3rd quartile for Power Back’s longest run was 54! In other words, in 25% of Power Back’s games, he had a run of at least 54 yards (Speed Back’s 3rd-quartile value was only 25).

Power Back Team Statline
  • Record: 568-128-4 (81% win rate)
  • Average Score: 24.22 - 12.21
Speed Back Team Statline
  • Record: 575-122-3 (82% win rate)
  • Average Score: 25.09 - 11.32
Interestingly, for all of Power Back’s individual success, it appears to have no impact on the team’s win rate. This could be due to a variety of different reasons--perhaps Power Back and Speed could thrive under different strategies, or maybe RB play is simply not a significant predictor of team success? In any case, I believe I’ve accomplished the task of proving that this Power Back build is comparable to (if not superior to) the Speed Back in terms of individual performance. If you are interested in learning more about how to run these types of experiments, feel free to reach out to me!

(S23) - Ultimus Week - bjkman - 07-20-2020

13) Create an argument for your own player, or for someone else on your team, as to why they should be nominated for awards. Layout their stats or compare them to other contenders. Make a convincing case.

With my first season as starting Kicker for the Sarasota Sailfish in the books, I am disappointed with how I did as a kicker, but as a punter, I was insanely proud of my work. As a 2x Nominee for Kicker of the Year in the DSFL (Season 21, Season 22) and a 2x Nominee for Punter of the Year in the DSFL (Season 21, Season 22), I knew that the ISFL would be a huge step up from my previous competition and yet I feel that I am a shoo-in for a nomination for ISFL Punter of the Year! With only 99 Punts to my name... 1 out of 4 of them was a punt within the 20-yard line, most of anyone in the league. A long of 71 yards puts me within 6 yards of first place, and an average for 46.7 puts me in the top half of the league. To top it all off, I booted the football the length of over 46 football fields As a rookie, these numbers are insanely good and can only go up from there. If I do not come out on top as Punter of the Year in my rookie season, I feel damn good about my future seasons in the ISFL.

Code:
212 WORDS

14) Create a championship banner for your team, including relevant players and iconography. Graphics only.

SAILFISH BANNER!

[Image: uhATCZx.png]

15) Choose your favorite non-playoffs game of this season, whether your own team or another. Explain what was so special and why the winner ultimately came out victorious, including key players and moments.

At 6-8 the Sarasota Sailfish were in dire straits, and with two games left in the season, their only shot at a playoff appearance for the 2nd time in their short history was to win out. And while we know that their season ended at 16 games; they worked their ass off to keep that shot a reality. Week 15 against the Philadelphia Liberty was the game of the year for the Sarasota Sailfish. The Liberty at 8-6 and the Sailfish at 6-8, these middle of the pack teams knew this game had huge playoff implications. The Liberty winning would pretty much secure them a spot, and Sarasota needed a win to survive. Their survival instinct did kick in... but not until the 3rd quarter down to Philadelphia 17-2. Sarasota kicked into gear with a blazing 3 Score comeback in a quarter and a half. First with a Banks to James Anglertouchdown with brought the game down to 9-17 and next with a Jacob Small field goal making it a one-score affair. The score is 12-17 and with 52 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter... Rayne Gordon catches the 24-yard game-winner giving Sarasota the 18-17 victory keeping the Sailfish's playoff hopes alive another week. Only to be dashed when Philly wins their next game getting revenge for the one-point loss from the week prior.

Code:
224 WORDS

17) Choose any award from the past 22 offseasons that you think should’ve gone to a different contender. Why was your chosen candidate’s season superior to the actual winner?

I know I am biased towards my own player, but the Season 22 DSFL award for Kicker of the Year was a really frustrating loss for me to get over. The Tijuana Luchadores were Ultimini Champions and I was a unanimous Pro Bowl selection. Throughout the season, I attempted and completed the most extra points on the season with a staggering 34 and 37 respectively, and completed 5 more field goals and attempted 8 more field goals than the winner of that award as well. I worked my ass off that season becoming the TOP LEADING SCORER for the DSFL as a whole, and I get 4th place in awards voting to show for it. The end of that season was supposed to be my sign off from the DSFL in glory but it just did not work out in my favor. I was a nominee in both categories both seasons of my DSFL career but I left with nothing to show for it. That is why I am working so hard to be the top performer in both positions in the ISFL to show that just because I was a low draft pick and I was not an award winner in the minor leagues, it does not mean that I am a waste of space on the team. I started from the bottom and I will soon enough find my way at the top of the league. Damn, I cannot wait for that day!

