International Simulation Football League
* A Discussion About Quarterbacks - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: * A Discussion About Quarterbacks (/showthread.php?tid=3147)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

* A Discussion About Quarterbacks - Bzerkap - 08-09-2017

(08-09-2017, 05:08 AM)tlk742 Wrote:One thing I'm looking at in power rankings is the line, or basically how much of a liability that is.

Something that stands out for me is that only one person has single digit sacks, and the bottom 3 all have 20+.  Is there a sign that those 3 cannot throw on the run?  Also how is their run game support? (Actually I know this one, great, great, bad).
Yea the line is definitely a large part of it. However, it's also on the QB to get rid of the ball, ideally so stats do count against him.

Also, how far back does the QB takes sacks? Is his average depth of sack higher or lower than average? I'll be exploring this later.

Unfortunately I don't think the sim really throws balls away. They either try and throw to the receiver or get sacked.

I'll also be exploring how these stats line up with QB TPE, OL TPE and WR/TE TPE. I'll also probably add in drops somehow. Those shouldn't count against the QB

* A Discussion About Quarterbacks - 124715 - 08-09-2017

(08-09-2017, 08:28 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:A lot of bullshit but the rankings are real.

It was just a way to introduce the basics of QB stats and the critical sack stat that I made up while also providing a real QB ranking.

There will be more articles later with advanced metrics discussing who is the best

I don't know that sacks should count against the QB. Some teams have horrid OL, which lets pressure get to their QB. Sacks are the stat here that's most dependent on supporting cast.

(08-09-2017, 07:11 AM)124715 Wrote:I don't know that sacks should count against the QB. Some teams have horrid OL, which lets pressure get to their QB. Sacks are the stat here that's most dependent on supporting cast.
It's true, but it's also on the QB to get rid of the ball. I'll be analyzing OL later and seeing how to factor it in

* A Discussion About Quarterbacks - 124715 - 08-09-2017

(08-09-2017, 09:23 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:It's true, but it's also on the QB to get rid of the ball. I'll be analyzing OL later and seeing how to factor it in

Yeah, that will be good. Sacks relative to OL.

* A Discussion About Quarterbacks - 7hawk77 - 08-09-2017

I loved everything about this.

Well done!

(08-09-2017, 08:29 AM)7hawk77 Wrote:I loved everything about this.

Well done!
Thanks! A nice supportive comment is good to hear as opposed to @DeathOnReddit and @ADwyer87's sass!

* A Discussion About Quarterbacks - 7hawk77 - 08-09-2017

In Lieu of this article, as a non-management Sabercats player, I would like to propose a trade of Ethan Hunt for Logan Noble + Jonathan Saint.

I think this is probably fair, he is the best QB in the league after all... Rolleyes

* A Discussion About Quarterbacks - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 08-09-2017

(08-09-2017, 06:43 AM)124715 Wrote:I don't know what I just read

Mainly a bunch of fluff to artificially inflate a word count

(08-09-2017, 08:52 AM)JBLAZE_THE_BOSS Wrote:Mainly a bunch of fluff to artificially inflate a word count
WOW how dare you sir!

To be honest I wasn't going for fluff. I was going for a conversational type piece that just ended up being a lot of fluff lol. My other articles will be much more bare bones. They'll also be in the Statistical Analysis section. Thanks for reading regardless

* A Discussion About Quarterbacks - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 08-09-2017

(08-09-2017, 09:54 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:WOW how dare you sir!

To be honest I wasn't going for fluff. I was going for a conversational type piece that just ended up being a lot of fluff lol. My other articles will be much more bare bones. They'll also be in the Statistical Analysis section. Thanks for reading regardless

:lol: :lol: Everyone please take notes, this is how you are supposed to handle constructive criticism. Bzerkap you're A-OK in my book.