International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT2 - Host City - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT2 - Host City (/showthread.php?tid=29848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Cincyfan96 - 02-08-2021

We're going ultimate throwback mode for my dream Ultimus. We're gonna head to Pete Wheeler's house for a sick rendition of backyard football. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, we're pulling out all the stops! Live commentary by the legendary Sunny Day and guest host Chuck Downfield, genuine pool noodle goal posts, we're even going to steal the bleachers from the middle school football stadium and park them right next to Pete's dad's F250 and hope that no one notices until the game's over! While most of the bleachers will be taken up by the neighborhood kids, you know the crew - Lisa Crockett, Kiesha Phillips, Vicki and Kenny Kawaguchi, and of course, Pablo Sanchez, we might still be able to fit a few of your moms in the stands. But tell your dads they'd better bring the lawn chairs. Don't worry, though, that old time nostalgia will be more than worth the crammed seating and the complaining neighbors! Halftime, you ask? Easy. We're changing up the norm and having a skills drill. We'll have Pete Wheeler running 40 yard dash competitions, Pablo Sanchez showing off trick catches, and Keisha Phillips arm wrestling anyone who dares to challenge her. It's gonna be a freaking riot. I'm so pumped. Let's go!!!

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Crodyman - 02-08-2021

I would host the Ultimus in an exotic location of neutral advantage. Perhaps a sprawling sand dune on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi (drink plenty of water!) or on the warmest day of the year on the subcontinent of Antarctica (bundle up!), or even on a sprawling ocean trawler in the middle of the pacific ocean thousands of miles from dry land (Neptune protect us.). The point is, I would want to go big on the location in order to turn the game into a giant spectacle that everyone in the world would want to tune into.

The halftime show would also have to be off the wall, and so I’m imagining some sort of terrible medley of dozens of different artists doing 20 sec parts of their hit singles. Cannibal Corpse would segue beautifully into the country ballad of “Thunder Rolls'' by Garth Brooks, only to be drowned out in volume by Cardi B’s inimitable W.A.P. Death cannot prevent some of history's favorite superstars such as John Denver and Kurt Cobain from showing up as singing holograms, thus tantalizing the audience by making them question the moral ethics behind eternally owning an artist's likeness. By casting as wide a net as possible, I believe this absolutely ludicrous and expensive halftime show would reach the hearts of millions and be talked about for time immemorial

(227 words)

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - xTri - 02-08-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Jiggly_333 - 02-08-2021

I don’t think I’d nominate my home team stadium. I think it’d actually be more interesting to have the Ultimus at a DSFL stadium and the Ultimini at an ISFL stadium. Within the fiction of this universe we’ve built for ourselves here, I’m pretty sure that all the stadiums have a pretty similar capacity. It ensures that no team will be able to have a real home-field advantage, which is something that was very annoying back in the early days of this league. I really like neutral site games and I think that this would be the perfect way to do it. Although, it might be even more fun to have a specific stadium be the one stadium where all of the championships take place in. I think most of you football people may think of Aloha Stadium, which is honestly a trash place to play sports. Instead, what I mean is like Wembley Stadium. At the heart of that nation’s capital, a big stadium specifically designed to be the home of the sport. There is no (club) team who plays there regularly and it specifically hosts the FA Cup final, the promotion playoffs, and a couple other cup finals I can’t think of right now. But a specific “Championship Stadium” would be a cool idea. The problem is figuring out where it goes to give as little of an advantage as possible.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - ryd029aird13 - 02-08-2021

When I think of a perfect host city, I don't think city, I think bigger. How about a continent? How about Antarctica? How about the South Pole?

