International Simulation Football League
(S23) - Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S23) - Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=23669)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Tesla - 07-20-2020

Tier 1 - Task 3 - 800+ Words - 10 TPE

The team that I am going to select for this is the Norfolk Seawolves as it is a team that I know a great deal about thanks to being the one who made the wiki page for it. That said my choices may very well be colored by my own personal biases and so apologies to those who feel snubbed during this process. Not that I expect anyone will really care about this, but just in case someone reads this who thinks they should be on the mountain for Norfolk please do not feel slighted. Thank you.

First and foremost is Scorp who was my general manager when I played for the Norfolk Seawolves, and who is also the longest serving general manager of the Norfolk Seawolves. He got his start under Iam Essellemm when Norfolk was brought out of contraction the first time. Although it took Scorp some time to get adapted to the league as a general manager he served a season as co before serving as head for a season back then.

What really earns Scorp the position as first overall for the mountain of Norfolk though is the most recent expansion that brought Norfolk back into the league with humans for S20. Scorp inherited a team that did not win a single game the previous season and so you can safely believe the bots behind the team were terrible. Turned it around in one season by getting 6 wins and making it into the playoffs for the first time in about half a dozen seasons.

Scorp stepped up though once he had an established team and set the team record for regular season wins in S21. What really makes that impressive to me is how massive the draft class was going into that, and the fact that Norfolk was able to capitalize shows how important the general managers were at the time. Remember this in a few paragraphs as I go over the co from this time who also deserves recognition. He also followed it up with another record tying season for regular season wins and tying the record for most consecutive playoff appearances for the team.

Scorp's partner for those last two seasons is one of my other favorite people in the league Juniped or Juni as I call them. Juni became co just in time to have to help scout the over two hundred players that were recruited as members of the S22 regression class. He knocked it out of the park with how well he helped out as someone who has both seen the war room since then, and as someone who quite literally was recruited to the team by him. Genuinely speaking Juni was a big reason why I put Norfolk as my number one landing spot going into that draft and he did a wonderful job making the team locker room a welcoming place.

Those two are the absolute locks in my opinion for this mountain as they contributed to the best three season stretch in Norfolk Seawolves history, although Juni only as a player for the first season. That said they were part of essentially an expansion team and brought it back to relevance in the league immediately. Honestly an absolutely outstanding job and I love the work that the two have done for the team. Even after having stepped down as general managers they have still been active in helping Norfolk and I just so appreciate what they have done for the team.

Now this next one might be a less popular choice for the veterans of the team, but this is my point task and I do what I want. Third on the mountain is going to be the most friendly member of the Seawolves in my experience and the current general manager J0EB. The team had a ton of players get called up before he took over and he still helped lead the team to the longest opening win streak in team history. Also broke the record that Scorp and Juni had set for most regular season wins in his first season as general manager. Combined with the fact that he plans to stay on for at least one more season and I feel comfortable giving him the nod as he will be the second longest tenured head general manager of the team.

That just details what he has done since he started as a general manager, but even before then he contributed as a key player for S21. Throughout S22 he was an absolutely integral member of the war room and locker room. His positive attitude is a key part of the success of the reborn Norfolk as he has always kept the locker room going in a good direction. I dare say he might just be the ideal general manager at the DSFL level.

Fourth choice was honestly a hard one as you have the founder Oles to consider; Iam Essellemm who brought it out of contraction the first time, but overall I have to go with a newer choice for reasons that I will explain in greater detail a bit later. Blasoon the user behind Suleiman Ramza and the current co is my choice for the fourth member of the mountain. Three seasons as a quarterback for the Seawolves makes him one of the longest tenured players on the team and that is what puts him over the single season general managers in my opinion. He has been a consistent presence in the war room since his first season and now as co has done a good job working with J0EB to get Norfolk HFA for the first time in their history to my knowledge.

Blasoon has been a bright spot in the locker room for as long as I have been attached to the team and especially in recent seasons. He has steadily become more active in the league and with the team as things have progressed. This season his player Suleiman Ramza is arguably the best quarterback in the DSFL this season plus as co he has helped the team to ten wins and HFA throughout the playoffs. Only one season in charge and as a co could be a knock, but he has done a truly outstanding job in that time.

