International Simulation Football League
(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! (/showthread.php?tid=16070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Revolution5 - 10-15-2019

I am apart of the Orange County Otters also known as the Fanta Curtain or the Orange Crush as we like to call ourselves. We are second in TPE as a defensive team with being two thousand more TPE than our offense. Our secondary is the strong point of the team however there isn’t any negatives on the defensive line or line backing crews. We are a defense that has hit its peak and should sustain for a few seasons before having to bring in hired help. The line is anchored by Skarsgard and Mbanefo with Salami and Ginsberg filling in admirably. The linebacker crew has Lanzer making plays left and right while Showbiz the swiss army knife transitioned to cornerback last year and is making huge plays at linebacker this year. The strength of the secondary is from Dan Schneider and newly convertered lattimer holding the air down. Storm can be utilized in many positions while adding the veteran presence. Rookies BIggums and Abernathy bring upside to the team with a steady gain of experience with each week and already making splash plays with a 67 yard interception for a return touchdown. I predict that the Otters will finish second in defensive rank behind the Wraiths. With Franklin and Apollo’s ball control and a little sim luck we could surpass the Wraiths as the best defense.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - RainDelay - 10-15-2019

What's up guys? Rayne Gordon here.

You might be wondering, what does a Wide Receiver like myself know about defense? Well, to be honest, not much. But what I do know is that my rookie partner is a hell of a safety. The dynamic duo of Rayne Gordon on offense and Mason Blaylock on defense is just getting started in Kansas City.

Let's take a look at the tale of the tape:

For one, Blaylock didn't stand out much in college because he went to a D2 school, Wisconsin-Whitewater, but that didn't mean he wasn't an impact player. He stands at 6'1 and weighs 205 pounds, so he has the frame of a safety. He can go toe to toe with the fastest receivers but also lay hits like a linebacker. In the Division 2 Championship, he was able to make the game-saving stop at the two yard line, keeping Grand Valley State out of the end zone and giving Whitewater the title. That sort of recognition on social media built up his stock, and now he's ready to wreak havoc in Kansas City.

Like I said, I don't know about the rest of the defense, but I know Blaylock. We got a good one.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - illegaloctopus - 10-15-2019

The San Jose SaberCats are not Ultimus favorites. We are dead last in total TPE, with only 8450, and hilariously low in offensive TPE. However, defense proves to be our strength where we are something special: slightly below average. At 5011, we are ahead of Chicago, Colorado, and Philly. Our defense is led by Freezer Riposte and Trey Staley, both over 800 TPE, but heading quickly towards regression. Kolby Deringer and Jorel Tuck also provide defensive help, but they to have grown old.
However, we have some youth on the team, with up and coming star Tyron Brackenridge in his second NSFL season, and brand new talent Joseph Wozniak looking to follow in Tyron's footsteps. San Jose is a team that has talents at the extremes of the spectrum, and lacks talent in the middle. If San Jose wants to compete for an Ultimus they need to continue to build up the defense in the coming drafts, as the majority of their talents is heading for regression. Oswald Grimnir looks to also provide safety help, being recently drafted.

All in all the Saber Kitties are a team that needs to look to the future, and continue to draft well. The have lots of holes to fill on their defense, but that means they have lots of opportunity as well.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - SweetJamesJones - 10-15-2019

MB = Killa D

Listen, Myrtle Beach D gone go ahead and shake shit up this year. We got a squad full of killaz and dope dealaz who don't play no *plugs sponsorship* Sweet Frog! soft served bull shit. Although delicatably sweet, our defensive gone be super hard nahhhhimtalmbout?

Stevie Vassllo? Dawg. Matt Amons? Animal. Sunny Daze? Skrait heat. Troy Palmamalu? Hairy and scary. Jimjam Flimflam? Damning and ramming. Chuck Bartowski? Hard and rowdy. James Lux? Ready to fux... shit up. Need THE Sweet go on? Prolly not. Our defense is like the MF wall in Westeros. They the shield that protects our MF realm son. And it's like the wall cuz they so fucking cold, fam. Trillin out with our pass rush, stealin out with our DBs, and our LBs the mf head honchos, fam. Don't fuck with MB nahhhhimtalmbout?

And honestly even if our D lets up points, it's gone be aight because the Bucs who give no fuccs can't and won't be stopped. We gone be airing out and not caring out and putting up massive numbers all much fuckin year. Ball out till we fall out nahhhhmean? WE aint plat that Fugazi ahhhh shit, dawg.

