International Simulation Football League
Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Ultimus Neutral Site Game (/showthread.php?tid=3494)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - TimPest - 08-20-2017

(08-19-2017, 02:00 PM)kckolbe Wrote:I might be saying it as a proposed rule for S3 and beyond.  I completely understand keeping it as is for this year.

i think that better. how would u get stats. average of 10 games of stats?

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - 4D Chess - 08-20-2017

Starting in S3: What about a simple 3 game series? I don't think home field should be important still and there should be an incentive to get it. 3 games keeps it exciting without it dragging on and being too unrealistic. Just alternate home field, if the team with the worse record wants the championship then they need to beat the top team in the league at home. Makes sense to me.

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Admin - 08-20-2017

(08-20-2017, 11:24 AM)4D Chess Wrote:Starting in S3: What about a simple 3 game series? I don't think home field should be important still and there should be an incentive to get it. 3 games keeps it exciting without it dragging on and being too unrealistic. Just alternate home field, if the team with the worse record wants the championship then they need to beat the top team in the league at home. Makes sense to me.
It's not something the sim allows. So it would have to be two exhibition games and then the real game. I'm not sure if you can even change who the home team is in the championship but maybe @ErMurazor can weight in. Regardless, when looking back at records and stats it would only track the actual championship game and not any of the other games being discussed here

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - White Cornerback - 08-20-2017

Personally I don't think we should change the system, I've seen a previous comment that claims this suggestions is because "THEY WONT HAVE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE HURR DURR" but in reality it's far from the truth. Yes homefield advantage is a little too strong, but as ER said making it a series takes away from the any given SIMDAY aspect, as it stand teams compete to get home field advantage. As Herm Edwards would say " YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" and that's what teams do here. HOPEFULLY the new sim engine is compatible with our current league and they have toned down the homefield advantage aspect as well as making the super bowl a neutral ground, but until then I think we stick with what we have.

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Bzerkap - 08-20-2017

Making it a series takes away from any given Sunday a bit. I think homefield advantage already is a huge detriment to any given Sunday. The home team wins almost 80% of the time

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - 4D Chess - 08-20-2017

(08-20-2017, 12:26 PM)Ballerstorm Wrote:It's not something the sim allows. So it would have to be two exhibition games and then the real game. I'm not sure if you can even change who the home team is in the championship but maybe @ErMurazor can weight in. Regardless, when looking back at records and stats it would only track the actual championship game and not any of the other games being discussed here

Ahh yeah that's not ideal...

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - ErMurazor - 08-20-2017

(08-20-2017, 11:26 AM)Ballerstorm Wrote:It's not something the sim allows. So it would have to be two exhibition games and then the real game. I'm not sure if you can even change who the home team is in the championship but maybe @ErMurazor can weight in. Regardless, when looking back at records and stats it would only track the actual championship game and not any of the other games being discussed here

There were just have to be a lot of things we'd have to figure out regarding stats and all of that.

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - tlk742 - 08-20-2017

How strong is home field advantage?

If the Yeti and the Liberty played 20 games, 10 at home, 10 away each. And the outlaws and the cats did the same what would the difference be? I'd love to see the data.

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Bzerkap - 08-20-2017

@tlk742 this is what I wrote earlier. I could test homefield and stuff later though

(08-18-2017, 02:31 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:Team | Home | Away
Wraiths | 5-0 | 2-4
Hawks | 6-0 | 1-4
Yeti | 4-0 | 2-5
Liberty | 3-2 | 1-4
Outlaws | 6-0 | 2-2
Otters | 4-1 | 2-4
SabreCats | 3-3 | 0-5
Legion | 1-5 | 1-4

Home Win % = 74.4 | Away Win % = 25.6

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - tlk742 - 08-21-2017

I am going to question those numbers. The sample size is tiny and the variables are many.

By this sample it's every team plays each team once at home and once away. The legion playing the outlaws is a much different game in terms of talent than the yeti playing the liberty.