International Simulation Football League
(S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap (/showthread.php?tid=39190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Twenty6 - 05-02-2022

I'll go with the DSFL side of things since I'm more familiar with the class... not that the decision comes any easier with how many people we have.

Rookies of the Year

On the defensive side, I think the race will be between CB Graham Harper and LB Kevin McThumper.  With INTs being the flashier stat, Harper possibly edges out McThumper.  For offense, I see the frontrunners being WR Austin Morley and RB Jarvis Harbinger-Marjin.  I think WR Don Dobbler could be in the mix, but with KCC's stacked WR position, I see that offense being more pass-heavy than TIJ, so Morley may get more targets than Dobbler.  Between Morley and JHM, though, is a tough call.  The decision may come down to who gets more TDs.  In that vein, I'll lean toward Morley as KCC could rack up a bunch of points.

Best Draft

Without delving into team rosters, thus not taking team needs into account, I think Norfolk had the best draft.  They got great players on both sides of the ball with their first five picks, making their draft very well-rounded.  Many other teams' selections were offensive- or defensive-heavy.

Biggest Steal

I don't even know how to choose one.  Here's a list, throw a dart:
OL Trigger Robinson
WR Mandrews McHollywood
DT Joseph Reed
DE Mike Scott
LB Walter McKinley
CB Tae Dawson

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - CptGoosar - 05-02-2022

Well I have to say, as the GM of Portland, that we the Portland Pythons had the best draft of any teams either in the ISFL or DSFL. We were able to snag some amazing user in this Reddit class, both new users and recreates. In our first two picks we were able to select both XaveValor / DreamSloth & Ulaire, these users have a very very bright feature ahead of them in the league. They could multiple awards come the awards stream by the end of the season, taking the OPotY / DPotY award / RotY award / Positional awards and even the highly converted MOP awards. We also were able to snag some great recreates in Suggs / Van to name but a few.

This really is such an exciting class for Portland and we can’t wait to see what the future beings. 

I would also like to say that any of the new users have the potential to win any award, this class has been amazing so far and really does show that the future of the league is very very bright indeed.

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - GuitarMaster116 - 05-02-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Rusfan - 05-02-2022

It is of no question in my mind that the Kansas City Coyotes easily won the S35 Developmental Simulation Football League draft. One glance at the TPE totals the day after the first updates of the season should tell you that. 3 of the top 5 players in TPE in the class are Coyotes. 5 of the top 10 are the same. Norfolk is in 2nd with 2, no other team has more than 1. Kansas City has suddenly acquired a loaded offense, with 4 top wide receivers slotting in with the promise of maxing out by year 2. Even if one or two of them get called up quickly that still leaves 2 of the best receivers in the DSFL.
The biggest steal of the draft is also of no question in my opinion. Mandrews McHollywood was the 6th receiver taken in the 7th round at pick number 53. Offensive players almost always fall but there were not 52 better players in this class.
(165 words)

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Bayley - 05-02-2022

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=25548&view=findpost&p=448603

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Z-Whiz - 05-02-2022

In my completely unbiased opinion, I believe that the Arizona Outlaws had the best draft in the ISFL. They didn't have the most draft capital and were picking towards the end of the rounds due to their (albeit) short playoff run. They were able to snag Outlaw Mode Sicko with the 11oa pick. Now, while he was 21st in TPE it may look like a reach at first. But, once you take into account he was not a TDL create, and instead created after the Ultimus to ensure his corpse could have one more run at not making a Pro Bowl. He succeeded by the way. Then it came to the 2nd round where Arizona was picking at 25oa. Options were looking slim and prospects were drying up. So Arizona decided to trade up with Austin (who had to use their 2nd rounder on a GM) to snag Swantavius Torch. Both Sicko and Torch are recreates familiar with Arizona and got great value in where they ended up in the draft.

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - BRNXB0MBERS - 05-02-2022

PT Pass

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Eldorian - 05-02-2022

PBE PT

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Jangorhino - 05-02-2022

[Image: PT1.png]

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - br0_0ker - 05-02-2022

Any time you can draft to fill your biggest position of need while also getting the best player in the draft means you instantly win the draft. I am talking, of course, about the Sarasota Sailfish and their selection of Swantavius King. Forget defense, offensive skill players won't barely see any targets/snaps, let alone make a lasting impact. Kicker, however, is a position that is not necessarily dictated by high TPE level, rather hitting a baseline threshold to be playable and then being given the starting opportunity are the barriers to success for a rookie kicker. King meets both conditions, and goes to a team with one of the highest scoring offenses of the S34 season. Their predecessor, Rainbow Dash, had the most extra points made/attempted last season, and while Dash made ten less field goals overall than the leading kicker in S34, King enters the S35 season ahead of where Dash entered the S34 season in regard to TPE, giving them very good odds to improve on the team's overall accuracy versus the previous year. All this culminates in a rookie season where King could end in the 120-150 points scored range, whereas the top offensive rookie of S34 was in the sub-60 point range. Given there isn't a sudden fall off in the Sarasota offense, I don't see how any other rookie even has an argument at rookie of the year, and if I were to make a forecast to the future, I'd double down further and say King will retire the Sailfish all-time leading scorer. Not bad for 10th overall.