International Simulation Football League
(S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected (/showthread.php?tid=51461)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - ztarwarz - 05-21-2024

Luigi Numberone spent Season 46 as the worst Cornerback in the entire league. He had one of the biggest rebounds possible, one that might have seen him win the Breakout Player of the Year award if we still had it, getting an All Pro spot for the first time in his career, and as the 2nd best CB in the league. Now, the plan this year is simple: Go all the way. Similarly to how his team, the Crash, went to the Ultimus and came up short, Luigi wants to truly be Number One for a year. He started off wonderfully in his first game of the season, letting up no long plays whatsoever, getting 3 PDs, 1 INT, and a forced fumble+recovery all in week one. Unfortunately, he has major competition from the same player who has been one of if not the single best CB in the league year after year, Heiihas D. Owidhouse. Owidhouse also started off hot in Week 1, but Luigi is hoping that in this season, his peak, he plays out of his mind.

He still has not figured out you can use your hands.

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - ValorX77 - 05-21-2024

SHL CW

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - KC15 - 05-21-2024

PBE Affiliate PT  +3 TPE

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - Muford - 05-21-2024

Obviously, no bias detected, but the team with the most to lose this season would be the San Jose Sabercats. After finishing last season with their best record ever, at 13-3, and with the #1 seed in the ASFC, obviously they have the most going into this season, and they were on top for a reason last season for a reason. While we sit here and wonder if it was just a fluke season or not, you got to look at that defense and see what they did. Hell, even in week 1 against one of the best teams, the Arizona Outlaws, they were able to hold them to 20 points and win it with a field goal with a minute left in the game. The San Jose Sabercats have the best chance to keep it going and build on what was already a historic year last season and continue to strive for the Ultimus this year. 

(157 words)

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - bfan8475 - 05-21-2024

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - Middy - 05-21-2024

I am liking what I am seeing from the Cape Town Crash. Looking at their statistics and standing from last year, it seems like they found moderate success. This first game of theirs looks like they have improved a lot this offseason. It looks like their offense last year was one of the more dominate forces in the ISFL, which doesn't seem to be stopping this season. But you can already see an improvement of their defense. Last season they were middle of the pack which seemed to be the reason why they placed where they did. Holding a team to three points when you score forty-one is a statement victory. I think it is also important to note who they beat. The Yellowknife Wraiths were not a terrible team that an average team was able to dominate. They were only one spot behind the Cape Town Crash last season and they placed third in the NSFC for points scored. To be held to three points, really shows a growth in the defense for the Crash. I think that the Cape Town Crash is an early favorite for me to win the Ultimus this year.

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - oknom - 05-21-2024

It may no longer be much of a sleeper pick, but I think Tim Riggins will have a nice breakout season in COL this year. Last year, despite having a hard time finding wins, COL was still able to pump out some fantasy production for its wide receivers and tight ends. NCADV RAINN placed 5th among all receivers for fantasy points, and Riggins a lowly 23rd. However Hogmally placed 1st among TE’s and even LFPJ placed 3rd for fantasy points. If you combine the WR and TE categories considering the TE/WR flex spot, Hogmally placed 1st, LFPJ 4th, RAINN falls to 8th, and Riggins down to 27th. With regression, Riggins is now the #1 WR as far as TPE goes on COL’s roster. That doesn’t necessarily mean he jumped over RAINN on ye olde depth chart, since RAINN does still have 2 traits compared to Riggins’ one. However I think Riggins speed will get him better production overall, and he will come into a productive sophomore season.

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - bfry - 05-21-2024

PBE PT Affiliate

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - BOOM™ - 05-21-2024

VHL Affiliate PT(BOOM) +3 TPE

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - J0EB - 05-21-2024

Orange County may not finish this year as the best team in the league, but they definitely have a shot at being most improved after the moves they made this offseason during the draft. Selecting Animal Blundetto in the 3rd round was easily the steal of the draft. Jimi has dedicated his life savings to put towards this player, and has only missed one PT thus far. As a max earning running back, OCO set themselves up for years to come. Animal himself is already advancing quickly, dropping a 100 TPE update right out the gates as he preps for the opening week of his ISFL career. Animal is a future 1OA pick in fantasy as well, and I managed to scoop him up with my last pick this season to get a head start and show my confidence. Besides the amazing future potential Animal brings, Jimi himself is a pleasant person to be around and returning to OCO whom he was on during his last player must have felt special. I'm sure he'll be a good presence in the LR for the team as well, no matter how the team fairs this season.