Now two users from S22 and all four coming after S14 might be odd for a team, but I have a good reasoning behind this. Leading into S20 the Norfolk Seawolves had never stayed staffed for three seasons in a row, and now they are going into their fifth active season with four consecutive playoff appearances. My logic for it is that the team could be considered to have been an expansion team as of S20 and that as such the users that truly brought it into the league deserve to be honored for that. Thus the four most important users to that five season stretch of success deserve to be recognized as members of the mountain.

All that said I do want to shout out Oles for creating the team and taking them to their first Ultimini. Iamslm22 for recruiting Scorp and being a positive presence in the locker room. Bex for being a beautiful soul and one of the backbones of the locker room since it returned. Isa for being a great mentor to the team throughout my entire tenure there. Also Lightnoir for bringing us the joy that is Doug Norfolk. They were all users that I considered for this and I think they deserve recognition for their contributions to the team even if not as members of the mountain.

Code:
Word Count: 1262

(S23) - Ultimus Week - SomeSay... - 07-21-2020

Tier 2

#7) Awards season is a big part of the offseason festivities. Take the stand, in 400 words or more, for one or more players that are not your own, and argue why they should receive awards glory. They can be your teammates or anyone in the league. How did their stats and on the field contribution contribute to their case this year?

Ok, first off, f**k awards..... Now that my salt is out of the way. I'm going to fight for a ONE person when it comes to awards glory. Now, I must be adamit that I don't necessarily think that he is a absolute shoe in, but... This bad mofo needs to be in the conversation, weather you want to believe it or not. I'll start off with this, I spent time at FS this year, which means I had plenty of time to see what everyone else was doing while I got cardio in. And although I think I'm the baddest Cornerback that's ever played, sorry anyone else, but got to believe in yourself first. Ty Shields should have put all of you on notice this season.

Ty absolutely came into this season so underrated, I shared the locker room and field with him in Minnesota and boy have I watched this man grow, from a very unproductive rookie campaign with the ducks to coming out and slaying in the Chicago Defensive backfield this year. He turned a corner (ha pun intended) and never let anyone tell him he wasn't going to succeed. I was CB1 in Minnesota, Ray-Ray came in and battled TY for his spot. But he never let that hit his ego, this man worked and worked to get where he is and that kept us motivated like no other he was the glue to our Pick City DBs in Minnesota. Now besides his growth as a player, let's talk production for TY this year.

#1 in Tackles for CB as a rookie. #3 Overall in the league with 139. Only 15 shy of #1. Although only 1 of those was for a loss. That's still #4 on CB chart. He also had 1 Forced Fumble and 1 Fumble Recovery #6 in CB on this category. 2 Interceptions putting him at 11th. Now playing Nickel corner can lead to the production in Tackles and less Takeaways. And although I have seen it argued that "obviously" takeaways are valued more. I have a counterpoint to not downgrade tackels. #1 CB on this category had 5. Now, in my opinion what you do after the interception really matters, 5 picks can be valued high, but if the offense putters what's the big deal? Tackels can be significant too, 3-4 down stops, leading to change of possession, So when it comes to only having 2 picks but destroying the tackel game. I think TY makes up for the 3 picks he's behind in this category with stops on the field due to his pursuit of the ball carriers. Add in the 15 Pass Deflections and I don't see how this man isn't on the books for Defensive Rookie of the Year.

I stress that yes, I know they're are plenty of players deserving of nominations too. But overall, the growth and production of TY is phenomenal. So, put him on the ballot and vote.

#8) It’s always important to look forward to the future. Examine your team, and in 400 words or more, talk about how they can improve themselves to get a stab at trophy contention next year. Are you loaded with draft capital for the next draft? Do you have plenty of cap space to sign free agents? Go through the roster and note the different strengths and weaknesses, and how you think those will change over the next few seasons. How should your team adapt?

O man, time to breakdown San Jose and why we are in prime contention to make a run in the future. And by future, hopefully this coming season. I'll break down the strengths and weaknesses of both sides evenly and give my thoughts. Lots of talk about young and inexperienced coming up, but it's the truth. We've drafted well and have set are team up for long term success given everyone commits for the future.

