International Simulation Football League
(S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: (S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! (/showthread.php?tid=53410)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: (S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! - Megsychan - 10-01-2024

So, this isn't particularly the most original answer, but the way I would naturally want to answer this question is combining Akane with the Silverback mascot of New York. Indeed, thematically, that is the point of Akane in her first place. The "anger trances" that she gets into were, outside of this RP, thematically tied around primates and simians. She'd get really fucking angry, lose all sense of cognition, and go on a furious rampage with superhuman strength, speed, and endurance. Oftentimes I'd describe the post she'd get into during these trances literally as "silverback-like", and she often even pounds her chest like one as a means of showing superiority to whomever she is fighting. Hell, as I said many times before, Saruta literally has the word for monkey, "saru", buried in it, and that was 200% intentional. Yes, silverbacks are not traditionally considered monkeys (even if in strict taxonomical terms they are, apparently! TIL myself, tbh.), but you get my point. The combination is right there, and I'd be crazy for not at least acknowledging it. And as for what the supercharged silverback Akane can do? Imagine she has the frame and strength of a silverback, but still mantaining the higher cognitive function of a human. She'd be murdering people on the field, plain and simple. Greatest defender of all time.

But I also understand if that's considered a bit of a boring, or at least a cop-out answer. So I want to try to combine two mascots together that no one has tried before yet. My first thought would be to take the Birddog of Dallas, since Dallas is my favorite team. What would be a natural pairing with the birddog? My mind immediately latched onto the Grey Ducks of Minnesota. Thematically, this already works since Minnesota and Dallas are, as of this season, the respective best teams in each DSFL conference, so combining the two together should be scary in that sense alone. But imagine a hunting dog joining forces with the very same duck they were meant to hunt. I'm sure they'd be the ultimate duo for any brawl or melee. The dog would probably be the main fighter of the two, but the duck can help by providing lift or occassionally pecking the eyes out of whoever dares to fight against the duo. And if there's a hunting dog, there's probably a hunter nearby too that can give firing support. The duo, or perhaps trio, would be an unstoppable force of super battle brothers that would smash all competition!

RE: (S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! - Murtsi - 10-01-2024

I think this type of mash up could be done in many ways, but I think to get something interesting, the best way would be to do a mash up of two different teams because there is so much in the identity of the teams and things that you could combine into one team. I had a few thoughts that did not make the final cut, including the Orange County Otters and Arizona Outlaws, where you would have unlawful cowboy otters or then the New Orleans Secondline and the Yellowknife Wraiths where you could have some dooting wraiths coming back from the dead to really scare everyone! The one that I decided on the end is the New York Silverbacks and the Colorado Yeti. It is a bit like Kong vs Godzilla, but just think of the combination of a yeti and a silverback gorilla, it could be gorgeous! Or at least it would be powerful and scary! Something that would scare other teams!

RE: (S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! - ManningTypeAim - 10-01-2024

[Image: q0fxfKc.jpeg]

RE: (S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! - Fangorn - 10-01-2024

If I were to combine two ISFL teams into one abomination, it would be a union not of flesh, but of nightmare—the grotesque convergence of Ray the Manta Ray from the Honolulu Hahalua and Bonobo from the New York Silverbacks. Together, they would birth something beyond comprehension: Raynobo, the Silver Ray.

Bonobo, the Silverbacks’ mascot, is the embodiment of strength and intelligence—a reflection of ourselves, trapped in a form we simultaneously revere and despise. There is no reverence in his eyes, no kinship to be found, only the cruel mimicry of humanity stripped of dignity. He is not our equal but a prisoner of our amusement, trapped in chains that bind tighter with each cheer. To combine him with the fluid lethality of Ray the Manta Ray—a silent predator who haunts the darkened depths—creates a monster of both brute force and chilling grace. Raynobo is not of this earth; he is something forged in the deep recesses of our collective fears. Power without purpose. Agility without mercy. And worst of all, a mind that knows its own futility.

Raynobo would stalk the field, a terror incarnate, its movements too fluid, too calculated for comfort. His presence would be an unsettling reminder of our insatiable thirst for spectacle, the desperate yearning for something to distract us from the void gnawing at the edges of our existence. We watch, hoping for meaning in the chaos, and yet all we find is this ghastly creation, this fractured beast, serving our hollow whims.

Envision, if you will, a gorilla draped in the cold, wet folds of a manta ray's wings, neither creature belonging to the other, yet bound in horrific unity. His heavy fists, wrapped in those unnatural appendages, pound the earth as if calling forth an absent god, the sky offering no answer to his primal cries. He soars through the air, a vision too grotesque to turn away from, a distraction from our own disappointments and failures, the disillusionment of fandom made flesh.

This creature—this Raynobo—would embody a deeper tragedy: the desecration of nature’s order at the hands of man. Bonobo, once a king in his jungle, and Ray, once the predator of the abyss, now molded into an affront to their worlds, twisted for our amusement. A symbol of our meddling, of the unholy power we wield without wisdom. And as Raynobo reigns, a question lingers in the air like a foul stench: Who is the real monster?

RE: (S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! - anuragb - 10-01-2024

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! - bfry - 10-01-2024

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! - Bazooka_Joe - 10-01-2024

PBE affiliate: 
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=37620&view=findpost&p=779360

RE: (S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! - Hepha - 10-01-2024

For this, I think what would easily disrupt the opposing team eam the most on the defensive side of the ball has got to be a monster defensive tackle. For this, you would have to combine a Silverback gorilla (from the New York Silverbacks of course) and a great Luchador (of the Tijuana Luchadores *cough cough* who are 13 time DSFL champions by the way *cough cough*) now, when you look at the strength of a male Silverback gorilla, you can see that they can lift an insane number of around 1,700 pounds. Just looking at that, do you really think ANYBODY could or would run up the middle? No. They could also easily get by any offensive lineman, so quick passes only if they foolishly decide to stay in the pocket. Combine all of this with the skills of a well trained Luchadore, and you have an insanely strong 400+ pound 6 foot 3 absolute machine, who could defend anything. Are you really going to risk getting tackled by a man who'll pick you up and suplex you with that insane strength and weight? Who's also almost guaranteed to make you fumble? I didn't think so. Outside runs and rollout passes only if you're dumb enough to even stay out on the field against this beast.

RE: (S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! - Bigred1580 - 10-01-2024

[Image: Ww9wUI6.png]

RE: (S50) PT #4 - MASH-UPS! - Ben - 10-02-2024

SSL Affiliate