International Simulation Football League
(S49) Late Joiner Thread - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S49) Late Joiner Thread (/showthread.php?tid=51773)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - Symmetrik - 06-30-2024

Code:
- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=51886&pid=813829#pid813829

In terms of the DSFL, I think pretty much all the brands are pretty solid, I'm a really big fan though of the London Royals brand. The logo I think is a really good mix of detail and simplicity, and it's really crisp and clean. I LOVE the black and gold colours as well. I think Minnesota has a really nice logo and colours as well. In the ISFL, I really like the Otters brand with the orange, and I think the logo has hardly changed in the 50 seasons of the league. I also really like the Hawks logo with a good balance of detail and simplicity, and as I mentioned already, I'm a fan of gold. I like the concept and the purple of New Orleans Second Line as well, I'm not a huge fan of the logo itself has a lot going on, but the purple/blue/gold colours are really cool and the theme is nice. I'm not really a fan of overly detailed logos.

@Symmetrik 10 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - Seven Arrows - 06-30-2024

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=51748&pid=813782#pid813782

The player number I chose for Golden Ericksen is #87.  I picked that number because it is the number I had throughout my four years of playing high school football  and was also the number I was able to secure in my first and only year at a DII school.  So, for that reason, I thought it only appropriate to have that number reserved for my DSFL/ISFL player.  I achieved some measure of success in high school, and it became a lucky number for me in many other aspects while growing up.  Some people may carry a lucky rabbit's foot.  Some may walk around with a lucky coin.  For me, it's the number 87 which I carry on my keychain to this day.  Every time I take this keychain anywhere with me it reminds of those days that I played and had great fun doing so.  I can only hope the the number 87 remains a lucky and memorable number for my player here.

@Seven Arrows 10 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - cyberowl - 06-30-2024

Prompt #5 -- Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it:

The name “Rush Templeton” was inspired by the dynamic and relentless nature of a defensive end’s role in football. “Rush” signifies the explosive speed and power required to break through the offensive line, embodying the essence of a player who is always on the move, charging towards the quarterback with unyielding determination. It’s a tribute to the adrenaline-pumping action that defines every play, where each moment is a rush against time and opposition.

“Templeton,” on the other hand, is a nod to Temple University, where this formidable player hones his skills and strategies. It represents a foundation of strength and education, a place where character is built, and legends are forged. The university’s storied history in nurturing talent provides the perfect backdrop for a name that is meant to inspire awe and respect on the field.

Together, “Rush Templeton” stands as a beacon of athleticism and intellect, a player whose name echoes the halls of Temple University and reverberates on the field. It’s a name that carries the weight of expectation and the promise of performance, encapsulating the spirit of a player destined to leave an indelible mark in the International Simulation Football League.

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=51847

@cyberowl 10 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - bachirafan - 07-01-2024

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=51912&pid=814083#pid814083  6/30/24

Prompt 4 - Branding

Whenever I become interested in a new league, if there isn't a team that is local to me (being from Michigan, this is usually a Detroit team), branding is one of the first things I look at. For me, the color scheme of a team is what usually calls to me. When I followed the now-defunct Overwatch League, I fell in love with the vibrant green of the Houston Outlaws, and more recently, I began following the Gold Coast Titans of the National Rugby League in Australia. The two tones of blue really shine to me, and it's that color scheme that I think is the first thing that catches the eye of prospective fans. If I were to be a fan of a team in the ISFL, rather than a player as I hope to be, I think my first choice would far and away be the San Jose Sabercats. Green and gold aren't the most common, and in fact the most common team IRL is one of my most hated (Notre Dame). But something about the more 'forest' green and darker gold variant make San Jose's color scheme extra appealing. A close second would be either Cape Town or New Orleans, as I have a soft spot for the color purple. My least favorite would probably be the Berlin Fire Salamanders, if only because the branding doesn't make sense to me, pending some research I could do. I like the yellow/red/grey Berlin goes for, but I think it could overall be more vibrant for my tastes.

@bachirafan 10 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - MrKrumz - 07-02-2024

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=51947
2 prompts #2 and #3

To the GM who reads this,

I am Kal Summers Jr, but you'll call me "KJ". 

I'm the first of three sons to a loving father who was, and always will be there for his sons. His wife walked out on us shortly after Bryan was born I barely remember her face anymore. I'm thankful for her in that she taught me that quitting is the cowards route. If you draft me you're taking a man who doesn't quit. I've taken care of my brothers my whole life. Dad had to work two jobs, so I had to keep the demons in check. We played football in the street after our chores. Those day lead me to stepping onto the Football field at highschool. When my Highschool coach told me I was too big to be a Wide Receiver, and tried to move me to tight end. I ran till I was thin as paper, and they had no choice but put me at WR. My Senior year in Highschool they told me I didn't have enough muscle to make it at the college level. So I benched 250, and squatted 350 before i graduated.  When my college couch told me i wasn't quick enough to play slot, i handed him opposing defenders ankles on a silver plater. What I'm telling you in this letter, is that you tell me what you think I'm not good enough at, and I won't quit till I'm the best at it. Give your QB the safety net that is me, and you'll make every other GM in the league look like a fool. When the games on the line, and your QB needs to air it out. He won't hesitate to throw it my way, because he'll know there is one truth when playing with me:

"That KJ is down there somewhere, and only he's coming down with it" 

The only choice,
Kal "KJ" Summers Jr 

I have to say that as a new player that all of this has been very overwhelming at the start, but with the videos on YouTube by LtHudz it all came together way quicker then I thought. I found with the walkthroughs to help fill the gaps left by the types guides. IT hard to say a way to improve it without maybe implanting those videos into the threads, or even making a whole thread specifically for them. I think that you all have down a great job at making this intuitive and accessible for newbies!

