International Simulation Football League
(S48) Offseason Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S48) Offseason Task (/showthread.php?tid=51052)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - omg - 05-05-2024

14.) Expansion is always an exciting moment for any league (sim or real), and I think it would be a welcome addition here. With over 50 players coming in the next draft, even jumping up to 16 teams would give every team at least 3 solid prospects in this season alone. 16 is a nice round number, and would give the option to split the 2 Conferences into 4 Divisions, allowing for more intense divisional rivalries and a more formulaic schedule. With this new schedule, each team could play teams in their division twice, teams in the opposite division within conference once, teams in one of the other conference's division once (with the specific division alternating each season), and two games against teams who ranked the same as them within their division (i.e. 1st place in ASFC West the previous season would play 1st place in the ASFC East and 1st place in whichever NSFC division they did not play this season). As for the divisions themselves, the ASFC would have the West division (consisting of Arizona, Honolulu, Orange County, and San Jose) and the East division (consisting of Austin, New Orleans, New York, and an expansion team) while the NSFC would have the International division (consisting of Berlin, Cape Town, Yellowknife, and an expansion team) and the USA division (consisting of Baltimore, Chicago, Colorado, and Sarasota). Of course, we need to fill those teams. For the ASFC East, I propose the Nashville Honky-Tonk. Their primary colors would be yellow & purple, with its logo consisting of a fancy cowboy boot branded with a musical note on the side of it. As for the NSFC International, I believe the ISFL should tap into a market that is currently lacking in any team: the Asian market. Tokyo or Shanghai seem like the obvious choices for that, so I'm gonna throw a slight curveball and go with the Seoul eSports. Their main colors would be black & gold, and their logo would be that of a head facing forward wearing aviator glasses and a headset.

18.) With the draft coming up, teams have been chomping at the bit to get a chance to acquire the services of Seer Ial. And really, who can blame them? Ial is one of the fastest players in the draft, and his unique blend of speed, quickness, and sure hands is matched by none other within the class. There might be a handful of players who are either more agile, have better hands, or possibly even be a step faster, but there is not a single other player who combines all three attributes quite like he does. There is a reason many mock drafts have Ial going as not just the top receiver in the draft, but the top offensive player in the entire draft (and in fact, there was even one mock that tagged him as first overall, though that seems a bit of a stretch). Aside from the physical attributes, adding Ial to the team adds a player who has a winning attitude (having never missed the playoffs in his albeit short DSFL career) and is the definition of a team player. He will do whatever it takes to win a game, and cares much more about the final outcome than any personal performance.

34.) The Bondi Beach Buccaneers had a huge influx of talented rookies this season that helped lead the team to their first playoff appearance since S41. Stone Wall, originally drafted as an offensively lineman, quickly slimmed down and stepped up as the starting running back this season, gaining over 1,000 yards from scrimmage. Wide receiver Seer Ial became a legitimate weapon accross from Meo Stickyhands-McGee, giving Bugs multiple options in the passing game. On the defensive side of things, Cleetus Beauregard provided a strong presence on the line of scrimmage, Reuben Mobbs gave stabilitiy in the middle of the field, and Leroy Jenkins added support in the secondary. The biggest impacts, however, came from a couple of players who joined the team midseason. Huge Yakman joined Bondi Beach in a midseason trade, and he was an instant boost to the defense. Yakman had his first two career interceptions on the Bucs, and both of them were turning points in those two games that led to a Bondi Beach victory. There was also the late signing of WW Jatt to fill in at defensive tackle. In just 4 games, Jatt accumulated 3 sacks, 1 tackle for a loss, forced 2 fumbles, and recovered 1 of them, returning it for a touchdown. Extrapolated over a full season, Jatt would have easily been on of the top defensive players this season.

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - FTR - 05-05-2024

Task 36

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - goodvsevil1275 - 05-05-2024

18. This task is exclusive to recreate/non-recreate rookies of the S48 class and later. The season is over and the draft is coming up. What do you bring to a team, and why should a team choose to take a chance on you next season? 

