International Simulation Football League
(S49) Late Joiner Thread - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S49) Late Joiner Thread (/showthread.php?tid=51773)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - lunaripcole - 07-06-2024

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=51946
2 Prompts

- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?

To Whom it May Concern,

Hi, My name is Dalinar Summers. I come from a family of athletes and I am no exception. I am the most physical and driven player on the field, and I aim to show it. I'm not built the same as these other recruits. I'm not even built the same as my brothers. I stick to a strict diet, workout schedule, hygiene schedule, and mental health preparedness. Nobody prepares for gameday the same way I do, and in my opinion, I do it best. I think my results on the field will prove that I'm not just some cocky wannabe. I'm 100% for real. I'm him.

See you soon,
Dalinar Summers

- Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it
I'll start first with the last name. Summers is the name that me and a couple irl friends came up with to be our shared last name for our characters who are brothers. Dalinar is a name taken from a book series called The Stormlight Archives. When I was choosing a name for the powerback I was working on I knew I needed a strong name. Who better than the greatest general to ever walk the planet of Roshar. Dalinar (book character) is the type of man who can catch powerful magic blades between his palms, he shows strength, speed, and by the end, lots of smarts. He is who I aspire to model Dalinar Summers after

@lunaripcole 14 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - JaytheGreat - 07-07-2024

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=52061&pid=815953#pid815953

2 prompts

- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?

I'm pretty biased since both of my former two players have played for Yellowknife but I really believe that they have the best brand in the ISFL. The colors along with the logo match up great and really works for a place called Yellowknife. Even the location itself is pretty unique, there are a few teams over the number of sim leagues that are based in Canada, but none are in the remote tundra of Yellowknife, Canada. It's a cold unforgiving place and I love the blue, black, and white color uniforms. In the DSFL I've always liked are the Bondi Beach Buccaneers, it's in another unique location playing their home games in Australia (if I remember correctly) and the logo really fits the name. I don't know what their uniform colors are but if it's the same as the logo, green, yellow, and purple. I don't really like the colors by themselves, but they do actually work well when put together.

- Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you

The number 52 is one that really means a lot to me, in real life it was my number when I played football in middle school and it was the number worn by my all time favorite football player who just so happens to also be a LB, Ray Lewis. I've been a Lions fan my entire life but growing up I was also a Ravens fan and Ray Lewis was the main reason for it. He was amazing to watch and was without a doubt the best LB of his generation and possible the best LB of all time. He was a monster tackler and also really good in pass defense. He is the type of player I'm looking to emulate with my new player Jake Spears. But Ray Lewis isn't the only great LB to wear number 52, Patrick Willis and Clay Matthews who are both incredible LBs wore the number. By the end of my career I hope my player will be installing the fear that Lewis, Willis and Matthews did.

@JaytheGreat 20 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - jayamshah99 - 07-08-2024

[ 06/26/2024 ] https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=51808 

1 Prompt:
As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?

I joined the league as a brand new player a little over a week ago. While I've been an avid football fan for a while, I've never done any sports sims before so this was my first experience of its kind. 

Being brutally honest, I found the whole thing to be really daunting at first. I joined after seeing a Reddit thread advertising the league, and immediately clicked the link and went to create a player, and joined the Discord a little while after. Eventually, after speaking to some folks over Discord in scouting conversations, I got some tutorials and help with navigating the site, updating my player, making media posts, etc. and now I feel much more comfortable.

I found the following things pretty intuitive just by reading the Rookie Guide:
  • Creating My Player - The player creation form is really easy and straightforward. It does a good job of explaining what caveats there might be when choosing each position and what options you have for archetype, allocating TPE, etc.
  • Joining the Discord - It's already pretty easy, since you just need to have an account and click the link. But the link being displayed prominently and mentioned in every documentation material is helpful. Nothing to change here!

The following aspects of starting up were a little more esoteric/needed some additional guidance:
  • Updating My Player - Maybe it's just because I'm not used to forum-style things like this, but it took me a while to realize that you need to reply to your own player post with your chosen TPE allocations, and even then the format I was supposed to use eluded me for a while. Maybe linking the lemonpoppy page that formats it for you will help, if you can get permission from the creator. (Big thanks to the scout who walked me through my first player update and spot-checked it for me once I was done!)
  • Claiming TPE - The TPE claim table that's shown in the Guide is really helpful *once you know what it means to "claim" TPE*. It's possible that I'm just terrible with reading comprehension, but it took a few explanations for me to understand what exactly a "Claim Thread" was and why I need to click the "Claim" link in the top-right corner of my posts.