Offense: Wow, what a up and down year our offense had. Starting with Monty, his first year at the helm for us, was let's just say a rollercoaster, and this isn't a knock on Monty's talent, he's got that for sure. As a rookie playing against High TPE defenses in the ISFL, he took it on the chin and had success with his failures. And we are all behind him and waiting for his breakout year. He's max earner and hell of teammate. Jamar Lackson, a former duck with me and man what a stud, one of few who actually got to come out the gate steam rolling, at the midway point he was the leading rusher and although he finished 4th overall. He lead our team from the backfield with Cardrissian giving him a break every now and then. Thomas-fox had a good year as WR #1 and Rookie Ty Hood came into his own in the second half. Our offense is loaded with young hungry talent and as long as they keep earning and growing. Our success looks bright. Real bright.

Defense: Just like the offense we've got a young group, but few experienced players sprinkled in. Our experience comes from Tyrone and Hateme, all guys before S22. Which are very few on this squad. These guys lead by example for earning and in the locker room. Hateme may have a expensive gambling problem, but he makes up for it on the field leading us Corners by example. Speaking of Corners, we lost Chester unfortunately, but he was such a stud we were able to get one last season out of him before putting all hope that he returns. But this season, you'll see myself and Cadillac taking the field with Hateme as Corners. And boy am I ready, after filling in at FS this year while Philip awaited his call up this coming season, I'm ready to produce at my natural position. And speaking of safties again, Two young studs in back there this coming season in Brendan and Philip. And don't let me forget Chestnut. The lineages of that family and this young DE will shine bright for our Dline.

Like I mentioned in the beginning paragraph, we are young, but man can we earn and play. We all watch other sports and we all know talent can only get you so far. But lik most great athletes this team has build cohesion and puts in the work. And it will show on the field. Our GMs aren't stupid, they drafted for what's about to come. And I look forward to being apart of a run that hopefully spans quite a few seasons.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Eldorian - 07-21-2020

9) Pick any position, and determine who in your view is the greatest player to ever suit up at that position. Why do you view them as the GOAT? What achievements, records, accolades, or statistics do they hold? How do they stack up against the other legends in their position, and why does your chosen candidate come out on top?

So one of the issues I have with these tasks is I am brand spanking new to this league and haven't really been able to know who is who and who is great in this league. Nearly all of these tasks have to do with kind of knowing about this league to begin with - so I hope you don't judge what I write here instead harshly because I am going to write about what I do know - and that is the NFL. Hopefully next season I have more knowledge to be able to write about this league.

Reggie White is quite arguably the best defensive end to ever play the game in my opinion. He was the sack leader when he retired only to get beat out by Bruce Smith by 2 total sacks even though Smith had 3 extra years in the league over White. Reggie was called the Ministry of Defense for a reason - he perfected and basically created most of the moves we see defensive ends use today. He was dominant and I just don't see another defensive end coming in the league to be as dominant as he was in his 15 seasons. He went to the pro bowl 13 times. He won defensive player of the year twice. He was on the first team all 80s team and also the first team all 90s team. He was on 75th anniversary all time NFL team and also the same in the 100th anniversary - he'll continue to be the same at the 150 and 200, too.

People talk about JJ Watt being great, but he doesn't hold a candle to Reggie White. The thing that Reggie had was durability and consistency through all of his seasons. He has the record in the NFL with consecutive seasons with 10+ sacks with 9 consecutive seasons. If you include his USFL days he shatters the career sack record in professional football. There were only a couple seasons he didn't play in all 16 regular season games each season and his lowest games played was 12 - where he still recorded 21 sacks that season (his most in a season ironically enough). Needless to say, you'd be crazy if you weren't to call Reggie White the GOAT.

Even though I created Goat Tank as a defensive tackle, all I could think about was Reggie White and how awesome he was - and I'm not even an Eagles or Packers fan. He was just incredible to watch when he played.

Code:
416 words

12) This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S23 class and later. In 400 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

I've only been in this league for a couple weeks now. This is my 2nd sim style game I have participated in as the first one I joined was back in February with PBE which I have enjoyed immensely. I've been kind of lucky to know several people already because of the PBE connection, but I do have to admit that right now it's a little tough to fill like I really fit in at the moment. It could be because I was a trade deadline create which was on purpose because I wanted to be a max earner in the league, but also became weird because I got put on a team I'll apparently only be on for a couple weeks before I go and get drafted by a new team.