Code:
245 WORDS

(S23) - Ultimus Week - SchwarzNarr - 07-20-2020

12) This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S23 class and later. In 400 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

I have to say that as a rookie to the league, and sim leagues in general, the management of the DSFL is of the most importance. I’ve shared my frustration elsewhere about other pieces already, so I want to talk about the importance of the locker room, especially for rookies.

When you are looking, and realizing as a rookie, that you won’t be a part of the ISFL for several seasons, (even though you get drafted after one year), it is of the utmost importance to have DSFL leadership that is not only knowledgeable, but also encouraging as well. Sim leagues become made up of a variety of people, but can typically be split into two groups: those who care a lot about the sports and the stats, and those who care more about the socialization over something you enjoy.

When you have a large group of players who are really into the socialization aspect of a shared love (in this case, football), it’s important to make sure that the DSFL is a place they want to be. As a rookie who entered mostly at waivers, the rookie chat was not that active, and it felt as though everyone had already been invited to prospect chats, and were a part of locker rooms and not the general rookie chat. It made that first week between joining and being picked up on waivers one where I almost quit due to the slight isolation from others.

Having been able to then join Norfolk, however, things were incredibly different. Joining a locker room makes things completely different for rookies, and a good locker room is critical (this is where great General Managers is key). Blasoon and J0EB have been some of the most inviting and kind general managers in the league. While they might be less vocal outside of the locker room, they have worked really hard to make sure that every player feels cared for and cared about. By creating a place where users feel a little bit more safe to share their concerns, their frustrations, or to ask the dumb questions they might not publicly, it definitely helps to create a league where user retention remains high.

The locker room that has been created is one where players who have retired, recreated, and have been redrafted onto other DSFL teams still want to stay and chat and interact. It’s a locker room where NSFL call-ups want to hang out and help. A locker room where we are always Norfolk Best Folk. The locker where Scorp instantly worked on getting a !moose command to bring up moose gifs because they made me happy. (Juni, I love you too, but in my quest for finding pieces of the locker room that were standing out, it’s mostly me trying to talk you out of gambling, or linking you panda clothes). If it wasn’t for the locker room and the atmosphere which previous General Managers cultivated, and the current General Managers have continued to care for and grow, I would have left this league after two weeks. Because of the locker room, I am legitimately sad to leave my time in the DSFL.

Tl;dr - the locker room is everything for rookies, so rookie mentors, make sure that all rookies get into locker rooms, especially when the DSFL chat starts dying, and especially after the initial slugs of rookies have made it into prospect chats.

19) Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, highlights, or anti-Semitic Instagram posts. I’m joking about that last one, please don’t bring up bigotry.

Following up on the scouting report I submitted about Daria Guava-Fresca. As you know there’s one more game to be played for the season - my hope is that the stats continue to shine for her through this final game. I can’t imagine there to be a lot of falling after she’s been able to improve so much throughout the season, particularly with the last several weeks - massive boosts in TPE. Lots of money, so she will be able to fight regression for a while and purchase max equipment for many years to come. Hopefully will continue to output at this level, it’s been impressive for a late to the game rookie.

Scouting Report:
Name: Guava-Fresca
Team: Norfolk
Rookie: S24

221 Total TPE - 80 Kick Power, 89 Kick Accuracy

* due to the time, report made pre-final game - has no bearing on final decision, still top kicker in the draft pool.

Stats:
XPA: 28, XPM: 27 - 96.4% A+
3rd highest in the league -> only due to low TD count

FG:
Attempted: 23
Made: 21
91.3% A-

#1 in league pre game 16. Multiple made at 40+ yards. (11 /12). Longest - 54 yards

Punting: 64 punts -> total yards 2827 - 44.2 yd avg
Long: 61 - 9/64 inside 20 (14%)

Other:
Active & involved
$$ for training -> creative, out of the box play calls
Strong headed + strong willed
Loves spotlight (team interviews?)
Passionate
Player of the game against coyotes

[Image: draft_reprot.png]

18) Create a billboard, magazine cover, or video game cover depicting a superstar of the league. Graphics only.

