International Simulation Football League
(S30) Offseason Point Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S30) Offseason Point Task (/showthread.php?tid=33328)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Kotasa - 07-05-2021

This my big old list of thanks starting from when I can remember, if I forget anyone I'm sorry

@TheCCgotta start with the dude who held my hand throughout scouting, and though bathroom TVs are something I don't have so I understand not getting picked by you I think everything worked how they were supposed to.

@mithrandir and @SwankyPants31 for bringing me into Tijuana, this place means more to me than anything and the friendships I've forged in this LR are priceless.

Speaking of friendships I gotta shout out my class mates from S25, @"Punter715" (and a special shoutout to @"ShnarlyDude" for the meet up, thanks for the ride homie) @deadlunatic and @GuitarMaster116, you guys are the reason I'm so active. When scouting I said I had 0 plans to be a max earner but you guys helped to push me and it's crazy to see where we all ended up. S25 best S.

@GuitarMaster116 I'm double tagging you cause of our GM stint together in Tijuana, I'm sorry we couldn't get you blue but you'll easily get yellow. You were amazing in Tijuana with me and thank you for everything there.

@Ben @PaytonM34 @Beaver @TomHanks @FleshBagSoup @slothfacekilla the Tijuana elders who helped and continue to make Tijuana special to this day. 

Some other S25 people to shoutout include

@katarn22 and @Crunk my london homies when we spent a week refreshing, stalking, and calculating when the draft was happening so we could get the best mock draft we could. That was some of the most fun I've ever had in this league and you guys were a huge part of it.

@Jimi64 Thank you for being constantly being upbeat and positive

@zaynzk for your draft night special

@209tacos for some of if not the best graphics the league has seen

@slate and @Mojojojo for your large brains and while I feel dumb around you guys I am happy to have gotten to know the both of you over the past year or so.

There are many others I should be thanking here like my SJS and AZ teammates but I can't just mass tag those people but I appreciate a lot more than this know that.

I went back to edit this and I'm just gonna tag people I'm thankful for from here on out since I already hit the word count but don't wanna make people feel bad or nothing

@Daybe @White Cornerback @Drizzy @Exilate @dude_man @j00 @wuma @KezKincaid @"CommishDrip" @Rufio_NZ @Tonzy @RDBSouthPaw @Augustus von Heimlich @Hordle @platanocat @ReverendOReily @.simo @Swanty @abh89 @Dp-420 @Blasoon @CalvinGolladay @Amulos @Dewalt27 @zeagle1 @Z-Whiz 

That ain't everyone but it's all I could come up with thank you everyone else in this league for making it fun.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - nunccoepi - 07-05-2021

There are a lot of users who I credit with making my experience in the league a very positive one. First, I'm very grateful that @AsylumParty happened to post in the one of the most obscure places, the comments section of fleaflicker (a fantasy football forum), because it brought me to the site. I believe he was the one to approve my first create, Verso L'Alto, as well -- despite my typical rookie mistakes. Then, I credit @PDXBaller for really giving me a warm welcome and making the league exciting for me in some of the earliest and darkest days of the DSFL, even though I never did play for his Pythons. I credit @PaytonM34 with helping me fall in love with the Tijuana Luchadores and his invitation to be a co-GM was what really locked me in. (and @Ben and @Beaver's love for the lucha really put us over the top). Then, of course, there is @iseedoug. We were an incredible GMing team and wreaked havoc on the DSFL and I think we did a bang up job in the ISFL as well. We got along super well and truly 90% of the credit for our successes go to him and the python code he developed, known as QuickKetchup. Perhaps we'll win another ring together some day, at least as players. I'm also grateful to @timeconsumer too for all of his help in learning the sim. And then I was welcomed into the ISFL with open arms, both by the Hawks and by the Colorado Yeti, two great organizations which I am proud to have been a part of. For that I have a lot of people to be grateful for, including @HENDRIX 2.0, @iamslm22, @manicmav36, @ItsJustBarry, @Frick_Nasty, @woelkers, @SchwarzNarr, @IsaStarcrossed and @Sylphreni. I've also been very grateful and blessed to be a small part of the leadership of this league, at least at the DSFL level. And although I know I get under the skin of probably every HO member, I'm grateful for all of them because I know they have only the best of intentions for the league and give selflessly of themselves, far more than the league probably deserves. So thanks to all of them, and to @bex for giving me the opportunity and keeping me on. And on that front, I'm especially grateful for the cooperation, teamwork, and patience of @Ephensstaand @TomHanks in DSFL HO. You all have been some great teammates, and @.simo too because although he's a newer add to the team, he's already added quite a lot and has been a great addition.