PBE recently made a switch to the same format of drafting this league does where your pro ball team won't draft you until the following season, but I guess that is cool because it means my regression season isn't until season 25, right? So that's not too bad, but I'm finding it pretty rough right now to really find a niche in the league.

As a defensive tackle, it's also kind of weird because your stats really aren't all that great, but it's fun to fill a niche that teams definitely need and I plan on being the best defensive tackle in the league. I think my next player will definitely end up being something more on the sexy stats side though for sure.

I think I still have to wait a couple weeks for the draft and I really have no idea where I will even end up. I kind of wish I had jumped in closer to the draft because my excitement level right now is definitely "meh". I'm mostly curious to what ISFL team I will go to but it looks like that is another full season away before that even happens. I am excited to see where I end up in the DSFL though and if I will somehow end up on the same team I am on right now.

I think the biggest surprise so far is when I joined PBE I was getting tons of messages from people kind of just scouting me out. I think I had about 10 total people reach out to me - and it was a little overwhelming. I kind of expected the same here, but so far have had only ONE team reach out to ask questions, and well, that seems a little strange and low. Maybe it's because the offseason hasn't really started yet.

Either way, there are a lot of things I do like about this league. I think the wiki is interesting. I'm glad it changed it's name. I'm glad it's getting rid of this jclink crappiness. I enjoy watching discord even though I haven't been super involved in there yet. It's definitely something to get me past what the crappy year of 2020 is and I hope to meet a lot more new friends like I did over in PBE.

Code:
517 words

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Daybe - 07-21-2020

5) Write 800 words or more on something that interests you. It could be related to statistics, to a league issue you take seriously, or a niche part of history that doesn’t fit neatly into either of the above categories. This must be directly related to the league, so don’t wax 800 words about your team’s Werewolf server. Be warned that freedom comes with risk, and this category will be judged especially stringently for anyone trying to spew complete nonsense.

Being an NSFL, I mean, ISFL user for so long means that I have played for quite a few teams and met a lot of new people. For this point task, I wanted to take a look at some of the most memorable things from each team I've ever played on (this is gonna be pretty long so buckle up).

Brice Boggs

S2 - Yellowknife Wraiths YKW

My first rodeo in the league was with the Yellowknife Wraiths back in season 2. My player was Brice Boggs, and I was selected off waivers to play for the team. This was maybe my most fun year in the league, back then the forum locker rooms were awesome and I enjoyed the great camaraderie and roleplaying with users such as @Ballerstorm, @White Cornerback, @Bzerkap, @tlk742, @kckolbe to name a few. The experiences I had in this team kept me around this league for a long while, I enjoyed refreshing the forums every hour to see who posted in the locker room. Our team went 8-6 and lost a tough game 16-14 to the Hawks in the playoffs, which was unfortunate. However, it was a successful year, and I was confident I was going to return to the Wraiths. Or so I thought.

S3-S5 - Colorado Yeti COL

After being selected third overall to the Yellowknife Wraiths, I was soon after traded to the Colorado Yeti, where I became the GM. Now, these times were rough. The Logan Noble scandal just happened and we were left scrambling without a quarterback and a new GM set. We promptly traded off some of our better pieces in hopes of acquiring more draft picks and building towards the future, including Philippe Carter, Wyatt Fulton, among others. However, we still needed a quarterback. We acquired @ralz9 in a trade with the Wraiths, and the rookie was set to become the Yeti franchise quarterback. However, along the way, Pierno's TPE earnings never really matched the hype and his quarterback career was arguably the worst in ISFL history, despite his awesome locker room presence. Despite all these losses, great locker room members, like @PigSnout, and @TheMemeMaestro made all the losing a little more bearable. Soon after, partly due to stress and increasing scrutiny for making a few dumb mistakes, I stepped down to focus on myself for a while and went inactive. I retired Boggs at S5 and birthed my next player.

Ryan Applehort

S6 - San Antonio Marshals SA

To be honest, lots of what happened during this season is hazy in my mind. I split time at quarterback with Mike Vick himself. However, my Marshals went 7-6-1 and won an Ultimus during this time period. @majesiu, aka Vladimir Fyodorovich, my teammate and future legend was one of my favorites during this stint.

