International Simulation Football League
(S26) Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S26) Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=28681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S26) Ultimus Week - y2bobman - 01-06-2021

Tier 1, Topic 2

S25 LB draft class heading from DSFL into the ISF

The S25 class was pretty large due to it being a reddit draft class – indeed that is how I found out about the game.  As a result there were a number of top prospects at each position.  With L’Gazzy Burfict being a LB I thought I’d take a look at how the LB class fared after being drafted into the ISFL.  So here is my look at the first 10 LBs taken from the S25 class.

First LB from the class to be snapped up was coverage LB Guy Fields who headed to Honolulu.  An outstanding debut season in Dallas where he registered 120 tackles as a rookie led Fields to be immediately called up to the Hahalua.  After stepping up Fields still managed 68 tackles, four sacks and two interceptions in his first ISFL season.  Despite the Hahalua being pretty terrible this season where they finished bottom of the ASFC, Fields stood strong with 125 tackles, two sacks and three interceptions.  Currently lying 2nd overall for TPE in the class in the latest update with 605 TPE I look forward to seeing what the future holds.  A class act all round.

Second LB taken was speed rusher Hank Winchester, drafted 13 overall by the new expansion team in New York, the Silverbacks.  Winchester was a little behind Fields in his debut DSFL season at what was then Myrtle Beach – 111 tackles – but this was still enough for an immediate call up.  And what a good call it was.  In his debut ISFL season Winchester recorded a league leading 154 tackles – New York didn’t see much of the ball that season so he was kept busy.  This season has seen the Silverbacks jump from bottom  to top of the ASFL and this has been helped again with 126 tackles from Winchester.  TPE wise he’s leading the pack – 624 TPE gives almost 20 TPE daylight at the top.  Can he help take silverware back to New York this season?  We’ll have to wait and see.  Even so, very bright future ahead.

The third LB taken was speed rusher Richard Leaking, taken at 20 overall by the Orange County Otters.  Unlike Fields and Winchester, Leaking spent two seasons in the DSFL with Dallas despite recording 102 tackles and nine sacks in his debut season.  In the second season he ran Burfict pretty close come awards night, registering a league leading 152 tackles before being called up for the current season.  He’s struggled a little for game time with only 27 tackles to his name and TPE wise he’s fallen a little back with 565 TPE.  Hopefully things kick into gear next season and we start to see the tackle-happy Leaking of old doing the business in Orange County.

After taking Fields off the board in round one, Honolulu made balanced LB Rusty Rucker the fourth to be taken as they took him with pick 23.  A debut season in Norfolk (where he would get to the Ultimini) saw Rucker record 91 tackles and seven sacks and just like Fields this led to Honolulu calling him straight up to the big leagues.  His debut season saw 51 tackles but this is where the journey as  a true LB paused.  Rucker has been filling in as a DE and with 544 TPE will need to keep earning and learning to ensure Honolulu don’t repeat their ASFL showing next season.

The fifth LB to be taken was coverage LB Jimi DeSoto, with the Liberty taking him at 31 overall.  Another player who had a really solid debut season in the DSFL (78 tackles) leading to an immediate call up by Philadelphia.  And what an impact – 120 tackles and a couple of sacks to boot.  This season has been similar stats wise although it hasn’t helped much with the team finishing bottom of the NSFC.  But I have no concerns here, DeSoto is a solid earning player with 595 TPE to his name – I expect big things from this player in the coming years.

Moving onto he sixth LB taken (and first Power Rusher) – Donald McBobby was snapped up by the Wraiths at 33 overall.  A solid first season for the Pythons with 85 tackles and six sacks and an improvement on this in the second with 97 tackles and 10 sacks.  But that’s where the positives look to stop, or at least pause for McBobby.  Dwindling on 367 TPE it looks like the pressure of the ISFL got too much and McBobby had to take some time away from the sport.  This is never what anyone wants to see – hopefully we’ll see him back sometime soon as I see no record of an official retirement.  From a selfish perspective the Wraiths must be kicking themselves now, this is the first true bust pick of the LB class it seems.