<3
ok now none of yall better be multis or ima look real dumb

Also edit to say I'm only half way grateful to ben and beaver (and probably even Payton too iirc) because they were part of the doot doot team that ruined some great Hawks runs. So whatever

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - ztarwarz - 07-05-2021

I'm going to dispense with the pings, because otherwise it'd be all too easy to just fill the entire screen with them.

First, I want to thank the guys who drafted me, Unicorn and Qwest. As a new user, it'd have been easy to get lost in the shuffle of high quality creates and recreates in the S25 draft, and I'm forever grateful that you two took a chance on me.

I want to thank the guys who made my stay in the Portland Locker Room so great while that was my main place; Zeagle, Arkz, and Southpaw. I'm sorry we couldn't manage to do anything in the playoffs while we were there, but it was a pleasure all the same.

I want to thank my current GMs, Crunk and Zwhiz, for being so great and keeping people engaged despite our inability to win a playoff game. I know it's as much a drain on you guys as it is on me.

I want to thank my fellow All Pro team creators, who have helped my enjoyment of the league and have helped me take out my annoyance with awards with something a bit more productive.

I want to thank my Arizona teammates, who have stayed despite the poor luck, and helped to create a powerhouse on the field. To those who make our core so strong right now, like Xtri, Kotasa, Stennet, Bobman, and Hotdog, to those who were here before, like Cue, Donut, Unicorn, and Moosecop, and to those who will be great in the future, like Pib, Dankoa, H0ppy, and LSUFan, you help make Arizona a great place to play and a great place to hang.

And finally, I want to thank the rest of my S25 rookie class, for being the shot in the arm for the league, and also the shot in the arm for my bank account. Without you the league wouldn't be where it is today, and I wouldn't have over 250 million dollars in fake cash.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - KingSean - 07-05-2021

I am a  quiet person in my everyday life, so it is really exciting to join the league with some friends together. Mojojojo and Slate have been my friends for a long time, and as the COVID-19 hit, Slate convinced both jojojo and me to join the football league to have some fun. I need to thank them both so much for guiding me through the process. It was the first time for me to join a simulation-based league to play games, so you could imagine that I encountered difficulties in nearly everything. I did not know how to create a player page, how to update players' attributes, where to watch games, what the player development strategies are, and well, basically everything. Slate and Mojojojo are so effective in figuring out everything and so helpful that they always tell me what to do when I have questions. I would have given up hundreds of times had I not got their help. In the league, I also got help from the GMs of Pythons and Sailfish. My player Mario Messi did an amazing job in the DSFL, winning the best WR of the year twice. The Pythons players should get a lot of credits for my awards - I got amazing WR build suggestions from the teammates and the GM on the very first day. Their suggestions turned out to work amazingly well. When my player encountered difficulties in Hawks, my old friends Mojojojo and Slate helped me again to transfer me to Sailfish. I am grateful for my friends' help in my difficult times and the Hawks GM's willingness of letting me go. In Sailfish, I enjoyed the process of watching and winning games with the amazing teammates. I felt a great atmosphere in the team, as everyone trains hard and cares about the outcomes of the games. While I did not speak much in the locker room, I got great suggestions from GM and other teammates for the player build. I am working towards that goal and hopefully, I can contribute more to the team as my player reaches the peak of his career.

