International Simulation Football League
Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Team Transactions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Forum: Trades (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+----- Forum: Processed Trades (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+----- Thread: Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) (/showthread.php?tid=1896)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) - RavensFanFromOntario - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 06:51 PM)adam2552 Wrote:Not sure if it's better that you are knowingly circumventing the expansion draft for talent dispersion or if you were accidentally doing it..

:lol: We're being proactive within the rules, not sure why you blame us.

Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) - ADwyer87 - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 05:51 PM)Jbearly Wrote:Damn, outlaws losing everything.
Not the ASFC Championship game

Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) - RavensFanFromOntario - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 07:02 PM)ADwyer87 Wrote:Not the ASFC Championship game

HOLY SHIT, SIG THIS SHIT PLEASE!

Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) - ADwyer87 - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 06:03 PM)RavensFanFromOntario Wrote:HOLY SHIT, SIG THIS SHIT PLEASE!
Putting it on my "when I get home from work/spiderman" list

Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) - Jbearly - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 07:02 PM)ADwyer87 Wrote:Not the ASFC Championship game

It'll your last asfc title game Tongue

Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) - Symmetrik - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 07:49 PM)adam2552 Wrote:.

But in the other scenario they get 6......?

In the other scenario Legion get 2 and you get 2, in this scenario Legion get 4 and you get 0.

The Legion have stocked up on a bunch of active players. They pretty much miss out on the entirety of this draft, but that's the price you pay for talent now. And 1 season isn't going to be a huge deal. Don't forget they're trading for guys who are just coming off their rookie season.

Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) - adam2552 - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 08:25 PM)Symmetrik Wrote:In the other scenario Legion get 2 and you get 2, in this scenario Legion get 4 and you get 0.

The Legion have stocked up on a bunch of active players. They pretty much miss out on the entirety of this draft, but that's the price you pay for talent now. And 1 season isn't going to be a huge deal. Don't forget they're trading for guys who are just coming off their rookie season.

No, you missed what I said.

Scenario 1:
Wraiths have 16 active players. They can only protect 12, leaving 4 active players exposed. Lets say I got two and Vegas got two. Next day Vegas trades their whole draft for 4 more of the Wraiths active players.

Philly: 2 active players, Vegas: 6 active players

Scenario 2:
Wraiths have 16 active players. Vegas says you know what, we don't think free things, I will give you my whole draft for 4 players ahead of the expansion draft. Wraiths now protect their 12 remaining players.

Philly: 0 active players, Vegas: 4 active players

Unless these 4 players were the exact 4 players the Wraiths were going to leave unprotected, Vegas lost 2 active players by completing this trade prior to the expansion draft. Trading before the expansion draft is costing them value, period, there is no debate about it. It is costing me value, considerably more value than them. There were no rules set up to allow or not allow trading by expansion teams prior the expansion draft. I bet this will be revisited next expansion after this though...

Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) - Symmetrik - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 08:50 PM)adam2552 Wrote:No, you missed what I said.

Scenario 1:
Wraiths have 16 active players.  They can only protect 12, leaving 4 active players exposed.  Lets say I got two and Vegas got two.  Next day Vegas trades their whole draft for 4 more of the Wraiths active players. 

Philly: 2 active players, Vegas: 6 active players

Scenario 2:
Wraiths have 16 active players.  Vegas says you know what, we don't think free things, I will give you my whole draft for 4 players ahead of the expansion draft.  Wraiths now protect their 12 remaining players.

Philly: 0 active players, Vegas: 4 active players

Unless these 4 players were the exact 4 players the Wraiths were going to leave unprotected, Vegas lost 2 active players by completing this trade prior to the expansion draft.  Trading before the expansion draft is costing them value, period, there is no debate about it.  It is costing me value, considerably more value than them.  There were no rules set up to allow or not allow trading by expansion teams prior the expansion draft.  I bet this will be revisited next expansion after this though...

The Wraiths wouldn't make that trade after the expansion draft though. With 16 actives, you're going to lose 4 actives for nothing. So you trade them before the draft, before you lose them for nothing. Then you don't trade any actives away after the draft because you're not at risk of losing them for nothing.

Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) - adam2552 - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 08:55 PM)Symmetrik Wrote:The Wraiths wouldn't make that trade after the expansion draft though. With 16 actives, you're going to lose 4 actives for nothing. So you trade them before the draft, before you lose them for nothing. Then you don't trade any actives away after the draft because you're not at risk of losing them for nothing.

You have perfectly illustrated the problem of allowing expansion teams to trade prior to the expansion draft. Thank you.

Baltimore - Las Vegas Trade (7/8/17) - Shaka - 07-08-2017

FWIW, the Wraiths are still losing 4 players. So they've lost 8 this offseason and will be tasked with replacing them all in the draft. Talk about turnover after one 8 win season.