International Simulation Football League
(S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected (/showthread.php?tid=51461)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - omg - 05-22-2024

Talking up a player who is bound to improve couldn't be easier. Fig Newton was complete trash last season, and he would need to actively try to suck in order to be worse this season. As a rookie on a team actively trying to lose, Newton barely hit the 500 rushing mark. In fact, he had the lowest rushing total of all players who had at least 100 carries (and that's being generous, I could say 76 carries and have the same effect). In fact, even his own quarterback outrushed him (on fewer carries to boot!) and had more rushing touchdowns than him! What a fool! So clearly, he's gotta be better this season! And so far... well he has been better. 46 yards in one game puts him on pace for over 700, a marked improvement over last season! Of course some things never change: he still has less than half of the rushing yards of his own quarterback (though in his defense, only one other player has more rushing yards than said quarterback). Assuming Fig continues his upward trajectory, he may help Honalulu win 3, maybe even 4 games this season!

@MMFLEX

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - ACynicalGamer - 05-22-2024

Going into a new DSFL season, the nature of the DSFL and call ups to the ISFL has meant an enormous shake up to the power rankings. 
One of the teams that has benefitted most from this shake up is last season's North division bottom dwellers, the Kansas City Coyotes.

Starting at QB, Russel Jimmies performances last year were as disturbing as the way he eats pizza, it's not something anyone wants to see again. Granted, he was working with an entirely rookie supporting cast, but they should be set up for this season with those rookies having nearly max earnt throughout last season, putting them top of the pecking order for offensive TPE in the coming season. 

They have some talent on defense as well, coming in at 3rd on the TPE rankings, and are poised to bounce back from a disappointing season to rake advantage of the demise of Minnesota and Portland. 

Kansas City are my favourites for the Ultimini from the North this season, though unfortunately I see them losing to the mighty Seawolves at the final hurdle.

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - Brad Woof - 05-22-2024

I think Tim Riggins is going to have a breakout sophomore season. He was able to put up nearly 1100 yards on a tanking offense headed up by the ghost of Preston Beatz, so a second year of max earning is going to put Riggins pretty solidly on the WR map, even if his team tries for back to back first overall picks. That being said, nobody measures WRs by wins/losses. Volume will be king for Riggins. Expect the Yeti to be behind frequently and slinging the ball even more frequently. Beatz might be even more of a ghost than he was last season, but all he needs to do is put the ball in the air and he'll have plenty of opportunity to do just that. I'm certainly not expecting Riggins and the Yeti to make the Ultimus or even the playoffs, but something like a Pro-Bowl selection wouldn't surprise me at all.

Not bad for a washed up TE.

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - wildcatbandit - 05-22-2024

PBE
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=35783&view=findpost&p=723608

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - KaleSalad - 05-22-2024

Coming off the Ultimus and an incredible rookie season Purdy Mediocre is making the move to the backfield and will serve as the alternate running back this coming season with the Outlaws. This move will likely mean that he will becoming a supporting cast member and will be no where near the production he was last season that showed him hitting the first all all pro. In knowing this it means he is all about the vibes this year and will continue to work and get better as his role will continue to change in the backfield for the outlaws. In being this supporting role he does hope it helps lead the outlaws back to the ultimus for the third straight year but he will not be the star of the show that he was last season as they completed the back to back championships! Lets hear it for the locker room vibes from Purdy this season who will be the ultimate hype man!

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - wetwilleh - 05-22-2024

In the DSFL team power rankings are almost always in flux due to ISFL callups and IA players making it very hard for teams to be consistent. One of these teams who hasn't done great in recent season is the Norfolk Seawolves. Last season they were near the bottom of their division (only above DAL) despite having drafted a great S48 rookie class. I think things are going to improve drastically for NOR this season as they were one of the teams not decimated by callups which allows them to have one of the strongest defenses in the league. With S48 LBs Robot Sunfish and Mac Mannheim at the lead, I think the NOR defense will shine and allow them to finally make it back to the playoffs and potentially the Ultimini.

Along with a great S48 class still remaining, NOR also had an amazing draft for S49. Some of these all-stars include D'Squarius Green Jr., Frosty Steele, Billdozer Dauterive, WW Jatt, William Eaton, and others. NOR took a different approach this season and loaded up on tight ends as their offensive focus with 4 in total which should make their offense interesting to watch this season for sure. They are also the only DSFL team with a full LB core so I think their defense is going to be amazing this season and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some blowout games.

