International Simulation Football League
(S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep (/showthread.php?tid=2163)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

(S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep - Silver Fox - 07-14-2017

Saturday, August 15th; 4:00 pm. Silver Fox, Liberty Co-GM

We've got one 2nd rounder, three third round picks, two fourth round picks, and two fifth round picks, not to mention the later rounds. We have needs at almost every position; this new rookie tier chart was worth the hours it took to make. Even if every last pick falls in our favor, we could still have needs unfilled. Thankfully, at least two things have worked in our favor. First, thank goodness science has cured all injuries, so we don’t need much depth as long as we can start a full team. Second, any spots we can’t fill can be filled by NSFL league robots, even if the damn things are creepy as all hell; especially the ones they designed to look human that have better athletic abilities. Their black, soulless eyes, somehow reminiscent of teammates you once knew...

This is insanity. I need a break for a minute. I take a look at my phone; @RavensFanFromOntario sent a text. "Hey pal, decided we couldn't predict the draft out to the sixth round for our first pick, so I'm just gonna go out and aboot until then and take best player available, eh?" Yes, all Canadians talk like that, don’t question it. Attached is a picture of him on a beach with a martini in one hand, flipping me the bird with the other. We'll see who's laughing in a year; all this work better be worth it.

First round, pick 7. Gotta go with Fox North; after all, everybody knows he's the next big thing, even if they're all calling it a reach. But after that? There are over 80 rookies. I glance at our laughable depth chart; there are more holes than spots filled. At least anyone we call should be happy to pick up the phone: "Congratulations, you're a starter!" I've got a list a mile long in front of me, and most of the names haven't been marked to indicate we've contacted them yet. A week before the rookie draft, and the expansion draft and general getting up to speed as a GM have sucked up all of my time. We’ve got a lot of calls to make; these guys deserve to know we’re interested. I can hear @adam2552 getting back from a meeting; time to get back to work.

(S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep - Perry87 - 07-14-2017

[Image: xoZcUwF.jpg]

Dermot Levelle. First overall pick right?

(S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep - enigmatic - 07-14-2017

[Image: vtopIrV.png]

@`To12143` @RavensFanFromOntario @Jiggly_333 @Jbearly @Silver Fox

(S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep - Kcobb9 - 07-14-2017

It's another storied draft day in the NSFL, and some unfortunate team has made me their GM. Most teams have done a significant amount of planning. Not this GM. Yes, some planning has done, but only about as far as lurking in the seasonal requested article for the first round picks. Despite my Co GM's best judgement, I'm still putting in about the bare minimum of work. Is this a recipe for disaster? Probably, but any team can win the ultimus, just look at Arizona. The only ideas for picks I have are those unlucky souls who posted in our interested prospects thread. The first round comes and I select the best player available. Round two comes by and we select an offensive lineman, you can't have too many right? Onto round 3, and I pick a defensive back. Again, you can never have too many. Round 4 sees us take a player in one of our most inactive positions. You've gotta get that roster filled. We start the second half of the draft trading away next season's first round pick, you're probably guaranteed to get a good player from another team that way... Right? The final half of the draft is completed through a combination of dice rolls, darts thrown at a board of prospect names, and random.org. Yes, let it be known, Kyle Cobb is a better GM at making draft picks than Doug Whaley.

(237 words)

Hopefully my comedic style of completing these point tasks are allowed.

(S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep - ADwyer87 - 07-15-2017

Wow, this is going to be tough. Imagining what a GM is going to be doing this draft? Thats going to be damn near impossible...

If i was a GM, the first thing I would do is make a spreadsheet or something, with every prospect on it. Or maybe just make one of my trusted colleagues do it, because micromanaging for the win! The next thing I would do is PM every rookie in the draft that I think is worth drafting. After that, I would figure out who the teams in front of me in the first round are going to pick, So that I know if i need to trade up if i have to, and also so I don't trade up for a guy who won't be available. After that I would try and figure out who everyone below me was taking, just to try and be able to plan out the second round ahead of time.

After that, It's hard to say. I would likely make a secret page where me and my associates can talk about draft strategy and other such things, But who knows, I'm no GM and never will be so I dont have to worry about any of this mumbo jumbo anyway.

(S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep - YoloSwag420 - 07-15-2017

[Image: t97nVKS.jpg]

(S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep - DollarAndADream - 07-15-2017

[Image: AyY6rAD.png]

(S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep - timeconsumer - 07-15-2017

Mine got too long so it's posted here: http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=...indpost&p=30302

(S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep - kckolbe - 07-15-2017

The trade had seemed like such good value, but it may have been a huge mistake. I should be going over scouting reports, watching more film. Instead I am researching Eli Manning and John Elway. It’s a dry day here in Arizona, so why am I sweating so much?

With the third overall pick in the draft, Greg Clegane is clearly the best option for us. Unfortunately, we aren’t the best option for him. He has publicly stated that he will only play for the Orange County Otters, a team that had great success with him last year. Does he mean it, though?

It’s one thing to say one is not interested, but to actually forfeit a year of salary, lose out on in-game experience and development, is that really a sacrifice he would make? The Otters are a good team, and he probably feels he can win a championship with them. Being a conference rival, I have no interest in helping them get such a great talent at #6. Of course, if there’s any team that can make the same argument of success, it’s the reigning NSFL Champions.
~sigh~ Back to Eli. Back to Elway. When each declared they would not play, every other team called and started making offers. In the end, both were drafted, and both teams that drafted them came out with better situations. In the Chargers case, they got a franchise player at the position, plus a few extra draft picks, for making the trade. But what can you do when the entire league knows that only one team can trade?

((266 words))

(S2) - Weekend PT #1 - Draft Prep - White Cornerback - 07-15-2017

Lavelle's going first no doubt about it. But what about us? The third expansion team in NSFL history. People laugh a us because we're the Flint Michigan Mongoose, but soon all 34 of our proud fan base will have the last laugh. We've got the 9th pick in every round of this years draft. Why? Because we missed the expansion draft as we were so caught up in the celebrations following our Ultimus JR. Cup victory. But then it hit me. We've all seen the debates about TPE, people moaning about unfair advantages and yet they've missed the biggest steals of the draft. The players that aren't in the draft. I'm talking about the BigBoyz's. I've immediately concocted 9 team trade and have snagged through careful analysis, every big boy bot in the game. These guys have it all and as of now they get no respect from the teams in the league, people complain " oh the bots suck" and "because their bots, they're never going to improve because they're not controlled by real player", but really they haven't been coached well. They've got potential if only a fraction of them become active, soon everybody's gonna know the name Chip Kelly, the master mind of the NSFL.