Wasrabi Gleel was the seventh LB and second power rusher of the class to go, taken 35 overall by Chicago.  Gleel had an impressive debut season in the DSFL – 105 tackles and five sacks for Minnesota.  Numbers dropped off a little the following season (S24 pick Chainbreaker picking up a little more here) but nothing to be worried about.  Staying down in the DSFL for a third season has allowed Gleel to develop well and was 3rd in the league fort tackles (140), leapfrogging Chainbreaker in the process.  He’s amassed 546 TPE which is a solid amount for a mid 3rd round pick.  I’m looking forward to seeing how he can make the adjustment in Chicago soon.

Finally (for me anyway) we get to the eight LB of the class to be taken – speed rusher L’Gazzy Burfict was taken by the Arizona Outlaws with pick 36 of the draft.  Sitting behind London LBs Light and Domine is his debut year Burfict managed to put up 72 tackles and five sacks.  Not quite up there with the best, but not bad for a LB3.  Burfict remained with the London Royals for a second DSFL season where stats of 139 tackles (2nd in league) and 11 sacks (=1st in league) led him to being named DSFL LBotY and DSFL DPotY.  Burfict was soon called up to Arizona where he again became LB3 – less play time meaning fewer numbers to shout about this time (53 tackles and not a single sack!).  That said, Burfict was 3OA for LBs with 604 TPE at the last update so even when I try not be biased I can’t help but highlight that.

The ninth LB to be taken was speed rusher Gary Goodman, 46 overall by the Baltimore Hawks.  A strong DSFL debut season in Kansas City saw Goodman record 99 tackles saw Goodman called up to the ISFL – although moving across to play at DE.  That new position didn’t sit right, and now Goodman is back at what he does best as a true LB, although now in Philadelphia.  With 101 tackles and four sacks this season he’s doing his best to give the Liberty fans something to shout about alongside Jimi DeSoto.  Player wise he’s built up an impressive 575 TPE, more than four players taken before him.  The future is bright for Philadelphia with their S25 LBs – at least at LB anyway.

Tenth LB to be taken was speed rusher Dexter Jackson.  In his debut DSFL season Jackson hit 63 tackles and an impressive six sacks for the Bucs.  After moving to a DE he was called up immediately by the Sailfish and now plys his trade in Baltimore.  329 TPE isn’t going to make waves in the ISFL so hopefully a little more earning can see Jackson enjoy a steady career.

To conclude, firstly, what a great LB class S25 had.  So many players who will do great things here.  Personally I’d highlight Goodman, Burfict and DeSoto as “steals”, and in that order.  Finding a LB of Goodman’s quality in the 4th round, crazy.  Picking up Burfict and his trophy cabinet in the middle of the 3rd, amazing.  And DeSoto at 31 is just pure talent, no doubt.  Also worth pointing out that three of the LB class currently have more TPE than the top two picks of the ISFL draft overall – these players are hungry to do well.  Hall of Fame wise, there are a few big names who have made immediate impacts in the ISFL – I wouldn’t be surprised to see their names added at some point down the line.  Will one of those be Burfict?  Nah.  But he'll enjoy the ride, add to his trophy cabinet and hopefully get that first sack next season...

Can’t wait to see how all of the S25 LB class develops, pleasure to be a part of it.

RE: (S26) Ultimus Week - Raven - 01-06-2021

Code:
12) It seems likely the league will undergo expansion again one day soon. What would you like to see in a new expansion team? What should it be called, where should it be located, and who do you think would be in the best position to GM? Explain why.

Ah expansion my favourite part of any sim league. It's always great to see what brandings people come up with and after last expansion I think we need some good ones to make up. So I am not going to submit myself to the whole international gimmick we have going on right now. Unless HO says hey we want 4 european teams and we're going to make a european divison. So I am keeping it to the northern of americans and I am going to a city I would love to see more love for in sim league.