My player, Dexter Morgan, is eligible to be taken in the upcoming DSFL draft. I know it is quite early in terms of DSFL scouting, but overall there has not been much interest for Morgan's services. To me, this means that some team will get a steal with their draft pick. With a plethora of active new users and legendary recreate users, I am completely expecting to fall in the draft. I anticipate being a 3rd round pick at best and would not be surprised to fall into the 4th or even 5th round. This is fine to me because this means whichever team I end up with will have selected great pieces ahead of me, making the team better. Teams should draft me because they will have their 250 TPE quarterback locked up for quite a long time due to lack of opportunities in the ISFL, which I feel would be a great usage of a late pick. (159 words)

21. Written Option: If your player had a show starring them, what would the plot be?

Wow, this is a tough one for sure. What kind of show could be made around a character named Dexter Morgan? I guess there is that one show called Dexter about a serial killer who has a normal job and does his shenanigans on the side. Come to think of it, his name in the show is Dexter Morgan. Huh, what a coincidence. Anyways, I think my Dexter would have a reality definitely fictional show about a professional football player who satisfies his dark urges by committing murder on his days off from practice. The show would follow around my Dexter as he uses his superb acting skills to fake being a sociopath because in reality he is most definitely a normal man who just plays quarterback and does nothing else. Just don't ask him where he goes on Saturday nights. He just really, really needs his alone time. He says it helps him to decompress and "silences the voices in his head", whatever that means. (166 words)

27. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

This is something I actually have already thought about as I only created my player a few weeks ago. It was a difficult decision to create a quarterback and one I almost went back on. If I did not create a quarterback, I would have definitely gone back to the roots of my first player, Jake Dropson, and created a wide receiver. I greatly enjoyed my time out wide for many reasons. First off, it seems like receivers get a lot of love in the sim, or at least they did back then. Any given play you could go for an 8- yard bomb. Or, in Dropson's case, a -27 yard reception that I still cannot comprehend. I mean, how the hell does a receiver get -27 yards from a single catch? It is also simpler to just pump speed up to 100 using TPE rather than figuring out the perfect balance of arm, intelligence, and throwing accuracy for the DSFL caps. It would also be way easier to convince a GM to give me a roster spot if I played literally any position besides quarterback, but that is just how life goes sometimes. (194 words)

33. When looking at the teams we have in the ISFL and DSFL, is there any team you believe is in need of a major rebrand or update to their current branding? Why or why not? 

No offense to whoever came up with it, but the current Portland Pythons branding is atrocious in my opinion. This might stem from my time in S17 with the Pythons, but I think the black and yellow branding was superior in every single way and I have no idea why they decided to change it up. While it might be frowned upon to revert back to previous branding, I think it was so good that the decision should be made immediately.  POR_old I mean look at this. It is a masterpiece.  POR This one is just a green eyesore. The previous logo looks intimidating and badass. It exudes power and definitely has BSDE (big snake dick energy). This current one looks like a doofus who mistook a football for a mouse. Again, I do not mean to offend the brains behind this rebrand, but did you really have to pick that shade of green? P.S. if a Portland GM reads this, I want you to know I will still dislike the logo if you draft me but I will really, really, really try to let it grow on me. (186 words)

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - sburbine - 05-05-2024

36. SHL Affiliate

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - AustinP0027 - 05-06-2024

Task #1

The Portland Pythons won the Ultimini over the Tijuana Luchadores, but this end of season outcome wasn’t always even in sight. Portland started out strong by winning 3 of their 4 preseason games. However, the first game of the season they dropped to London, only scoring 16 points. They rebounded with a win over Norfola, but then followed that with three straight losses. Things looked a little grim for the team as they start their season 1 and 4. They were afforded some better luck from the schedule gods as their next four games were against the two teams at the bottom of their divisions, Kansas City and Dallas. Portland picked up all four games, putting them over .500 as they looked at the back half of the season. They were handed a loss by Bondi Beach, and it looked like they might be set to miss the playoffs with two of their final four games being against the top of both divisions. Two losses could put them into some rough tiebreaker situations. Instead, Portland turned a corner and won their final four games, comfortably entering the playoffs.

This didn’t get any easier or less surprising for the Pythons once they entered the playoffs. Their first game was against the Minnesota Grey Ducks, top of the North. The Ducks started out strong, going up 27-0 by the 3rd quarter. Portland looked sunk. Then, with 2:14 left in the 3rd quarter, Billy Van Goff decided he wasn’t walking away with a loss as he threw his first TD pass to Kurt Wagner to put Portland on the board. The Pythons followed that with 3 more touchdowns in the fourth quarter, the last coming with 51 seconds on the clock, while holding the Grey Ducks to zero points by both intercepting Minnesota and forcing a fumble with 25 seconds on the clock to close out the win.