This does seem a bit far and could be extremely difficult to build a field to play. The fans will struggle to attend, but who really cares about the fans. Everybody loves a game played in wintery conditions, so why not play on the coldest place on this flat earth. I think the ISFL is ready for its very own Ice bowl. Better yet let’s send the two teams from the warmest climates to the coldest climate in the world and make them compete. When the ice caps start melting during the game, due to the heated benches both teams brought with them, and the field begins to break up is when the real fun begins. Corners will be able to keep receivers on an actual island. A 3rd and 10, turns into a 3rd and 30 because the long snapper is in and the Qb is drifting off. The best part though the half time show. Penguins playing their own championship game while the stars of Happy feet put on the show off a lifetime.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - noanic - 02-08-2021

The two locations I find most convenient are either something in the EST time zone or in the GMT time zone. These locations would make it easier for international players to participate in the game. Of course, the day of the week is also crucial, as certain groups are still at a disadvantage. A city like London would probably be the best choice here, due to the stadium and the city itself. Wembley Stadium would do justice to an event like Ultimus and it would be an honor for the teams to play there. Also for fans, besides the main event, it is an experience to visit and explore the cityOf course, there are some concerns here about travel costs, as most ISFL fans and players continue to come from the United States. Still, the time zone allows fans who would no longer be able to get tickets to be part of the action at a convenient time of day. While it would take place at 8-9 p.m. in Europe, even Los Angeles spectators could comfortably watch at 10 a.m. on a Sunday morning. This would be a suitable option for any ISFL enthusiast. However, should Europe be eliminated as an option, KCC would be more than pleased to host the Ultimus as well as the Ultimini.

words: 217

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Alcott - 02-08-2021

To replicate the magic of this year's Super Bowl, where the hometown team Tampa Bay Buccaneers won the championship in their own stadium, I would host this year's Ultimini in the Doghouse of the DSFL's very own Dallas Birddogs. Dallas is already a prime destination for an event like the Ultimini, having ample hotel accommodations in the city itself or any of the other cities in the metroplex, from Fort Worth, Arlington, and smaller suburbs like Plano, Carrolllton, Denton and Grapevine. There are many family friendly attractions, like Six Flags over Texas, Hurricane Harbor, the Fort Worth Stockyards, and Great Wolf Lodge to go along with the adult festivities and night life that can happen in any of the Dallas districts. The addition of other professional sports teams also means a high chance for celebrity exposure and attendance, which boost the publicity of the event. Keeping with the theme of home-grown talent only Dallas native artists would be allowed to perform, the national anthem would be sung by Demi Lovato and the halftime show would be performed by the combine efforts Post Malone and Usher. These artists should have enough of a crossover to create a smooth transition between each (similar to the Shakira and Jennifer Lopez Super Bowl performance) while still being able to capture a wide enough audience across most major target demographics.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Memento Mori - 02-08-2021

SHL affiliate PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - nunccoepi - 02-08-2021

Ok this is a really tough Pt to write, not going to lie, because its asking what city would I like to host the Ultimus as if I don't want it to be hosted by my own teams city? Like because that would mean that my team was automatically in it. So of course that would be my top preference. and by that same logic, then, since it would mean that the Yeti AREN'T in the Ultimus, I don't ever want the Ultimus to ever be held in Yellowknife (has way too little seating and no one knows where it is anyway so all the fans would get lost or would freeze to death by the end of the game), or in Philly (kind of obvious because Philly smells but also low key don't feel like I have to worry about it being held here), Chicago (ok admittedly this would be a fun place to have an Ultimus because as a Detroit native I hate how endearing Chicago has become to me), Baltimore (ok also feel like this one isn't too much of an imminent concern for obvious reasons although I wouldn't hate it because who doesn't love a comeback story and also it was L'Alto's team), Sarasota (probably the most likely place it'll be held so please no), or Berlin (basically the same objections that I had to having the Ultimus in Canada except also everything will be in German so also that).

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - negs - 02-08-2021

If I could pick a location for this year’s Championship games, I would definitely host them in New Jersey. I know it is a weird destination to choose out of everything but I think Jersey would be a great place to have it. It could be hosted at Metlife stadium which is a historic stadium and the home of my favorite team the New York Football Giants. Not only is the game the closest thing to New York City possible, it is also close to the New Jersey Shore! Depending on what month the game is held a certain year it is a great tourist destination for those who both want to go to the city or the shore. Not to mention New Jersey undeniably has the best bagels in the world and some of the best pizza as well. The halftime show would definitely be a lot of fun. I would bring in all of the famous artists from the city and Jersey to perform. There would be a big city theme in it and I would have both rap and country be a part of it as those are weirdly my two favorite genres. A championship weekend in New Jersey has got to happen and why not in the ISFL?