Nashville

Good ol' Smashville. The to be home of the hardest hitting defenders and an offense with a will to smash every team in the league. Honestly the branding I am kinda iffy about. Nashville brings some interesting options. Nashville is ofcourse known as the music city, with a highlight of the country music. So you can do some interesting things with that. Another fun fact about nashville according to wikipedia™ is that it is known as the athens of the south. Due ot the high amount of educational institutions. Athens brings interesting options of warriors and gods. A replica of Parthenon lies within Nashville and Parthenon was the temple which honored the greek goddess Athena, goddess of wisdom and warfare. A smart person could make a solid brand out of that.

Looking a bit broader though, Tennessee has a very fun state aninal. The Raccoon. This cute little rabies fueled little critter makes for a great mascot. You could go with the Raccoons or one of its many nicknames, including the one I find the most fun, Trash Pandas. Ofcourse having trash in your name opens you up to some slander in times of hardship, but the option is on the table.

Looking at Nashville in the real life big sports, we see it host the NHL Nashville Preditors, the NFL Tennessee Titans and in the MLS the newly founded Nashville SC. So while it usually would not comply to my usual rules for expansion teams. I just have a soft spot for the city of Nashville.

I am not sure who would be a great fit for the team. If I wanna be lazy I will just say I would like AdamS and Jk to become the gms. Their expansion team has been the most successful in recent history winning a cup within 5 years of being founded.

(410 words)

Code:
9) What is it that keeps you interested in the league? Is it your love of dot football, the community, a specific job or role you play, or something else? What do you like most about it? What could be improved?

Honestly as someone who has been in the sim league communiy for over 5 years by now and has been a part of the ISFL since it's inception. Shoutout to being the 23rd memeber on the site. I think the biggest part of the league that keeps me active is the community. Although that has to be said with a grain of salt, as I have been less active in the general community for a while now and mostly keep to my own teams locker room. I have made some amazing friends through sim leagues and keeping up with them and keeping up with my team mates has to be one of the greatest things. I do kinda miss the days I was more active around the site, but the enviorment has changed quite a bit and it has kinda turn me away. Besides that I just love having a player in the sim and keeping track of what they do. Lavigne has been interesting after playing a quarterback and a kicker. As those two positions have way more visability on way they did. You can easily see how your kicker went, averages on punting. Quarterbacks also have all their information in front of them, if you ignore sacks that you have to look for yourself. However a defensive player, just kinda has stats. I dunno how effective my tackling was, I do not know how important my pass defensing was. Of course I can hop into the play by play, but I am lazy. It has made me realise my next player will likely be something like a wide reicever or something. Just to see those stats again. Maybe the new sim engine will bring change in presentation of stats and in a month I will give you a whole differnt story.

Also I kinda wanna see howlong I can keep the banking gig up. I have enjoyed doing it for almost 4 years now and I can not imagine me growing a disliking to it any time soon. I am not sure what would have to be improved in the league. Most would know I never really was in favour of moving sites or moving sim, but the changes seem to be good. I have gotten used to the new forums, so I cannot complain too much about it anymore. It has grown onto me by now. The new sim will be intersting I know people have been bitching for a change forever now and the sim we had wasnt ideal, but we also didnt have many other options, so the release of ddsfl21 is pretty good for us.

(441 words)

RE: (S26) Ultimus Week - Mooty99 - 01-06-2021

UW PASS BABY!

RE: (S26) Ultimus Week - KamiCommie - 01-06-2021

1) This week will see the S26 Ultimus and Ultimini races begin in earnest. How did each team arrive at the playoffs? Were there any dark horse teams that went unexpectedly far, or any presumptive favorites that fell flat? Who do you think will win the final? If you’re writing this after the finals were decided, were you surprised by the outcome? (10 TPE)

Here we are, just moments before the Ultimus for Season 26 of the International Simulation Football League!  This season we have the NOLA Second Line up against the Yellowknife Wraiths in what should be an exciting game!  But first things first, how did each team get here? 