WE the realest, the trillest, and the much fuggin skillets cuz we gone be hot like fire!!!

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - scorycory - 10-15-2019

Being a new member of the Portland Pythons defense it's hard not to be excited about the potential of this unit. This was already a good defense on a top tier DSFL team, possessing really solid players in the secondary such as Adok and Mahoff, not to mention the stacked defensive line. With names like Sandoval Jr., Lewis and Sanchez just to name a few, the line is definitely the stremgth of our defense. Combine this with the addition of an under the radar stud cornerback such as myself, Kacey Dream, to shut down number one wide receivers and create big plays and turnovers it will only bolster an already above average secondary. On top of that we have the first overall pick in the draft, linebacker Willie Hardagain, to lock down the middle of the field and lead a top notch front seven. We may need more time on the field to gel and grow comfortable with each other but as young as this defense is and the with the talent we already possess the potential of this defende is sky high. With breakout performances of 15 tackles against Tijuana for Hardagain and 8 tackles, 5 pass deflections and an interception for myself against New Orleans under our belt already, it is a sign of more good things to come in Portland's future.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Nokazoa - 10-15-2019

PT PASS

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Eco - 10-16-2019

Baltimore had a very strong defense when I first joined the team. Over the past couple of seasons we have lost a couple of key players however we still have one of the best secondary in the league and we are still a very strong defense. The first player we lost was Kwame Abayomi Mbanefo which hurt our defensive line greatly, however we were able to trade Brayden Ennis for Benson Harris which kinda fixed our immediate line problem. We also recently traded Steven Oats for D’Pez Poopsie which makes our line even stronger. Also by picking Fabricio Baldari we made sure that our line will stay healthy for the years to come. We almost always play Nickel 4-2-5, therefore the linebacker duo of Marquees Acho and Ben Horne is definitely the right fit for us. As I mentioned before we have a great secondary. It is true that losing Axel Hornbacher hurt us a little (mostly emotional) but we still got a great young core at secondary. Walt Green, Fatih Terim and Dorfus Jimbo are very young and very talented players. Combined with the experience of Arbin Asipi III and Xandra Troyski, we bring a very scary secondary to the table. We also picked up Juan Marston last draft, who will eventually replace one of our aging Cornerbacks. All in all Hawks have a very strong defense and that is not going to change in years to come!

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - majesiu - 10-16-2019

PBE Affiliation

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - C9Van - 10-16-2019

The Colorado Yeti have a Defense right now that will not exactly dominate in this upcoming season but that is okay. It does not need to do that just yet. What it actually has thanks to the last few drafts is active youth that will all hit the prime at the exact same time. This will work well with our attack also hitting the prime as well at the right time.

In upcoming future seasons I personally think with captain Bubba Thumper at the front leading his team the Colorado Yeti are going to be in a great spot and just an annoying as fuck defense to deal with considering how, assuming everyone remains active like they most likely shall, many max earners who are all about making this once trash team a future team to fear.

Bubba is one half of the Bubba42 Effect. Lazzy is the offense captain who will help them become great and Bubba will make sure that he is stopping as many yards as possible with our other just as talented upcoming talent. The recent draft was the correct draft to be all in for and we got great pickups in it with talent wanted to make a difference. This season may not be the sexiest for us defensively but in 1 or 2 more seasons it will be one of the better in the league. Especially with teams needing to rebuild soon.

236 words

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - ddrector - 10-16-2019

As one of the new members of the New Orleans Second Line defense this is a great time for this topic. The Second Line drafted three defensive players early in the draft, including myself, and that is already paying dividends. Bjorn Ironside will be a staple in the middle of the defensive line for years to come. Thudd Kassel is already making an impact at linebacker, racking up 6 tackles and a pass defense in his first game. I'm starting at safety this year and also racked up 6 tackles and a pass defense in the first game. We've also got guys like Jordan Andrews and Dean Taylor in the secondary that can shut down great receivers. Tyler Swift is a staple at safety that will give over the top help. Also, the newly acquired Xerxes Ridley will make this secondary one of the best in the league. Honestly, as far as the secondary is concerned I am definitely the weak link at safety, but I will improve as the season goes on. Quentin Bode and Johnny Slothface are big impact linebackers that will rack up the tackles along with Thud. Lo Rax and Blake Faux round out the defensive line along with Bjorn. Faux recorded the only sack in week 1 for the Second Line.