International Simulation Football League
(S14) Ultimus Week! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S14) Ultimus Week! (/showthread.php?tid=13069)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Eco - 04-24-2019

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews
[Image: M4zW7VT.png]

3) All about the QBs
[Image: aM0mOMh.png]

5) Spotlight on Youth
[Image: v5THEro.png]

17) Banner
[Image: pyuCJjM.png]

(S14) Ultimus Week! - flyeaglesfly29 - 04-24-2019

All about the QBs 236 Words

The upcoming QB matchup in the Ultimini between Corvo Havran representing the Tijuana Luchadores and Franklin Armstrong from the Portland Pythons will be an interesting one. These two finished the DSFL regular season as the number 1 and number 2 ranked quarterbacks in passing yards. Armstrong lead the league in QB rating with 85.8, while Havran posted a modest 78.8. While Havran edged out Armstrong in passing yards, Franklin lead the league in touchdown passes (22) and doubled Havran in the process (11 TD Passes).

Havran does have the upper hand when it comes to rushing the ball finishing with 165 yards rushing compared to Armstrong's 18 yards rushing. Both of these QBs have been outstanding leaders for their respective teams, but if I had to choose one of them for my team I would go with Armstrong. Havran may be a little more athletic but I feel like Armstrong just has more natural ability and leadership qualities.

Another thing to consider when choosing who you think might lead their teams to a Ultimini championship later this week would be the strength of their teams. Armstrong has one of the best defenses I have seen in the DSFL when you consider the talent on that roster, but the Luchadores did create more turnovers than the Pythons. I am still in believer in Armstrong leading the Pythons to victory but we shall see what happens!

Head to Head Matchups 258 words

This head to head matchup spotlight will be shedding some light on the upcoming battle between Tijuana running back Forrest Gump and Portland linebacker Leighton Lee. If there is one thing that Forrest knows how to do, it is RUN and very quickly at that! Gump's speed is through the roof and that has helped him finish with the 6th most rushing yards in the DSFL and number 1 in rushing touchdowns with an outrageous 18!! Mr. Gump also contributed 15 catches for 91 yards and one receiving TD on the year showing that he is versatile in the passing game. And now onto the man that will be looking to bring this TD train to a holt.

Although Leighton Lee is a NSFL send down, there is no denying that he is one of the very best defensive players in the DSFL period. Who had more tackles than anyone else in the league? Lee did! And it wasn't by a slim margin either. Lee finished the regular season with 150 tackles, which is 27 more than anyone else in the league! The main is a nightmare for opposing offenses because he is seemingly everywhere! Averaging almost 11 tackles a game is no joke. While Lee is a strong fellow, do not underestimate his speed. Lee is one of the fastest linebackers in the DSFL right now and he has the ability to track down ball carriers all over the field. I am very interested to see these two behemoths take the field and battle this coming week!

Next Year 201 Words

While I can not say with 100% confidence that this upcoming season will be the one where the Coyotes make it all the way, I am convinced that by season 16 the Coyotes will be a Ultimini competing squad. Obviously, Rradum and I took over the Coyotes in the middle to end of this season and already I feel like things are turning around. The Coyotes also suffered from a very poor draft with one of the biggest classes ever, so that is a set back.

However, under new leadership and with Rradum and myself being much more on top of things for this team moving forward I think that we can be very successful! As the draft season is in full swing we are now beginning our vetting process and we plan to make this one count! Couple that with staying on top of our rookies and current active roster members to gain all of the TPE possible, I think that we can turn this ship around.

By drafting players that are dedicated to making a difference and gaining the most TPE possible we have a real chance to build something from the ground level and bring it to prominence.

Trades 253 Words

When it comes to trades, this is kind of a two player thing for me. When you look at the Coyotes and the changes that were made mid season you could make an argument that a trade helped and hurt this organization. Being able to move Leaf to the Norfolk Seawolves and then acquire myself to help anchor the defense is a big deal.

Leaf hampered the Coyotes offense with his lackluster ability to play the QB position and also hurt the moral in the locker room. Unwilling to switch positions as a part of the Coyotes, we had to make the decision to ship him out to the Seawolves where he would make the switch to defensive tackle. While I feel like this was a good move for the Seawolves in gaining a player with such high TPE as a defensive tackle, it also hurt the Coyotes in losing such a player that could have been useful somewhere besides the QB position.