Yellowknife had a less than thrilling finish last season, ending the year with 7 wins and 9 losses and some glaring holes on both sides of the ball.  Thanks to some great Free Agent acquisitions and additions through the draft, the Wraiths up in Yellowknife returned to their spooky selves again.  The Yellowknife Wraiths were dominant right out of the gate, winning 7 of their first 8 games thanks to their crushing defense that did not allow more than 17 points a game during that stretch.  And just when you thought they weren't spooky enough, their offense woke up.  Throughout the whole second half of the season, their offense picked their opponents apart, averaging 31 points.

Yellowknife finished the season with a 13-3 record, 12-0 in their conference, all while sporting the league's number 1 defense and number 2 offense.  Yellowknife also were top in the league in rushing yards, and total offensive yards per game.  Oh, and the Wraiths also le the league in every defensive category.  With the league's top offense and defense, you could see why everyone had them pegged as the favorites to win the Ultimus.

The NOLA Second Line had a more difficult path to the Championship game, finishing second amongst the five way tie in the ASFC with 9 wins and 7 losses.  Neither their offense or their defense really stood out over the course of the season, ranking anywhere from the middle to the lower half of the league.  Based on these rankings alone, you would think that this was a huge mismatch.  However, the Second Line did have one feather in their cap.  The had already beaten the Wraiths once before in the regular season 27-26. 

While the first half of NOLA's season looked promising, the back half of NOLA's season was everything but consistent.  The Second Line entered the second half of the season at 5-3, and looked like a decent contender for a playoff spot.  But alternating wins and losses over their last 9 games of the year put their playoff hopes in doubt as they finished 9-7.  NOLA found themselves mixed up in the middle of an unheard of five way tie, and thanks to some luck tie-breakers, snuck their way into the playoffs as the second seed.  Also, thanks to some screwy tie-breaker magic, managed to have home field advantage in the Championship Round over the New York Silverbacks.  Would NOLA have still made it to the Ultimus if the game was played in New York?  Who knows? 

Leading up to the big game, both teams had some close calls in the Championship Round.  The NOLA Second Line managed to take the New York Silverbacks into OT after being down 14 points going into the 4th quarter.  Once in OT, the Second Line managed to escape New York with the walk off touchdown three minutes into the extra quarter.  The Yellowknife Wraiths managed to stay out of OT on their end, just barely squeaking by the Sarasota Sailfish with a field goal in the closing seconds of the game.  Not quite the cake walk everyone else was expecting.  For whatever reason, the Sarasota Sailfish like to play the Wraiths close, only losing to them by 3 in the regular season finale.

When comparing the two teams, Yellowknife leads New Orleans in every single statistical category.  Yellowknife went undefeated in Conference play, while New Orleans finished with a respectable 7-5.  The Wraiths held onto homefield advantage through out the playoffs, and were 7-1 at home through the regular season.  The Second Line were not phased by this, as they have been road warriors through out the whole season.  The Second Line managed to finish with a better record on the road, 5-3, as opposed to their home record, 4-4.  That should give NOLA some confidence going into this David vs. Goliath matchup for the Ultimus title.

In the end, I think the difference between these teams are just too great.  I don't believe that this game will even be close, as the offensive and defensive juggernaut that is Yellowknife will literally run all over New Orleans.  Lead by their suffocating and opportunistic defense, look for multiple turnovers that are either returned for points or sets the offense up with a short field.  NOLA will score some points, it is nearly impossible to shut out a team at this level, especially when it is in the Championship game.  The Yellowknife defense will be the key in this game.  Their defense is just too solid and efficient for NOLA to really stand any sort of chance in this game.  Look for the Wraiths to win big, and re-establish themselves as the team to beat in the NSFC!
Code:
833 Words

RE: (S26) Ultimus Week - EMPER0R - 01-06-2021

Task 1 
Ultimate playoffs

As the playoffs begin this week, I wanted to highlight the journey of a few teams.

