International Simulation Football League
(S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor (/showthread.php?tid=36103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - fever95 - 11-08-2021

SHL Affiliation

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - KaleSalad - 11-08-2021

SHL Affiliation

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - UberBJ - 11-08-2021

WSBL Affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - TubbyTim69 - 11-08-2021

Listen here young whipper snapper, Nothing is more important than grades. It doesn't matter if you run for 350 yards a game. Eventually over time you will need your knowledge more than your athletic abilities. Life after football is a complicated one. You go from being elite to average. Outside of football people judge you on your knowledge and character. Football is a gem where you're always 1 play away from your career being over. You stop playing you stop making money. You always need a Plan A, Plan B and a Plan C. If Plan A is football then fine, But what happens when Plan A doesn't work? What if a school doesn't sign you because of grades now what? GO flip burgers at McDonlads? You need grades in order to play college football and once you're there, Guess what.... They only care about grades. You flunk you dont play. You don't play you dont get paid. Stay in School and get good grades and life will be easy. DO the hard part now and set yourself up for an easy life.

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - KC15 - 11-08-2021

Ok, Freddie, I understand that you want to be a professional athlete like me.  Maybe even be a QB on an ISFL team.  That’s great.  People are going to tell you that the odds are stacked against you … because they are.  There are a TON of people with extreme talent who do not make it to the pros.  There are a lot of obstacles along the way and that’s why you’ve got to get every edge you can.  One of those edges is your education. 

Two things here:  Getting good grades in school proves to your coach that you have the drive in all aspects of your life that gives them confidence in giving you playing time.  That you’ll perform not just on the field, but as a leader in the locker room.  And you get to college and don’t perform in the classroom?  How long do you think you’ll stay on the team? 

Second thing:  You can’t be dumb and expect to play professional football.  You know how many different plays and schemes you have to memorize and know frontwards and backwards?  Not just as a QB either.  Linemen aren’t dumb either.  There are so many blocking schemes.  They need to know what to do when the defense blitzes up the middle vs on the outside – LB or DB?  And the list goes on and on.  Working hard in school and getting good grades trains your mind for that kind of thing.

You are going to be competing with a lot of other guys for your starting spot on the squad.  You need both your body and your brain trained to perfection.  You want to compete against these other guys with only half of what God gave you?  Good luck!

Code:
292 words

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - g2019 - 11-08-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - takethehorizon - 11-08-2021

SHL Affiliate Link

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - GuitarMaster116 - 11-08-2021

If I had to sit down with a young relative of mine who looked up to me and what my players have done, I would basically try and keep it real to them. I know parents and relatives like to presure family and kids to do there best in school, to get a good job, and stuff like that. They mean well by it as they just (usually) want there kids to have a good life and be comfortable. But I still think that kids should have dreams to try and reach for, even if they fail it is still worth it to learn from it. Plus if the kid ends up actually becoming a professional player then he will make more money than he ever would have with a degree. But at the same time football is a physical sport and turns peoples brains into mush so I would still yell at the kid to get his shit together and study a bit more. They need something to fall back on in case they fail or even if they succeed they need some brain power left after the football years.

Code:
Word Count: 191

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Dextaria - 11-08-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Vulfzilla - 11-08-2021

SHL PT#1 Affiliate