[Image: pt_18.png]

(S23) - Ultimus Week - KamiCommie - 07-20-2020

2) This week will see the S24 Ultimus and Ultimini races begin in earnest. In 800 words or more, recount any of the previous playoff cycles of either league. How did each team arrive at the playoffs? Were there any dark horse or Cinderella teams that went unexpectedly far, or any presumptive favorites that fell flat? How did the title game play out, and which players made their mark on the field? Tell the story of those playoffs as completely as you can. Do not simply recount your own experience in those playoffs or that of a singular team.

Let us all go back to the distant past that is Season 21 in the Developmental Simulation Football League, taking a look at the Tijuana Luchadores. That season, the Tujuana Luchadores got off to a hot start with a 5-3 record just over half walk through the season. The team was winning handily, and it would seem that they were due to make a long run in the playoffs and possibly contend for a title. Then the unthinkable happened. Tijuana went on a four game losing streak, and ultimately had their playoff dreams destroyed with Norfolk’s week 14 win in Dallas against the Bird dogs. Tijuana went on to finish the seasons 6-8, wondering what could have been.

That brings up to Season 22. Tijuana was hungry, and looking to show everyone that they were again the team to beat. But unfortunately, their season did not start off as they would have hoped. Week 1 was a shot at revenge against the same team that eliminated them from the playoffs the year before, the Norfolk Sea Wolves. The game was a low scoring affair, with the Sea Wolves edging out a 17-6 victory on the road in Tijuana. Tijuana went on to lose the following in London against the Royals 39-16.

Now already two weeks into Season 22, the Luchadores of Tijuana had dug themselves a deep hole, starting the season 0-2. What was shaping up to be a season of redemption, was turning out to be more of an exercise in futility. But the season is much longer than two weeks, and Tijuana caught fire! The Luchadores went on to win 10 of the final 12 games of the season, only losing on the road to both the Portland Pythons 26-21 and the Coyotes of Kansas City, 23-20. Tijuana finished the season at 10-4, securing the number one overall seed and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Once again, the Tijuana Luchadores had an opportunity for revenge against the Norfolk Sea Wolves, only this time the stakes were much higher. The winner would move onto the Developmental Simulation Football League championship game with a chance to go home with the Ultimini trophy. While the other team simply goes home, coming up just short of their ultimate goal for the season.

The semifinals between the Luchadores and the Sea Wolves was a low scoring, back and forth affair. Neither team could get much traction early on with each team punting the ball away on their first possession. After a short second possession by Norfolk, Tijuana managed to drive down the field and score the first points of the game with a 30 yard field goal. It didn’t take long for Norfolk to respond, scoring the first touchdown of the contest shortly into the second quarter. Tijuana responded with another field goal of their own, but was unable to reach the end zone in the first half, failing to take the lead into halftime after a missed field goal. The score remained 7-6 throughout the third quarter, as neither team was able to get much going. Norfolk snagged a couple of interceptions but was unable to translate them into any points. Shortly into the fourth quarter, Norfolk started to pull away, scoring their second touchdown of the contest, but missing the extra point, bringing the score to 13-6. With seven minutes left in the game, Tijuana got the ball with one last chance to tie it up, and with two minutes left they finally broke the goal line, tying it up at 13 with two minutes left. The Sea Wolves managed to drive down into field goal range, and with 10 seconds left in the game lined up for the potential game winner. The 48 yard kick was no good, and the semifinal match would move on to sudden death overtime.

Norfolk received the overtime kickoff, promptly moved the ball down the field, and again put themselves in field goal range. Once again, Norfolk had the opportunity to win the game and move onto the next round. And once again, they missed. Tijuana was given a golden opportunity to put Norfolk away for good, and they did not let the opportunity pass. Driving from their own 28 yard line, they moved the ball to Norfolk’s 19. From there, roughly four minutes left in overtime, they hit the walk off. Tijuana would move onto the championship round against the London Royals with the final score of 16-13.