I will start with the New York Silverbacks.  I doubt many people picked them to win the ASFC, but after a 5 way tie and having the best record vs the 9-7 they won the conference. In their second season they proved how fast you can turn a brand new franchise into a championship contender.  They ended their first season on a winning streak and had appeared to find their way as a team and they certainly did this year. 

They focused on defense in both of their drafts and it paid off.  They had the second best scoring defense in the ISFL (341 points, 21 points per a game) and were the best in the ASFC. There defense has been great and is the reason why they ended up with the top seed in the ASFC, there offense was a weak point and will need to be addresses if they want to maintain there succes.

They did have the lowest scoring offense in the ISFL at 337 points (21 points per a game).  They will struggle in the playoffs if they cannot generate more points,  but even if they get knocked out right away, their season was a massive success.

Yellowknife Wraiths

They went from 7 - 9 to the league best 13  - 3. They had the second highest scoring offense with 462 points ( 29 points per a game) and the best scoring defense at 312 points ( 20 points per a game).  I personally didn't like their first round picks this year and I was wrong.

Rookie Arthur Naught was second on the team in receiving touchdowns with 7 and their other first round pick Leonard Taylor stayed in the DSFL.

Acura Skyline had 489 yards last season and overall the Wraiths struggled in the run game.  This year Skyline lead the ISFL in rushing with 1337 yards.  There focus on improving their run game also helped the passing game.

Jack was second in the ISFL in passer rating at 96.3 and had the least amount of interceptions with only 7. He also had the second most touchdowns with 29.

Having the second best offense and best defense is certainly a great recipe for winning the championship this year. 

Those two teams were my surprises of the playoff teams this season and looking towards the playoffs these are my predictions.

Sarasota Sailfish vs Chicago Butchers

Oddly enough this season they will face each other again in the playoffs.  This year they have swapped positions in the conference.  They both finished 2 and 3 this year and last year.

Chicago has been slowly improving over the last few seasons and their defense has been the main reason for their success.  They are above the league average in defense and offense. 

O'Donnell had 30 touchdowns this year but he also had 16 interceptions.  His play will be the determining factor of this game.  Sarasota is a very balanced team and they do generate a lot of turnovers especially fumbles which they lead the ISFL. 

Sarasota has already beaten Chicago twice but it's hard to beat the same team 3 times in a season.  Mike Boss jr had a very good rookie season and won the DSFL championship last season, but I think he will feel the pressure in the playoffs and Chicago will win a close game and they know how to beat Sarasota in the playoffs.

Orange county Otters vs new Orleans second line

New Orleans drastically improved on defense and offense and they won 2 more games this season than last

Orange county had a slight drop in offense but a drastic drop in their defensive production.  They went 11 - 5 last season because of their defense but the lack of big plays dropped them to 9 - 7.

orange county lost both game against New Orleans, but the playoffs are a different animal.  I believe orange county will have their playmakers show up and win.

Orange county has playoff experience who'd will benefit them.

Yellowknife vs Chicago

To keep it simple, Chicago cannot keep up on offense against Yellowknife.  This game won't be close. Yellowknife wins by two scores and makes it to the championship.  The Wraiths are just better on both sides of the ball.

Orange county vs new York

New York gas a great defense, but their lack offensive playmakers will lead to their defeat.  New York has exceeded expectations and their first ever playoff game will be disappointing.  Orange county has experience and knows how to win in the playoffs and will continue their resurgence in the playoffs to face Yellowknife.

Orange county vs Yellowknife

Yellowknife is just better than every other team this season.  This will be a close game but Yellowknife has the advantage on both sides of the ball.  Skyline will ice the game for the Wraiths and they will be champions.