I think overall the Rookie Guide is pretty well-written and a must-have resource for new rookies like myself. These ideas reflect my own experience and what I view as potential areas we can improve it. That being said, I think the biggest reason most folks pick things up pretty quickly is the awesome community we have. Pretty much every scout that reached out in the first few days had some words of advice for me, and were more than happy to answer any questions I had. I'm hugely thankful for all the help I've gotten and super excited to be a part of the league moving forward!

@jayamshah99 10 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - drhugheackmanesq - 07-10-2024

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=52038 0/07 eligibile for 20 TPE

Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you:

Wearing the number 1 jersey means a lot to me it show that I'm always trying to be the best and always be pushing for excellence. It's a constant reminder that I'm the first in line to take on challenges and the first in line to contribute to my team winning a trophy, it shows that I'm who I am, number 1, the greatest, the first at everything I do, WR1, KR1, PR1, hell, I'll even be QB1 if I have to. This number is just about personal pride, but it's also about setting a standard for my team. When I put on that jersey, I know that I take on the responsibility to perform at my peak at all times, drive forward my teammates, and deliver outstanding results. Number 1 signifies not just being the best in skills, but also in dedication, teamwork, and spirit. It pushes me to work harder, stay focused, and never settle for anything less than the top. Wearing number 1 fuels my ambition and reminds me daily that I am a champion, committed to maintaining that status through perseverance and hard work.

Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?

Dear league general managers in the DSFL,

As you prepare to make your draft and waiver picks in the next few days, I gotta let you know why I should be the first name you waiver off of your little waiver sheets.

I embody the spirit of a champion, no other person in this class is gunna fight for me and my team like I will, I'll be out there defending me and anyone else on my side to the world, and you want me to be fighting for you not against you. Cause when the time comes, and the whistle blows, I'll be the one blowing up secondary's.

I can promise you that teams will regret not picking me, but I am going to prove my worth and contribute to your organisation's success. I look forward to being a part of the winning team.

Yours most ever sincerely,

Future Hall of Famer, Hugh Eackman

@"hugheackman" 20 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - Bradkipp - 07-11-2024

Player: Kipp Summers

"As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?"

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - Bradkipp - 07-12-2024

Player: Kipp Summers(https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=52226&pid=816950#pid816950) - Join date 07/11 - Eligible for 21-30 TPE (3 Prompts)

"As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?"

As a newly created player, and a person who has not spent much time on forums (especially like this) before hand, I think the experience is pretty easy to grasp, especially with having the help of some friends who had just started not to long ago and had already gone through the process. One of the most useful tools in helping me start was ISFL Rookie tutorial Video playlist on YouTube. It was very helpful and I would highly recommend that to any new player starting up. As for suggestions The only thing i can think of is a direct link to the Rookie Point tasks placed within the Rookie Guide (I apologize if there already is and i missed it). I am afraid my lack of experience with forums has got me at a loss her, but I am very impressed with how much time and effort has been put into this and I look forward to getting into the league more and getting to know the people around 

"Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?"

Dear Future GM,

TO START, I am just a little guy, BUT I promise you I will be the fastest little guy there ever was. I am here to break aspiring quarter back's DREAMS. I will be the shadow in the corner of their room that haunts them before they go to bed every night. If a QB even thinks of throwing in the vicinity of me i will send that pig skin right back to his end zone. And I know that may sound like a lot of bark coming from a rookie but I am going to try my best to put in the work to make it a reality. I come from a big family of hard workers, except for one but I don't like to talk about her much. My older brothers have been great role models for me growing up and I can say with my whole heart that I will push until i reach the top.

To my future GM I won't let you down I promise. 
    Sincerely,
        Kipp Summers

"Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it"

My player's name is derived from my online user name "Bradkipp" Which is derived From my name and Mudkip the Pokémon (the extra P was because someone already took the name with one P). The last name Summers comes from the fictional family that my friends made that I joined in on. Being a part of that family, no matter how fictional, means a lot to me and I can't wait to start a legacy with my brothers.

@Bradkipp 27 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - benrb97 - 07-14-2024

1. Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it
Theres no super duper deep meaning to the player name. However, I do still think you will enjoy the thought process behind it. Firstly, I am a huge ancient history fan. At school, I quite literally created such a wild ream of revision notes that my teacher took these notes, sellotaped them together, and managed to deck out the entire circumference of the classroom twice. They literally became the room's wall display.