On the flip side of things, and while I am not trying to toot my own horn I do feel like gaining my player at the LB position was very helpful. Our defense was noticeably better after players were moved around and the depth chart was updated, but I would like to think that my player had something to do with that. I pride myself on being involved and doing all that I can to gain the most TPE and I think that showed in my performance on the field!

(S14) Ultimus Week! - ErMurazor - 04-24-2019

2. The San Jose Sabercats are going to be facing the Orange County Otters down in Orange County again. This is a rivalry that has evolved in recent years though it has admittedly been quite one-sided in favor of the Orange County Otters. Even after the San Jose Sabercats secured homefield advantage through the playoffs last season the Otters were able to come up north and smack the San Jose Sabercats in the mouth in their own house. After an embarrassing defeat at home it is difficult to argue that the San Jose Sabercats are anything but underdogs in this match up between the two California rivals. However, the San Jose Sabercats have the ability and talent to win. This team is extremely young and after being the favorites last season they have improved across the board as a team despite it now showing up in the win column thus far. The San Jose Sabercats have the best defense in the league and I do not think any team is all that close. The key match up in this one is likely going to be the Orange County offense and the San Jose Sabercats’ defensive line. The line is going to need to show up and slow down the Orange County offense that the team has ridden for years. If they do so, they can win this one on the road.

5. The San Jose Sabercats defense is a unit in the league that has worked on building up is reputation over the last several seasons. Recently, teams have begun to recognize what the San Jose Sabercats defense is capable of and that it is good enough to help the team win games even if the office is struggling and not firing on all cylinders. The San Jose Sabercats biggest strength here relative to other teams around the National Simulation Football League is in its defensive line. In their first playoff win the San Jose Sabercats saw the defensive line take over the game and shut down the Orange County Offense long enough for the San Jose Sabercats to escape Orange County with a playoff win on the road. In that match-up Football Sackerman was a human wrecking ball from the defensive tackle position. I think that in this Ultimus game his counterpart and younger, but higher ceilinged teammates Freezer Riposte has the opportunity to be a game wrecker for the Philadelphia Liberty. Freeze is a beast on the defensive front and arguably the most a talented player on the line that teams are beginning to fear. I believe Freezer can come into the Ultimus in just his third season and have an MVP type performance.

6. The San Jose Sabercats have waited long enough to be able to call themselves champions. They have had some ups and downs over the years, though there have obviously been a few more downs, things feel different in the city of San Jose now. The front office is still intact but players and fans genuinely feel the team they have put together is special and capable of going all the way. Last season was one of the biggest let downs in franchise history when the San Jose Sabercats had an all time great season for the franchise but went into the playoffs as the top seeded team and lost at home to the evil dynasty that is the Orange County Otters. This is their time. There are a lot of young players on the San Jose Sabercats that have come up together and suffered through let downs and the sad history of this franchise, but they hung up their fears of the past and believed that together they could break the cycle. The San Jose Sabercats are hungry for their first title and that hunger is not something that opponents or fans should overlook. This may not be the season where they are crowned the champions, but it certainly should be.

13. The most exciting moment in the playoffs for a lot of the league’s most die hard fans were the final seconds of the Ultimus waiting for the clock to hit zero and allow the San Jose Sabercats to claim their first ever title in league history. Not only was that moment the first championship for one of the league’s founding teams, it was their first ever appearance in the Ultimus making them 1-0 in the big show. For the entire history of the league the San Jose Sabercats have been a bit of an underdog that just could not find success. They were often not the worst team in the league but it was rare for them to be ranked in the top tier with the teams that have experienced so much success. Last season was really a year where they had the pieces and talent to compete and win but after one rough season that failed to meet expectations the San Jose Sabercats front office was able to see what players on their team were able to handle a tiny bit of adversity and which ones were too soft to make it. After the clock hit zero and the San Jose Sabercats were champions the front office and the players that stuck with the franchise were vindicated. The city of San Jose was able to call itself home of the champions and many fans who have suffered through some hard times were rewarded for their loyalty.