RE: (S26) Ultimus Week - furiousPanda - 01-06-2021

UW pass

RE: (S26) Ultimus Week - MachineEarnedRuns - 01-06-2021

Task 24

[Image: playoff_graphic.png]

Task 27

[Image: mongo_ncaa_football.png]

Task 28

I am really excited to move to the new sim. I am brand new to the league and actually havent see any games on the old sim but I know Wolverine studios has mad a lot of changes to the new game, draft day sports pro football 21. They have completely revamped the interface to the new AU UI. It looks a lot better than the old game and is not as text based as the old one. I think it will be a lot easier to navigate for GMs and look a lot cleaner on stream as well. I picked up the game a couple of days ago and have been messing around with it. My biggest gripe so far is the overall rating system seems to be messed up. If you use the default ratings in the game a lot of the NFL player ratings are way off. I spent a lot of time tweaking them to get them close to what they should be. There also seems to be a little bit of a randomness component as well. For example, every time you reload the rosters, players will jump around in ratings. I do not really know how this will affect our league and to be honest I am so new that I don't really know how they edit players now. Its not as easy in OOTP, I know that. Anyways, really looking forward to playing some games and watching MONGO take the league by storm. MONGOOOOO!

Task 18

The Pro Baseball Experience is another sim league I am in, and what an experience it is. This is truly a unique league and I am really enjoying it so far. I am a part of a traditional online sim league. I also commissioner an online league myself. Yet I found myself yearning for more from what OOTP has to offer. This is a unique itch that this league is scratching for me. I really like that I do not necessarily have to log into OOTP in order to participate. I already do not like switching between my two league files so a third would have been too much. I really like that I can participate with really only a phone if I wanted and then tune in to watch my fictional player swing at a fictional ball on a fictional field populated with other real people's fictional players. I think that is my favorite part about this league is that everyone is controlled by someone real, everyone is working behind the scenes to make their player and their teams better. That's a real special thing to think about. No longer are the players just names on a screen, computerized facegens on a screen, these are real people behind the wacky names and this is a real community. United by a common love of baseball or OOTP or thomas the tank engine remixes. Whatever you are into, you can find a friend here and I am looking forward to making more as I continue along what I hope to be a long career that is just beginning in the PBE. A lot of these same elements exist in the ISFL and looking to see what other treasures I can enjoy here.

RE: (S26) Ultimus Week - charlit - 01-06-2021

2) Tell us about your draft class. Is there anything that makes it special in comparison to other classes? Where did your fellow draftees land, how are they doing? Did anyone turn out to be an unexpected steal of that draft based on what you know today? Do you think anyone in your draft class will become a hall of famer? If you’re new to the league, how do you think your class will do? Where do you think people will get drafted to?

My draft class was the S25 and it is special for several reasons. One, this class was a Reddit class, making it much larger than most other draft classes. In fact, the S25 class had 141 players drafted into the DSFL and 115 players drafted into the ISFL. The S25 class has given a lot of life to the league through this huge influx of new players. Before the S25 ISFL draft, the league expanded and introduced two new teams. These teams were the Berlin Fire Salamanders and the New York Silverbacks. Without a large class like the S25 class, these teams probably wouldn’t exist today. The fact that then S25 class led to expansion is one reason why it’s so special.

Of course, what matters much more than the size of a draft class are the players that make up a draft class. In the case of the S25 class, there are some absolute studs and many hidden diamonds that fell in the draft. With there being 9 rounds in the S25 ISFL draft, I will highlight one pick for each round that I believe is most notable. In the first round, The New York Silverbacks selected Hank Winchester with the 13th overall pick. This was their first pick in franchise history after they traded the 2nd overall pick for their QB, Sam Howitzer. Hank Winchester was the best player the Silverbacks could have chosen for their first draft choice in franchise history. Winchester, as a rookie, made it to the pro bowl. As of today, he is the only player in the S25 to have made an ISFL pro bowl. Of course, this class has only played 1 complete season, so that is bound to change. Still, it’s incredible that New York was able to get production this fast from their first-round pick. If Winchester can keep up this level of production, he is on the fast track for a HOF career.

