International Simulation Football League
(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S9) - PT 2 - Expectations (/showthread.php?tid=9628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - DELIRIVM - 07-17-2018

[Image: j3cjMkc.jpg]

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - PigSnout - 07-17-2018

Coming off of their first ever championship win last season, the Wraiths have big expectations again this season. Despite dealing with some regression, they bring back most of last season's roster so they hope to come back and win the championship again this year. They made some big moves this off season to bring in a large amount of cap space that will allow them to field a very strong roster again this season with the extra amount of cap space. With a lot of their key players in regression and a lot of them planning to retire within the next couple seasons, the Wraiths know their current window of contention may not last too much longer so they are looking to go all in while their core is intact. Despite starting the season with a loss, the Wraiths still have one of the most talented rosters in the league this season so they will have a good shot to fulfill their goal of winning another championship this season.

Boss Tweed is also coming off of a strong individual season as he was named Defensive Player of the Year last season as long as Linebacker of the Year. Even though he went through another round of regression this season, he is hoping to follow up this season with a repeat performance by winning both awards again this season. As a loftier goal, he also received some votes for MVP last season, so he would love to follow that up by taking it a step further and winning the MVP award this year, which is rare for a defensive player. Even though he is getting older, Tweed still has some gas left in the tank and is looking to have another big season this year.

Quote:295 Words

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - timeconsumer - 07-17-2018

Expectations for Angus Winchester this season are that he is going to continue to be a dominant defender even as he settles into his 9th season in the NSFL. Although some claim that he has lost a step, Angus Winchester is still as strong and as fast as ever, and he is out to prove that this season as he continues to lead the Otters defense towards the playoffs. The Otters have never missed the playoffs in their history as a team, the only team that has managed to do so. And with Mike Boss starting to show a little wear, but still slinging the ball and letting his league-best receiver corps make plays happen the offense is clicking like it should. The defense just needs to tighten up a little to compensate for having some weaker defensive linemen. Of course Clegane, Wright, and Sierra are still chugging along great but some are getting kind of older and a little sloppier than they used to be, and Fitzfatrick isn't exactly NSFL starter quality. But with elite linebackers like Mason Brown and Angus Winchester along with dynamic safeties Marcus Kane and Jaylon Broxton the Otters defense should be able to get back to their dominance in the middle of the field, forcing quarterbacks to have to pass against the ever dangerous Marc Spector and Jon King.

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - White Cornerback - 07-17-2018

Written: Must include 200 words. With the season starting most players and teams have some expectations for the season. Whether it's winning the league's championship, being the best player they can be, or the opposite and going full tank mode for the future to be better. Write about your expectations for your team/player.

Looking at Yellowknife, there's no doubt that regression hurt us. I wouldn't call us rebuilding, rather retooling or doing renovations while still having potential to contend and possibly repeat... but I wouldn't hold your breath for the latter. Yellowknifes defensive line was hurt by the departure of defensive stalwart and odds on favorite for the NSFL Hall of Fame, Jayce Tuck who left for the New Orleans Second Line in free agency. Micah Hendrix is also playing out his last season for the spooky ghosts while Ricky Maddox is into his 2nd season of regression and it's clearly taking a toll.

Lavelle is still on the quest to 50 interceptions, he is currently leading the league in career interceptions and many hypothesize he will fall short of the 50 mark by the time all is said and done. Lavelle needs to average just 4 interceptions for the remaining 4 seasons to claim it and will need to be on par for that this season which is roughly an interception every 3 games for the rest of his career, a tall task but I feel he has shown he is more than able to overachieve and surpass 50 career interceptions. Ya dig??

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - evryday - 07-17-2018

Portland Pythons safety and punt returner, Shannon Hobbs, doesn’t have any ridiculous goals for the season; he just wants to be the best punt returner in the league his rookie year. He’s got the wheels to do it, too, going into week one as one of the fastest guys in the league. He hopes to break some games wide open with big returns giving his offense a short field to work with. It is an often overlooked aspect of games but Hobbs has made it his mission to focus on the return game as a way to make him more valuable to his team.

As for the team, I expect the Pythons to battle for a top spot in the league. They had one of the best pass defenses in the league last season but it did not equate to a lot of wins for them, or not as many as they had hoped anyway. This season, they added new faces to that pass defense and can hopefully get it done on offense to put more points on the board and get a few more games in the win column. I think we can get it done on defense so it would be up to our offense to help out the defense. And as I said, an improved special teams can go a long way towards getting some more wins.

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - Raven - 07-17-2018

Quote:Written: Must include 200 words. With the season starting most players and teams have some expectations for the season. Whether it's winning the league's championship, being the best player they can be, or the opposite and going full tank mode for the future to be better. Write about your expectations for your team/player.

