International Simulation Football League
(S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory (/showthread.php?tid=53462)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Bayley - 10-08-2024

SHL PT

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - bfry - 10-08-2024

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - yonggarius - 10-09-2024

Playing football - or any sport in general - in water causes a lot of limitations and hardships as you can see from water polo. In the case of football, everyone will need to put in extra effort to stay afloat, and tracking down the ball while swimming will be very, very hard. Howerver, that's where Honolulu's abundance of non-human players come in handy. Apart from Caleb, who is a camel, most of Honolulu's non-human players (namely a few dogs, a moose, a mouse and a robotic sunfish) are all better at swimming than an average human. And as our 'dog' players play at running back and wide receiver positions, that can be a huge advantage in offense where everyone will be struggling to get the ball or to tackle the ball carrier. The defense, on the other hand, will be dominated by Robot Sunfish, whose fish like shape was initially designed for water. As linebacker, he will be in prime position to wreck havoc in all manners while opposing offensive linemen struggle to put together some kind of protection in the aquatic environment.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - OrbitingDeath - 10-09-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Ben - 10-09-2024

SSL Affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - NUCK - 10-09-2024

SHL

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Middy - 10-09-2024

While this won't be the most outlandish location for a football game, I wanted to think of something that could possibly happen in the future - sand, particularly sand on the beach. This already is something that is commonly played for a lot of other sports that happen traditionally on grace. I think that for football both the wind coming off the ocean, as well the sand on the beach would play huge factors. The beach can get pretty windy at times, so that would force teams to look for shorter passes and rely more on the run game. I think that one of most interesting factors would be on the line, where my player is located. Speed is greatly diminished on the sand, so strength is more important. So a team that emphasizes strength on the O-line or D-line would be better off than a team that emphasizes speed. I think that for the Sailfish, where strength is a priority would do very well.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - koty_k - 10-09-2024

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Pelochyta - 10-09-2024

Being a Poliwag, I think playing in and/or on the water would really help me out. Poliwags, in case you don't know, are kind of a tadpole like creature. Really adapted to swimming, water, things of that nature. We (tadpoles and poliwags) don't really dive deep, so UNDER the water is a little more questionable, but at surface level of the water could really help out.

Humans would have to swim - like water polo - but I don't think most people in the league have the kind of stamina for that. I'm built for it. My agility would really help getting around defenders to sack the quarterback. There's just no way O linemen would have the ability to swim in my way since I can dip, dodge, duck, and dive my way towards the quartback. I could even match up with tight ends going out into passing routes with my newfound speed.

If it were underwater I'm having to come up for air all the time. Not built for it. Just like humans, so there's not much of an advantage there. I guess I could do it between plays, but still the point is that I'm not getting anything extra from that compared to playing on the surface.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Rusfan - 10-09-2024

As everyone in the league knows after color rush week, the Honolulu Hahalua have apparently raided their local zoo for their roster. From Camels to Dogs to Mice and Fish, these Hahaluas could represent an entire ecosystem. In that zoo every animal has their own habitat as anyone who’s ever been to a zoo knows, so one could say that almost any environmental change would give Honolulu home field advantage. Play under water? Sunfish and Da Pinchi could teach a whole course. Playing in a sandy and rocky environment? Let the Camel and Mouse lead the way. And don’t even get me started on where Brad Woof has been. So whether you decide to have us play on grass, turf, rocks, water, sand, or any other kind of surface, just know that Honolulu will always have the inside advantage. My advice? Just keep playing on normal fields, unless it’s MetLife Stadium, let’s not play there.