International Simulation Football League
(S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics (/showthread.php?tid=53355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - dead_potato_ - 09-25-2024

PBE PT 50-1

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Jimi64 - 09-25-2024

When I joined Wraiths, the sentiment I heard repeated was that we were a "Dad team," and this is generally true. There are multiple members of the time that are older and have families. This makes the team a little more mature and a little less meme-y than others that I've been on. However, this does not mean the team isn't active in the locker room. In fact, we have a very consistently active group who are all highly invested. Drafting DC into the team this year has also provided some strong youthful energy and passion for the team. One gamedays, we are ill quite invested, and my running back partner Dusty types out in-depth real time commentary for our game, which I enjoy looking back upon if I am not able to watch live. However, on days we don't play, discussions topics can vary and can deal with real life circumstances. A personal favorite of mine is when Dev0 posts a riddle for us to solve.

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Bazooka_Joe - 09-25-2024

PBE affiliate: https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=37571&view=findpost&p=776424

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Aleris - 09-25-2024

well given that we are the bondi beach buccanneers. the locker room is basically a pirate chip. we have our captains and first mates (the GMs of course) and then the quite consistently mutinous crew of scallywags as the team. we all have jobs on the ship like our fearless QB Confurious is the ships doctors. usually cutting of limbs to save lives. we have two great safeties in Kofi and Strong and both are the "generals" who lead the boarding party and usually make people walk the plank. Blocking TE Rocket Toss is the like massive guy you put in front of doors so that people don't get through them. There's actually very few 50tpe IAs on the team so swab the poop deck so the whole crew has to pitch in to help with undesirable duties like swabbing and standing watch. but overall the most important part of this locker room is the plunder. and this season there's plenty of it to go around!

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Seven Arrows - 09-25-2024

I don't think there's any question that the chatter in the locker room contributes to the team dynamic.  Of course, there are other factors such as experience (TPE acquisition), GM strategy through testing and lineup construction, and earning potential/reality that contribute to a winning team and thereby further involvement.  But the gist of this question is the locker room.  The locker room can increase the fun for a player and a connection to the team.  I believe the locker room of the BBB is quite good.  Like most LR's I would presume, there are those who contribute on a very regular basis and those who are less involved.  This is a game after all and the ability of those individuals who play it to contribute to the locker room would naturally vary based on many factors.  I won't use this forum to highlight specific individuals but there are clearly those who play a big part in the BBB locker room and that's important.  It provides an avenue to express oneself, have fun, and hype the players and the team.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to be as active as I would like for a variety of reasons.  I do regret that but it is what it is.

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Rusfan - 09-25-2024

You will not find a more communal locker room experience than in Honolulu. Whilst other locker rooms across the International Simulation Football League are spending millions adding high-tec lockers, games, and fancy lighting, the Honolulu Hahalua locker room looks straight out of 1985, Don’t get the wrong impression, what is there is state-of-the-art and extremely well-maintained, but bright LED lighting that looks great in press releases and publicity photos is nowhere to be seen. As for the leaders in the room, it’s the designated captains that are asked to step up and lead. Voted on by the other players during training camp these chosen few need to hold their heads up when things are going badly and others have their hanging low. When the team needs a boost that can’t be found in the playbook, they need to take charge. Anyone can make these moments happen, but it is expected of those that have been picked to lead by the rest of the roster.

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - 18situaseans - 09-26-2024

In Tijuana the locker room is a whole different experience. First of all everything is in Spanish, all the channels. So you have to know some Spanish to get around the locker room, which is obviously very fitting as in real life you’d be living in a Spanish speaking environment. The gameday’s are always hype and most of the team watches the game live, creating an unforgettable atmosphere. My lovely GM always posts ways to get TPE for us and even gives us his predictions for predictions. I haven’t used GM predictions in my entire time in the ISFL until this week’s games, mostly because I haven’t done very well this season on predictions. The Tijuana locker room is a great place to make friends, there’s all kinds of cool channels for memes, sports, you name it. It is a great experience playing for the Luchadores and being part of such a good community and locker room.

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - dhoop - 09-26-2024

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Froste39 - 09-26-2024

The Norfolk Locker Room has a half-jokingly, half-serious military feeling to it. Our logo is a Submarine and some of us sure act like we are piloting one. Rookies re referred to as "cadets" while snior players or GM's have ranks like Captain for example. This military language also translates into a military drill style training, which reminds you of serving as a Marine or at least what you would expect serving as one would feel like.
However this adds a lot of flavour to the locker room and deepens the roleplay aspect of the league overall.
I enjoy when teams really go in on their branding and create appropriate channels, langaue and emotes and encourage everyone to use those. Teams that are too casual and bland about their branding tend to be forgetable and can't possibly hold your motivation for long, but the guys and girls at Norfolk managed to create exactly what I was looking for.
-158 words

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Daniel Janser - 09-26-2024

VHL affiliate
https://vhlforum.com/topic/151593-cgy-janser-travelling-north/