Heading into the championship, the Python were the underdog as Tijuana had been fairly dominant all season. But the plucky underdogs had just knocked off the other domination team, so they weren’t discouraged or distracted by the lights of the big game. They started the game out with a score, driving down the field to score on a 3 yard run by Animal Blundetto. Tijuana responded with 3 field goals and a score of their own to go up 16-7 in the middle of the third. Portland responded at the end of the third with another touchdown to be down just two points. Another Luchadores score at the beginning of the fourth put Portland in a touch situation, but the team had faith in themselves as they scored with 8 minutes left to be back within two. Strong defense on both sides led to a couple punts, and then Portland had the ball with 2 minutes left and 75 yards to go. Van Goff took over again, completing 5 straight passes which was capped off with the pass to the vertical tight end himself, Tyler Higbee. Now up 5, the Portand defense need to make a stand. They closed out the game exactly like they had the Minnesota game, by forcing a fumble with less than 30 seconds left to kneel out a victory and a championship.

Arizona, on the other hand, had a very different start to the year. They won 3 of 4 in their preseason, and followed that by picking up 9 wins before seeing their second loss. They did end the regular season with four losses, but closing out the year with two wins heading into the playoffs set them up for success in the locker room.

For a team that looked as good as they did all year, their first playoff game had to have shaken them up, an overtime win against New Orleans. They started out down 17-0 before putting their first points on the board and by halftime they were down 10. In the third quarter they traded scores with NOLA, coming out just down 3. Then, finally, in the fourth quarter they managed to tie it up with a field goal with 28 seconds left on the clock. Their defense stepped up to begin overtime as they help NOLA to a punt, and gained great field position with an incredible return. Their offense didn’t squander the setup, and scored 5 plays later ending the game and sending them to the ASFC game.

This game was almost hard fought, as they traded scores back and forth with the SaberCats. By the beginning of the fourth quarter, they were tied 21-21. The SaberCats struck first in the fourth, putting them up 7 points, but Arizona responded, scoring with 3 minutes left to tie it up. Looking at another possible overtime game, Jordan Bamford instead took a pass 54 yards to score with 1:16 left, putting Arizona up 7 and the SaberCats in a must score scenario. The SaberCats started driving down the field, but a pair of untimely penalties pushed them back, paired with a sack on 3rd down to have a fourth and 27 situation with only 17 seconds on the clock. They weren’t able to gain the yards, turned it over on downs, and Arizona kneeled out a victory to find their way back to the Ultimus game.

The Ultimus game started out much like the NOLA game for Arizona, as they were down 17-10 to CTC at the half. They were going to have to fight back from behind again, and it looked to the crowd like another close game was going to continue in the second half. Instead, Arizona came out of the locker room hungry and determined. They shut down CTC in the second half, allowing no points and scoring 23 straight points of their own to close out the game and win the Ultimus 33-17.

Between the two winners, Portland was by far the most surprising, because even as they went on their run to end the season, the problems earlier in the year were a haunting ghost that threatened to reappear and end everything early. Still, they persevered on both sides of the ball and they were able to bring home that coveted Ultimini trophy.

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - OrbitingDeath - 05-06-2024

Task 15 - 5 TPE

WE WOULD HAVE A TEAM WITH A LOT OF ANIMALS IN IT, HUMAN PLAYERS WOULD NOT KNOWN HOW TO HANDLE OR EFFICIENTLY TACKLE US. SO THE TEAM WILL LOOK LIKE THIS:

