International Simulation Football League
PTs / TPE gains - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: PTs / TPE gains (/showthread.php?tid=1129)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

PTs / TPE gains - Perkules - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 10:03 AM)JBLAZE_THE_BOSS Wrote:If you want money to really mean something, make a tiered player store. So like, 10 mil is 20 tpe,  8 mil 18 tpe, 5 mil 15, 3 mil 8, etc etc obv my math is way off but you get the hint. Makes contracts actually worth something and gives a reason to chase the $$.  Or get creative and make money for "equipment packages" or something that gives points to a handful of attributes, get creative with it who knows.

Make league employees  have a cap of tpe per week and regular guys a slightly lower cap, motivates guys to get jobs.

I gotta agree 3 mil to grade is kinda silly, 9 tpe per season to read and give a critique of several pieces per week kinda makes it not seem worth it, especially since I don't really need the money. If it was for TPE, there would be no question on if you want to grade or not. Do it so 500 words is the max tpe or whatever and then graders just check it over and approve. Just like SBA. This way ppl dont need to wait for stuff to get graded if there is a back log. But media wont be this hot all season once guys get a few mil to play with theyll go down drastically.

The WFL/VHL format does not cultivate activity quick check says 65 users on SHL currently vs 12 on VHL.

PTs / TPE gains - DELIRIVM - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 10:46 AM)Ballerstorm Wrote:This is an excellent idea! @`incitehysteria` as media head what do you think?

I think it's a good idea. I'll talk with adam and see what we can make happen.

PTs / TPE gains - Kendrick - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 11:22 AM)Perkules Wrote:The WFL/VHL format does not cultivate activity quick check says 65 users on SHL currently vs 12 on VHL.
Oh no not this again. Someone who only knows one side of the story. Didn't you once have a defence man over there in the VHL?

PTs / TPE gains - Bengals1Fan - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 01:22 PM)Perkules Wrote:The WFL/VHL format does not cultivate activity quick check says 65 users on SHL currently vs 12 on VHL.
The point of the format is not to cultivate quick activity, but long-term activity. Those 12 members on the VHL probably have more sim experience and activity individually then all 65 SHL users combined.

PTs / TPE gains - adam2552 - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 02:03 PM)JBLAZE_THE_BOSS Wrote:If you want money to really mean something, make a tiered player store. So like, 10 mil is 20 tpe,  8 mil 18 tpe, 5 mil 15, 3 mil 8, etc etc obv my math is way off but you get the hint. Makes contracts actually worth something and gives a reason to chase the $$.  Or get creative and make money for "equipment packages" or something that gives points to a handful of attributes, get creative with it who knows.

Make league employees  have a cap of tpe per week and regular guys a slightly lower cap, motivates guys to get jobs.

I gotta agree 3 mil to grade is kinda silly, 9 tpe per season to read and give a critique of several pieces per week kinda makes it not seem worth it, especially since I don't really need the money. If it was for TPE, there would be no question on if you want to grade or not. Do it so 500 words is the max tpe or whatever and then graders just check it over and approve. Just like SBA. This way ppl dont need to wait for stuff to get graded if there is a back log. But media wont be this hot all season once guys get a few mil to play with theyll go down drastically.

Piggybacking off this idea, make different Weekly Training tiers. So you can still train once per week, but if you have the cash, you can go to a better training session. Something like:

Tier 1: $1,000,000 / +3 TPE
Tier 2: $5,000,000 / +8 TPE
Tier 3: $10,000,000 / +15 TPE
Tier 4: $25mil / +25 TPE
Tier 5: $50mil / +35 TPE
Tier 6: $100mil / +50 TPE
Tier 7: $1bil / +100 TPE

This way if you have $26mil banked, you can spend $25mil week 1 and get +25TPE, Then $1mil week 2 for a total of +28 TPE. Or just never write an article again and get +3 TPE for the next 26 weeks.

Would create some strategy into saving/spending your money. Do you save up to get the one big weekly boost or just collect your +3TPE weekly?

(06-09-2017, 10:24 AM)Kendrick Wrote:Oh no not this again. Someone who only knows one side of the story. Didn't you once have a defence man over there in the VHL?

I actually have no issues with the VHL. Lets look at other leagues who followed the format.

NABA - Dead
WFL - Email list that I get unsolicited emails from.

Being receptive to feedback goes both ways, you don't go into McDonalds and ask for a Whopper when you know that's a Burger King thing.

So why would you join a league, that you know is going to be structured around another league you dislike?

(06-09-2017, 11:30 AM)Perkules Wrote:I actually have no issues with the VHL.  Lets look at other leagues who followed the format.

NABA - Dead

Being receptive to feedback goes both ways, you don't go into McDonalds and ask for a Whopper when you know that's a Burger King thing. 

So why would you join a league, that you know is going to be structured around another league you dislike?
So what you are saying is that basically the NSFL should only expect people of the SHL structure to want to join? You're also saying that everyone who doesn't like it should sit down and shut up? That's a great attitude to invite people into your league. Considering some of us have actually been involved in successful sim leagues with a different format.

PTs / TPE gains - Bengals1Fan - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 01:30 PM)Perkules Wrote:NABA - Dead
By signing up for the WFL you consented to having emails sent to you about Football Sim Leagues. There also is always an unsubscribe button on the bottom, so if you don't want the emails you can back out at anytime. Don't trash a league when you've never run one.

(06-09-2017, 10:33 AM)Kendrick Wrote:So what you are saying is that basically the NSFL should only expect people of the SHL structure to want to join? You're also saying that everyone who doesn't like it should sit down and shut up? That's a great attitude to invite people into your league. Considering some of us have actually been involved in successful sim leagues with a different format, telling us to be quiet and go away is the worst thing you can do. Can't change SHL people though, they live in their own little PT world.

No I'm saying you should be asking for compromise, not full infrastructure change. Your first post in here was "They'll come back and say nothings wrong".

Your point is - Money is dumb

My point - 12 people is a circle jerk not a community.

(06-09-2017, 11:36 AM)Perkules Wrote:No I'm saying you should be asking for compromise, not full infrastructure change.  Your first post in here was "They'll come back and say nothings wrong".

Your point is - Money is dumb

My point - 12 people is a circle jerk not a community.
The average age of the VHL is a lot higher as well though, so they have jobs during the day. Comparing the two's numbers show how out to lunch one can be. It's also the longest running sim league and doesn't have shit storms every day like the SHL.

I was right about the whole "they will say nothings wrong", because thats the response I got from guys here who are "leaders". They didn't even want to listen to change discussion, they just got defensive.

My point is that money shouldn't be the sole way to succeed in this league, and it is.