International Simulation Football League
(S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? (/showthread.php?tid=46927)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - DoubleDub - 08-07-2023

I think we need a halftime show of other little dots performing songs, I think the dot choreography would be fantastic. They could even arrange themselves into Morse code words to spell out the name of the home team or some other message like 'Fire Baz' or 'Gibson is a bust'.

Could also go for some fake adverts in between games, all dot themed of course. In reality I just want us to embrace the dots more.

A serious answer, I would like if at least one stream a week had some commentary. It would just bring a bit more personality to the sim, slow the dots down and let them do some word smithing. I know it would be tough because they are just dots, but it would be good so that you don't have to intently watch the small size 6 font of the play by play to see what happened during the play.

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - JoshiePoo - 08-07-2023

I haven’t been the most active player in the community or in terms of TPE throughout the career of my player. Therefore, there aren’t too many things I can think of in terms of improvements. Personally, I think the league does a great job, advertising, the community, the sims, the TPE system, and UI of the website itself. On that last point, I think the updated TPE checklist is an awesome quality of life feature, it’s so convenient. My one suggestion, and I don’t think it’s a huge problem, I was a little bit sad when you kicked all the rookies from the rookie discord way back in the day. I thought it was a fun community driven server, and I took a long time to actually get onto the official ISFL server. Maybe, those two servers could be merged, and if you don’t want rookies or vets interacting or vice versa, use roles to keep the two servers apart. But I think it could potentially drive more community engagement. Just a suggestion, cheers guys. Much love.

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - Tyrathiel - 08-07-2023

I think that Introducing live play-by-play commentary during streams could indeed enhance the excitement of a Simulation Football League (ISFL). This feature would provide viewers with real-time updates and analysis of the game as it unfolds, simulating the experience of watching a live sports broadcast. Here are some benefits and considerations for implementing live play-by-play commentary:

Benefits:

Real-Time Engagement: Live play-by-play commentary would keep viewers engaged throughout the game, making them feel more connected to the action as they receive detailed descriptions of each play as it happens.

Enhanced Immersion: By adding commentary that describes the plays, strategies, and outcomes in real-time, viewers can better immerse themselves in the virtual world of the simulation, creating a more authentic and exciting experience.

Strategic Insights: Commentary can provide valuable insights into the strategies employed by teams, explaining the rationale behind specific plays and decisions. This can help viewers understand the intricacies of the sport and appreciate the tactical depth.

Dynamic Storytelling: Skilled commentators can weave a dynamic narrative, highlighting key moments, player performances, and rivalries. This storytelling element can captivate the audience and create a more memorable viewing experience.

Considerations:

Quality Commentators: To make live play-by-play commentary effective, the league needs knowledgeable and enthusiastic commentators who can effectively convey the excitement of the game. Skilled commentators can enhance the viewer experience and maintain a high level of engagement.

Technical Implementation: Implementing live play-by-play commentary would require a robust technical infrastructure to ensure seamless synchronization between the simulation and the commentary. Delays or technical glitches could negatively impact the viewing experience.

Variety and Depth: Commentary should provide a balance between casual and in-depth analysis. Different viewers may have varying levels of understanding of the sport, so the commentary should cater to a broad audience.

Visual Representation: Alongside the commentary, having a visual representation of the game's progress, such as a live scoreboard, animations of key plays, and player statistics, can further enhance the viewing experience.

Interaction and Engagement: Consider incorporating ways for viewers to interact with the commentary, such as posing questions or predictions that commentators can address during breaks in the action.

By carefully addressing these considerations and implementing live play-by-play commentary effectively, the Simulation Football League can elevate the excitement and engagement levels for its audience, creating a more immersive and enjoyable viewing experience.