S7-S10 Colorado Yeti COL

Now, with Nicholas Pierno not being the Yeti franchise quarterback, the Yeti were looking for a guy in the S7 draft, which just so happened to be my new quarterback, Ryan Applehort. Who else but the former GM himself? However, being a rookie quarterback with 300 TPE was not very forgiving as we went 0-14 for the second straight season, part of a 5 month dry spell where the Yeti did not win a single game. However, next year, the Yeti future was looking up, as we finished 6-8. There are no words that can encapsulate the feeling teammates @dropbear, @sapp2013, @infinitempg, @ExemplaryChad and I felt when we beat the Outlaws 13-10. Oh yeah, and later that season we beat the 10-4 Otters on the road too. That was pretty dope. Around this time, @speculadora brought me on the Portland Pythons as his co-GM, and then just a season later he left for the Otters and I became new GM. The following two years were disappointing for the Yeti; despite a slew of big moves the team made to contend, the Yeti fell short every time. After the conclusion of the S10 season, I just felt like I needed a change of scenery after playing my last six seasons with the Yeti, and that the team was in a bad spot with few future assets.

S11 Baltimore Hawks BAL

After I became a free agent, @iamslm22 hit me up immediately. I expected to go to the Hawks early on, and we had some great talks with each other about the vision for the team. I was totally sold and signed a long-term contract to be the franchise quarterback. The results on the field were below expectations, as an offense with future hall of famers like @nunccoepi, @manicmav36, and @ItsJustBarry finished just 9-5 and lost to the Second Line in the Ultimus. At the same time, my Portland Pythons were setting records as we cruised to a 15-1 season on a packed team that included the likes of @PDXBaller, @ADwyer87, @LGMForever, and others.

S12-S15 Yellowknife Wraiths YKW

After this season, I felt confident in my general manager abilities and decided to apply for the Wraiths GM job, which I got from Bzerkap who frankly needed a break from the league. The team I took over struggled a lot, but through the draft, we built a future (should-be) dynasty. Some of my greatest picks included Johnny Snuggles, Nate Swift @Bigred1580, Cooter Bigsby @timeconsumer, and Nero Alexander @shadyshoelace. These guys were the core of the Wraiths for years to come, and it is possible that at least two of them will be Hall of Famers. However, the Cooter Bigsby selection meant that Ryan Applehort was on his way out, passing the torch in S15.

Jaylen Storm

S16-S17 Yellowknife Wraiths YKW

As general manager of the Wraiths I was forced to pick myself in the second round. However, this career in Yellowknife was short. Soon after the pick, I handed off the keys to the team to Bigred and Shadyshoelace. One of the last moves I made as a general manager was signing Danny Grithead @Trautner, one of the best to play the game, although I did not have that much to do in that process. Following S17, my contract expired, and I was looking at all my options. Obviously remaining in Yellowknife was a great possibility, however, the Wraiths understandably did not have the cap room to pay the contract I desired and made other moves in FA to improve the team.

S18-S21 Orange County Otters OCO

I signed with the Otters because they've been the most well-run team in the league for the past twenty years. Now, after I signed with this team I went inactive, partly because of school stuff and also partly because I lost some interest in the league. However, I do remember the Otters winning two championships with my inactive, marking the only two ISFL championships I have to date in my 20 season ISFL experience.

S22 Honolulu Hahalua HON

The Hahalua selected Storm early on in the expansion draft, where Storm played for one season before retiring. Dwyer reached out to me, I talked with some cool dudes in the locker room, and I got interested in the league again. This team has a bright future without Storm. Somebody said Dwyer did such a good job to get me active again that I recreated, which is partially true.

Now, we bring ourselves to the end of the journey so far. With two seasons in Jackson Kingston's career already, still lots remains left to come. Kingston wants to make his mark in the record books and the Hall of Fame, we'll see if that happens. It's been quite the adventure so far and I look forward to seeing what else this league holds in store for me.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Number 82 - 07-21-2020

Tier 3: Written/Graphics Tasks
13) Create an argument for your own player, or for someone else on your team, as to why they should be nominated for awards. Lay out their stats or compare them to other contenders. Make a convincing case.