Team wise I expect us to head into the playoffs again. We're in a tough division with the mighty Wraiths and the up in coming Yeti wanting playoff football. However I feel like with a new logo backing us up, our lovely fans and a great set of players and the users behind these players, we have a great chance of making it. We need to start winning a cup while we're still in shape to win one. Who knows how the team handles the increasing regression and no one can tell what happens in future seasons to our players.

Player wise I expect Turkleton to be himself. Madly average / absolute garbage as always. However Turk has started to be dragged down by the regression gods and with the tpe levels constantly getting to a lower level, he might actually start playing well again. We all know that kicker sadly is a bit of a skewered position. Positively though, I hope to see Turk kick a good season. It's time for him to show the world he can be a HOF kicker, although time is running out. With about 4 more seasons to come for him, he has to start showing his strong side.

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - bovovovo - 07-17-2018

Borkus Maximus III's expectations for this reason are simple: To win the Ultimus. That's right, nothing more nothing less but to win the big game at the end of the year that is what Borkus expects that's actually what everyone in New Orleans expects this season is to win the Ultimus that's what he expects and what we expect and what the team expects and what I expect and what everyone else around the league expects and what people on the Twitter expect and what you expect and what talking heads expect and what Borkus expects: That the New Orleans Second Line will win the Ultimus this season in season 9 Ultimus when they (The New Orleans Second Line) will win the Ultimus in season 9 and that is what Borkus expects will happen that is the only expectation of Borkus Maximus the third that the New Orleans Second Line will win the Ultimus in S 9 that is to say in this season he will win and they will win and it will be the Ultimus that they win in the playoffs of season 9 the next playoffs and the next Ultimus game will be won by NOLA that is the expectation.

(203 words)

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - kckolbe - 07-17-2018

It would be extremely generous to say that Kevin Fitzpatrick is trying to be the best player he can be, and far more accurate to say he is more trying to avoid being the worst player he can be. Despite being a highly rated prospect and being the top QB in the DSFL, he knows that he is now surrounded and contested by much more capable players. He’s had to sit through a lot of game tape and has seen very capable DSFL QBs fall apart when facing faster pass-rushers and more aware defensive backs. He knows that the past 2 rookies have combined for 1 win and 27 losses. He knows they have combined for 12 TDs and 52 interceptions. He expects to exceed those numbers, thanks largely to someone not even on his team. Logan Noble will easily be the worst QB in the league. A year ago, he might have outperformed some rookies, but now he just has nothing left and is only playing to fulfill a league obligation. Thanks to him, there are 2 additional games that Fitzpatrick has a real shot at winning. When all is said and done, Fitz expects to be at or slightly above the level Pennington played at last year, with 2-4 wins.

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - Bayley - 07-17-2018

This season is win it all or bust. If I am going to catch Dermot Lavelle for the Interceptions lead, now is the time that I need to get it. I have already started off well with 2 INT in the first game. We will see the Liberty again as well as see the Sabercats. Now is where I need to lead my team and the defense into the Playoffs. We need to get by the Otters and get into that Ultimus Game. This is our season, the Second Line are primed to make a huge run at the Championship, I honestly would expect nothing less. This is setup to be one of my best seasons as well as a player since doing really well one season. I told Lavelle that I am going to catch him, I am going to do it. There is no question about that. The Second Line are going to be your next Champions, I see everyone else going downhill, the Second Line just keep going up. It is time for Benson Bayley to finally get recognition for the Defensive Back of the Year. This is going to be my year, this is going to be our year.
Quote:Words: 203

(S9) - PT 2 - Expectations - Titan127 - 07-17-2018

Last year, the Yellowknife Wraiths attained the Ultimus Championship, which is still our one, universal goal: Winning championships. But beyond that, I myself am aiming for a much better season. Last year, I only racked up 4 sacks on the way to a rather mediocre overall season, and I plan to do much better now. My current goals are forty tackles, ten tackles for a loss, and eight sacks. Whether or not this is doable, I can not say, but those benchmarks, as well as making the NSFL pro bowl for the first time in my career, represent my personal expectations for this season. It would mean that I have finally gone beyond what was asked of me as a second round pick, and shown the team that I was worth the draft selection. Granted, if I simply produce the way I did last year, four sacks, twenty seven tackles, I don't think that anyone besides myself would be overly surprised, or disappointed, for that matter, but personally, it would represent a great jump in production and importance to the squad. So, in short, my personal goal is a pro bowl appearance and a significant jump in my defensive production, while the team goal remains the same: Winning the Ultimus Championship.