International Simulation Football League
(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars (/showthread.php?tid=8860)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Roly - 05-27-2018

As the former GM of the Marshals, I'm really excited about the talent they acquired in this draft under GM Ramero. He did a fantastic job scoutin and managed to nab a number of high-quality DSFL prospects, in my opinion. To start it off, they nabbed Kevin Fitzpatrick - arguably the most intriguing prospect in the current cohort, as a number of these pre-draft articles will attest. With the 1 OA selection, it was the ideal landing place for a player whose agency has had a history with the Marshals - formerly with connections to past GMs and coaches. Then bringing back Bucky Barnes (safety) who got a stint with the team in a tryout contract at the end of last season was a great pick as Barnes looks to follow in the footstep of past Marshal greats on the defensive side of the ball Darren Morris and Gregory Fletcher. Make no mistake though that the Marshals aren't an offense-focused team though, as Marquise Brown at RB (another highly regarded prospect) and recently declared prospect Blake Marchand (WR) and former tryout player Jai Turner (WR) will attest. All in all it should be a very interesting season for Marshals football.

198 words

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - fusion247 - 05-27-2018

The DSFL is a good league where players can train their skills before moving into the NSFL, but it is also a place where stars can be shown. One of these young stars is the first half of the twin duo that is the Montreal based Marchand Bros. Jesse Marchand is a linebacker for the San Antonio Marshals and was just drafted by them at 12th overall last night. He's a really strong linebacker prospect who could be a crazy good defensive player in the DSFL if he keeps on training. Marchand's big thing that he is known for is his blazing fast speed and awesome strength, plus his slowly revealing ability to be agile on the field. He will be really good for the Marshals this season, and is going to try and help them win a cup, a goal that is probably very realistic with the team they have.

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - BWIII - 05-27-2018

I know a lot of people are talking about Kevin Fitzpatrick and rightfully so, but I think a guy that everyone should keep an eye out for is Jesse Marchand. I think this guy has everything that you could want in a player and he's going to find himself in a nice spot here in San Antonio. Marchand has a great opportunity to continue the string of linebackers the Marshals produce, much as I came in here last year to pair with Rickey Ramero, Marchand is now coming in here to pair with me. When you stop to consider though that his brother also got drafted here I think that'll help him keep a focus and add a little extra bit of motivation that not a lot of other players will have. Basically when you add it all up I think that Jesse Marchand has the chance to be one of the better players from this draft and help fortify the middle of our defense and keep it strong.

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - caltroit_red_flames - 05-27-2018

Of all of the players in the DSFL draft I am excited for Alsan Arshad. I know @CptSquall from SHL and let me tell you he's a real great guy with a great player that has been doing really in our draft class. With the amount of dedication he has had on SHL I expect Arshad to be a solid player in the NSFL in the future and a great person in whatever locker room is lucky enough to have him. In addition he's chosen a real high impact position as a wide receiver. It may take a little longer for him to develop as a wide receiver as opposed to another position that may only have a few impact stats (like LB for example), but you can expect him to get to impact level fairly quickly when compared to the rest of the wide receiver in the class. Be on the lookout for Leaf4ever's player Xavier Flash as well. I expect the two of them to form some sort of a friendly rivalry due to their hockey backgrounds before making the jump to football. I would guess that they will be compared to each other a lot throughout their long careers.

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - cpetrella - 05-27-2018

Footballer Catcherman is the brightest star to ever exist, in fact, we could consider him a mother ducking supernova. Catherman has torn up the DSFL with the San Antonio Marshals for two seasons, and in his rookie reason, he helped lead the offense to an Untimini Championship. Catcherman was named very fittingly, considering he catches a lot of footballs out on the field. He has been a top reciever at the DSFL level for two seasons in a row, and when he gets called up to the Yellowknife Wraiths in a season or two, he will be able to tear it up with the great team they have there. Last season, Catcherman had 5 touchdowns and 600 yards, racking up 57 receptions. Although the Marshals did not have a great season as a whole, Catcherman was a bright spot on the team as the Marshals’ top offensive weapon. We’ll see what Catcherman can do!

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - OwlStrike13 - 05-27-2018

Instead of writing about a proven sim vet or recreate I'm writing about someone who could surprise a lot of people. My new teammate Kolby Deringer was the first LB off the board in the dsfl draft that was yesterday. He's been super active so far and he will completely change our defense (our lb corps, over the span of two years, lost two DPOY-caliber LBs) for the better. If he keeps the trajectory that he's headed on, catch him rivaling soon-to-be top LBs Rickey Ramero, Chad Pennington, and Brian Mills.
We have a really good defense already (just check the stats) and it will only get better. Seriously, there's just so much talent from the DL (Gustav Rodriguez) to the CBs (Mike Miles). This guy is going to fit in quickly, make a name for himself, and soon will be universally recognized as a DSFL steal at 10th overall.

@GoonerBear

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - JSS - 05-27-2018

[Image: Lsg.png]

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - dub - 05-27-2018

[Image: ipGoA55.png]
@kckolbe

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - CDub2 - 05-27-2018

As a Python alumni, it seems appropriate to write about the newest DSFL prospects that have joined the reigning DSFL champions. The Pythons had a great draft. Tons of prospects entered the squad. Notably, new linebacker Barnaby Earl seems eager to get the season going. He should anchor the defense for a long time to come. Elijah Lagerfield should be another great addition to the team. The Pythons already has an insane running game, Lagerfield will be a welcome addition. Expect eh Pythons to continue the running dominance. There are more picks the Pythons had in their stacked class so expect more rookies to burst onto the scene in the first few weeks.

One prospect that I'd keep a close eye on is ShaDarrien LaMellana. The first year wide out is a great locker room presence and I hope he strives in this league for a long time. Coming South Alabama, everyone in the league is hoping this speed receiver pans out because he could be a great player in the NSFL. 173

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Renrut - 05-27-2018

[Image: 9jcWmW1.png]

the worst work ive done in 15 years. lol. Im rushed tonight.