There are a few defensive players that have had a really good rookie year. A couple that spring to mind are Hingle McCringleberry (linebacker) and Tyron Shields (cornerback). With that being said, I would not hesitate to put Jim Waters in the conversation for the Defensive Rookie of the Year award. Moving from quarterback to cornerback, Waters was called up to Honolulu to replace the retired Emondov Emoji. Big shoes to fill and expectations to fulfil, Waters performed exceptionally well this season, managing to pick off 3 passes while also ending the regular season tied for the most passes deflected this season with 24.

Waters has the regular season numbers to be nominated for the Cornerback of the Year award, so it's wouldn't be a surprise if he's given strong consideration for the Defensive Rookie of the Year award. One thing that stands out for Waters is that he's playing outside corner. Water's wasn't eased into the role and was expected to cover the oppositions best wideout from the get go. A tough ask, but one that was necessary given the Honolulu young but developing secondary. Finishing tied for the most passes deflected is an impressive feat considering the wealth of talented receivers that Waters has faced. His play was not only good for a rookie but is certainly good enough to be nominated as one of the candidates for the CBotY award. How could a rookie how be in the running for a positional award against more established players in the league not be in the running for the DRotY award? Jim Waters for Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Code:
270 words

18) Create a billboard, magazine cover, or video game cover depicting a superstar of the league. Graphics only.
[Image: Fm84ddm.png]

19) Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, highlights, or anti-Semitic Instagram posts. I’m joking about that last one, please don’t bring up bigotry.
[Image: IvYQE7e.png]

20) Show your player hoisting the championship trophy. Graphics only.
[Image: 6fuHrtR.png]

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Bayley - 07-21-2020

Tier 2: Short Form Tasks (400+ words)
7) Awards season is a big part of the offseason festivities. Take the stand, in 400 words or more, for one or more players that are not your own, and argue why they should receive awards glory. They can be your teammates or anyone in the league. How did their stats and on the field contribution contribute to their case this year?

I will be honest with you, I love talking about Awards. Awards are so fun to look at and project, so I think I will have a lot of fun with this one looking at different players who should be winning different awards. I will definitely look at more than one player because 400 words is a ton of words to just ramble on about one player, so I will absolutely be talking about more than one player in this point task. Well, how about I get started then?

CBOTY: The first award is going to Corner of the year. How about a corner that had over 100 tackles this year. In fact, he was 3rd in the entire league as the Nickel corner. He had 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery and 15, count them, 15 pass deflections to go with 2 Interceptions. With 6 being the league lead interceptions, and 5 being the league lead in Interceptions for a corner, and 24 being the best in pass deflections, you ave to look at the other stuff. You have to look at what else the person did. Tyron Shields, stand up, you just won the CB of the year award. Congrats!

DROTY: When you think about the Defensive Rookie of the Year, you think about someone who has really overcome any obstacles and been way better than you would expect. Well, this person is not necessarily that, but he is absolutely the Defensive Rookie of the Year in the ISFL. I would say that would have to go to Hingle McCringleberry, our first pick in the Season 23 NSFL, well it was then, ISFL draft. His name, it is not really original, I get it. I know what you are thinking, but the player is awesome. He had 117 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, and 8 sacks. You absolutely love to see that. He was an absolute monster this year for the Chicago Butchers. I have no doubt that this guy should easily win the award. I mean who else could really win this award? I do not see many other options.

I could go in other routes and go for the Linebacker of the year and think about Mike Hockhertz or Punter of the year and go with Sam Sidekick, which when I actually look at it, she should really be winning the punter of the year. She has the best average of any punter and the longest of 73 yards, so you really love to see that, so it would absolutely be worth the Punter of the Year award, so Sam Sidekick, you should be bringing home some hardware when the awards are presented, there is no doubt about it.
Quote:Words: 455

19) Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, highlights, or anti-Semitic Instagram posts. I’m joking about that last one, please don’t bring up bigotry.
Uncle Rico
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 220 pounds
Birthplace: Summit Valley, Washington

Uncle Rico throws the ball very far. When there is a mountain to throw the ball to, Uncle Rico will absolutely get it there. If there is someone on a bike that needs to be hit with a football because they are yelling at you or they hate someone in your family, guess what, Uncle Rico is going to be the person you want on your team. Now, as he enters the DSFL Draft, there is going to be a few spots for QBs, so he is going to need to work at it in order to be chosen by any team. The same will even be more true in the NSFL. You are going to need to likely switch positions unless he can somehow net a spot for a team that does not have a QB or their QB suddenly retired or stopped earning without the team planning for that to happen.

