International Simulation Football League
(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars (/showthread.php?tid=8860)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Raven - 05-26-2018

Quote:Written: Must Include 150 Words. With the DSFL draft on Saturday, we'll see future stars take the spotlight and find out where they'll call home in the DSFL. With some players, who have championship pedigree, and some who are newcomers trying to light the DSFL on fire, there are plenty of players who could make an impact this season. Write about which one you're looking forward to watching and seeing a name made for that prospect.

LaMarcus Strike looks like a lad who will be very exciting to watch this upcoming season. A running back with a nack for running with 78 speed abd 70 endurance this lad will run and run and keep on running the entire game. Watch this lad rack up them yards. He also has some tight hands with sets him apart. With hands like that he wont be slipping the ball like Josh Garden during the last few seconds in the ultimus cup.

We could see Strike work some on his strength as an opponent could easily right now get on his skin and keep him from getting the yards he can get. He needs to be able to defend his running and keep the opponent off him, but we will definatly see this come with age. Last feature I will talk about is his name, Strike is just a killer last name.

(152)

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - timeconsumer - 05-26-2018

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this guy yet. All y'all talking about Kevin Fitzpatrick and other dudes and nobody here talking about the not-so-flashy grinders that interest a guy like me. I personally am looking at safety Bucky Barnes to be a breakout player in S9. He may not be a max earner but he's the kind of dude you can score in round 2 and he could be a lifetime player for your team and really help a franchise succeed.

I think his archetype looks like an ideal moneybacker who can be a safety playing at weakside linebacker in a 4-3 or 3-4. He could even do a few snaps at nickel corner. I'll take a risk on a new guy to the league anyday with upside in a mid round rather than a recreate max earner who goes high in the draft, or in the case of a couple of the QBs you know where they are going to end up. That is the most exciting thing about some of these lesser-known guys to me, the potential is there for the team willing to give them a chance.

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Moosecop - 05-26-2018

[Image: yoFTARu.png]

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Toasty - 05-26-2018

The person I a watching would be the Florida State running back Marquise Brown. Brown has made a splash in the league writing a back story to the short speedy running back. He already has 80 speed as a recruit and 70 endurance to help him keep running. The team that gets this young talent should become a very run heavy team, because , quoting is high school coach " I know you’re going to do big things in the future. You’re something special." He also has 29 posts in 5 days. That is almost 6 posts a day so he has proven that he is going to be an active member of the site. If this kid isn't pick in the first round I will be very surprised. And if not the Pythons should be picking him up. He has also already is averaging a little over 1 TPE per day in the off season without predictions so when I return from my summer break this will be the first person I will be asking about.

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - OBESE - 05-26-2018

Bias or not but Im looking to make the name for myself and I am not that much interested in anyone else making the name. Of course you have some grands in this draft that people are more interested in because of their relationships with other pro players, the agencies they are representing, the positions they are playing in, but I cannot compete with people that are doing something else on the field. I, Declan Harp, am ready for the draft and to show all those who were asking in my presser when I am going to change my position from TE to something different, that I am not about to switch no position and Im gonna be a force to be reckoned with. Coming from a rugby background I have built up myself to a decent level of hands, speed, agility, strength to be able to earn some respect from others. My main goal after the DSFL draft will be to improve myself and grow as far as I can in this level of game and of course to make my name known to fans and coaches all around the league!

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - twiggin56 - 05-26-2018

The player I am most excited to watch would have to be LB Tyler Griffin, I watched this man play college ball at UAB, I must say he is one of the best yo0ung talents I have seen coming out of a small school in a long time. I think he will be a solid young piece on that defense that he was drafted to. He has the speed to make plays at an elite level and could probably even play the Tampa back if needed in a Tampa set. I think he will be one of the top 3 linebackers this season.

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - TheDangaZone - 05-26-2018

[Image: xaiver.png]

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - YoungTB - 05-26-2018

I might be biased, but I'd say that San Antonio RB Marquise Brown will be making waves this year. San Antonio went offense heavy in this draft, picking up active and high-potential players such as QB Kevin Fitzpatrick (who some called the best player in the draft) and WRs Blake Marchand, Jai Turner, and ShaDarien LaMelllana. San Antonio is also revamping their offensive line, bringing in run protection from guards Walters and Jones. To add on to all of this, RB D.J. Riddick will be moved up to San Jose this year, which leaves Brown as the main runningback in this high-powered offense. With all of the offensive changes and revamps going on in San Antonio, Brown was drafted to a great team, probably the best team he could have been drafted to. To add on to all of this, Brown was one of the fastest players in the draft, now boasting 82 speed and 67 agility. He'll be able to burn defensive lineman and defensive backs alike, and it'll be tough trying to take him down from a defensive perspective. The future is bright for Marquise Brown, and if he continues to be active, he'll be a force in the DSFL and NSFL alike, and will be spearheading a new wave of RBs with the older guys now starting to experience the strong maiden of regression.

[227]

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Dawegg - 05-26-2018

I'm a believer that you can never really have too many decent linebackers, especially with the changes coming to blitz percentages that may allow the 3-4 to be viable. Linebackers in general are valuable and form the backbone of a good defense. One of the more quiet players I think who may fit this bill will be Barnaby Earl. He went to the Pythons at the end of the third round, but all signs indicate that he's going to be a player that sticks around for quite some time. The activity is going to be there, and I'm sure that the Pythons got an absolute steal in an unusually deep draft class. If the Pythons play him at MLB or any of the inside linebacking positions, I think that he could realistically have a season similar to Chad Pennington last year. His run stopping archetype is perfect for being the stand up man in the center that can outmuscle interior linemen.

Quote:Word Count: 161

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Mongoose87 - 05-26-2018

I’m looking forward to seeing the impact Ricky Adams makes at running back, this DSFL season. A lot of people like to watch the smooth moves of a finesse back – not me. Adams is exactly my kind of back; he’s the pickup truck to the fast back’s corvette. Sure, the corvette might look a little sleeker, but the pickup will do the work.
I love Adams’ tenacity. The guy hits the hole like it insulted his mother, then runs over the poor bastard that tries to fill it. He’s the kind of back that linebackers hate to go against, because he knows he’s not just going to make them work to shed blocks, he’s going to make sure they have to be playing honest when they make their tackles, too. Let’s be real with ourselves, the tackling in this league has gone way downhill. Adams is going to send these guys back to the dummies.