(S14) Ultimus Week! - TheWoZy - 04-24-2019

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:

In the NFSC, the Baltimore Hawks will host the Philadelphia Liberty in the playoffs conference game. Those two teams went even this season but in the last game of the regular season, the Liberty got demolished in Baltimore. Since the Hawks have the home field advantage, they are the favorite to make it to the Ultimus game. Childish Gambino has been phenomenal this season and he was even better against the Liberty. He completed 30 out 33 passes in the last game and the Hawks he will continue to play great during the postseason. Marquise Brown was also great for the Hawks. He had scored 16 touchdowns this season and he will be a key weapon for this matchup.

This is going to be a very tough game for the Liberty. They have struggled in Baltimore. Adriana Falconi has been playing well this season but she needs to step up her game. She didn't show up in the last game of the regular season in Baltimore. She have to outplay Childish Gambino or the season will be over for the Liberty. Fast Boija will play his first playoffs game and it won't be easy for him. The playoffs is a different environment and there will be a lot of pressure on him. He needs to be playing at a higher level because Falconi needs him.

2) Underdog

The San Jose Sabecats have the best chance to make an upset. They are the best defensive team in the league and we all know defense wins championship. If there's a team who could stop the Orange County Otters, it's the Sabercats. This season, San Jose has been better overall against the Otters. The last time they have played it was in Orange County. The otters have won the game by 3 points. Showbiz threw a touchdown in the last two minutes of the game and Orange County hopes he's going to be clutch once again. He had a great regular season, scoring 38 touchdowns for the Otters. He's going to be their primary weapon for the team. Crush and Sunnycursed will have a tough time against the Sabercats defense. Castle and Troyski have been the best cornerback duo and they will try to stop the Otters offense who have been the best this season. Kolby Deringer, the best defensive player in the league, will be the best player for the Sabercats. He will be the one to stop Showbiz and his offense. Joliet L. Christ has been the better quarterback when the two teams played in Orange County. If he plays like he played in week 10, there's a high chance that Sabercats win the series.

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Rise of Smitty - 04-24-2019

1. PBE PT

3. I was most excited to watch Childish Gambino in this year's Road to the Ultimus. He is not only my favorite rap artist, but one of my favorite actors, and honestly is the only person on the planet earth that I would fan girl over if I had the opportunity to meet him. When I saw he was also in the NSFL I was like, what can't this guy do? The answer is nothing because he does it all. It was unfortunate that the Hawks lost in the first round but regardless of that Gambino should still win the Most Valuable Player award. I got the pleasure of really following Gambino closely all season due to having him in fantasy football so watching him again was a real treat. As mentioned, it is unfortunate the Hawks lost, but Gambino played at an MVP level with 289 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, and a 120.8 QB Rating. The guy was lights out but the opposing quarterback Falconi was just a bit better on this day. I am sad that next season will be Gambino's last but at least I got to watch him at his best. It is best to take this game at remember it as it may be the last one I get to witness with Gambino in the playoffs!

5. There wasn't a lot of youth as impactful this season as the Philadelphia Liberty rookie running back Fast Boija. He was Philadelphia's leading rusher on the season with 781 yards and five touchdowns on 186 carries. He also showed some receiving chops with 31 receptions for 319 yards and two touchdowns. The Liberty relied on the young kid to do a lot on offense but unfortunately he was not called upon to do much in the playoffs. Between the two games he accumulated just 66 yards on 19 carries but he was able to find the end zone in the Ultimus. He had a chance to make a big impact on the game but he was unable to find much room on limited carries and ultimately hurt the Liberty when it mattered the most: in the Ultimus. The inability to make defenders miss made the Liberty offense one dimensional and made it easy for the San Jose Sabercats to key in on the quarterback. The Sabercats got to Falconi four times as Boija was unable to provide a threat or pickup defenders. It was an unfortunate timing for Boija to struggle as this was his first taste of the big dance but if anything it gave the young kid a reality check and helps him realize what he needs to work on moving forward. There is always a positive to take in the darkest of times and that positive if that Boija made it to the big stage as a key offensive contributor in his first season. He has a lot of time left and lot of success still out there to achieve.