QUARTERBACK:
PUDDLES O'DUCK - DUCKS ARE OBNOXIOUS CREATURES AND THEY CAN BITE REALLY HARD IF SOMETHING COMES THEIR WAY.
RUNNING BACK:
TRICERACOP - NOT ONLY IS THIS GUY A DINOSAUR, BUT ALSO A COP, SO HE CAN ARREST ANYONE THAT TRIES TO STOP HIM
FIG NEWTON - THIS GUY IS A DOG, AND ONE THAT SHUFFLES ON HIS ASS. WHILE HE MIGHT NOT BE THE FASTEST, WE CAN USE HIM TO CONFUSE OUR OPPONENTS
WIDE RECEIVERS:
BRAD WOOF - A DOG ALWAYS IS GOOD CATCHING THE BALL AND RETURN IT. WE MIGHT LOSE YARDS IF HE RETURNS IT TO THE QB, BUT IT IS CUTE TO SEE.
SPEEDY GIZMO - SMALL BUT DEADLY, EVEN THOUGH THIS DOG RETIRED I KNOW HE CAN SCORE TOUCHDOWNS FOR THIS TEAM
DELORES BICKERMAN - NOT AN ANIMAL BUT ELDERLY DESERVE LOVE TOO.
TIGHT END:
MISTER HOGMALLY - THE PIG IS ONE OF THE BEST TIGHT ENDS IN RECENT HISTORY, HE WILL BRING US THE MUCH NEEDED VETERAN EXPERIENCE TO THE TEAM
OFFENSIVE LINE:
WALRUS JONES - COME ON, A WALRUS AS OFFENSIVE LINE, BRING IT ON. HE WILL THINK THE OPPONENTS ARE FISH AND SWALLOW EM HOLE.
BENGAL TIGERHEART - NOT SURE IF HE IS A TIGER, BUT HE HAS A TIGERHEART SO ALSO TIGER BLOOD. AND IF THERE IS ONE THING I LEARNED FROM CHARLIE SHEEN THAT YOU ARE A WINNER WITH TIGERBLOOD
DEFENSIVE TACKLE
PRINCESS DONUT - OFCOURSE I PLAY IN MY OWN TEAM
RONALD MCDONALD - IF THERE ARE TWO DEFENSIVE TACKLES, ITS BETTER IF ONE CAN BE THE CLOWN SO I CAN LOOK GOOD
DEFENSIVE END
GOAT TANNK - GOAT TANK
LINE BACKERS
LIATH SQUIRREL - SQUIRRELLLLLLLLLLSSSS THEY ARE CUTE FUN AND DEADLY. SO ITS GOOD TO HAVE HER AS A TEAMMATE
CRUELLA DE VILLE - EVEN THOUGH IM MOSTLY GOING FOR ANIMAL, SHE CAN KEEP THE COCKER SPANIELS AWAY TOO IF WE TELL HER THEY MAKE GREAT COATS
CORNERBACK
DINO NUGGETS - NICE AND TASTY
ORGA PANDA - DUDE WHO DOESNT WANT A PANDA ON THEIR TEAM
SAFETY
THE RED PANDA - HI LEMORSE
LEONARDO DA PINCHI - A CRAB TO DEFLATE THE FOOTBALLS IF NEEDED
KICKER PUNTER
JACK SLOTH - BECAUSE HE IS THE FASTEST PUNTER WE KNOW

382 words

Task 18 - 2,5 TPE

OH MY, WHAT DO I BRING TO A TEAM? DO YOU REALLY NEED ME TO ANSWER THIS? I AM A CAT THAT IS A WINNER, I AM A GRAND CHAMPION, I AM A WINNER OF MY BREED, I AM EVEN A WINNER OF NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, AND IF I CAN WIN AT SOMETHING AS FIERCE AS CAT SHOWS, HOW HARD SHOULD IT BE THEN TO BECOME A WINNER IN FOOTBALL TOO. WITH MY CHONKY BODY I CAN EASILY KEEP UP WITH ALL THE OTHER CHONKY DEFENSE MAN. SO BY SELECTING ME IN THE DRAFT YOU ARE SELECTING A WINNER. AND A WINNER WITH A TIARA AND SUNGLASSES, BECAUSE WE NEED TO LOOK FANCY ON THE FIELD RIGHT? WITH ME IN THE LOCKER ROOM YOU WILL BE REALLY ENTERTAINED AND YOU CAN USE THE GODDAMNIT DONUT STICKER A LOT, AS I SAY A LOT OF FUNNY THINGS IF I SAY SO MYSELF. DRAFT DONUT TODAY, DO NOT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW.

(158 words)

Task 32 - 2,5 TPE

THE NAME OF MY PODCAST WOULD BE: THE ROYAL PODCAST OF PRINCESS DONUT THE QUEEN ANNE CHONK.

