International Simulation Football League
Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment (/showthread.php?tid=51210)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - domffl - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 06:47 AM)lordcoolcats Wrote: Reminder that fines should be a % and not a flat rate. 

I'm so sick of Icebear getting away with everything.
Right again, coolcats. If Icebear isn't fined at least 45% of his total bank for this egregious crime, I think we should take a long long look in the mirror and ask ourselves why we play this game.

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - wetwilleh - 05-13-2024

Common HO L #freeicebear

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - scudmuffin19 - 05-13-2024

I'd also like to state that the entire draft was leaked to me on purpose by all of HO, stating: "they'll never believe you". We as lowly ISFL users must take a stand with icebear against the tyrannical HO that has infected our lovely fake but real football league.

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - .HoshinoIchika - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 12:03 PM)scudmuffin19 Wrote: I'd also like to state that the entire draft was leaked to me on purpose by all of HO, stating: "they'll never believe you". We as lowly ISFL users must take a stand with icebear against the tyrannical HO that has infected our lovely fake but real football league.

I don't believe you

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - MikeWhiskey - 05-13-2024

@IceBear32 don't leak the draft challenge: impossible

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - Thor - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 08:20 AM)Pat Wrote: Serious question:

So a GM is allowed to deliberately break a rule because they're doing it, "thinking about the best interests of the team rather than a malicious action" and only catches a 6M fine (basically nothing given how wealthy so many of our users are)?

I feel like it's time for me to get back into GMing and break every rule I can for the betterment of my team.

If this was an established pattern, or an action that had malicious intent and/or negative outcomes for someone involved, it's likely that we would have treated the case differently. The way we are looking at it, the punishment is already escalated beyond the 'standard' leaking punishment of a 2m fine. Though it's not explicitly mentioned there, we absolutely consider past offences when assessing cases that come in front of us - so it's very likely that further violations would escalate punishments further.

Is a fine in and of itself of great consequence? Probably not, I'd agree with that. But the additional implication of receiving a punishment like this, especially around an intentional rule break, is that there's a short leash for any future infractions to come.

If we suddenly start to see a trend of GMs wilfully and intentionally breaking rules for whatever reason, then we'll adjust our handling of cases to account for that.