NOR is definitely one of the teams to watch in the DSFL playoff race this season and I look forward to seeing them and their players in action.

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - ajtigger - 05-22-2024

As a fellow kicker and punter, I want to highlight Jack Sloth as the player that I think will have a top tier season this year. While his previous season was a big success, Sloth just keeps getting better and better and he is beginning his climb to 100 kick accuracy this season. Once he hits this milestone, I see him becoming a real force in the league. I am predicting a major spike in both field goal percentage and his punts inside the 20 yard line rate. I think by the end of the season sloth will have made his way into the pro bowl conversation and we might be even looking at a special teams player of the year. However, I don't see this being a one time tick up in performance for Sloth. He is a solid earner and I see him consistently improving throughout his career. It is a very promising one and I look forward to watching with great anticipation.

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - jsteele14 - 05-22-2024

This entry will be slightly different to the other entries as the majority seem to be talking about the big leagues, 'ol ISFL up there. Anyway, I will be talking about the DSFL and how the the Norfolk Seas wolves will be fighting for the championship this season with hopefully little to no bias. I know I was drafted to the team, but I do have to say that this team is primed for a run at the title. The reason I say this is due to the fact of how much focus they put on the defense for the draft. Taking a bunch of linebackers, and a defensive lineman. The focus of these positions were great as the team already has a few solidified positions being on offense with a couple of the players being at max TPE for the DSFL so why would they need to draft more for that position? It's great, and with how active the locker room is, it helps bring more activity to the users and the want to improve as a whole for the team. I know it's the DSFL and anything can happen, but i think Norfolk is in a great spot for the post season.

204 words

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - Muddym13 - 05-22-2024

Once again, the offseason has come to a close and the race for a Ultimus is once again underway. This season, the Berlin Fire Salamanders have positioned themselves as a team to watch, particularly due to their impressive drafting of young talent. The Fire Salamanders have welcomed three promising rookies from the latest draft, including DT GCBWRNW Princess Donut, RB American Dream and OL Acutiramus Bohemius, enhancing a roster that already includes eight players drafted in Season 47 or earlier. This youthful core brings a mix of fresh enthusiasm and growing experience to the team. The new rookies, eager to prove themselves, are expected to make immediate contributions on the field. Meanwhile, the players from Season 47, now entering their second year, are set to continue growing their performance with the experience they gained last season. Let's not forget about the veterans still on the team who are more then capable of making an impact of their own including Mike Gesicki.

This blend of first- and second-year players fosters a great locker room where they can develop together, enhancing team chemistry and overall performance. The potential for growth as TPE costs are lower at this year in the career will strengthen the team over the course of the season. This continuous development is key for Berlin, as it will enable them to push for a strong late-season push, making it possible to ruin some other teams seasons.

Looking beyond this season, the improvements made this year will not only benefit their current season but also position the Fire Salamanders for an even stronger performance in the next season. By focusing on young talent, Berlin is building a team capable of sustained excellence, with potential for Ultimus appearances and Pro Bowl selections in the near future.

In conclusion, the Berlin Fire Salamanders have significantly bolstered their squad since their last season through strategic drafting and player development. It will be fun to see if this young team can translate on the field.

Code:
331 Words

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - araa - 05-22-2024

New Orleans Secondline is aiming for their first Ultimus in a long while, after getting destroyed for few seasons in ASFC, they are now a top contender for winning the Championship with eleven players having over 1000 TPE (5 on offense and 6 on defence), and they are definitely the most stacked team in the league. Above that they also have 3 players that might break the 1000 mark by the time Playoffs come around and I sincerely doubt that they won’t make the playoffs. Another thing worth noting is that they have complete OL lineup which is rare indeed. NOLA has been making some trade moves to ensure their success this upcoming season, one of mentioned earlier offensive linemen arrived here on such trade, other notable trade is Bread Bowl, a Tight End one of their 1000 TPE player, now this trades I’m not sure I understand, why reach for such player if you’re going to target him 2 times in a game, I DEMAND MORE TARGETS FOR BREAD BOWL!