WE WILL DISCUSS ALL THE IMPORTANT TOPICS IN LIFE, LIKE FLASHBACKS TO GOSSIP GIRL EPISODES, BUT WE ALSO WILL WATCH NEW SHOWS AND DISCUSS WHAT DONUT HATES ABOUT IT AND WHY IT IS NOT EVEN AS GOOD AS GOSSIP GIRL EVER WAS. WE WILL ALSO TALK ABOUT FOOD, AS A CAT NEEDS TO STAY IN SHAPE. WE WILL ALSO DISCUSS ALL THE DRAFT LEAKS PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN ME, AS IT STANDS NOW WE HAVE ME GOING TO ATLEAST SIX DIFFERENT TEAMS BASED ON INFORMATION I WAS DM'D BY VARIOUS WAR ROOM MEMBERS AMONG THE LEAGUE. IT MIGHT BE SOME KIND OF HUNGER GAMES SEGMENT, AS ONE OF THEM WILL BE PUNISHED FOR PROVIDING THE CORRECT LEAGUE, SO I WONDER WHO THE LUCKY ONE IS TO FACE DARKNESS HIS WRATH. THE SHOW WILL BE REALLY GREAT AND I CANT WAIT TO START IT. WE WILL ALSO SING WONDERWALL IN IT.

words: 166

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - sonicxdoom - 05-06-2024

Tier 2 (5 TPE) #8:

My experience as a new create in the ISFL has been great. The closest thing I've done to a simulated sports league is regular fantasy football and I love the community. There have been so many helpful people and just about everyone I talk to is super friendly! I'm finally starting to get a good hang of everything and I'm feeling great about the timing of signing up because I've really maximized every opportunity for TPE so far and I'll be sitting with about 170 after this offseason task is graded. And that's before even being drafted! Another thing that stuck out to me that was really awesome, was that I noticed that there wasn't a first time 2x rookie submission bonus on graphics and I had already been working on a big GFX project. On my birthday I asked the powers that be to consider implementing one since it seemed in line with the spirit of the point tasks and stuff. Not only did they change the policy pretty much instantly, they also announced 2x graphics all week and said happy birthday. I already knew that I loved the community by then but that really cemented it. Shoutout to Zeagle for that one.

Since we haven't actually been drafted yet, I'll talk about what it was like when I got picked up on waivers mid-season. I was hoping to get picked up by Portland since I immediately felt at home with the yappers like Willeh and Higbee. But as it turned out I ended up getting picked up by the Seawolves and they were super excited that I fell to them. It was a great welcoming experience and since then I've only gotten to love Norfolk more with all the cool things they do and the supportive environment they create. Sconnie, JJ, and Lim have all been super great in helping me learn everything I've had to learn so far. And I'm really HOPING I can make it back to Norfolk during the upcoming draft.  Tongue

Tier 3 (2.5 TPE) #18:

Why should a team take a "chance" on me? Hah. Two words baby: I'm Him. They say activity is the most important thing? I've got that. I'm active as fuck. Too active. I should have named myself Herbert Hoover the way I'm sucking up every shred of TPE I can get my hands on. Am I a Tight End? No. I'm THE Tight End. The GOATE. And to top it all off: I'm a goddamn meme machine, a one-man shitposting force of nature, hell-bent on creating content, getting paid, and hopefully making everyone's day a little better along the way. Let me ask you a question. Does your team have a spokesperson? I'm the whole damn PR department. The question isn't who will get me, or why they would want me. The question is how will they wield that power when the time comes? Will I be a force to bolster team morale? Or will I be used as a psychological weapon the likes of which the league has never seen? Stay tuned!

Tier 3 (2.5 TPE) #31:

Make up an award for your player (or even someone else) to win for something not on the football field. (Graphic Option)

Award For Lemonoppy

Award For Tyler Higbee

Award For Me!

I wasn't sure if one was enough effort to equal a 150 word entry so I made three LOL

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - oknom - 05-06-2024

Tier 2
Prompt #14 - 5 TPE
I’m going to play both sides of this prompt, so I come out on top no matter what. First of all let me say that the league does not currently NEED an expansion. Starting at the ISFL level, there isn’t a team in the league that doesn’t employ at least 1 IA player. Having IA players is always going to be a part of the league, so its not necessarily the only test for whether or not the league is ready for expansion. However, it does tell me that with all the glory and entertainment the league provides, its hard to keep a full team of active players on both sides of the ball. This also doesn’t address the fact that most teams are employing OL bots to fill out offensive lines. Im not knocking this practice, I think it makes a lot of sense to be honest. But I think expanding the league so another QB, 3 WR, and 2 RBs can get better positions on the depth chart while some teams are still employing OL players under the DSFL cap is the wrong move. Maybe there is something else that can be done to address the need for OL besides bots. Free swaps into and out of OL as long as you are under a certain level of TPE? OL being exempt from regression? OL getting a free pizza party for good behavior? Lots to think about there.

