International Simulation Football League
PTs / TPE gains - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: PTs / TPE gains (/showthread.php?tid=1129)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

PTs / TPE gains - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 06-09-2017

Lose the silly money system and pay everything in TPE. For me personally I have like 14 million saved up, which means I don't need to write at all this year. Might kill medias if ppl decide to do one huge article. Make it so contracts can purchase TPE. Or make x dollars equal Y tpe. Or both

Just do it like the SBA does. I'm not familiar with SHL, id imagine thats where this all came from.

Also need to figure in regression and shit so itd take guys longer than the 8-13 seasons to sniff a max out.

PTs / TPE gains - Stormblessed - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 10:52 AM)JBLAZE_THE_BOSS Wrote:Lose the silly money system and pay everything in TPE. For me personally I have like 14 million saved up, which means I don't need to write at all this year. Might kill medias if ppl decide to do one huge article.

Just do it like the SBA does. I'm not familiar with SHL, id imagine thats where this all came from.

Also need to figure in regression and shit so itd take guys longer than the 8-13 seasons to sniff a max out.

Yes! This is way easier.

It also reduces the barrier to entry for new guys. Less random stuff to learn. It really feels disjointed around here.

PTs / TPE gains - Admin - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 10:49 AM)Bengals1Fan Wrote:I'll explain. The money aspect of the league is one of the most pointless things i've seen in a long time. I do a PT right? What do I want? TPE. So why in the flying fidoodle am I having to convert that PT to money in any shape of forum where 1 mil or 500K or whatever or 1 PT doesn't equal a set number of TPE.

1 Graphic or 1 Article should equal a certain number of TPE. Period.

Then paying the employees of this league in cash? That's a HUGE slap in the face.

Think about it this way. Do a lot of NFL players play 13 seasons? Fuck no they dont. Do they take 13 years to reach their peak? Fuck no they dont. So why are we having that happen here? NFL shelf life for a HB is like 5-8 seasons and a lot of them play their best football in seasons 1-7.  The system currently has no arc, it's all just upward trajectory.
Let's talk about the money system vs the TPE for articles system

In those leagues contracts are worth money. What is money used for? Equipment and training, or does weekly media TPE replace training?

If the majority of people like one system over another change can happen , I went with the money system because it's what myself and the other guys getting this off the ground know best. We're SHL people, so we weren't going to jump into a new system we don't know inside and out.

In the TPE for media style can you earn money outside of just your contract?

PTs / TPE gains - adam2552 - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 01:52 PM)JBLAZE_THE_BOSS Wrote:Lose the silly money system and pay everything in TPE. For me personally I have like 14 million saved up, which means I don't need to write at all this year. Might kill medias if ppl decide to do one huge article. Make it so contracts can purchase TPE. Or make x dollars equal Y tpe. Or both

Real life football players peak depends on position, but generally is between age 26 and age 29. So if a player can come in at 20, they should be able to max in 6-7 years, then start regressing around age 30. Obviously this differs based on position, RBs peak younger and wear down earlier, QBs peak older but can sustain their peak for longer (Peyton, Brady, etc.). You would need a regression system for each position.

PTs / TPE gains - Bengals1Fan - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 12:55 PM)Ballerstorm Wrote:Let's talk about the money system vs the TPE for articles system

In those leagues contracts are worth money. What is money used for? Equipment and training, or does weekly media TPE replace training?

If the majority of people like one system over another change can happen , I went with the money system because it's what myself  and the other guys getting this off the ground know best. We're SHL people, so we weren't going to jump into a new system we don't know inside and out.

Baller you literally were in the WFL where the system im explaining was in place. The money is used for training which you can get once a season (Pre-Season) then all the other medias are worth TPE. Why the fuck would you want to earn extra cash outside of your contract? You can only get the TC once a season?

(06-09-2017, 12:55 PM)Ballerstorm Wrote:Let's talk about the money system vs the TPE for articles system

If the majority of people like one system over another change can happen , I went with the money system because it's what myself  and the other guys getting this off the ground know best. We're SHL people, so we weren't going to jump into a new system we don't know inside and out.

If you want money to really mean something, make a tiered player store. So like, 10 mil is 20 tpe, 8 mil 18 tpe, 5 mil 15, 3 mil 8, etc etc obv my math is way off but you get the hint. Makes contracts actually worth something and gives a reason to chase the $$. Or get creative and make money for "equipment packages" or something that gives points to a handful of attributes, get creative with it who knows.

Make league employees have a cap of tpe per week and regular guys a slightly lower cap, motivates guys to get jobs.

I gotta agree 3 mil to grade is kinda silly, 9 tpe per season to read and give a critique of several pieces per week kinda makes it not seem worth it, especially since I don't really need the money. If it was for TPE, there would be no question on if you want to grade or not. Do it so 500 words is the max tpe or whatever and then graders just check it over and approve. Just like SBA. This way ppl dont need to wait for stuff to get graded if there is a back log. But media wont be this hot all season once guys get a few mil to play with theyll go down drastically.

PTs / TPE gains - Kendrick - 06-09-2017

Some changes will stick, some won't but I think their are positives from both sides.

(06-09-2017, 01:13 PM)Kendrick Wrote:The fact that they have to think about changing it after the league has already opened is a bit alarming.

At least theyre open and receptive to improvement. Itd be more alarming if they didnt give a shit.

PTs / TPE gains - Admin - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 11:15 AM)JBLAZE_THE_BOSS Wrote:At least theyre open and receptive to improvement. Itd be more alarming if they didnt give a shit.
It's like it's a huge suprise that we went with an SHL money system when everyone who started this league came from that system.

Threads like this are a good thing to see what everyone here is feeling, what they would like tweaked, and what they would like gone completely.

PTs / TPE gains - Kendrick - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 11:15 AM)JBLAZE_THE_BOSS Wrote:At least theyre open and receptive to improvement. Itd be more alarming if they didnt give a shit.
This is true.