Words: 355

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Skindog44 - 07-05-2021

Off season PT

So with this PT it's going to be pretty much all birddog since this was my first season in the ISFL and so I would definitely have to say that the general manager that recruited me and brought me into the Dallas birddogs @ZootTX. With a special shout out to @Asked Madden, who was my original scout before the draft that recruited me to the Dallas bird dogs. my experience with the burdocks has been nothing but positive. the group of folks in the locker room are fantastic with guys like @hexify, and @r0tzbua, @zaynzk, and the whole crew. It makes popping into the Dallas clubhouse each day very entertaining and fun. being part of a simulation league in the pbe I understand the importance of sort of that first impression you have coming into a league because it could be a huge factor in whether or not you continue and give it all you got. when I first joined the pbe there was a particular fella that was helpful and phenomenal with a great attitude that just made the league 100% better. he is very well-liked guy across the league, and I could definitely say that this squad has many of the same qualities that I gravitated towards when joining the simulation league. I put a lot of work and effort into my media and the fellas in Dallas are absolutely supportive and seem to have a really good time with what I bring to the table. We had a good run in this last season, but I can already tell I'm very excited to run it back from next season, if we get to keep even the majority of the fellows in the locker room here. People join these discord leagues to escape the realities and have a good time joke and just overall be loose and Dallas is 100% welcoming. I would recommend the organization at any upcoming rookie; it is a very well-run ship in is a good crew to just have a chat with each day. To all the guys I tagged above and the guys i just couldn't find your forum name as well lol  thank you for brining me in and showing me what the ISFL has to offer, keep up the great work !!! Go Bird Dogs. 

Code:

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - cjmccarley - 07-05-2021

It's been a fun three seasons in the DSFL for me and my player. This league honestly ended up being more fun than I initially thought it would be when I joined, and I owe that all to the people I spent those seasons with! 

1.) @WhatAmUs

This absolute stud of a man and GM made a huge impact on my time in this league. Not only did he bring me onto the Kansas City Coyotes, but he enhanced my and everyone else's enjoyment in the locker room significantly just by being there. It's hard to imagine seeing a message from WAU and not smiling, especially after his face reveal and the birth of our very own WAU discord emote. I'm very happy with his time as our GM and I hope he continues to find success in his future front office roles! 

2.) @frazzle14 

Another absolute stud here acting as the KCC Co-GM. This Scottish-accented legend helped add me to this Kansas City team and added to the fun locker room all the same as WhatAmUs. From locker-room chatting to voice chatting on game nights, this man also enhanced all the Coyotes' locker room experiences. I remember on DSFL draft night when I was selected to KCC hearing that frazzle said I was his favorite scouting chat of that offseason and he was happy I fell to them. Online simulation league as it may be, hearing that someone just enjoyed their time talking to me made me happy. I'm also happy with his time as a KCC GM and hope he finds success in the future all the same. 

3.) @124715 

I can't count the amount of questions I've asked and amount of advice I've received from this young legend. He's never reluctant to help with my stupid player-build questions in the locker room or DMs and he's got a strong emote game to go with it. The only issue I have with him is how often he uses an emote that I can't also use and it makes me feel left out. Never the less, "numbers" is an absolute blast to be around and after spending some time with him as a fellow Kansas City Coyote and Packers fan, I can't say I would've liked this league as much without him. 

Special shoutouts to @noanic, @Buttersqauch101, @GlimsTC, and all the other Coyotes who have blessed the locker room with their presence because it's been a blast getting on discord and looking forward to see what shenanigans everyone's up too in the locker room.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - zeagle1 - 07-05-2021

Well, my first thank you goes out to south! When I first created off the back of the S24 R/NFL post, I had literally no clue what I was doing and really struggled with even the most basic things like updating and doing PTs. On top of all this, I was far too stubborn to ask a rookie mentor for help, much less post in the main discord for help. South would take the time to message me and check in on me. Whenever I had a question, no matter how dumb or obvious the answer was, he'd always respond right away and help me. There's a pretty solid chance I would have been IA before the draft if it wasn't for him.

My Second thank you goes out to qWest for randomly drafting me because I had an Eagles render! I remember my time as a Python very fondly, and without qWest teaching me how to sim test, I would never had gotten involved in the league like I am now. qWest's mentorship and continual guidance in the war room has been a huge part of the success that Portland has had (in the regular season) over the last five or so seasons.

Finally, I'd like to thank Z and Crunk for drafting me to Arizona and making the team so much fun to be on. I always knew that I wanted to be drafted to Arizona, and these guys made it happen. Arizona may have some playoff sim luck curse, but there isn't a single other team in the league I would possibly want to play on. Arizona is a dope LR full of awesome guys, far too many to thank here (so Z and Crunk get all the credit, like always), but Maybe we'll finally get over the hump and win the big one this season Smile

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - KenitohMenara - 07-05-2021

In my time in the ISFL, there are so many people I could thank who have supported me and helped me in my journey. There are two groups of people in particular that I really feel deserve highlighting here.