1. You just won the Ultimi in convincing fashion over the Luchadores. How does it feel?

Emondov Emoji (BWIII): "It's hands down the best moment of my career so far. The whole season has been a lot of ups and downs, but to cap it off the way we did as a team and against a storied team like the Luchadores, I'm not sure you could ask for a better way to finish off my time in the DSFL."

2. Who would you credit with having the biggest impact on the team in your march to the Ultimi? Excluding the quarterback.

Emondov Emoji (BWIII): "That's tough, I suppose the offense is pretty well balanced and the things they did was pretty well spread out, so I'd have to go with my unit and say Leighton Lee made the biggest impact. In the box score you may see that he only had 10 tackles, but his impact was much more than that. He's one of those players that's always out there flying around and always around the ball, but even when he's not he's pumping up our defense, making sure we keep on our toes and ready to make a play at any time."

3. Do you feel cheated that you did not get to face the San Antonio Marshals in the Ultimi? Do you feel like people will discredit or put an asterix next to this win in any way?

Emondov Emoji (BWIII): "Not all, I think that when it comes to the playoffs the teams that make it to the Ultimini are the ones that showed up and played the game that was in front of them and this year that was us and Tijuana. Would I have liked to play San Antonio? Sure, why not, it'd probably be a pretty good game. At the end of the day though they didn't do enough to make it to the final game and anyone who wants to discredit us because of something like that might want to look at themselves first because that's something that can't be controlled."

4. What's next for you? Are you looking to get in the NSFL or do you plan to stick around Portland for a bit longer?

Emondov Emoji (BWIII): "I'm headed off to the NSFL for sure. I'd love to stay down and play with some of these guys again, whatever ones end up playing down again, but for I think I've done all I could do for Portland and I'm ready for the next stage. No idea where what team I'm headed to, but for now just looking forward to the whole journey."

(S14) Ultimus Week! - soryantyler - 04-24-2019

PBE PT | Task 1/4

Talk with a fanSadInterview)
So Murphy how do you like the Outlaws Locker Room?
1. The outlaws locker room has always been active and always willing (to give trivia answers) to talk about life shit.
How do you like CB?
I’ve actually disliked playing CB. I have wanted to switch to WR recently and I think I’ll be more appreciated at that position.
If you were to position switch what would you switch to?
Again, I would love to switch to WR as I feel that CB isn’t really the position for me.
If you could improve in one area of your game where would you say?
I think my game right now is as good as it can be, although I’m not very handsy for a potential WR.

Spotlight on youth
Who else would I talk about other than the best duo in the DSFL history and two of the biggest pieces of an elite defense for the Portland Pythons. Leighton Lee and Gekyume Stokeley. Leighton Lee won defensive player of the year so that already speaks numbers on what he was able to accomplish this season for the Portland Pythons. He also was selected as a starter for the Pro Bowl! Dude had a monster season where he terrorized all around the field as a perfect balanced linebacker. He will be called up to join the pros next season and lead a young Arizona Outlaw defense next season. Now we talk about his partner in crime, Gekyume Stokeley. Gekyume obviously can't match Lee where Lee won defensive player of the year but he did get the nod to start next to Leighton Lee in the Pro Bowl showing you that Portland had a terrific duo that will now be together in the Pro Bowl AND in the Pros playing alongside each other for the Arizona Outlaws. Leighton Lee was better at everything besides rushing the passer and that's where Gekyume shined as a blitzing linebacker up the middle. Both of these guys are dominating and really showed that they helped the Portland Pythons win it all!

Our Time
The Portland Pythons won it all on the sheer fact that they had a dominant player at almost every position. We had the best quarterback in the DSFL in Franklin Armstrong who is a starter for the Pro Bowl. Kermit Stronglegs who was a running back reserve in the Pro Bowl. Bona'beri Jones was the best wide receiver in the league and adding him with Armstrong is a disgusting combo for Portland. Roman Stakowski was a reserve for tight ends. Gregor Clegaine was a starter for offensive linemen. Totaling 5 players on offense for the Portland Pythons. CrayCray Lewis and Frasier Crane both made the Pro Bowl for defensive ends, Lewis a starter and Crane a reserve. AJ Lattimer was a starter for the defensive tackle position. Leighton Lee and Gekyume Stokeley were again a dynamic duo and both starters in the Pro Bowl and also had Lanzer Grevious their teammate as their reserve for linebackers. Emondov Emoji was a starter and Xerxes Ridley a reserve for the cornerbacks. Richard D'Attoria got the nod as a starter in the Pro Bowl. Alex Dasistwirklichseinnachname was easily the best kicker in the league and deserves the kicker spot in the Pro Bowl. RKANSAW N/A got the punt returner role in the Pro Bowl. Totaling 9 players from this elite defense that made the Pro Bowl this is why this team deserved to win it all.