(300+ Words)

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - hemhem - 08-07-2023

We could have another pro bowl on madden. It would be fun because I remember the league doing the pro bowl on madden, but it was on madden 18. The league could have it on madden 23 or madden 24. We could also have a end of the Season prospect bowl rematch. It would be fun to have another prospect bowl at the end of the Season. More alternative jerseys and fields. Like some more throwbacks for nostalgia and to make it more fun. Have 2x media more often so that players could have more money. But at the same time people would be too rich for my liking so that's probably not an option to go with lol. If we could, player introductions would be fun too! Imagine just hearing your players name and see where they rank at their position on the screen, just like in the nfl!

150 words

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - yosh - 08-07-2023

SHL PT

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - Scrizz - 08-07-2023

I’ve suggested this before for other things and reasons, but I still think that we should at least move some things over to discord. I don’t think grading should take multiple weeks, even with how busy graders are and I think moving the grading process to discord, would make it easier and faster, with the graders having 1 place for every graphic instead of multiple different threads. Even if you want to utilize the forum, you have a bot able to link graphics to the discord, so it could still be graded on discord, even utilizing the forum im sure tons of time and effort was put into. Along with making things like grading graphics, and medias easier, it would also make the task of getting into the league less daunting for newer members. The simplicity of discord, in my opinion makes it easier for things graders to grade medias, and graphics, and makes it easier for new members to get involved.

160 Words

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - Reno - 08-07-2023

SHL PT

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - Menace0528 - 08-07-2023

For suggestions to make the league more exciting, I have a couple of ideas. First off, random boosts and injuries before/throughout a game. I doubt it's something the sim could actually do, but let's say a cornerback gets beat off the line and the receiver goes for a 50-yard touchdown. Maybe the cornerback has some fire in him and gains +3 agility for the game. Maybe he plays more aggressively and has +1 speed but -4 intelligence for the rest of the game. It's doubtful that it's something realistic, but I think it would be neat. One that's more controversial, however, would be injuries. Not enough to take a player out of any game, but if they pull a hamstring halfway through a game and suddenly have -2 agility for the rest of the game, or maybe a QB injures their leg throughout a game and suddenly has -1 speed for the game. It could even factor into playcalling, maybe instead of a stat decrease it could be a dynamic playcalling deal of "oh, the QB got hit hard on this run, let's stop calling as many QB run plays" or even something good of like "oh, that outside run went for huge yardage, let's call more of those".

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - goblin jr. - 08-07-2023

There are a number of suggestions I have that I think could improve the ISFL. Clean up outdated info on the forum, keep fine tuning the grading scales, outright delete the wiki (jk). But the change that would make the league the most exciting? Well, that’s only one thing. Put Goblin Jr. in HO. Make Goblin Jr. commissioner, owner, and all around dictator of the ISFL. But I will be a benevolent dictator, I’ll abolish homework and put beer in all the water fountains! Wait, this isn’t my student government campaign from when I was in high school, scratch the stuff about beer and homework. But really, I haven’t been around the league for a while, so I physically do no know how to run it poorly. I’d shutter the Arizona Outlaws, reduce all word-count based tasks to 140 characters, and I’d remove stat caps from all the archetypes. I think it can’t be denied that all of these changes, for better or worse, would make the league more exciting.

RE: (S43) PT #1 - New Season, New Suggestions? - electrictree - 08-07-2023

The thing that could make this league more interesting and exciting is playing for pink slips. Anything that can increase competition between users or players is something that could increase the interest in the league.

Think about how exciting things would be if player x faced off against player y for real high stakes outcomes. Put playing the next week on the table. Winner of a CB/WR battle gets to play the following week, the loser has to sit the week out.

Or something like the loser has to change their player name to something of the victors choosing (safe for work, of course, we don't want anyone getting in trouble with the brass).

People love one on one spectacles, and contests that have tangible outcomes could be very interesting for spectators of the league. Think about how interesting feuds are? We need more friendly feuds and serious wagers to drive serious interest. The league is doing very well, but i'd love to see it taken to the next level.

(167)