What are you getting from Uncle Rico? He is going to be a very well-rounded folk with 70 in arm, intelligence, and throwing accuracy. The one knock on Uncle Rico is that he cannot get to the meta 79 speed, something that has broke the sim engine. If he could get there, I would definitely think that there is a lot of chance for success. I want to see a lot from him. I expect to see a lot from him.
@Official DT
Quote:Words: 245

TPE Affiliate
PBE PT CW - Bayley

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Cody - 07-21-2020

Tier 2: Short Form Tasks (400+ words)

12) This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S23 class and later. In 400 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

I was chatting with my best friend yesterday and he told me he stumbled upon something that looks like a lot of fun and posted a link to the ISFL. We both are stat nerds when it comes to Madden and track a lot of different things in our online franchises. It took me about 5 minutes of looking around the site and I was sold.

So far the league has been fun and a lot to learn about. I just joined yesterday on the forums and the Discord server. I reached out to a couple people on both Reddit and Discord and they were able to answer some questions and point me in the right direction. They were very kind and welcoming. I was able to join a development team's Discord. I was sent a message by Faded asking me to join. GO MYRTLE BEACH BUCCANEERS! I look forward to getting to know the people on that server and people here.

I used the rookie guide to create my first player. I was told the league was looking for OL, DL & LB. I always bulk up my linebacking corp in Madden and they are the bread and butter of my defense so I decided on that position. I looked at the player templates and decided on a Speed Rusher. I'm hoping I put pressure on the opposing QB and force some turnovers. My players name is Gary Goodman (thanks random name generator). I'm hoping to learn from the vets around here and help my team in anyway possible.

I think my player is progressing okay. I tried to spread out the initial TPE to balance the player out at the beginning. I'm currently going through the Rookie Point Task and am currently on Task 5. One more task and I get a decent chunk of TPE. At least I hope I will assuming I completed all the tasks correctly.

I can't wait for the S25 draft and to see where I and my friend end up. Will I be drafted by a current dynasty or will I be stuck on a team in perpetual rebuild? Either way I'll do my best to improve my player and hopefully win some championships. Even if I don't win a lot of ball games at least I know I'll have fun playing. I'm really looking forward to see how everything works and can't wait to be part of the community!

(S23) - Ultimus Week - 3lewsers - 07-21-2020

Task 14

[Image: YlHwTYt.jpg]

Task 16

[Image: 6lf8ph8.jpg]

Task 18

[Image: zK6mfsN.jpg]

Task 20

[Image: Y9EPLLN.jpg]

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Vainknight13 - 07-21-2020

Task 4:

Orange County Otters Season 20 Draft Strategy

The Orange County Otters entered the season twenty draft coming off a narrow win over the Yellowknife Wraiths in the 2034 season Ultimus. Drafting for continued success can be a tricky goal, do you try to maintain? Do you attempt to continue improving and develop stars down the road, by drafting players that might sit on your decorated bench when they could be starting in less talented teams?

Simply looking at the draft board in a historical perspective tells us more about their previous season's strategy than it does about the draft. With no first round pick available to them they were clearly in "win now mode." A strategy that clearly paid off for them with their championship, being a repeat championship as it were.

Their first pick was a defensive end with the first pick of the second round. Bobby Boucher of the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers. A strong relactively quick defensive end. In context this appears to have been more of a opportunity pick than one that shows they were trying to fix a hole in their scheme. They may have seentalent in Bobby Boucher and couldn't pass him up, in their four picks during the draft he was the only defensive player taken. Another possibility here was a shallow defensive end pool. Two were taken ahead of Boucher and only one taken afterwards for a total of four. Perhaps it was a pick they had to make out of necessity, with a need at this position and no guarantees anyone worth while would still be on the board by the time their second pick came around.

Their second pick in the draft took a quick turn. Taken fifteenth overall Siddhu Sarvepally, a prolific running back with two seasons well over a thousand yards rushing, another player coming from the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers. This would signal the beginning of an offensive trend as the Otters looked to shore up their offense in an attempt at sustained success. With only one running back off the board, this seemed like a pick they really wanted to make. A good running back with a relatively decent history in the developmental football league of success. With their now champion running backs Reed and Shady it looked as if they wanted to begin a true running back by committee type back field one where they could rely on their runners to carry the load and find a sustained success on the ground.