(S14) Ultimus Week! - SwagSloth - 04-25-2019

SwagSloth’s S14 Ultimus Podcast (Full Link)

4)All about the QBs
Written: Write 200 words on one of the QB matchups in this year's playoffs.
1:06 - 8:07 (7:01)

14) Going to Disneyland!
Written: Who was the Ultimus or Ultimini MVP? Give us a rundown of their celebratory trip to Disneyland, or describe how they celebrated.
12:27-19:43 (7:16)

10) Trades
Written: Talk about a player who was traded this past offseason or was a free agent signing and how they will affect the Ultimus or Ultimini, or how they helped their new team in making the playoffs, or cost their old team.
20:04-36:10 (16:06)

7)Next year
Written: If your team has been eliminated, why will next year, or the year after that, be the year that your team is going to win the Ultimus or Ultimini.
49:05-57:45 (8:40)

(S14) Ultimus Week! - JuOSu - 04-25-2019

1) PBE PT

2) Unsung Hero

The unsung hero of the championship game was clearly Bucky Barnes, the defender for the Philadelphia Liberty. Had the Liberty won that game, I believe Barnes would easily be the ultimus MVP. Barnes was incredible all game long and dominated. He recorded six tackles, one of which ended up in a forced fumble. Additionally he was great in the passing defense as well, defending 3 passes directly, including one which ended up as an interception, which he promptly returned for a touchdown for 46 yards. At the time, that gave Philadelphia the lead in the game in the second quarter, a lead they held even into half time, but then fell apart in the second half a bit. Barnes was still excellent and deserves some recognition for his amazing game. It was interesting to see how much Barnes improved from the first round of the playoffs to the championship game, in the first round he only recorded 5 tackles and nothing else, but then really came through in the ultimus game. The performance was especially underrated as Barnes only recorded 4 pass defenses and one interception all season long, but then had 3 and an interception in the title game alone! What a game by him.

3) Next year

Look, I know this is biased, but I have to write about my own team. I mean of course I do! The New Orleans Second Line weren't exactly great this year, I get that. We are in the middle of a rebuild and are not exactly the best team. We haven't fully figured out our path yet, with an aging quarterback and an aging star wide receiver. Our defense had a lot of holes this year, throwing out a team of misfit toys, inactives and players playing out of position. But when you look at our scoring, it really wasn't so terrible. On offense, we did well, scoring 331 points, which was 6th in the league, but only 6 points behind 5th. It was our defense that gave us bigger issues, allowing 405 points. The good news is: We have a lot of draft picks in a stacked draft and we intend to make the most of it. Our clear need is defense where we need to really start to make a push to be better. I believe we can at least make our defense competitive right away, which should at least give us a shot at getting close to .500 and a potentially push for a playoff spot by next season but even more realistically the year after, if we can draft well this season.

4) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:

In the ultimus game, the Philadelphia Liberty met the San Jose Sabercats. Both teams had gone 9-5 this season and there was a realistic expectation that this game could be close. In the first quarter, both teams managed to score a field goal. San Jose took the lead in the second quarter briefly before an arroneous throw ended up in Bucky Barnes' hands who returned it for a touchdown to give the Liberty the lead. A few minutes later they extended that lead with a Boija run to make it 17-6. It seemed like the Liberty had a good shot here. Before the half, San Jose managed to make it close though, with a field goal and then a short touchdown pass right away to make it 17-16 at the half. The third quarter belonged to San Jose, adding another field goal and another short touchdown pass, making it 26-17, with San Jose now scoring 20 points in a row to take a comfortable lead. Following a Jordan von Matt touchdown, the game got close again briefly but another field goal and a final touchdown gave San Jose the deserved win. The touchdown with 1:26 to go at the end was just the icing on the cake and made this game look far more decisive than it really was.