So yeah, ancient history boff. But I specifically loved one sorry. The sack of Troy and all the little storylines that came with it. So what better name for my defensive tackle, who will be getting SACK after SACH after ZACH in the internal SIM football league ?.

Zach Ovtroy is intended to be read Sack of Troy. Cor, it is not easy to get to one hundred and fifty words... What more can I say? That's genuinely it. The name is inspired by ancient history and a play on words haha

I hope you will allow me to use chatgpt for these next two ?

2. Why the number 95?
Chris Jones has cemented himself as one of the most dominant defensive players in the NFL, and my admiration for him stems from his relentless performance, particularly during the playoffs. His ability to disrupt the opposing offense is unparalleled, especially with his knack for pass breakups. In critical playoff moments, Jones has consistently stepped up, using his size, speed, and football IQ to bat down passes and halt drives. These game-changing plays have often swung momentum in favor of his team, showcasing not only his physical prowess but also his mental toughness and determination. Watching him single-handedly neutralize some of the league's best quarterbacks under the highest pressure makes it easy to love his game. His playoff heroics, highlighted by crucial pass breakups, have solidified Chris Jones as a player who thrives when it matters most, making him a true cornerstone of the defense and a personal favorite.
Chat GPT is wild... I couldn't have said this better myself. I literally just asked it to write 150 words about how I love Chris Jones and his pass breakups in the playoffs!

3. Why should you draft me on your team?
Dear Managers,

I am writing to express my keen interest in joining your esteemed American football online simulation league. As a passionate fan of the Kansas City Chiefs and someone hailing from London, my enthusiasm for the sport transcends borders and brings a unique, international perspective to the game.

My love for the Chiefs has instilled in me a deep understanding of football strategies, team dynamics, and the nuances that make the sport exciting. I am adept at analyzing games, predicting plays, and making informed decisions, skills that are crucial for success in a simulation league.

Moreover, my commitment to following the Chiefs, despite the time difference from London, showcases my dedication and flexibility. I am confident that my analytical skills, strategic mindset, and passion for American football will make me a valuable addition to your league.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to contributing to your franchise's success.

Best regards,
Zach Ovtroy, DT Prospect

@benrb97 20 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

As a note, we don't allow AI submissions for media or point tasks, so you won't get credit for anything you submit that is AI written.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - moonchildxox - 07-17-2024

My name has some meaning to me as it’s the name of my characters in singlecity where I am the captain in that so I help in leading a group of 40 . I am also very into moons and stars always have been since I was a child and even have tattoos of stars 

My number doesn’t mean a whole lot to me but when my boyfriend was showing me what a linebacker does and watching the packers I saw multiple good players wearing 52 (ray lewis, Willis and clay matthews) so when I was picking a number I chose 52 as I thought ut would bring good luck

@moonchildxox 14 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - Sevrin - 07-17-2024

Prompt number 1!

There have actually been quite a few people in the that have helped me out.

At first I wasn't too sure about it, then scouting happened and @whovian and @sonic DMd me for scouting. I talked to them both for a bit, feeling better about the league. Then the prospect bowl hit. Once I saw the dotts moving I was hooked. I'm %1000 all in and can't wait for the coming seasons!

At first I was really intimidated by the upgrading and everything but the rookie guides helped a ton with my understanding of the system in place. In all honesty once I thought about it as a table top RPG it made everything so much easier to understand too!

I'm excited to be in the league and hope to be here for a long time, and contribute as a part of the community while I'm here.

@Sevrin 7 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.

RE: (S49) Late Joiner Thread - midknight - 07-19-2024

Prompt 1: What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?

Honestly, my favorite part of the league by far has been the community. There have been so many welcoming people that just make the process of getting started a lot easier, and helped me feel a lot less nervous about not knowing what I’m doing. It really helps to have a community like this, and especially the DSFL server since it’s mostly rookies/younger players, and I feel comfortable talking and chatting in there, in comparison to my feelings with the ISFL server, since everyone knows each other all ready and it feels harder to join in conversations. Some people that have really helped me is everyone in the Bondi Bay Buccaneers server, as I feel extremely comfortable talking in our locker room. In particular though, our wonderful GMs Triceracop and Whovian have helped so insanely much with just everything in regards to the actual league, and Conf, both Sevs, DC, Bfan to name a few have been really kind and welcoming to talk to.

@"tbhidgas462" 10 TPE earned! To claim your TPE link this post to your update thread.