First things first is my first ISFL locker room, the Dallas Birddogs. At the time I had only been in one other sim league at the time so I was naturally nervous, however the Birddog locker room was filled with excellent people that I am so happy to call my friends. @iStegosauruz was the best GM a man could ask for when joining the league. Guys like @Amidships @Kyamprac and @r0tzbua were some of the best mentors and friends I could asked for when I was just starting out.

Then I had my mental breakdown thanks to the outbreak and I had to take a break from the league but after I got my life back together and came back, I was greeted with some new friends and some new excellent mentors on the Minnesota Grey Ducks. @RussDrivesTheBus and @Crodyman are guys I would run through a wall for, they helped me every step of way and were just so kind and considerate. They gave me a chance and I am so glad I was able to run with it. Front office guys @DarknessRising, @Gragg9 and @Dewalt27 are some of the best guys I've met in sim leagues. I truly believe that I have been blessed with two great DSFL locker rooms to have been a part of.

And of course, no thank you thread of mine could be complete without the man himself, @Frick_Nasty, the man who brought me here in the first place. Still an amazing guy who I thankful to have met, if it wasn't for him, I would have never met any of these great people and quite frankly, that would have been the biggest shame of my life. 

Thank you guys, Thank you ISFL. For everything!

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Drizzy - 07-05-2021

Gonna focus on the recent history, ie the stuff since I recreated because it’s more relevant etc etc

First and biggest shoutout has to go to my main homie @Kotasa

The dude is just impossible to dislike and quickly become proly my favorite dude in the whole league. He went to bat for me with different teams in both the DSFL draft with Tijuana and the ISFL draft with Arizona, and it’s something I’m insanely grateful for. Hope I paid back the faith with the seasons in Tijuana and can’t wait for us to share the field in AZ and make this defense something to be terrified of. 

Gotta give a shoutout to everyone who’s made the Tijuana LR a super fun place to hang out. There’s so many guys in there I’d never had the chance to talk to before but always thought seemed cool and I’m glad I wasn’t wrong about that. Too many to
name you all but will try a few off the top of my head;  @GuitarMaster116 @slothfacekilla @SwankyPants31 @deadlunatic @Exilate @wuma @TomHanks @KezKincaid

You’re all great people and just wanted to say thanks for giving me the most enjoyable LR experience I’ve had during my time in the league

Need to shout out my Arizona guys real quick too, haven’t been around long but I’ve loved what I’ve seen so far and I’m glad that Marcus’ career is in the hands of such a competent front office (by which I mean @Crunk and not @Z-Whiz ) and management group. Really excited for what’s gonna come next, hopefully my player helps get you guys over the hump and winning the cup you've deserved for a long time; should be a fun career regardless and I’m hyped to get started with the big team this season. Thanks also to anyone I’ve talked to over the last couple seasons, you’re all good people and should be proud of what you bring to the league

Code:
326 words

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Opera_Phantom - 07-05-2021

I met a few people that had a positive impact on my, let us call it life, even if we are just considering the in game part of this, as i do not know anyone in real life that is a part of the ISFL. I will definitely forget a lot of great users, but bear with me, it's a lot.

Starting off with the first person i talked in the league, @SabaDonutMan, that decided (with @Toasty) to take a gamble in an unknown portuguese dude that got here god knows why or how. Fun times we had those 3 seasons in Portland, getting upset because they forgot to update Cue stats in the sim, so he was missing a lot of TPE for the sims. Great stuff.

The giant Season 18 class really helped me in the beginning, those discord channels were flashing every couple seconds, i really think we helped change the league for better. We already a lost a few legendary members, like @BaconBrother and @Dylandeluxe, just to name 2, i miss them dearly, even though we still talk every once in a while.

Then we get to the Arizona Outlaws phase, where i spent most of my time here. @SwagSloth, @Moosecop, @Drizzy, @Unicorn, @BRNXB0MBERS, @CalvinGolladay, @zeagle1 and yes, even Zamir! So many great players and users. Even though the results were not exactly what we wanted, we certainly did the best we could and had fun while doing it. And @"DGarrett32", do your tasks damn it!

Outside the locker room, all the Bankers make the job easy, great atmosphere. The player progression team, fantastic group of people, except for @MrStennett of course, he knows.

The Yellowknife Wraiths roster, i am still getting to know people, but they are a very welcoming bunch, i already feel at home.

In the end, i just wanna thank @Z-Whiz and @Crunk. We just have a great and solid relationship, i bet they're gonna name their kids Jay and Cue.

(329 words)