(S14) Ultimus Week! - TeyonSchavari - 04-25-2019

1. Playoff Reviews [223 words]

Wow, these DSFL playoffs games were something special. We had nailbiters, upsets, and one team named Champion!

Lets start with Tijuana VS San Antonio, the Luchadores VS the Marshals. San Antonio came into the playoffs with only one loss on the year and home field advantage, looking unstoppable. However, whispers of the Marshals' playoff curse would ring true, as Tijuana had other plans. Stingy defense held off any comeback efforts by San Antonio, as they would complete the upset and win 30-21.

Next we have a thrilling matchup between Norfolk and Portland. It was a sloppy game, with turnovers and punts prevalent. It was definitely a kicking duel as both teams only scored one touchdown, and Portland didn't score offensively as their TD was a pick six. In the end, the Pythons got the last lucky strike, edging out the Seawolves 16-13.

How about this championship game. Both teams came with fire, but the Luchadores just could not stop the Python offense despite forcing Armstrong to throw 3 picks. The Pythons were rolling on the ground, with 3 separate rushers going over 75 yards for a team total of 252 yards. Penalties also destroyed Tijuana's chances, as they accrued 85 penalty yards to the Pythons 20. In the end, Portland came out on top, 34-20.

The Portland Pythons are your Ultimini champions! Congrats!

3. All about the QBs [224 words]

There were a lot of great QB matchups during these playoffs. Guys like Franklin Armstrong, who set a couple of records through the course of the season, along with NSFL draft picks Cooter Bigsby and Corvo Havran. The one that I was most excited for was when the San Antonio Marshals took on the Tijuana Luchadores: first overall pick for the NSFL in Bigsby VS the second overall pick, Havran. I'm not sure how any other QB duel can be more hyped up than this. You've got the surgical precision of Bigsby leading the powerhouse Marshal offense against the big arm of Havran, who was instrumental to his teams success as well. During the game, it was a fun to watch these guys duke it out. Neither of them had crazy yardage stats, but they did both finish with exactly 156 yards, which goes to show how evenly matched these two are. Bigsby was able to get 2 more touchdowns than Havran, but he turned the ball over on a pick while Havran had none. It was an exciting matchup, and although Bigsby had the edge on stats, Havran and his team had a better overall game as the Luchadores beat the Marshals in a fantastic upset. Here's to hoping we see more of this matchup when they are starting for an NSFL team.

13. That Magic Moment [213 words]

In this season's playoff games, there were many memorable moments, especially being on the team that ended up winning the Ultimini. But the one standout moment from this years playoffs was when Lanzer Greivous took an interception to the house in what might have been the most important moment of the entire postseason.

We were down by a touchdown, and we were just getting into the fourth quarter. Our offense was stalling, Armstrong had some struggles, and it was beginning to look like we wouldn't be able to catch up to Norfolk. Their defense had been playing lights out. Our defense needed to just do something to get us back before it was too late. In a pivotal moment, Grievous read Longshaw like a book and stepped in front of his pass, bringing it the other way and scoring untouched. It was pure elation on the Pythons side, and gave us a spark that led to us getting the win. It was so exciting to see.

Without that play, none of what happened after would have been possible. We could have easily been eliminated, and we would have seen a completely different championship play out. Could you imagine Norfolk winning it all after going 6-8? No thank you. Lanzer Greivous, you're the man.

14. Going to Disneyland! [261 words]

In the Ultimini, there were many performances worthy of MVP. Between the three headed rushing attack of the Pythons, Armstrong's 3 passing TDs, and some great receiving performances, many candidates have a good argument. But, nobody has a better argument than Ultimini MVP Rkansaw N/A, who was able to run for 77 yards on 12 attempts for a great 6.4 yards per carry and a touchdown, as well as adding 47 yards on 4 receptions and a second touchdown through the air. This talented back may have had to sacrifice some opportunities to the other great rushers on his team, but he made the most out of what he had, and is very deserving of this honor.

After the game, we interviewed Rkansaw to see how his celebratory trip to Disneyland was expected to go. "I can't wait!" said Rkansaw. "I've got family that will love to go, and I'll make sure to ride everything I possibly can. We ended the season in the best way possible, it's time to let loose!"

