International Simulation Football League
(S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been (/showthread.php?tid=46264)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - Dextaria - 07-10-2023

Beniri T'Chawama looks back and always wonders what could have been had he just trained a little harder. T'Chawama was never the most dedicated of players. While he always made sure to attend weekly training sessions, he often missed the seasonal coaching that other players got during the offseason, as well as he did occasionally miss a training session or two. This kind of behaviour kind of spiraled his career and resulted in a shorter length of time in the league due to his lack or conditioning and training. Had Beniri tried as hard as some other players in the league with regards to this aspect, he definitely could have been a the top of the pancake leaderboard for longer and be remembered as one of the best offensive lineman of all time. His career looking back now is definitely nothing to be ashamed of now, but there is always the question of what could have been for the now old T'Chawama.

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - AW13 - 07-10-2023

PBE PT

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - Jay_Doctor - 07-10-2023

I'd say the biggest change in Troy Barnes' career was easily him making the switch from wide receiver to offensive lineman. At the time, it was really all about doing what was best for the team and opening a WR spot for someone younger and more excited about their player. Troy Barnes was never going to be that WR1 type of player who would lead his team to greatness. He was much more attuned to being playing second or third fiddle. It really is a miracle what came next. Troy Barnes proceeded to rip of 4 straight excellent seasons in his new position, earning a ton of accolades and having a game with 18 pancakes and no sacks given up. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe someone said that was the 5th best OL performance at the time. Troy Barnes having such a renaissance late in his career almost makes me regret not creating as an OL. It would have been really interesting to see if he played at that level every year of his career or it was the biggest fluke in the ISFL.

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - RobJG2 - 07-10-2023

Reflecting on one of my biggest hurdles in my life and also football life was getting thrown off the football team my freshmen year at Syracuse. You see back then I had a real bad temper. When you are the star player in high school and think your untouchable that can go to one's head and man did it ever go to mine. I walked on to the practice field and was having a good Ol 'time. Nothing bets the sound of pads hitting. Towards the end of training camp leading to the spring game we were running our last play and I have been lighting up this receiver all day then it was his turn I got too cocky, and he licked me good. I didn't appreciate that; I throw my helmet off and just start throwing punches. What a dumb move that was. Coach threw my off the team immediately and my hand was killing me. After a reality checked I quickly realized I belong on the field and I and the talent to be on the field I just need to stop make dumb decisions. I had to show coach that I was truly sorry and wanted to earn my spot back. Freshman year was rough for me, coach agreed to allow me back on team after I completed some community service and sat out half the season. I almost lost it all over a bone-headed move

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - Reedy0rNot - 07-10-2023

SHL affiliate

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - Weaves - 07-10-2023

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - electrictree - 07-10-2023

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=131782&pid=3387190#pid3387190

SHL affiliate

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - slumped64 - 07-10-2023

Definitely the biggest hole in the road for me was my position switch back in high school. I was a standout outside linebacker, having been on pace to break the school record for tackles. But then my junior year, someone from another school transferred, their position? Outside linebacker. During the 1st game of the season, I was having a rough game, so coach decided to bench me for the transfer. The transfer had a massive game and earned the starting spot. I thought that this would be it. My career is over. The next day at practice, the offensive coordinator pulled me aside and told me that he wanted to try me out on offense. Reluctantly, I obliged, being a little hesitant about this change, having strictly played defense for the past few years. I started taking snaps at Fullback, and started getting a feel for the spot quickly. Soon, the offensive coordinator started giving me more and more reps at Fullback as I produced very quickly. Even though I started getting reps on offense, I wished I could go back to my original love, outside linebacker.

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - lemonoppy - 07-10-2023

Thomas Sutha only knows change when it comes to football, having switched to the game in high school from a promising baseball career and finding his way as a walk on to a Stanford team that didn't learn how to use him until a change in the coaching staff.

Having swapped positions at each level of football he's played at, Thomas didn't think of it as anything unusual when the managers of the Ducks approached him about swapping to the offensive side of the ball, reciever, not corner back.

Sutha was just off of a pair of 6 PD games, leading the league and seeing a bright future in front of him, but he saw the lack of players and knew he could trust his GMs about how they saw him and how he would fit in in their system.

Now leading rookie recievers in yards per game, the league in yards per catch, Thomas is glad he had the good fortune to play for a great team and managers, especially as the scouts come calling.

RE: (S42) PT #5 - What Could Have Been - Jimi64 - 07-10-2023

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=32073&view=findpost&p=603204

PBE affiliate