International Simulation Football League
*Chicago Announces New GMs - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Chicago Announces New GMs (/showthread.php?tid=20623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

*Chicago Announces New GMs - Oles - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 08:48 PM)manicmav36 Wrote:Have you ever been in charge of hiring someone? Like, in real life? You don't interview everyone who applies. Applicants are eliminated before that stage for various reasons. We did, however, interview many applicants and exchanged hundreds, literally hundreds, of messages in discord over the course of 48 hours this weekend. So to say that HO did nothing when it's very clearly the opposite is not only inherently false, it's just a lazy assumption on your part.

As a former HO member yourself, I would expect you to know that there is far more that goes on behind the scenes than most people ever see. But, please, keep spreading your false narrative so you can feel better about yourself.

You’re right, you don’t interview everyone, but from what I’ve heard there was only one person interviewed, and multiple qualified candidates received no response. This isnt like an actual job hiring, you don’t have to schedule times, you could easily message people and ask them what their plans were. I know there is far more that goes into it, but it’s also not spreading a false narrative to feel better about myself. I want the best candidate to be picked, and feel like a thorough search was better than a quick search. At the end of the dat it wasn’t my decision, and I honestly didn’t expect to be picked of the candidates. It’s weird that you’d automatically assume I’m saying things to feel better about myself when i just want to make sure the team gets turned around and is successful.

*Chicago Announces New GMs - Oles - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 10:14 PM)Isidore94 Wrote:Dude the amount of pettiness in this post is unreal. They responded quickly and fairly. Jiggly admitted himself the candidate they picked was solid. It's been like 48 hours and they worked to get things done. HO are people with lives right, they have other things to do other than run this league. The fact they got you a GM and a solution to this whole mess, and then you go and say that "HO did nothing" is just asinine.

I’m not a part of the team, i have no stake in how the future of it goes. I’m just a former gm and someone who wants the team to do well. I’ve been on their side of the coin, I’ve been a lot of the roles that run the league and I know exactly what takes place, and my point is that i feel like HO did not do the things necessary in order to make an informed choice and pick the candidate with the best chances to turn the team around. Ive seen a list of candidates, and i know there were a lot of extremely qualified ones, so it’s a little baffling that they didnt communicate with a majority of candidates at any point after their applied.

*Chicago Announces New GMs - manicmav36 - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 11:11 PM)To12143 Wrote:It’s weird that you’d automatically assume I’m saying things to feel better about myself when i just want to make sure the team gets turned around and is successful.

What's weird is that you assume our goal isn't to make this the best league possible and we'd rather just not do our due diligence. League parity is very important.

*Chicago Announces New GMs - Frostbite - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 11:11 PM)To12143 Wrote:You’re right, you don’t interview everyone, but from what I’ve heard there was only one person interviewed, and multiple qualified candidates received no response. This isnt like an actual job hiring, you don’t have to schedule times, you could easily message people and ask them what their plans were. I know there is far more that goes into it, but it’s also not spreading a false narrative to feel better about myself. I want the best candidate to be picked, and feel like a thorough search was better than a quick search. At the end of the dat it wasn’t my decision, and I honestly didn’t expect to be picked of the candidates. It’s weird that you’d automatically assume I’m saying things to feel better about myself when i just want to make sure the team gets turned around and is successful.

Oles, can you read? That is clearly more than 1 person. Unless manic has a thing for REDACTED

Quote:We did, however, interview many applicants and exchanged hundreds, literally hundreds, of messages in discord over the course of 48 hours this weekend

*Chicago Announces New GMs - Jonny2x - 03-31-2020

So 20 pages of replies on this topic later, half the control was handed back to someone that quit on the team once already and folks are happy about that over new blood? lol

*Chicago Announces New GMs - bovovovo - 03-31-2020

(03-31-2020, 05:39 AM)Jonny2x Wrote:So 20 pages of replies on this topic later, half the control was handed back to someone that quit on the team once already and folks are happy about that over new blood?  lol

Being a GM in sim leagues is an old boys club a lot of the time unfortunately.

Dons tin foil hat I have a strong feeling all of this was just because the new guy said he wanted to rebrand and jiggly needs a Chicago team and Oles made the Maulers brand so they blocked it and are trying to justify it in other ways by blaming HO

*Chicago Announces New GMs - Muford - 03-31-2020

(03-31-2020, 04:39 AM)Jonny2x Wrote:So 20 pages of replies on this topic later, half the control was handed back to someone that quit on the team once already and folks are happy about that over new blood?  lol

I don’t really need to justify myself to you, but Oles knew what was going on the first time and knew why I was stepping down.

Oles and I built the team to be a potential win now and then had the hopeful right pieces in place to make sure that they would continue, which doesn’t always work out.

So instead of trying to throw shade since I’m back in charge, have faith the team will have stability going forward.

*Chicago Announces New GMs - gucci - 03-31-2020

(03-31-2020, 07:30 AM)bovovovo Wrote:Being a GM in sim leagues is an old boys club a lot of the time unfortunately.

Dons tin foil hat I have a strong feeling all of this was just because the new guy said he wanted to rebrand and jiggly needs a Chicago team and Oles made the Maulers brand so they blocked it and are trying to justify it in other ways by blaming HO

Spot on Bovo. While I think they eventually got 2 great GMs, it’s pretty clear that the motivation behind stopping HO’s proposition was the desire to save the Butchers brand and keep a team in Chicago. Idk if it’s the right choice or not, but we’ll see in like 4-5 seasons from now as the team completes their rebuild and emerges from this disaster.

*Chicago Announces New GMs - Jonny2x - 03-31-2020

(03-31-2020, 10:15 AM)Muford Wrote:I don’t really need to justify myself to you, but Oles knew what was going on the first time and knew why I was stepping down.

You are right, you certainly don't have to justify yourself to me. I would just advise to maybe give the team you are quitting on a heads up as to why. Not sure if you remember but I was on Chicago when you and Oles quit the team with hardly a word to us plebs in your locker room. That isn't throwing shade at all, I have nothing against either of you, I just don't think you should be granted a team again so soon when there are other very valid candidates being skipped over for ridiculous reasons.

*Chicago Announces New GMs - slothfacekilla - 03-31-2020

(03-31-2020, 04:30 AM)bovovovo Wrote:Being a GM in sim leagues is an old boys club a lot of the time unfortunately.

[Image: LavishGroundedGrayfox-max-1mb.gif]