International Simulation Football League
(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! (/showthread.php?tid=16070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Bauer - 10-16-2019

PBE PT

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - JKortesi81 - 10-16-2019

SHL PT

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - karl - 10-16-2019

shl s50 pt3 claim

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - StamkosFan - 10-16-2019

SHL PT

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Starboy - 10-16-2019

[Image: T94K7hT.jpg]

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Opera_Phantom - 10-16-2019

Everyone who knows something about handegg understands that defense simply does not matter. "Offense wins games, defense championships"? You have to be completely drunk to believe this. Look at this years Portland Pythons defense for crying out loud... When you have Willie B. Hardagain as number 1 draft pick, do we really need to say anything else? Then we move to another one and when we think we finally gonna find a decent player, we get Kacey Dream. Kacey Dream. What kind of name is that? No idea how he got 8 tackles and 1 INT, i guess the Folk really are that bad. After this, meet our new defensive player, Paco McTaco. Sounds familiar? Yeah, our RB is playing defense. Are we supposed to be winning games like this? This is not what i signed up for. I was promised a defense, not Willie Bs and Dreams. This second season is shaping up to be a disappointment. We should be going for number 1 in all positive stats, but playing like this, if we get top 3 i will be very surprised. Lets just pray that some new user shows up, decides to create a defender and we manage to get him on waivers. Too bad the mighty Python offense needs to carry this team 100%.

(217 words)

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - JSteel - 10-16-2019

The Tijuana Luchadores have the best defense in the DSFL, without a doubt in my mind. The reigning ultimini champions have many returning key players on defense, and although the loss of Thudd Kassel is a big one and would cause some to think the defense will take a step back, Junior Lopez has stepped up to fill the vacancy. With 29 tackles in 2 games, it’ll be hard to run against Lopez.
The strength of this team will be generating turnovers, as they’ve already generated 5 interceptions and 11 pass breakups in only 2 games. Opposing quarterbacks face an intimidating secondary equally capable of coverage and blitzing. It’s going to be hard for opposing teams to score if their offense can’t stay on the field. The Luchadores have only allowed 17 points per game, while playing both games to start the season on the road.
I believe the Luchadores will be the number 1 ranked defense at the end of this season and that they will win the ultimini for the 2nd year in a row. They will improve on their performance from last year and take the next step as a team. They will rank number 1 in turnovers, and have the lowest points allowed by the time playoffs comes around.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - hihihi_62 - 10-16-2019

What's scarier than a real life Wraith? This Seasons Yellowknife Wraiths defence. Coming off a very successful S17 defensive campaign the teams braintrust decided to do something to spice things up...why not add more talented pieces to the already terrifying defence? The team by stud defensive lineman Nero Alexander and Ryan Leaf JR who alone cause enough grief for opposing offences that it gives them nightmares. In the linebacking car rookie stud Maurice Virtanen was picked up after a highly successful one and done DSFL career and will look to make waves in the NSFL this season. The team's secondary may be the scariest part of this whole defence lead by returning superstars Danny Grithead and Johnny Snuggles. The team went ahead and made waves by signing allstar CB Axel Hornbacher to pair with Snuggles to round out this lock down secondary. This writeup wouldn't be complete without mentioning that the team also called up last seasons first round selection and former DSFL defensive player of the year Mervin Leonard who will look to assist the the already stout secondary. Let's just say I'm happy that not an opposing offence that has to loose sleep over the though of lining up against this terrifying defence.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Jonny2x - 10-16-2019

The Liberty defense looks to struggle overall this season. I am hopeful Torenson can give them some relief by controlling the clock but sitting at 9th overall in defensive TPE does not bode well. There is a lot of good to focus on. We have two top 10 safeties in Lennox Garnett and Richard D’Attoria V. With Garnett having been around awhile and providing the defensive leadership needed, the secondary with its two fourth season stars including the aforementioned D’Attoria V and Emondov Emoji and young superstar in the making Julian McMorris will be excellent for a very long time. Unfortunately, the real weakness begins to show with the front 7. The TPE leader of the front 7 is the very underwhelming former 3rd pick overall of the season 14 draft, Gekyume Stokeley. He finds himself on his 3rd team in just 5 seasons and has not really lived up to the third pick overall status. Next up we already have true rookie standout Zach Hall on the defensive line. This guy looks to be worth every ounce of the 2nd overall pick in this seasons draft and a true building block for the front 7 to build around. This will be a tough year but I believe we are in a position to turn it around next season.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - LordMacharius - 10-16-2019

PBE PT