Now that I’ve convinced you the league is a barren desert devoid of any activity, let me make the case for something similar to but not quite expansion. Expansion teams are exciting. They’re provocative, they get the people going. Seeing new logos and new branding for the first time is one of the best parts of any sim league. You all went through it when you joined the site for the first time. You saw the logos and at least one of them stood out to you and you thought, “I hope I end up on that team”. To me, this is always one of the biggest positives of expansion and why it always gets buzz. But as we highlighted earlier, the mechanics of adding another team to the league doesn’t really stand up to criticism.

So what are some ways we can keep the league healthy as far as user count, but just as energized and excited as we would be with a pending expansion? Some ideas:
• With the newly resurrected league Instagram account, we could promote the upcoming seasons by featuring the kickoff game in a Monday Night Football style graphic
• Color Rush Fields are a huge hit, but I feel like a matching jersey would also go over well. Maybe it can be reserved for the team with the best Color Rush Field each season?
WC: 468

Tier 3
Prompt #23 - 2.5 TPE
Love it or hate it, the current sim engine could use some tweaking to benefit the streaming experience. We’ve all learned lessons about the sim while watching the stream. Spiking the ball will happen at seemingly random times. Punting in the red zone and going for it in less than ideal situations happen frequently. I know the actual sim is the limit here, but if there was a way teams could build in more strategy or even just consistency to these crucial clock and field position situations I think we’d all enjoy it more.

The other part I would change is just how difficult it can be to follow the sim live sometimes. Sometimes the ball is rendered as being throw. Sometimes it looks like it doinks off a receivers head and goes right back to the QB. Sometimes it looks like players are running with a defender or too literally hanging off their back. These graphical representations don’t always make sense, and since the sim is moving so quickly you either miss out on the next play or have conditioned yourself to expect the unexpected. The community deserves better!
WC: 190

Tier 3
Prompt #26 - 2.5 TPE
[Image: IbQ65El.jpeg]