The Ultimini was once again a low scoring defensive battle, with both teams only managing a field goal each through the first half. The passing game continued to give Tijuana trouble, as they threw another two interceptions. But thanks to a solid defense, they were able to limit the damage. Tijuana would receive the second half kick off and would proceed to grind out a 91 yard drive for the only touchdown of the game, putting them ahead 10-3. Both defenses showed up to play, as the next five drives ended with three and outs, bringing us to the fourth quarter. London drove down to the nine yard line of Tujuana, but was unable to get into the end zone, settling for their second field goal. From there, the defense again took over the game for both sides, resulting in a 10-6 victory for the Tijuana Luchadores, becoming the Season 22 Ultimini Champions.

Code:
898 Words

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Jangorhino - 07-20-2020

[Image: task_16.png] tier 3 task 16

[Image: task_18.png] tier 3 task 18

[Image: task_20.png] tier 3 task 20

[Image: task_14.png] tier 3 task 14

(S23) - Ultimus Week - CLG Rampage - 07-20-2020

Task 3) Create a team Mount Rushmore

Yellowknife has an incredibly rich team history, with a ton of players to choose from for this theoretical Mt. Rushmore. Starting with one that's incredibly obvious, Dermot Lavelle. The greatest corner in this history of the league, Dermot was an absolute monster at his position and held down the cornerback position for 12 long seasons up north. Currently, Lavelle holds two seperate records in the ISFL that are unlikely to be broken. He has the most interceptions in the league with 57, and he also had the highest TPE peak in the league. He also is tied for 9th on most interceptions in a single season with 8, surpassed only by his teammate Grithead, Chase Jensen, Isaiah Rashad, Andre Bly and Arbin Asipi. Simply put, Lavelle was one of the best to ever do it at his position, and with his 12 year career on the Wraiths while also being an inductee into the ISFL HoF and the Wraiths HoF, he's the first person I'm putting on Yellowknife's Mt. Rushmore.

Second person to put up there is another easy one, and that's current Wraiths quarterback Cooter Bigsby. Especially after his retirement this season, I feel like Cooter needs to be up here. He ranks top 3 all time in both passing touchdowns and yards, along with snagging two MVP awards, Quarterback of the Year in Season 22 as well as being invited to 6 Pro Bowls. I don't think it's crazy to say that drafting Bigsby completely changed the course of Yellowknife as a franchise. Despite the fact that Yellowknife was never able to win an Ultimus with him under center, a fact I'm still sad about, he flipped the team on it's head and gave them the gunslinging quarterback they never had with Akselsen. He was a great quarterback, but Bigsby is better, no questions asked. Beyond what Bigsby did as a player, timeconsumer is the greatest simmer in the league, bar none, and has kept Yellowknife competitive through many roster changes. One of the greatest weapons available to Yellowknife at this time was to say to free agents, "Timeconsumer will help you become the best player you can be." The little tricks and changes that he knows to put into the sim to squeeze every single drop of performance out of the roster was just breathtaking. He's for sure the second player I'd be looking at for a Yellowknife Mt. Rushmore.

The third player is someone who I feel like everyone that's watched Yellowknife these past couple of seasons would pick. And that player is Danny Grithead, a Safety that joined Yellowknife in Free Agency after the 2030 season. While he undoubtedly had better championship success with Orange County, his best seasons came with Yellowknife, no one can really argue that. In six seasons with the team, he won MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, Defensive Back of the Year and four Pro Bowls. In contrast, he went to the Pro Bowl 5 times for Orange County while winning Defensive Back of the Year, and that was it. Not to say those were bad years, quite the contrary, but his full potential really got unlocked in Yellowknife. Some may say that because of his success in Orange County, he doesn't deserve to be on the list. His best years may have been with the Wraiths, but he won more with the Otters. And that's a fair argument. But I can't think of anyone else that deserves this spot except maybe Boss Tweed? But Grithead is one of the defensive greats, and his best individual seasons were with the Wraiths. So he'll go up as well.