The pick that stands out in the 2nd round as an absolute steal is Vance Slattery, now known as Doy Fieri. Fieri was selected 22nd overall by the Arizona Outlaws. Despite Doy Fieri being drafted at an incredible value in the 2nd round, he’s not even on the Outlaws anymore. After one season in Arizona, he was traded to Philadelphia to become their GM. To become a GM after being in the ISFL for only a season (and joining the league only two seasons ago) is very impressive. Fieri’s user, Pat is a great GM, and has helped right in the ship in Philly after they saw a mass exodus through free agency and players demanding trades.

Entering the 3rd round of the S25 ISFL draft, there was still plenty of great players left on the board. The name that sticks out to me is the 3rd pick of the 3rd round, Jimi DeSoto. DeSoto was selected 31st overall in this draft and has made an immediate impact as a linebacker for Philadelphia. He has also already become a GM in the DSFL, GMing the Norfolk Seawolves. Apart from this, he is a vital war room member in Philadelphia. To get a player of Jimi’s quality at 31st overall makes him an absolute steal.

Despite the 4th round of the S25 class having a few players who have gone IA, there are still quite a few players who are first-round quality selected in this round. One name that sticks out is Gary Goodman, selected by the Baltimore Hawks with the 46th overall pick. Gary Goodman stands out for the same reason that Doy Fieri stands out, he is a current ISFL GM. And, just like Fieri, was traded from the team that drafted him to Philadelphia. Cody (Goodman’s user) and Pat have done a great job in Philly and will continue to do so. Gary Goodman is arguably the biggest steal in the whole draft, as I have to think if a redraft of the S25 was done he would probably be a 1st rounder.

The biggest steal of the 5th round is probably Jeeeeroy Lenkins. Lenkins was selected by the Berlin Fire Salamanders, and despite being selected at 57th overall, he is one of the better CBs drafted in the S25 class. Despite 56 picks separating him from Berlin’s first pick in the drafted, Swantavius Jones, who was drafted 1OA, Lenkins only has 59 less TPE than Jones. Goodman and Lenkins are probably the biggest two steals of this class.

The 6th round saw the New York Silverbacks selected Marlon Alexander at 80th overall. Alexander has earned 434 TPE. For a late-round pick, he was a huge steal.

The 7th round saw the selection of Bulldog Willard and Willy Weasel with back-to-back picks. How many drafts can claim to have two players with animals as names selected with two picks in a row?

In the 8th round, King Tutankhamun was selected at 109th overall. Tutankhamun is still active, which makes this a great pick as most of the players drafted around his position are no longer active.

Finally, in the 9th round, Philadelphia selected Trent Blackburn, the Mr. Irrelevant of this draft class. Blackburn is currently 41 years old, and while he may have never gotten to play in the ISFL, it is quite impressive that he managed to get drafted despite his old age.

While I only highlighted a pick for each round, there are a ton of more incredible players from this class. I’m super happy that I am a part of it and I’m excited to see how everyone’s careers turn out!

RE: (S26) Ultimus Week - firstfray - 01-06-2021

18) Write about another sim league you are in and which parts of it you enjoy. If you are only in the ISFL, write about your ideas for a sim league with another sport.

I joined another sim league called the EFL just a week ago so since I am fairly new to both sim leagues, I'd like to comment on my first experiences from both sim leagues. First, I would like to say both leagues did a great job in making new players feel welcomed. In the ISFL, in the rookie discord, all the rookie mentors helped me out when I had questions and they have also done the same for all the players and made everyone feel welcomed! Also the GM of a DSFL team reached out to me asking if I had any questions. Likewise, in the EFL two AD's reached out to me as soon as I joined and helped me get started. One part I like about the EFL is that tpe can be easily claimed using an online system. On the other hand, I enjoy how the ISFL presents their games. Its neat getting to watch each of the plays unfold! Both of these leagues have been my first experience in sim leagues and they both have been extremely welcoming and fun! I look forward to learning more about both sim leagues and to hopefully get more involved! 