The third pick, a tight end Dave Casper Jr. The last pick of the third round from the Minnesota Gray Ducks looked like another pick to shore up the offense, it seems at this point they had good faith in their defense or saw no defensive players worth the investment. This was the final tight end taken in the draft and appears to have been both a reach and a desperation pick. They saw a need at this position and took him when they had their chance. Unfortunately he would wash out of the league relatively quickly, another trend which becomes apparent in hind sight of their draft.

Their fourth and final pick with the last pick if the draft, a wide reciever. Emilio Cortez playing under the waiver rule. This pick shored up their commitment to reinvigorating the offense in an attempt for a higher scoring year, signaling they were uncomfortable with the nail biter of an Ultimus win by only three points. However Emilio like Casper would also wash out of the league relatively quickly.

They say hindsight is twenty twenty, but their draft strategy was apparent, in both its flaws and desires. You can see they really wanted a defensive end, signs of a rushed pick there for Bobby Boucher, the only pick of this draft to remain on the roster, a task in and of itself in the rigors of the league. Siddhu would see some playing time but would never quite reach the heights he did in the DSFL, only remaining active for a year or two. Both Casper and Cortez flunked out relatively quickly, a not too uncommon result for the later round picks. With the theme of hindsight commitment looked like a major issue from their draft picks, their overall theme of offense didn't pay off with any sustained success, although they seem to have an eye for defense, although it may have been an element of luck as Bobby Boucher was simply the best available at the time for the position they wanted. Siddhu could have been considered a steal at pick number fifteen, as he easily could have gone off the board as the number one running back, this one can only be judged in hindsight, it seemed a great deal with a committed young player at the time, no one could have predicted that he would fall off the horse so rapidly,with the numbers he put up. Their final two picks stunk from the start. Their dodgy natures and inability to commit to their careers were already apparent and noted. Perhaps the Otters and other teams can learn a lesson that a committed player who doesn't fit your team is better than an unreliable player with the talent to help you right away.

Word Count: 879

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Pat - 07-21-2020

Option #12 - New Rookies

My time in the ISFL has been, well, very short. I created my player less than 24 hours prior to writing this post; but, I've been so excited to get him in the league and start DOMINATING that I just wanted to jump in and do as much contributing as I can.

First off, the community here so far has been the most inviting online community I've ever been a part of, bar none. You can tell from the first moment you're here that this community is passionate about the league and its players. It probably would make the NFLPA a little jealous.

So far, the experience has been great. The way that this whole site is organized, especially the guides for newbies, is really great. The Rookie Mentors deserve a huge shout out, as they've answered so many of my probably dumb questions. I've also loved being able to just really immerse myself in my player, which is just great for someone like me who is a sports fan, and also loves his roleplaying games and Dungeons and Dragons (haven't played in a couple years, but nevertheless). My friend who also joined the league and I actually have about a dozen Google Sheets which chronicle our various online Madden leagues, so I definitely feel at home.

One of the prompts for this option was, "how did it feel to be drafted?' and while I can't answer that question, I can tell you how I plan to spend the Season 24 DSFL Draft: with a cold beer, sitting in Discord, ready to brag to everyone when my player gets picked #1 overall. Okay so he probably won't get picked #1 overall, so I'll most likely end up crying in the corner, but a man can dream!

I haven't met too many people out of the fellow new rookies hanging out in the DSFL Discord along with the Rookie Mentors, but everyone I've met has been super inviting and makes me feel at home. I was chatting with my aforementioned friend who joined with me, and he said, "we finally found our people" and I agree wholeheartedly. I'm looking forward to checking up on game results, my player's stats, league leaders, and everything else that comes with this league.

If there was something I would suggest, and it probably isn't important and might be nitpicky, it would be to be a little clearer on how the season structure works for new players. For instance, when I created my player, I thought he would be in Season 24 (the upcoming season) but discovered it was supposed to be for S25. Then learned later on that he WOULD be playing in S24, but not in the ISFL. Once I understood that the DSFL and ISFL are technically different, it made it a little more understandable. I just felt a little confused.

Anyways, thank you for allowing us all to be here and for reading my initial experiences here at the NSFL!