The fourth spot is definitely a contended area. I want another offensive player to balance out the mountain and make it two and two on both sides of the ball. I'd say there are two choices here, and they're both strong contenders. Nate Swift, and Mathias Hanyadi. Swift is the obvious choice. Easily the best receiver in Yellowknife history, Swift has been an absolute rock on the offense and has held down the WR1 spot for a very, very long time. He's getting up there in age nowadays, but he's still a potent offensive weapon and has been key in several different victories for the Wraiths. Hanyadi has some personal bias in his nomination, but several different Yellowknife players and shadyshoelace have said that Hanyadi is the best running back in franchise history already. So I'm not pulling things completely out of my ass here, there is some backing. The awards Hanyadi has won in only 5 seasons with the team has been simply remarkable, and his numbers are way higher than any running back in the history of the franchise. I can't really decide between these two, so it'd be something I'd have to go into much greater depth about if I wanted to make an educated decision.

So those are my picks for Yellowknife's Mt. Rushmore. Dermot Lavelle, Cooter Bigsby, Danny Grithead and one of Nate Swift or Mathias Hanyadi.

(841 Words)

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Haseo - 07-20-2020

PBE CW

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Buttersqauch101 - 07-20-2020

18)
EA Sports finally catching up by selling a game for a season that happened 7 years ago
[Image: OJa4Fse.jpg]

19)
Gonna do this as a little college recruiting style thing

WR Rankings:

1:
Joshua Campbell
Stars: 5
College: Wyoming
DSFL Team: Kansas City
Bio: Joshua Campbell is another recruit from the ongoing university of Wyoming dynasty who was the first offensive player picked in the 2039 DSFL draft getting selected at 15th overall. Joshua Campbell is the fastest WR out of his class with blazing speed and phenomenal hands. If I’m going to compare him to an old NFL player from back in the day it would be Tyreek Hill. While he doesn’t get many stats he also shared a WR squadron with 3 other starters. I predict Campbell going as a top 5 pick

2:
Taro Ramon
Stars: 5
College: Notre Dame
DSFL Team: Dallas
Bio: This kid is a top level route runner and one of the best in the game. While he may not be the best in the deep game he is able to make the cuts and routes as he’s someone with the talent level of legends like Nate Swift and Saba Donut. For a player that’s not from the US he has shown himself to be one of the most underrated players in the league and one of the quietest from a media standard. The future looks bright for this kid out of Notre Dame

(I counted everything after the explanation. words is around 206-212)

6)
There are so many players we can argue for as being the greatest of all time of the entire league. Marquise Brown, Forest Gump, etc all have a bite just for greatest Running Backs by them selves. When it comes to league goats I think there is a certain QB who can step up and have a fair shot about it if you just mention their name. I’m talking about League Veteran, South Dakota QB Coach, and Wyoming Offensive coordinator extraordinaire. Joilet christ. Just looking at the name you have to understand how good this player will be as he literally shares the last name as Jesus. Joilet Was drafted into the DSFL in season for the Portland Pythons. After a solid DSFL season the San Jose Sabercats picked him up with an extremely high 4th overall pick. QBs almost never go in the top 10 let alone the 4th overall pick. After being selected like all League QBs he started beasting in the DSFL for a couple more season, but then it happened. San Jose needed a new quarter back and they needed a new one now. In Joilets first season he struggled to find his rhythm all season including the team itself and falling to 1-13 record. Joilet has nearly double the picks than TDs. Not really a goat season right? Next season would change everything. While Joilet wasn’t extremely high on yards he went from throwing INTs to throwing touchdowns. Finishing with a 24/13 TD ratio. Not bad for a sophomore QB. He would continue to get better and dominate even making 2 straight Ultimus’s and winning one of them. We don’t talk about the other one it never happened. Joilet Christ would keep pushing until S18 where he announced his retirement from the sport and 2 weeks later announced he got a coaching job at his Alma Mater South Dakota. Joilet would finish with all major stats except INTs in the top ten total. I think he deserves to be one of the goats of the league. But what about other positions? CBs, Safety’s? How about WRs because I don’t know much about defensive history. Wide Receivers come in go. Many fading into the irrelevancy of a bad team or just not living up to the Hype. But I have 2 modern names who I could 100% argue deserve goat status. The first one being Nate Swift out of Yellowknife. He might only be a Season 15 player but god lemme tell you how good this guy has been even nowadays when he’s behind some of the younger guys. He’s continuously been great at what he does as a Wide Receiver and sadly might be retiring come Ultimus.