@MrKrumz 17 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - Beck - 07-03-2024

Created: 7/3/2024 https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=51970&pid=814793#pid814793

- What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?

My favorite part of the league this far has been the many different personalities you encounter throughout. The ISFL community as a whole has been absolutely incredible to be a part of. I have spent quite a bit of time as a general manager in both the Developmental Simulation League and the top International Simulation league, and as a result, have been able to meet so many more people than I could have ever imagined. I love how league members for the most part, really band together to help new users who are struggling to figure out the process. That is one theme that I think I have always seen. I also love that most people have a fun competitive spirit. There are a few who take things too far or seriously, but overall people make fun of their own players and team, along with others and everyone has a good time for the most part. (156 words)

- Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it.

The inspiration behind my player’s name comes from my first & original ISFL player. That player’s name was Sal Ami. My new player’s name is Tee Bone, and is a pretty obvious meat reference too. Sal was not just my first player, but was also an incredible player statistically. In my opinion, he was on track to be a hall of fame tight end until I swapped him to wide receiver. In hindsight I would not have done that. I also ended up retiring him in the middle of his prime so I could go be a general manager in Orange County. So this new player, Tee Bone, I am saying Is a cousin of Sal’s and is a player I want to do right by and hope to have similar on field success as. Although I remain open to position swapping, I am going to ensure Tee Bone has a long career that I don’t ruin. (157 words)

@Beck 20 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - HoodKirby - 07-03-2024

One prompt doing number 2!

I found the experience fairly intuitive, if slightly wordy, but as somebody who has never really been a user of an online forum sight it's great (coupled with the discord experience)! I do agree with what another poster pointed out in regards to the potential for AI integration, whilst some may be opposed to the use of said tools, I feel as though it would be able to help the league front office staff take some of their burden off of posting/coming up with ideas for the masses. All in all, it's a pretty great experience for a first timer to the game - I have some minor questions regarding scouting which I can't seem to find the answer to and at times I feel as though I am doing or posting the wrong thing (or upgrading the wrong stat) but experimentation is the key to success and I shall succeed!

@HoodKirby 10 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - Deecee98 - 07-04-2024

Player created 07/04 

To the Gm who drafts me I have created my player to play any of the 5 defensive back positions as some of my favourite in real life players are those such as micha Hyde, Tyrann Mathieu and of course ronnie Lott . I feel like these players are serious difference makers which not only do I aspire to be but believe at the level of the dsfl I am able to do that role with massive room to grown personally am will to play and do whatever is needed to help my team win treat me like the Swiss Army knife I am going to be and let me go hunt the ball and make plays. As far as me as an earner I’m looking into the podcasting due to my accent and out going attitude as well as being very active in discord chats . I hope this was enough to ensure you view me as a top prospect

@Deecee98 10 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

Just so you're aware, with your create date, you're still eligible to do another prompt

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - SoySavant - 07-05-2024

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=51855&pid=813707#pid813707 6/28/2024

Prompt 3 - Letter to GMs

My name is Traffic Cone, I'm an OL coming out of THE I Promise School. I grew up in Akron, Ohio, started playing football when I was 12, and have been grinding ever since. I have experience at LT, RT, and LG so I'm a guy who you can play just about anywhere on the line. What you're getting with me is a lineman with a point to prove. Traffic cones, like myself, have been doubted for ages, always being used as an insult for poor offensive linemen and I'm here to show that we're anything but. Whether it's practice, preseason, a game, or anything else, I'll be giving everything I've got every snap to keep your QB upright and slinging it. If you're willing to give me a chance, I know you won't regret it and your QB will be able to rest easier for it! Thank you to any GMs who took the time to read this.

@SoySavant 10 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - Deecee98 - 07-06-2024

the number 23 means a lot when i started playing at 16 the youngest you could be for my team in scotland i joined an established DB room where the starters all wore traditional DB numbers and the back ups got some number in the 40s so me being given 23 worn by joe Haden, DeAngelo hall and the original Patrick surtain and more recently the best corner on my favourite team jaire alexander meant i was going to be a starter or at least see a big amount of game time. since those days 23 has been my first choice for a number no matter the sport .Now my playing days are done i still use 23 as my lucky number in anything roulette, raffles i pick 23 and it has been good to me and i hope that translates to the isfl and dsfl in temrs of turnovers and  big plays

@Deecee98 10 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

Just so you are aware, given your join date, you're still eligible for a second prompt.