International Simulation Football League
(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=12811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - KingCollins - 03-25-2019

Code:
211 Words

I was just chilling on my couch, eating taffy. Man, after I didn't hear my name in the first 3 rounds, I wanted to turn off the TV. No body in my family predicted I fall this far, and the room was silent. I had met with some GMs and done some pre-draft workouts, and all the GMs I met with seemed ecstatic to have a chance to select me. To be honest, I was dosing off, until

"With the 29th pick in the S15 DSFL Draft, the Kansas City Coyotes select Terry Taffy from Ohio State University."

It was quiet as everyone in the room stared at me. My phone buzzed and the room exploded with laughter and congratulations. On the phone was the Yotes' GM.

"Congratulations of becoming a member of the Kansas City Coyotes. It make come as a surprise you fell so far, but if you keep grinding in the gym and on the field you silence a lot of the people that questioned you going that early. I think you'll become a special running back for us."

I wasn't too angry with falling so far, just surprised, but I was finally happy, the wait was over. I'm one step closer to my childhood dream of the NSFL.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Eco - 03-25-2019

[Image: KyFZk2Z.png]

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - jaskins811 - 03-25-2019

For Hike Mughes, draft day was a very special day for him and his entire family as he had been waiting to get drafted into professional football his entire life. After having a very successful career at the University of Central Florida, he knew that he would be a high draft pick, but he never expected to get drafted at number 3 overall to the Arizona Outlaws. This was very special to him as he had joined the DSFL late into the season and did not start as soon as other players in his draft class so NSFL coaches had less tape to scout of him. Despite all of this, he was still drafted very high as the coaches on the Arizona Outlaws saw how much potential Mughes had when he entered the draft. Despite Mughes not being as promising as one may have hoped the past few seasons of the NSFL, he has committed to improving himself this season and he is excited to be one of the best cornerbacks that the league can offer this season and help propel the Outlaws back into dominance. This is why draft day into the NSFL was one of the most special days of Hike Mughes' entire life.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - RohnJobert - 03-25-2019

The anxiety you face over being a professional football quarterback is indescribable. Knowing that the pressure of carrying a team lies on your shoulders in the face of adversity, and the weight of your talent and skill can cause the dynamic of an entire organization to crumble to earth. The face of a franchise is both an ideal and dangerous task to put onto such a young player, but the truth is, it's happening now more than ever. You are expected to revitalize the team not only on the field but off of it as well, constantly choosing the right battles to make yourself indispensable as part of the roster and the leader. The task is not simple. Be your best, be irreplaceable, make your mark. Come and go. Being a quarterback is a historical ebb and flow to the franchise, you hope that the entirety of your career can be spent on one team, the championships coming and coming until your knees can no longer support your prior athleticism. For me, the Solar Bears choosing me is a mark of confidence that I won't forget - an expansion franchise, a new identity, and a new system tailored around my abilities. Knowing that the radiating feeling of faith coming from the front office is tangible, I'm ready to go forth and make moves on the field and be the star quarterback they expected to have when they took me as the first possible option in the draft.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - nunccoepi - 03-25-2019

The day L'Alto's name was called....As a user, nunccoepi, I barely remember the time. I honestly don't think I appreciated the league and what went into the draft as much as I do now. Being really involved with the league has really helped with that, although thinking back, I wasn't even sure at the time that I was drafted that I would stay involved, much less continue on a full calendar year later. I am of course talking about the NSFL draft. I was never drafted to the DSFL, but instead claimed off of waivers which I regret because two drafts are more fun than one.

Nevertheless, I wish I had appreciated it a little bit more. I went second overall which is a lot higher than I expected to go but was about where I was being mocked by all the mock drafts going around. Again, looking back at the time, I am incredibly blessed to have been apprecated so much to be drafted above legends like Ryan Applehort, Vlad Fyodo, and Mason Brown. A part of me was really hoping to going 1 overall but i was told that I wouldn't have a chance. Most of all, I was actually expecting to be taken by the Otters, in fact my own mock draft said as much. But I couldn't be happier with how things turned out.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Frick_Nasty - 03-26-2019

It was draft day and Mo Berry decided to spend time with his family. Her felt like he would go to the green room but did not want to get his hopes up in case he started to drop down the rounds. Round after round went by but Mo didn't lose hope. He felt a fire burn brighter after every pick inspiring to train harder, play smarter, and work harder than everyone else. Once it was past round four Mo decided to just enjoy the homemade food and embrace the love and support of his loved ones. Mo couldn't help but to glance over every minute hoping that his name would scroll across the tv. Once San Antonio was on the clock at pick #34 Berry's phone began to ring. At that point Mo was almost too scared but so excited to answer the unknown area code. It was at that moment his life was going to change. Mo had a grin the couldn't be wiped off after having a conversation with San Antonio's general manager about the upcoming season and how much of a role Model will take on. As soon as the call ended, Mo packed up his gym clothes and went to work on improving his game. He worked out til four in the morning due to his excitement.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - majesiu - 03-26-2019

PBE Affiliation

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Dangles13 - 03-26-2019

PBE PT

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Wally - 03-26-2019

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php...0774#pid2600774

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Bayley - 03-26-2019

PBE PT