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - bechtudo - 05-06-2024

The Season 47 Ultimus and Ultimini have officially come to an end. Congratulations to the the Portland Pythons and Arizona Outlaws for each winning their respective championships.
Lets take a look how the teams got there, we will start with the DSFL champion Portland Pythons. The Pythons did not look like the team to beat for the championship for the longest time this season. After 10 weeks of play the Pythons had a 5-5 record and just came of a 31-16 defeat against the Bondi Beach Buccaneers which was the second time this season they lost to the Bucs. They lost in week 5 19-13 to them. Interestingly enough both times the losses against the Bucs ignited a 4-game win streak. From week 6-9 the Pythons beat twice the Dallas Birddogs and the Kansas City Coyotes. The second 4-game win streak from week 11-14 was against the two division leaders Tijuana Luchadores who finished the season with a 10-4 record winning the South division and the Minnesota Grey Ducks who finished the regular season with a league best 11-3 record. Portland ended the regular season with a 9-5 record and they had to face the Grey Ducks again in the conference championship game. On the box score it was all Portland with 28-10 first downs in favor of the Pythons and 508-237 total yards. The game itself started out in a different direction and Minnesota lead at half time 13-0 and after three quarters 27-7. But this is when the tide turned and the fourth quarter saw the Pythons storm back with 3 TDs to take the game 28-27 and advance to the Ultimini championship game. The opponent were the Luchadores from Tijuana. After a scoreless first quarter the Pythons scored first with the very first play in the second quarter. It was a 3-yard rush from Pythons RB Animal Blundetto, but the Luchadores countered with 13 points of their own in the second quarter and the score at half time was 13-7 Tijuana. In the third quarter the Luchadores scored another FG which was answered rom the Pythons with a TD and the score at the start of the fourth quarter was 16-14 in favor of Tijuana. At the start of the fourth quarter the Luchadores scored a TD on a 2-yard run from RB Bazooka Nottingham to extend the lead for Tijuana to 23-14. A 15-yard TD run from Pythons RB Blundetto with 8:33 left in the game cut the lead to 23-21. After exchanging punts the Pythons got the ball on their 25-yard line with 2:10 on the clock and the game on the line. With the next two plays, passes of 14 and 44 yards the Pythons moved the ball to the Tijuana 16-yard line and called time out with 0:59 on the clock. After an incomplete pass the Pythons had 2nd down and 10 when Pythons QB Billy Van Goff completed a 13-yard pass to RB Gucci Gurley which moved the ball to the 2-yard line and the very next play was a 2 yard TD pass from Van Goff to TE Tyler Highbee II and with the extra point the Pythons took the lead for good 28-23 with 1:14 on the clock. A Luchadores fumble around midfield recovered from Portland with 0:28 sealed the win and the party began.
In the ISFL we saw the Arizona Outlaws defend their championship by beating the Cape Town Crash 33-17. This is the second time the Outlaws have accomplished this feat. Last time it was the seasons 37 + 38.
This season the Outlaws qualified for the playoffs as the #2 seed in the ASFC with a 12-4 record. The ASFC overall was the premier conference with all 4 playoff participants having a record with 10+ wins. In the NSFC the #4 playoff team were the 8-8 Yellowknife Wraiths. In the divisional round of the playoffs the Outlaws needed over time to beat the #3 seed New Orleans Second Line 36-30. In that game the Outlaws needed a 54 yard FG with 25 seconds o the clock to force overtime. In overtime a 4-yard run from Bertie Mannering-Phipps with 10:06 on the clock gave the Outlaws the win and the ticket to the conference championship game against the San Jose Saber Cats the team with the best record in the regular season (13-3). Arizona split the regular season games against San Jose with a loss in week 4 (35-30) and a win in week 15 (30-10). The game was the game everybody was expecting a tight fight between two real good foot ball teams. By the end of the third quarter the score was 21-21. The first score in the fourth quarter gave the Sabe Cats a 28-21 lead but the Outlaws have been able to tie the game with 3:07 on the clock to make the score 28-28. The Saber Cats posession ended with a punt after a Unnecessary Roughness penalty. The punt pinned the Outlaws all the way back to their 6-yard line and 1:48 on the clock. But with passes from 29 and a 54-yard TD pass from Outlaws QB Donovan Winters III to WR Jordan Bamford the Outlaws took the lead 35-28 and this was the final score. The Saber Cats got the ball back with 0:49 on the clock but never made it out of their half when the time ram out and the Outlaws win sent them to the Ultimus championship game against the Cape Town Crash.
The Ultimus championship game started good for the Cape Town Crash. They scored the only points in the first quarter, a 24-yard FG and also the second quarter was friendly to the Crash. They scored two TDs and the Outlaws had one on their own as well to make the half time score 14-10 in favor of Cape Town. The defense for Arizona  took over in the second half and shut down the Crash completely. With 23 unanswered points the Outlaws won the game 33-17 and raised the Ultimus trophy for the second season in a row. The player of the game on offense was Arizona RB Purdy Mediocre with 9 receptions for 151 yards. On defense the POG award went to Cape Town Crash LB Rolud Onyxgut with 8 tackles and 2 sacks.

Code:
1040 words

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - Benson - 05-06-2024

11. Write a short biography or story about your player. This could include background about how they came to the ISFL and how they’ve done so far, a story about their role in an exciting game, or anything else related to their experience in the league.

Tony Chazz a prospect like no other. A menace to the world. Ever since Tony was young he loved Football. Tony started his journey like most do. Wanting to be a star Quarterback. As he grew older he grew taller and stockier in nature. In high school his defensive line was awful. Tony would lose his temper over how bad his defensive line was on daily basis. He wasn't getting better with his defensive line struggling to defend every play in practice and in games. It got to the point that he decided to suit up for Defensive line to prove to them how easy their job was. His High school team never scored again in practice scrims. Being the QB for the whole year, he knew the play book inside and out. When it came to the games. Tony would suit up to play both QB and D Line. Even though it was midway into the season. Tony lead the division in Sacks. As he was smarter than most QBs and Offensive lineman. He knew what was about to be called and took advantage. As time passed. Tony realized he was a better Defensive Tackle than he was at QB. So he turned to DT full time.

Tony is the typical football player. Not very bright when it comes to everyday things. But anything and everything football. He's basically a mathematician. Tony has a short fuse and will blow his lid off at the first sign off adversity. He expects perfection from his teammates. It can be overbearing depending on who you ask. It makes his coaches job very easy. It allows the coach to worry more about the personalities and be a players coach. Tony doesn't care if he's the villain. He wants to win and nothing is going to get in the way of that for him.

22. Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, or highlights. (Written or Graphic Task)

[Image: pA1mif9.png]

35. Create the front page of a newspaper celebrating the win or the Ultimus or Ultimini winner. (Graphic Option)

[Image: hfno9Qd.png]