International Simulation Football League
Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Will there ever be a QB drafted again? (/showthread.php?tid=7422)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - DeathOnReddit - 04-14-2019

(04-13-2019, 07:40 PM)124715 Wrote:This did not age well.

my brain is actually huge.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - SwagSloth - 04-14-2019

(02-11-2018, 08:53 PM)bovovovo Wrote:Not having one player going IA or retiring cripple a franchise for a couple (maybe more) seasons
Since this thread has been resurrected, I gotta say...

Too real.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - Jonny2x - 05-02-2019

What about using position change groups? (QB-WR-RB) (OL-TE-FB) (DE-DT-OLB) (ILB-SS-K/P) (CB-FS-K/P)

Groups could be shuffled around or discussed but it would improve realism while allowing for ease of losing an important player to IA.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - AdamS - 05-02-2019

i dont know about groups but i like kinda where you're going

perhaps like individual positions have positions they can change to that sort of make sense for them and that's it

for example..qbs could switch to wr or rb, but rbs could switch to wr, te, wrs could switch to te, cb, s..etc etc

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - TeyonSchavari - 05-02-2019

I agree, I feel there should be certain positions that can/can't change to another one. A 300lb linemen should never become a QB. Safeties, CB, & WR shouldn't ever play on the offensive/defensive line. However, there are plenty of WR's who have played QB and vis versa (Edelman, Terrelle Pryor, Braxton Miller, etc.). Or CB's that have played/switched to WR or Safety, D-linemen going to Linebacker, TE used as WR. I don't know what the exact solution should be, but a position change should at the very least make sense imo.

Another idea that might help is if TPE is capped at a lower value for those that changed position to allow for competition down the line and not discourage future prospects. Maybe like a 600 TPE cap or something, since these types of situations should be temporary. Then, when the team has their replacement in line, this player can switch back to their original position and use their full amount of TPE. I feel like this would be enough to not cripple a team, but also allow new players a chance to take the helm sooner. Less of a 'barrier to entry', if you will.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - iseedoug - 05-02-2019

(05-02-2019, 05:47 AM)Jonny2x Wrote:What about using position change groups?  (QB-WR-RB) (OL-TE-FB) (DE-DT-OLB) (ILB-SS-K/P) (CB-FS-K/P)

Groups could be shuffled around or discussed but it would improve realism while allowing for ease of losing an important player to IA.

I 100% am for this. It seems ridiculous when a CB turns to a DT, etc.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - manicmav36 - 05-02-2019

(05-02-2019, 10:00 AM)iseedoug Wrote:I 100% am for this. It seems ridiculous when a CB turns to a DT, etc.

I understand some want to strive for realism, but at some point we have to consider the fact that everyone is here to have fun. If someone hates being a DT and they want to become a WR, why not let them? I don't want to lose users because some want a bit more realism.

Would this change really make the league more enjoyable for all?

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - nunccoepi - 05-02-2019

(05-02-2019, 11:37 AM)manicmav36 Wrote:I understand some want to strive for realism, but at some point we have to consider the fact that everyone is here to have fun. If someone hates being a DT and they want to become a WR, why not let them? I don't want to lose users because some want a bit more realism.

This is where I'm at. I don't really see the weirdness of the odd position change outweighing the benefit of keeping people engaged.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - iseedoug - 05-02-2019

(05-02-2019, 10:37 AM)manicmav36 Wrote:I understand some want to strive for realism, but at some point we have to consider the fact that everyone is here to have fun. If someone hates being a DT and they want to become a WR, why not let them? I don't want to lose users because some want a bit more realism.

Fair enough. In the grand scheme It doesn't matter much.

Will there ever be a QB drafted again? - TeyonSchavari - 05-02-2019

Quote:I understand some want to strive for realism, but at some point we have to consider the fact that everyone is here to have fun. If someone hates being a DT and they want to become a WR, why not let them? I don't want to lose users because some want a bit more realism.

Maybe have a few conditions? Like, if you've been a CB for 5 or more season you're locked in or have a certain group of positions you can change to (like S/WR), but you can change to any position before then? Because I feel like if you're around for that long in the same position, it's likely you don't have a problem with it. But if you make a bad choice early on, try to stick with it for a couple seasons, but still hate it then you still have the ability to make a change to what you want.

What I would propose as a compromise: If you've been playing for less than 5 seasons (or < a certain number of TPE if we want that to be the threshold), then you have the ability to change to any position you desire. Beyond that, you may change positions, but only to positions that "make sense" or are part of a position group.

This way, high-TPE players are more restricted on what they can switch to (most teams won't be able to just swap their highest earning player to a position of need), and newer players are still able to find what's best for them & have fun.