20) Pretend injuries are a thing in the ISFL and your team has had a lot of them lately – so many that your GM has asked you to play out of position. What position are they asking you to play and what about your player build will help you succeed in this role?

The team lost its starting running back in free agency this offseason and in the preseason game the current started broke his leg. In the first 4 games, the two remaining running backs on the roster also got injured with turf toe and a torn ACL, respectively. With no one else to call up, the GM looked to the roster to see who could fill in. The GM asked Dexter Hall, a pass rushing linebacker, to fill in the role of running back for the rest of the season or until one of the running backs returned from the injury. At 6' 2'' and 240 lbs, Hall would easily be able to fill the role as a power running back. With his big frame he would overpower defensive backs. However, with his slightly low strength, he would struggle to break away from the larger and stronger defensive linemen and linebackers. This is where Hall would use his high speed that he usually relies on in his pass rush to zoom past the usually slow defensive front. But, the team would still need to adjust to a pass heavy offense as Hall would not have the endurance to take 25 carries a game. 

29) Awards season will soon be upon us. If you could create an award for anything in the league that doesn’t already exist, what would it be? Who do you think should get it?

If I could create an award for the league that doesn't already exist, I would create the most improved player of the year (I'm new to the league so sorry if this is already an award). From what I saw, all the awards are for the best at something for that particular year. Obviously this is usually the awards presented for sports leagues but I feel like a most improved award would be great. This would be similar to the comeback player of the year in the nfl but since there are no injuries in the sim, this is how that award would be changed for this league. The hardest part of determining the winner of this award would be how bad of a season would you need to have and how good of a follow up season do you need to have to qualify? The player would probably also need to be a starter in both of the seasons so there would be enough stats to see the improvement. Instead this award could be adapted to the most improved team (offense/defense) of the year. This would be a much easier award to vote on since all the stats for the record, points for/allowed, and yards gained/allowed are available. 

30) Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, highlights, or totally fraudulent mail-in ballots. Whatever rookies get up to these days.

Scouting report for the DSFL prospect: Dexter Hall, Pass rushing linebacker out of Wisconsin
In college, Hall was redshirted his freshman year due to some poor fundamentals. His next season, he earned the starting role at linebacker after a dominant scrimmage game that impressed coaches. In his redshirt freshman season, Dexter Hall accounted for 13 sacks and 20 tackles for a loss. Lots of analysts and pro scouts started to notice Hall after his impressive season. Unfortunately, Hall tore his ACL in the first game of his redshirt sophomore season and missed the rest of the year. After a successful recovery, Hall came back for one final season. Hall managed to be a finalist for the Butkus award for the nations best linebacker with 15.5 sacks, 18 tackles for a loss, and two interceptions.

As a pass rushing linebacker, Hall primarily blitzed. Due to his speed, Hall was able to keep up with receivers in coverage and wasn't a liability but he rarely got interceptions. Even if he couldn't get the sack, Hall usually took on a double team allowing his teammates to beat their 1-on-1's. The defining play of Hall's career at Wisconsin came in his final year when he was a finalist for the Butkus award. In their 10th game of the season against Minnesota, Wisconsin was down 24 - 20 late in the fourth quarter. Minnesota had the ball at their 34 yard line on a 3rd and 7. Needing a conversion to ice the game, Minnesota dropped back to pass and then comes Hall quick off the edge on the QB's blindside to force a fumble. Still on his feet, Hall picks up the ball and barrels into the endzone! Minnesota was stopped on their following possession and Wisconsin took the knee for the win.

RE: (S26) Ultimus Week - yonggarius - 01-07-2021

UW pass- DSFL GM