It is said that he took his parents, brothers, sisters, and girlfriend with him on the trip. He was able to see all of the attractions available, which was an amazing experience for him. "I loved my trip. I'll definitely take my kids there whenever that happens down the line. I'll be doing this again when I win the Ultimus as an NSFL player!"

Rkansaw made the most of his opportunities on the field, and rightfully rewarded himself off the field. Congratulations to Rkansaw N/A and the Portland Pythons!

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Rradum - 04-25-2019

3) All about the QBs:

The first game of the playoffs, Liberty versus Hawks, was a spectacle to watch. This was probably one of the best Quarterback matchups I've seen so far in the NSFL. Childish Gambino of the Hawks, and Adriana Falconi of the Liberty were battling like a clash of the titans. It was an even match up all game with Falconi throwing for an insane 394 yards with 3 touchdowns, and Gambino with 289 yards and 2 touchdowns. As the game progressed, it seemed like it was all going to come down to which QB had the ball last. Gambino played really well in the mid range passing game with most of his passes going between 8-18 yards for first down after first down. On the other side of the ball, Falconi threw bomb after bomb ending the game with 3 receivers finishing with over 110 yards. Those bombs are what separated the two QBs as the Liberty scored their final touchdown from 47 yards out to Roger Batoff. At the end of it all, Falconi tore into the Hawks defense which allowed them to advance to the finals against the Sabercats. While she still played an admirable game, it was nowhere close to the insane night she had against the Hawks.

10) Trades:

After myself and flyeaglesfly29 took over the General Manager jobs for the Kansas City Coyotes, we promptly traded backup Quarterback Ryan Leaf Jr. to the Norfolk Seawolves. We received a 5th round pick that may be able to turn into a 4th depending on how the size of the new draft class is. We felt that this trade was in our best interest as a team as Leaf himself made an article demanding a trade before we even took over. He didn't seem to appreciate the rivalry that him and Rose Jenkins were having at QB and the playing time he was getting. Flyeaglesfly29 and I had talked about moving Leaf around in the depth chart to give him more playing time but after talking to Leaf privately, he still wanted out. I didn't see a major difference in the Seawolves defense after changing Leaf Jr. to a Defensive Tackle. Leaf is below league average TPE but I can see him making a bigger impact next season as long he keeps training and updating properly. That is, unless someone drafts him into the NSFL, but even then he may be a send down for him to get more playing time.

7) Next Year:

The Kansas City Coyotes had a rough year to say the least. The draft didn't necessarily go as planned and the games following that didn't either. We finished the season with only a small handful of actives with them more than likely being drafted to the NSFL (myself included). Myself and flyeaglesfly29 took over as GMs partially through the season and now we are in full rebuild mode. We have many draft picks available for this upcoming draft but are sadly without our first round pick due to trading it to the Portland Pythons for Lightsout Lewis. Depending on the draft pool size for next season, it's really up in the air whether this upcoming year will be the one, or the season after. As a GM, I hope it's sooner rather than later. Both flyeaglesfly29 and I are very active and will be scouting very heavily to make sure we're getting active people who can help revitalize our locker room. I told my team today that I hope all who are active get drafted, because if they can survive this season without dropping out, then they can handle anything. With a fresh start next season, here's hoping we don't end up in the same boat again.

15) Unsung Hero:

After watching the games, I couldn't help but see Running Back RKANSAW N/A all over the field for the Pythons. He was a midseason pickup on waivers by the Pythons and it absolutely paid off for them. He's been a consistent threat to opposing defenses since he was picked up and that was no different in the playoffs. The most notable performance by N/A was actually in the Ultimini Championship game where he finished the game with 77 rushing yards on 12 carries. Even though he was working in a split backfield, he made those carries count. He finished with the lone rushing touchdown of the game midway through the 3rd Quarter and had 6.4 yards per carry which was better than the other committee backs he was working with. He made a strong impact in game 1 as well against the Seawolves. He averaged 6.1 yards per carry with 61 rushing yards without a touchdown, but where he really helped the team was in the passing game. He led the team in receiving yards and rushing yards and his 23 yard catch late in the 4th quarter got the Pythons into field goal range for the game winning kick.

Code:
Ready for grading